The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rate Survivor Groups by Finish"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rate Survivor Groups by Finish"
This is a takeoff of EJM92's post. When I was selecting a person from each group, I noticed that certain groups were strong and others really weak. While this may be a little confusing, I think it is worth doing because it is fun AND I believe MB will select one placement as a counter tribe against the 8 winners for S9, and the front runner is the 10th place finishers....

So I'll start and I'll use a grading system, with a short explanantion.

16th F While it might be interesting to see if they learned their lesson, I don't think they be THAT interesting and nothing but fodder for the winners.

15th C- This high of grade is due the eye candy factor of Kel, Jessie & Tanya. Really, thou there is no way MB brings these Social Misfits & Pukers back.

14th B (F) A very good group to bring back, and why it received a "B", but with Stacey there is NO WAY they are brought back and why really this group is brought down to an (F)- somewhat unfair, but that's life.

13th F A horrible group, highlighted with Ramona as the best this group can offer.

12th D+ A bad group that got better the last two episodes(Gabe & Steph).

11th A- With Michael(S2), this group is a very strong contender to make it to S9. maybe too young and similar attitudes with Joel, Lindsey and Robb.

10th A THE BEST group besides the winners by far, and is diverse by age and race. It also has the bonus of being the set of players that made it to the merge but not on the jury. Jeff V, Robfadda, and Shii all seemed to understand the game, with maybe a minor flaw. I think a lot of people would like to see Gretchen and Clarence also get another shot.

9th A- A realy strong group with 4 great characters, and an unknown- Erin. i think getting a comic like Greg would be great for the seriousness that would pervade the group. The over the top in your face characters of Kelly G and John would be great TV, and also create a very fluid mid and end game.

8th C An amazingly weak group compared to the previous 3. Jerri & Brandon lead this pack with an evil streak, but the other 3 are really weak.

7th D- It is interesting Gervase & Nick are both here, and due to their similairity in the character they were portrayed as gives this group no chance for S9.

6th C- This group was typically the last of the tribe that was pagonged. One of the most successful post Survivors, Colleen is the only interesting aspect of this group, and Jake was one of those older players that everyone liked. The other 3 were really BAD players.

5th B A strong group with two player that screams for another shot, Sean S4 and T-Bird S3. I may have over penalized for having a really weak player, Sean from S1.

4th B+ An even strong group, albeit a little less diverse, I think this is the oldest group by far. Brining Pascal back has a certain justice to it.

3rd B+ Hard group to grade with the strongest 3some with Rudy, Lex and Kathy, and a very weak pair of Keith and Jan.

2nd C This group is led by players kept around because they were PERCEIVED as weak, and many were. Colby and Clay lead this group. I actually could see MB bringing this group.

1st A++ What can be said. A Superstar Survivor HAS to include this group. Great group and diverse. A must inclusion.

Thinking this out, EP MB & Jiffy have stated the all the winners would be included in S9. The question is who makes up the remaining 8? IS it MB's choice... somewhat of a political nightmare based on who he doesn't choose. Plus if he picks the "best" then he may get an automatic ally for the winner of the same show to team with. By taking the 10th or 11th place finishers he would gain diversity, good strong characters, and it would make some sense. The only other possibility is taking all the 2nd place finshers, but that group is too weak.

Thoughts?

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rate Survivor Groups by Finish Kokoro 01-14-03 1
 RE: Rate Survivor Groups by Finish ejm92 01-14-03 2
 RE: Rate Survivor Groups by Finish evanakm 01-15-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-14-03, 06:41 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Rate Survivor Groups by Finish"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-03 AT 07:26 PM (EST)

Well, I don't think he'll cast by group, but I'll do a top 10 (excluding the winners) anyhow:

10.) 7th: Gervase, Nick, Frank, Tammy, Penny

* While I love Gervase; Nick, Frank and Penny to a lesser extent, kill this choice.

9.) 6th: Colleen, Amber, Kim, Robert, Jake

* Colleen is my favourite Survivor, but I just couldn't deal with morons like Amber, Kim and Robert being on the show again.

8.) 8th: Jenna, Jerri, Brandon, Zoe, Ken

* First three are great, but then it goes downhill because of Zoe (especially) and Ken.

7.) 11th: Joel, Mike, Lindsey, Gina, Robb

None of these people really sucked - we have two alpha leaders, a sweetheart, a b*tch and a weirdo. Most of them are younger folk, but if MB is ever looking for more eyecandy, this could be the group.

6.) 9th: Greg, Alicia, Kelly, John, Erin

Great group with the exception of Erin, even though she seemed to be a nice girl in her last episode. 3 big players, 1 wacko, 2 pieces of eyecandy. If casting by group happens, this could be it.

5.) 5th: Sean, Rodger, Teresa, Sean, Ted

* Rodger, Teresa and Sean R. drive this team into the top 5. While I don't really want this one to be cast, since Sean K. drives me insane and Ted was just plain boring when he wasn't sexually harassing anyone, the big three here deserve another shot.

4.) 4th: Susan, Elisabeth, Tom, Paschal, Helen

* Sue, Liz, Tom, Pappy, Helen and possibly another cool member on the way, this group also kicks major butt. It's lower mostly because I really didn't like Tom at all and I just don't want Elisabeth on "All Stars" no matter how cute she is (mostly because I see it as a real game and not the time to bring back all the nice people that everyone loves).

3.) 3rd: Rudy, Keith, Lex, Kathy, Jan

* Rudy, Lex, Kathy and even Jan to a lesser extent (it's not like there are other amazingly cool grannies around) push this one way up. Keith isn't really my favourite person but I could deal just because the other four are all amazing characters.

2.) 10th: Gretchen, Jeff, Clarence, Rob, Shii Ann

* I agree that this is the best group aside from the winner. The last true loser always seems to be an interesting person.

1.) 2nd: Kelly, Colby, Kim, Nelen, Clay

* This group is only really here because I'd like to see the theoretical "Best of the Best" on AllStars so I can really feel like the "Ultimate" Survivor won the game when it's all over.

-----------------------------------

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-14-03, 08:47 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Rate Survivor Groups by Finish"
I'll do mine like you did yours, jsanb......

16th Place - F+ - Well, duuuuh.....we've got Sonja, Debb, Diane, Peter, and John R.......they must receive an F because they finished last in their respective seasons....and we might be adding Daniel or Ryan to this list in about a month.

15th Place - C - Tanya, Jessie, and Patricia are all cool, all three of them could've definately went further in the game and been popular, but BB and Kel bring this group down for me.

14th Place - B- - I really liked Hunter, Carl, Maralyn; but Jed and definately Stacey drag this group down for me.

13th Place - F+ - We've got Ramona, Mitchell, Linda, Sarah, and Ghandia.....the biggest waste of space contestant (Mitch) and the worst contestant ever (Ghandia) bring down the grade of this group, but I added the + because Sarah and Ramona were enjoyable to watch.

12th Place - D+ - This group was decent, but no real standouts....I enjoyed Silas and Dirk, Gabe was a waste of space, and Kimmi and Stephanie pull this group down a lot.

11th Place - B+ - Robb, Mike, Joel, Lindsey, and Gina were all tough competitors that probably should've lasted longer....

10th Place - A - Jeff is the man....Gretchen was cool....Clarence was great....Rob M. made things fun....and Shii Ann was awesome.....it still doesn't get the A+, though.

9th Place - C - John C. and Erin were great, Kelly G. was ok before her jury tirade, but Alicia and Greg bring this group down for me.

8th Place - D - Jerri and Ken are bright spots, but Brandon, Jenna, and Zoe weren't very good.

7th Place - B- - Mostly boring (Frank, Nick, Penny), but Tammy and Gervase bring this group waaay up.

6th Place - B+ - We've got Colleen, L'Amber, Kimmy Powers, The General, and Jake the Snake....a great group.

5th Place - B+ - We've got a Rodger, a Ted, a Teresa, and two Sean's....a pretty solid group.

4th Place - A++++ - Big Tom, Pappy, Susie Q, Lizzie, Helen.....this is by far the best group of finishers.

3rd Place - A+ - Rudy, Keith, Lex, Kathy, Jan.....a superb group.

2nd Place - A - Kelly, Nelly, Colby, Kimmy, and Clay.....Kim brings them down just a tad, but the rest of the group is great.

1st Place - A - Rich, Tina, Ethan, Vee, Brian.....a very good group of winners....but only if the 4th placers could've won....

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-15-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Rate Survivor Groups by Finish"
Ratings are for nothing in particular. Just the overall package, and the taste they left in my mouth when all was said and done.

16th place

Sonja - B+
Debb - C
Diane - A-
Peter - A (He was pretty cool, I still have no idea why he was voted off, and I have no sympathy for Hunter and Gina because they voted for him)
John R - B-

Average: B+

15th place

BB - D
Kel - C+
Jessie - B
Patricia - D
Tanya - A+

Average: C+

14th place

Stacey - B (I am ignoring that little legal debaucle)
Mad Dog - A+
Carl - C-
Hunter - B
Jed - C+

Average: B

13th place

Ramona - A-
Mitchell - F
Linda - D+
Sarah - F
Ghandia - F

Average: D

12th place

Dirk - C-
Kimmi - C
Silas - D-
Gabriel - F
Stephanie - B+ (my opinion shot straight up after the reunion show)

Average: C-

11th place

Joel - B+
Mike - C+
Lindsey - D
Gina - C (I liked her, but not nearly as much as most others seem to.)
Robb - D- (I hated him, but I reserve Fs for people who I think do nothing more than take up space)

Average: C

10th place

Gretchen - A
Jeff - A (I like him as much as most of you do, but he's still my lowest in this group. That's how great these guys are)
Clarence - A+ (I think he was the predecessor to Kathy, he just didn't get the lucky breaks that Kathy got.)
Rob Mariano - A+ (#3 on my all time list)
Shii Ann - A+ (The Shii-devil ROCKS)

Average: A+

9th place

Greg - B (He was scaring me by the end of his stint on the island)
Alicia - B-
Kelly G - D+
John C - A-
Erin - B-

Average: B-

8th place

Jenna - B
Jerri - C+
Brandon - A+ (Second favorite ever)
Zoe - C
Ken - C-

Average: B-

7th place

Gervase - A+
Nick - F
Frank - A+ (his game playing skills left a lot to be desired, but he was one of the coolest guys ever)
Tammy - C
Penny - F

Average - C

6th place

Colleen - A
Amber - F
Kim P - D (for screwing over Brandon because her feelings got hurt)
Robert - F
Jake - D+

Average - D+

5th place

Dr. Sean - C-
Rodger - B
Teresa - B
Sean R - B+
Ted - D

Average: C+

4th place

Sue - A+
Elisabeth - A+
Big Tom - A-
Paschal - D
Helen - B- (too much use of the integrity card and passive play for my liking)

Average: B+

3rd place

Rudy - A
Keith - B
Lex - A-
Kathy - A+
Jan - B-

Average: A-

2nd place

Kelly - A-
Colby - F
Kim J - F
Neleh - D
Clay - A+

Average: C-

Winners

Dicque - A-
Tina - A-
Ethan - B
Vecepia - B+
King Brian - A+

Average: A-

Averages are calculated based on A+=1, A=2, A-=3,..., D-=12, F=14

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •