The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-07-02, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"

I don't know why this hasn't hit me before,but maybe there is more foreshadowing and hindsight then we are noticing. Thinking back as far as I could remember in this race, maybe falling/tripping means elimination is going to be soon? Look at this:
Episode One: Right off the bat, Gina and Sylvia trip, but get right back up. ELIMINATED FIRST ROUND. Later in the eppy, we get Heave falling off the donkey cart. ELIMINATED FOURTH: Exhibit A:

Episode Two: No one fell down as I can remember, falling off of the seadoos I don't consider since its not falling on the ground.
Episode Three: Dennis and Andrew fell going up some steps. ELIMINATED ROUND THREE.
Episode Four: None I can think of....
Episode Five: JILL falls. Is this the end of them?

So far, people who have fallen have been eliminated. Is there really somethin there? I think this is worth some more discussion, and if anyone else fell which I forgot, please add.

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... CaM2002 11-09-02 1
   Who's got a match... I feel some fl... J Slice 11-09-02 2
       RE: Who's got a match... I feel som... survivormitsx 11-09-02 3
           RE: Who's got a match... I feel som... cmaybur 11-09-02 4
               RE: Who's got a match... I feel som... J Slice 11-10-02 5
                   RE: Who's got a match... I feel som... Chrissy gal 11-10-02 7
   RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... Bebo 11-12-02 8
 RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... magic_star 11-10-02 6
   RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... survivormitsx 12-02-02 9
       RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... amazinracer 12-03-02 10
       RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... 712 12-04-02 11
       RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... Cole 12-04-02 12
           RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spe... managerr 12-04-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CaM2002 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-09-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
O come on Yea im sure every single person thaT TRIPS IS GOING TO BE ELIMINATED and not win..... plz thats pathetic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
2. "Who's got a match... I feel some flames coming..."
Cam-

Be prepared. Your ONE post is derogatory to someone who's been here for quite a bit longer than you... SurvivorMitsx had 176 posts. He also has a perfectly reasonable speculation.

Be warned... you might not last very long here, but a heads up:
NEVER INSULT a post of pure speculation made by someone who's been here longer than you.

and besides... the only thing that's really pathetic here is your butchering of spelling, capitalization, and grammar.

11-09-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Who's got a match... I feel some flames coming..."
Thanks for the help, JSlice, that was very nice of you, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions, as I respect CAMs. I also don't think it matters how long you've been somewhere, because I have been a member of these boards for awhile, but I don't think of myself higher on the chopping block than CAM. It shouldn't really be that way, either. We have some awesome posters that just come on here and have valuable insight and something which might be a good idea to look over. Sure, my speculation might have sounded weird, but you just never know how they edit something. I mean, for instance, who would've thought that all that snake eating the rat imagery in Survivor One would lead up to Susan's unforgettable diatribe to Kelly? The thing is, no matter how weird or odd something might sound at first, you never know how someone else might intrepet it (wrong or right) and that is indeed what is so great about the Blows communities- people from all across the world can come together and offer insight which others might not have even considered before. So CAM, I respect your criticism, but I am still going to work on this idea until something happens which proves it wrong; I never said "this is what happens" it just might help us decide when things DO happen and how soon.
And CAM, Welcome to the boards.

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-02, 06:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Who's got a match... I feel some flames coming..."
And I, for one, will never get tired of watching Heather fall flat on her face out of that donkey cart!

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Who's got a match... I feel some flames coming..."
How could you ever get tired of that???
Those two idiots, falling... ahh sweet bliss... Stupid... now if we could only find Ian falling too...

-=J=-

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-10-02, 07:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Who's got a match... I feel some flames coming..."
>>now if we could only find Ian falling too...<<

Ian fell off the Jet-ski, does that count? (TNT fell off the Jet-ski also)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-02, 10:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
Welcome to the TAR forum, CaM.

While I'm not a moderator on this forum, I would like to advise you of a basic rule on these forums. Flaming other posters is not tolerated and can result in being banned from the forums.

Please take that into consideration as you continue posting on the forum. Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-10-02, 06:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
I don't think so. Heather/Eve didn't get eliminated until a few episodes later. All but 3 teams will be eliminated anyways so they're going to be eliminated most likely regardless if they fall. Those 2 specific falls were in situations when they would have been shown regardless of when they were eliminated. I don't think CBS would have possible not shown Heave falling off the cart. For one that is when they switched to the other detour choice. John/Jill will be going in a few episodes though. But the only thing the fall shows is that they will soon be the weakest team.

The Cubs win the World Series!Cubbies Win!Cubbies Win!

12-02-02, 11:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"

I am bumping this thread because as this race is nearing a close, this theory hasn't been proven wrong/right yet, but some little notes to take into consideration:

After this was posted, AA was eliminated, and Aaron did fall in one leg (he slid down a hill) two eppies later, they were gone.

In the latest episode, KennyG fell down the hill twice I believe- this does not look good for them. Since they are the seem shown falling second (compared to Jill's fall at the cliffs) They will round out the final four, and John vito and jill will round out the final five. (If this theory works-basically, it is saying neither of these two teams make the finals.)

It also doesnt count as a fall if a team falls off an object, because it wasn't like a natural thing, and most of the time its not their fault (a la jetski- most of them don't know how to ride them very well, and teri falling off the bike next epi is the same thing, im sure she slid or something...but it has to be your own doing to count.)

amazinracer 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-03-02, 05:10 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
no offence...
I THINK ITS COINCIDENCE

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-04-02, 02:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
Heather and Eve fell OFF a donkey cart.
Also, I recall Flo falling down when she was preparing for the rappel that would not happen.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-04-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
With the exception of one team, EVERYONE gets eliminated from TAR. And it's a physical race, which gives many teams many opportunities to fall.

I don't see the connection either. I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that the editors are foreshadowing the winners by choosing to show all the other teams falling? I really think that's far-fetched.

And why shouldn't it count if they fall off a bike? It shows a lack of coordination. I don't think it shouldn't not count because it doesn't fit into a theory. JMO

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-04-02, 03:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Hindsight-Does falling down spell Elimination in TAR?"
You forget Aaron falling down one week before he and AA were eliminated!

I do think that if the editors intentionally did this, it is a bit lame on their part as there isn't much deep symbolism to it. More than likely, teams that "fell down" were impetuous or clumsy--two traits that will get you eliminated eventually anyway.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •