The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinkbikini 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-00, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
In defense for Richard,

The people who seem to hate Richard always mention one of the reasons being is because he back stabs. Just who has he back stabbed???? He has stayed true to the alliance at all times. Yes, he formed the alliance (evil?) to ultimately help himself in the long run, the point is to win, but I think it shows a lot for his integrity that he hasn't voted for anybody that's really trusted him so far. How can it be back stabbing when he hasn't voted for anybody he's promised that he wouldn't vote off, only for people who weren't part of the alliance? Just because he has the forsight to plan what needs to be done to win might make him seem a little crooked & slimy but really it shows that he was smart enough to figure the game out right away.

I know he wanted to vote Kelly off in the last TC, but she really has dug her own grave by being so wishy-washy. And regardless of what Rich has said to the camera, he has never voted for Sean.

Rich is a little cocky and arrogant. That's for sure! I thought him going around nude was very gross. If he did that here he would be arrested in a New York Second. He shouldn't have done that. It would be inconsiderate if Sean, Cooleen, or anybody else for that matter, did it too.

He is the only one who was able to bring home any substantial amount of fish and I guess he has the right to be kinda cocky about that. When he got votes from people @ TC and said "Ok I'll just bring home less fish" or whatever, that IS actually a GOOD & SMART way to get people to see how much they actually do rely on you. (Kinda like when you're hubby pisses you off and you withhold sex for a couple days...How much do you appreciate me now, honey?)Mean, yes... Do you get your point across? I think so!

I also think that if Rich makes it to the final two the "fact that he was the one who caught all the fish thing & thus fed everybody" will play a huge part in the decision that the Jury comes to about who to award the million to.

People will have to start back stabbing now @ this point in the game. They have to. It's for a MILLION. There's no way to get around it.

BTW - US Weekly states Rich's latest oddds are "5-to-4. I think this guy has the best chance" (this was written when Colleen was still in it).

Let's get some good (but nice) arguments rolling!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Math Jedi 08-16-00 1
   RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... champagne_supernova 08-16-00 2
       RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... marley9808 08-16-00 3
           RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Lucian 08-17-00 6
           RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Rainydays&Weds. 08-17-00 8
       RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... shanana banana 08-17-00 5
       RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... beachfeet 08-18-00 11
 RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Garak18 08-17-00 4
   RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Lucian 08-17-00 7
 RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Hunydou 08-17-00 9
   RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... marley9808 08-17-00 10
       RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... survivor style 08-18-00 12
       RE: In Richard's Defense (please re... Lucian 08-18-00 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Math Jedi 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-00, 12:00 PM (EST)
1. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
It all depends on what the frame of mind of the jurors is. Of all the players he is the one with a plan to win the million. After all, the goal is to go home with a million, not be voted Miss Congeniality! What has anyone else done to "earn" the million?

I do find humourous to compare Richard with Shakespeares Richard III--the story of a monster who will stop at nothing to become King of England. Talk about alliances!

champagne_supernova 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-00, 01:32 PM (EST)
2. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
I love Richard! He and Sue are the only two who knew from the beginning that this was a game. I think that they've played very well.

Richard has remained faithful to the alliance this entire time. I admire him for this. It's the best way to last on the island. I also think that he has another alliance with Rudy (or at least I hope he does!!!).

Unfortunately, I think he might lose tonight if he doesn't get immunity!

GO Rich!!!

marley9808 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-00, 11:58 PM (EST)
3. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
##### SUX. I have hated him from the very first 15 seconds of the very first episode. He is an a..hole. And no its not because he has back stabbed anyone. I could care less what he does to other people. I understand that it is a game and certain measures must be taken to win. What I hate about him is him. He is so full of himself. In fact I suspect this is where the bulk of his weight comes from. He thinks he is god and that he rules all. And what sucks so much is that he is getting away with that. No one is God but God. And please help me but I seriously hope that richard is not god. But someone needs to let him in on that. He makes comments so subtly like bye bye sean or what not. And of course he has been true to the alliance. He started the alliance and the alliance vote is always determined by him (God) so why would he not be true to it. It was his idea and rule. And the thing about the fish. Big deal. The only reason he was the only one catching fish was because he wasnt letting anyone else control the spear or scuba stuff. And did sue not catch some fish tonight. WHAT???? Rich let someone else do something??? Wow thats amazing. I hate him so much. I dont know where he is from but I sure hope its not near me. Because if I was to see him on the street I would treat him like his own son and beat the hell out of him. If he wins I will die!!!!

Lucian 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-00, 11:43 AM (EST)
6. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
For the 98th time Richard was cleared of all child abuse charges and the judge admonished the police for making an arrest without probable cause. The foster child Rich has adopted has a LONG history of problems and a record of inventing false abuse charges whenever they get upset with their current caregiver.

Rich should be ADMIRED for being willing to adopt such a troubled youth. I know I certainly would never do it.

Oh and, just to be clear, Sue and Kelly approached Rich about an alliance. Rich was subtly working to try to get them to do it but it did happen that way.

Rainydays&Weds. 29 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-00, 12:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
Jeez...lighten up - it is just a game show!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-17-00, 10:19 AM (EST)
5. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-00 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

>I love Richard! He and
>Sue are the only two
>who knew from the beginning
>that this was a game.
> I think that they've
>played very well.
>

I agree, Dicque and Soozan are the best.

However, I also agree that Dicque's fish catching will not come into play when people are jury voting at the end. Like Garak18 posted below, Revenge will probably be on everyone's mind and Dicque would be the target since he orchestrated the Alliance.

beachfeet 32 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 11:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
I used to think all those good things about Richard too pinkbikini, until this last episode. When Rich was talking with Sue and Kelly about whether it should be Sean or Rudy that they vote off, I felt nauseous. There's Rudy thinking Rich will keep his word to the end and Rich is over in a corner mocking him. Albeit Rudy was threatening him ( I don't know how serious he was about it) but it could of been in reaction to a hunch he had that Rich was going to turn on him.
The only way Rich could redeem himself in my eyes, is if he was putting on an act to Sue and Kelly about considering voting off Rudy, so they would think he was in their corner. Ditto for the mocking behind Rudy's back, it all could be an elaborate ruse that Rudy is in on. This scenario would certainly make the ending more interesting.

Garak18 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-00, 05:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
I honestly don't believe that in the final two (I, like most, are assuming it'll be Richard and Rudy) people will take Richard's fish catching into account.
They're going to think about how Richard was probably behind each of their eliminations, and they'll only have one thing on their mind.
Revenge.
A very minor sort of revenge mind you, but the most revenge they can give in this situation is not voting for him.

The past "good" isn't as important if something big and "bad" happens in the present. There's examples of this everywhere in politics and world history, but I won't get into it, since this isn't the place.

Garak,

"Did the cameraman know about Greg's sister snorting cocaine before he filmed her or not?"

08-17-00, 11:46 AM (EST)
7. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."

>A very minor sort of revenge
>mind you, but the most
>revenge they can give in
>this situation is not voting
>for him.
>
Voting for him actually. The hury votes for who they want to LOSE.

It's a minor difference but psychologicaly VERY important.

Voting in this show is always evil, every time you vote you are hurting someone. It would not surprise me if some of the contestants never vote again in any election.

Hunydou 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-00, 05:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
I agree! I hope Rich wins! He's made the show entertaining from Day 1 -- I doubt the rating would be as high without him.

marley9808 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-00, 11:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
Rich will not win (Thank God). The final 2 will be susan and rudy and rudy will win. Anyone but Rich Im fine with!

survivor style 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-00, 12:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
Dicque is the devil

08-18-00, 12:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: In Richard's Defense (please read w/open mind) Long..."
Just remember Burnett said the winner will shock you!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •