The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What if? Looking back at the turning points."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-19-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"What if? Looking back at the turning points."
In the past three series, there was an event that helped pave the way to the eventual outcome.

What if:

S1) Pagong had an alliance to combat Tagi right after the merge?
S2) Michael never fell into the fire?
S3) The swap never happened?

What do you think would have happened in each instance? Would there be a new winner?

My picks FWIW:

S1) Rich would have probably been the first Tagi eliminated and thus would not have won. I think Gretchen or Greg would have won.
S2) Kucha goes to the merge 6-4 (probably), kills Ogakor, and has Michael and Alicia fighting it out for the win.
S3) Frank gets booted pre-merge. Teresa (if alive) jumps ship to Boran, kills Samburu, and ultimately the game pans out the same.

Your thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What if? Looking back at the tu... PagongRatEater 03-19-02 1
 RE: What if? Looking back at the tu... wildchickenhunter 03-19-02 2
 RE: What if? Looking back at the tu... JeffGator 03-19-02 3
 RE: What if? Looking back at the tu... JohnMc 03-20-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-02, 12:26 PM (EST)
1. "RE: What if? Looking back at the turning points."
I think the most interesting potential change is that the game might have been played totally different if Rich had not won S1. His strategy set the blueprint for the way the game was to be played. Say someone like Gretchen won, then the observation would have been that the best "Survivor" is the favorite to win and alliances would have been squashed instead of promoted.

For episode 2, I really think you would have seen Jeff, Rodger or Elizabeth fighting it out. Mike or Alicia would have been seen as too strong and would have gotten voted out soon after the merge (as long as Kucha kept numbers)- unless one of those two pulled a Colby and won everything, they were gone. Of course, Colby could still have won all the challenges and insured himself a place in the final. If Colby does get into the final Kucha would have the jury majority so He would probably still end up in second place.

Way too much wierd stuff in S3 and just a horrible group for Samburu - I don't see anyway that anyone from that tribe could have won.

I just like to reflect on S1 though and wonder - how different would they play the game today if Rich's strategy had failed and the alliance did not gain the importance that it has in today's game? Would playing the game still be more important than surviving?

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-02, 04:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: What if? Looking back at the turning points."
S1 - Tagi still had the Tagi 5. Dique, Soozan,Celly,Roody and Doctor dumb ass. I think even if Pagong had an alliance they would not be as strong as the Tagi 5 turned out to be. I have a feeling Dique probably would have still won. If by combat you mean that they had a stronger alliance then I doubt it would have been Gretchen because she was against the alliance so they would have gotten rid of her before the merge. If memory serves me correctly Greg, Jenna and Coleen were also against alliances of any kind. That doesn't leave a winning group. Dique still wins he just had it figured out and nobody else did.
S2 - Mike wouldn't have won. Here is a guy who passed out into the fire. Remember the motto "outwit, outplay, outlast". Mike failed on two accounts. He not only couldn't outlast he couldn't even outwit the fire. Even Amber could outwit the fire. The reason everyone thinks Mike would have won is because he played so hard and actually well, but it takes all three. Had he not fallen in the fire he would have cut his finger off with the dull machete or ran off chasing a wild chicken and never returned. I have a feeling that if Mike hadn't been eliminated by the fire Kucha goes in 6 to 4 and eliminates Ogawhore. Then Kucha takes off Mike and Alicia because of there strength. the final two standing are Roger and LizLiz and LizLiz takes the Mil.
S3 - This is probably the easiest. MB decides not to do the switch and everyone in U.S. stops watching the show. MB stops production of the show and brings back the entire crew to the U.S. Leaving the two tribes in Africa. Sambooboo wondering if J.P. was going to show up and clean there Boma and drop off some food. Since once the show stopped filming they had decided to sleep in a little later.
The tribe of Morons, once having figured out that J.P. was not coming back, moves to the nearest village and teach the locals to play hacky sack.
MB officailly declares on national T.V. that S3 never happened and that the current group of misfits will make up the best survivor yet.

God you got to love this show!

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-19-02, 06:32 PM (EST)
3. "RE: What if? Looking back at the turning points."
S1-Ok guys, his question was what if Pagong had an alliance, so even if the members in the tribe were against it, you're supposed to speculate what would have happened had they not been. I think Greg and Colleen would have been the final two (unless Gervace wins some more immunities) and I'm not sure who would have won the whole thing.
S2-It always TOTALLY baffles me when people say that Mike would have won if not had he fallen into the fire. Yes, Mike was the most deserving player to win, but as we all know the most deserving player does not always win. If you watch all the episodes before he had fallen into the fire, he was not viewed all that favorably within his tribe. Jeff called him an idiot on several occasions. I don't think Alicia was too crazy about him either. They all made fun of him when he hunted the pig and put the blood on his face. The only alliance he ever had was with Kimmi, and that only lasted about two shows before he changed his mind about her. On Kucha there was a strong alliance between Jeff and Alicia and one between Elizabeth and Rodger. But who was Mike with? No one. Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy ok and think he deserved to win, but unless he won every immunity challenge in a row, I think he would have been the first Kucha voted off and I don't think he would have won the show. My prediction is Jeff and Alicia in the final two with Alicia winning the whole thing.
S3-Ethan would have won either way you look at it.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-20-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
4. "RE: What if? Looking back at the turning points."
S1 - Rich still would have won. Pagong was opposed to alliances, as were some early Tagi members.

S2 - Mike was going to fall into the fire, because he's a clutz and can't control fire. Even if it hadn't been burned so severe as to leave the game, he still wouldn't be boar hunting after his stint.

S3 - Now here is where there was a true turning point. EPM didn't have to put this swap in. This was truly a new manipulation of the game. Had there been no swap, Frank would definitely have been the next to go, and Samboohoo may have thrown the challenge like Boron did to get rid of him. Silas would have lasted longer. Ethan and Silas definitely would have locked horns, as we saw in the swap. TBird, though, would have told Boron about what the kids were doing, and I think Silas would have been booted by the merge. Clarence wouldn't have made the merge. Beangate would be the death of him, and they didn't need his strength this close to the merge. The rest of the game would probably have played out similarly. Lex was in charge, and Brandon wasn't going to be able to trick anyone into any backstabbing. TBird would have won the endurance challenge, and Lindsay the winer is the last to not make the jury. Lindsay wouldn't have played rock paper scissors, and therefore no mystery Lex vote. Kelly and Lex stay friends, Boron still takes the F5, and EPM still screws up Fallen Comrades and we have 4 winners but Ethan still gets the title.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •