The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Waiting for TAR9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colbys_Chick 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-05, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Waiting for TAR9"
Please tell me that TAR9 will be back to couples. The family thing just doesn't seem to have the hype all the others have had, and it will be hard to pull for a team. I might change my tune after the first episode, but right now, I'm not completely excited.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Waiting for TAR9 Max Headroom 09-20-05 1
   RE: Waiting for TAR9 banzai 09-21-05 2
       RE: Waiting for TAR9 Pamisue 09-21-05 3
           RE: Waiting for TAR9 Deekeryu 09-21-05 4
   RE: Waiting for TAR9 doke 10-18-05 14
 RE: Waiting for TAR9 Charnchon 09-28-05 5
   RE: Waiting for TAR9 television 09-28-05 6
       RE: Waiting for TAR9 GrEeNdayFaN42 09-29-05 7
 RE: Waiting for TAR9 HobbsofMI 09-30-05 8
   RE: Waiting for TAR9 Gingerman28 09-30-05 9
       RE: Waiting for TAR9 Judd 09-30-05 10
           RE: Waiting for TAR9 volsfan 10-02-05 11
           RE: Waiting for TAR9 flipxcyd 10-02-05 12
               RE: Waiting for TAR9 wheresrupert 10-18-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
Everything I've heard says that TAR9 will be back to the standard two-person team format.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-21-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
and around the world this time.

Pamisue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
I just hope they don't make any reunion shows. I think it takes away from the excitement due to you have already seen previous contestants play and have an idea about how they will react in certain situations. Besides this whole show is about the unknown reactions of the participants and a whole lot of luck.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
TAR9 is definetely 2 people teams according to the application form.

doke 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
Hope so.

I'm over the whole Family thing. Too many people running around. More strategizing going on when its just 2 people.

Charnchon 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
It would be more fun to watch if the families go around the world. The fact that they will going around NA is suck.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
See, I was thinking that too before last night, but then after watching the show I thought it was kind of interesting to visit things in the US like they do in every other show, such as a traditional Amish/Mennonite farming area as opposed to a traditional area in some other country. There are a lot of interesting and diverse areas in the US and Canada, so I think this show might have a lot to offer.

GrEeNdayFaN42 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
i think they go somewhere in South America

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
I'll have to watch another show or two....but one thing I did notice is that the clues are clues.....no route markers along the way, have to know what SoHo was, hint that it was in Penn, etc.

So I'm happy about that.

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-30-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
Hope some of those teams learn how to read maps pretty quickly. The four girls lucked out by having the truck driver at the Jersey Turnpike rest stop give them his Rand McNally highway atlas of the U.S. From the look of things it will come in handy. Perhaps that is why these four cuties make it at least to the final four in Montreal.

So far it looks like the teams indeed will stick to North America from Panama up to Canada (and still an outside chance of a trip to Alaska to complete North America from South to North and from East to West.)

Judd 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-30-05, 10:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
i'm really annoyed in the fact that they are only going to visit this continent. i don't watch amazing race for a tour of the USA, i watch it for a tour of the world. i seriously think that TAR might lose its distinction as an emmy winner after this season for the poor route choice.

just because you have little kids does not mean that you can't take them overseas. they just need to suck it up and throw them into europe, asia, africa, and where ever else they want to go. i was seriously considering entering in the next family edition, as i know that my family would be a top contender looking at this race's current lineup. now i am reconsidering, seeing as its probably going to be another half-assed attempt at a race by CBS...

its the little kids fault!!!!!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
I think we all need to give this season time to play out. From the first episode I think it fairly clear that these families don't know anything about the country they live in...much less another country. I see nothing wrong with what has happened so far.

Why judge so harshly after one episode?

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-02-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
I find it amazing (no pun intended) that even Americans don't even know if a particular state is really a state or the fact they don't even know how many states are in the country or even the fact they don't even know the capital cities in various states. I find it very amusing and interesting to see various parts of our country I haven't even visited yet.

For me, I visited the UK and western Europe, Canada, & Mexico, and I haven't even visited NYC. Just recently, I made a visit to Washington DC. With the previews of the next episode, I'm not even that educated regarding Gettysburg. So, I'm looking forward to that episode.

wheresrupert 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Waiting for TAR9"
I know for sure that one of the legs is in Melbourne Australia, and one of the teams is Lex and Big Tom from Survivor Africa and Allstars, becasue i saw them at Melbourne Airport few days ago.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •