The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A thread for those of us who LOVED last night's episode!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"A thread for those of us who LOVED last night's episode!"
I don't find such a thread, so, OK, I'll start one. I am usually very quiet here. Usually happy to just read all the posts by you professional posters, but something about this episode has inspired me to come out of the shadows.

IMHO MB really needed a twist to mix things up and I think this was done fairly. The contestants, tho unwittingly, chose their new tribes. Of all the possible combinations that could have occurred, I think MB could not have scripted a better result!

First, our damsel in distress, Gina, is saved from sure annihilation by the rapacious barbarians. She gets three intellegent adults from the love tribe and the worm turns for that vapid witch, Sarah. Oh, what a difference a day makes!

Meanwhile, back in Rotu, Bevis and Butthead realize their worst nightmare: a whole tribe of Hunter types, and Oh, oh! They are now in the minority! Hee, hee. Their initial confidence soon turns to dismay. Hilarious to see them covered with sweat with those scared looks on thier faces.

Did MB go to central casting and order one Archie Bunker type, but without the charm? And one Louis Farrakahan type, but without the intelligence?? These two are perfectly cast.

Sean and Vee, what were you thinking when you allied yourselves with the only obvious racist on either tribe?? Even us white folk can tell a bigot when we see one. The sweet irony of Sean and Rob laying on the sand and making their sexist and homophobic snickers. Dumb as sh*t Sean hasen't figured out yet that the only thing Rob is holding back from his usual repitoire are the racial slurs he would add to the conversation if he were back home with his homies.

Sean is representin'. Just who should we think he is representin'? Afro-Americans? Christians? Men? Naaaaah! He's just representin' Sean. The diatribe he launched at poor Gabe will prove to be his defining moment. Whiney, lazy wanna-be alfa.

Vee, now she's my biggest disappointment. She, like me, is an office manager in the S.F. Bay Area. I expected her to carry the flag for me, so to speak. Instead she enlists in the mysogonist's brigade! What's that all about? How sorry that she would align herself on racial lines instead of with her natural ally, another woman. To wit, Gina. (Flashback here to Rob and Sean displaying their complete distain for women while giggling on the sand.) Gina would have welcomed the opportunity to bond with the only other woman in the tribe. They, with Hunter, could have been a real force on Mamu. The other three pinheads wouldn't have had chance.

I thought this might belong on the Bashers board. Having never visited there before, I ventured over there this morning but don't think I fit there. I really am a fan of the show. If the moderators feel this is a bit nasty, I'll understand if they move it. I just got carried away, I guess.

Well, that's all I know.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A thread for those of us who LO... bubbastan 03-21-02 1
 RE: A thread for those of us who LO... Silvergirl1 03-22-02 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-02, 10:38 PM (EST)
1. "RE: A thread for those of us who LOVED last night's episode!"
You did a great job summing things up Punkin. I totally agree. I just loved seeing the dopey duo get theirs. I'm hoping that Vee will return to the sharp, sassy chick we saw in the first episode. Despite her unwise alliance with Mr. Representin', I think that there is a great deal more to her than what we've seen so far. I guess we'll see. Too bad Hunter couldn't have lasted one more week (sigh). I think he would have enjoyed this twist the most.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
2. "RE: A thread for those of us who LOVED last night's episode!"
>Usually happy to just read all the posts by
>you professional posters, but something about this
>episode has inspired me to come out of the shadows.

I don't know if you could call any of us professional posters, it is just that some of us have been doing this for a long time (not me, I've been posting for about a year). Anyway, there is no real need to be intimidated, as long as you follow the guidelines and are polite. You have done both. I think this post belongs here on Fanatics.

>IMHO MB really needed a twist
>to mix things up and
>I think this was done
>fairly. The contestants, tho unwittingly,
>chose their new tribes. Of
>all the possible combinations that
>could have occurred, I think
>MB could not have scripted
>a better result!

I agree with you about last night's show. I laughed at the "twist" and thought, oh, well, you guys signed up for this and you knew that MB could twist it whenever he wanted to.

>First, our damsel in distress, Gina,
>is saved from sure annihilation
>by the rapacious barbarians. She
>gets three intellegent adults from
>the love tribe and the
>worm turns for that vapid
>witch, Sarah. Oh, what a
>difference a day makes!

I've said it in one of my other posts - Yayyyy! Sarah got the boot! *Happy dance* (*All the Basher Babes feel free to join in*) Oops, sorry, back to loving the show!

>Meanwhile, back in Rotu, Bevis and
>Butthead realize their worst nightmare:
>a whole tribe of Hunter
>types, and Oh, oh! They
>are now in the minority!
>Hee, hee. Their initial confidence
>soon turns to dismay. Hilarious
>to see them covered with
>sweat with those scared looks
>on thier faces.

ROTFLOL! I felt like I was watching Beavis and Butthead, too!

You probably won't get too many replies to this post because so many people are upset by the twist, but hey, Rotu really needed shaking up just as much as Maraamu because they are eventually going to have to vote someone off, and really begin to play the game. It is not all about loving each other on the way to the million.

R.I.P. (Recreating In Paradise):
Peter Harkey: Alien from Uranus getting into the best shape of his life.
Patricia Jackson: Nacho Mama chillin' at the Loser Buffet.
Hunter Ellis: The Knuckleheads have spoken sending the Eagle to go scuba diving.
Sarah Jones: Miss No-nos begins her tropical vacation at last.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •