The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not A Close Finish?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not A Close Finish?"
In the past, we've been told when the race to the finish is close. Take this from the TV Guide listings from TAR 6 as an example:

After four Continents, 24 cities, and more than 40,000 miles (and tons of screaming matches from its prickly cast) the sixth edition of the Emmy winning reality series crowns its $1 million first-place team. "It's a geat adrenaline ruch from the beginning to end," says host Phil Keoghan of the two-hour finale. "we've been blessed with another close finish." Four teams start off in Shanghai on the penultimate leg of the race, which ends with one duo being eliminated. The remaining pairs ultimately head back to the U.S. for the final sprint to the finish line.

We don't have anything remotely similar this time. Does this mean we don't have a close finish? Is the reason R&A weren't spotted in Puerto Rico because they are so far ahead of the other two that it wasn't close? (Or conversely, so far behind?)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not A Close Finish? idiotcowboy 05-04-05 1
 Could be any team pmspml5 05-04-05 2
   RE: Could be any team Devious Weasel 05-04-05 3
       RE: Could be any team LeftPinky 05-04-05 4
       RE: Could be any team idiotcowboy 05-04-05 5
           RE: Could be any team Devious Weasel 05-04-05 6
               RE: Could be any team ARnutz 05-04-05 7
                   RE: Could be any team pmspml5 05-04-05 8
                   RE: Could be any team idiotcowboy 05-04-05 9
                       RE: Could be any team ARnutz 05-04-05 10
                           RE: Could be any team weecama 05-05-05 11
                               RE: Could be any team GottaLoveTAR 05-05-05 12
                                   RE: Could be any team Flowerpower 05-05-05 13
                                       RE: Could be any team kned 05-05-05 14
                                   Another interpretation Bebo 05-09-05 33
                               Begging For Money Devious Weasel 05-05-05 18
                                   RE: Begging For Money pmspml5 05-05-05 21
                                       RE: Begging For Money memyselfandi 05-06-05 27
                           RE: Could be any team pmspml5 05-05-05 15
                               RE: Could be any team ARnutz 05-05-05 16
                                   RE: Could be any team Devious Weasel 05-05-05 17
                                       RE: Could be any team ARnutz 05-05-05 20
                               Disagree Devious Weasel 05-05-05 19
                                   RE: Disagree Spidey 05-05-05 22
                                   RE: Disagree pmspml5 05-05-05 23
                                       RE: Disagree Spidey 05-05-05 24
                                           RE: Disagree michel 05-05-05 25
                                               RE: Disagree kaanapali 05-07-05 28
                                       RE: Disagree Flowerpower 05-05-05 26
                                           RE: Disagree canadafan 05-07-05 29
                                               RE: Disagree pmspml5 05-09-05 30
 RE: Not A Close Finish? TerriBlue 05-09-05 31
   RE: Not A Close Finish? Devious Weasel 05-09-05 32
       RE: Not A Close Finish? cahaya 05-09-05 34
           RE: Not A Close Finish? Devious Weasel 05-09-05 35
               RE: Not A Close Finish? TerriBlue 05-09-05 36
   RE: Not A Close Finish? RBA 05-09-05 37
       RE: Not A Close Finish? JackieKay 05-09-05 38
           RE: Not A Close Finish? RBA 05-09-05 39
               RE: Not A Close Finish? JackieKay 05-09-05 40
                   RE: Not A Close Finish? RBA 05-09-05 41
                       RE: Not A Close Finish? JackieKay 05-09-05 42
                           Cut it out Bebo 05-10-05 46
                   RE: Not A Close Finish? memyselfandi 05-09-05 43
                       RE: Not A Close Finish? RBA 05-10-05 45
                           That's enough Bebo 05-10-05 47
   RE: Not A Close Finish? Spidey 05-09-05 44
       RE: Not A Close Finish? Devious Weasel 05-10-05 48
           RE: Not A Close Finish? Bebo 05-10-05 49
               RE: Not A Close Finish? Devious Weasel 05-10-05 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
Given your example it would have to be ahead. If it was behind it would still be a close race between RKelly and UJ.

-ICB

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
2. "Could be any team"
We have clear previews of all three teams together running for something - so my guess is that there is bunching (go figure) so it could be that any team is ahead. Even though we have pics at the airport - doesnt mean they are exactly together.

05-04-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Could be any team"
I assume we'll have bunching of some sort prior to the last pitstop. But RaceyGirl was pretty adamant that R&A were not at the airport when RKelly (nice name, ICB) and U&J were. It appears we have a pitstop in Jamaica (where U&J finish last and lose their possessions) then a stop in Puerto Rico before returning to New York for the finish.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Could be any team"
If U/J finish last on the NonElim and they are in Puerto Rico at the airport with RKelly, doesn't that say that they likely came in later than R/A and R/A are happily winging to the USA well in front of the other two?

The previews seems to really focus on making Rob/Amber look sunk, likely a typical SeeBS misdirection to the casual viewers...

Icey did it!

05-04-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Could be any team"
> RKelly (nice name, ICB)

I would love to claim it as my own, but I must confess I stole it from Bebo.

BTW I agree with your assertion, they bunch in London/Jamaica then head to Puerto Rico before heading back to the US. Clearly Romber is NOT with them in the Raceygrl photos, whether ahead or behind is debatable, but I expect ahead given UJ are "robbed" and they should be trailing (at least initially).

If so it may not be a close finish... but I'm not ready to discount the betting spoilers just yet. Perhaps the roadblock rule does Romber in...

-ICB

05-04-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Could be any team"
Thinking about it further, it could just be the case that Rob and Amber got there far enough ahead of time to comfortable board the plane and the others got there late and were scrambling. I need to go back to the RaceyGirl thread to see how long she was in that area.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Could be any team"
Raceygrl's post # 38 from that thread says:

Hello! I saw two teams...one I now know is U/J. The other I definately believe now to have been R/K. There was a team that arrived while I was in line that I missed in the excitement - they were the team ahead of U/J. So, I could have missed a team altogether, or that team could have been R/K who I saw inside the airport later. Also a Survivor fan, I would have noticed R/A FOR SURE And, I did not see any older teams. Fun, Fun!

It's most likely that Romber were in front of U/J and they just weren't seen.

I can't find it now, but I thought Raceygrl stated somewhere in another post that a black Mercedes SUV was already parked when she spotted the second one arriving with U/J (she subsequently spotted the third one arriving, I believe.)

Can you say, "airport bunching"???

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

05-04-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Could be any team"
Yep and there goes all the theories that R/A are way ahead - I say that they all get on the same plane.

05-04-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Could be any team"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

From Raceygrl's post: "Hello! I saw two teams...one I now know is U/J. The other I definately believe now to have been R/K. There was a team that arrived while I was in line that I missed in the excitement - they were the team ahead of U/J. So, I could have missed a team altogether, or that team could have been R/K who I saw inside the airport later. Also a Survivor fan, I would have noticed R/A FOR SURE And, I did not see any older teams. Fun, Fun!"

From a timeline standpoint I have a hard time believing that she missed Romber, but had time to see U/J and RKelly. Especially given RKelly were being interviewed "later" implying at least that they had time to do that but Romber had already boarded and she didnt see them at all? The timing seems to indicate to me that Romber was already gone or had not yet arrived, but not that they were already on board the flight.

The spec that since it was not hyped as a "race to the finish", and fact that RKelly and U/J were clearly at the Puerto Rico airport in the same time frame and likely were on the same flight to the final destination (Miami/NYC?) implied that the team not seem (ie Romber) might be far ahead... and this spec is not countered by Raceygrl, but instead supported by it IMO.

Which does not mean I think Romber wins, it just means I like the spec that DW starte here... and I see it having merit (even if turns out to be wrong).

-ICB

05-04-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Could be any team"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

The spec that since it was not hyped as a "race to the finish", and fact that RKelly and U/J were clearly at the Puerto Rico airport in the same time frame and likely were on the same flight to the final destination (Miami/NYC?) implied that the team not seem (ie Romber) might be far ahead... and this spec is not countered by Raceygrl, but instead supported by it IMO.

I agree and if I could find the post which mentions the black Mercedes SUV's we could possibly add to this theory. I think it said something like --- there was already one SUV parked when U/J arrived at the airport followed not long after by R/K (making them the third to arrive at the airport). The SUV's, I believe were all parked together.

ETA: Found it!!! This is part of her initial posting:

RaceyGirl
03-30-05, 03:58 PM (EST)

21. "RE: THE FINAL 3 (I think I've finally got it!)"

... The teams pulled up to the Airport in black Mercedes SUVs. SO EXCITING - I whipped out that camera (I was traveling)...

Later on in the same thread she says:

RaceyGirl
03-30-05, 06:40 PM (EST)

29. "RE: You say you have pictures..."

... I would have died if I had run into A/R - U/J didn't arrive at the airport first - but when I saw the first Mercedes pull up I was fumbling to grab my camera - I can't wait to see who was ahead of them!!!!!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-05, 00:24 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Could be any team"
thanks to HaroldBalzaccio

EVERY MOVE, EVERY MINUTE, EVERY DECISION AND EVERY STROKE OF LUCK CAN MEAN THE DIFFERENCE IN THE BATTLE TO THE FINISH LINE FOR THE $1 MILLION, ON THE SPECIAL TWO HOUR FINALE OF "THE AMAZING RACE 7," TUESDAY, MAY 10 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"5 Continents, 25 Cities and more than 40,000 Miles!" -- Three teams compete in the last legs of the race ending in one team winning the one million dollar prize, on the special two-hour finale of THE AMAZING RACE 7, Tuesday, May 10 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

After 40,000 miles of travel, Teams reach the last city and one of them becomes the one million dollar winner of the Race. Along the way, the final three Teams are neck and neck, racing in their taxis to the next location when one Team’s taxi gets a flat tire. Another Team is at the mercy of strangers when they are forced to beg for money. Also, a team makes the crucial mistake of leaving a clue behind while shopping at a bookstore.

~puddin~

GottaLoveTAR 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-05-05, 05:51 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Could be any team"
"EVERY STROKE OF LUCK"

Just a figure of speech or a reference to golf? I'm going for the latter since it would be 10 points (under par ;)) for us.

"one Team’s taxi gets a flat tire. Another Team is at the mercy of strangers when they are forced to beg for money."

According to RG, U/J finish last in a non-elim, but the previews show them with a flat tire. Only one can apply to them, so I'm a bit confused.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 07:11 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Could be any team"
Every stroke of luck

Hmmmmmm, could be referring to golf, yet through this entire show Rob and Amber have always been well aware of their LUCK! They have commented on it in practically every show! Last Tuesday, on the mat with Phil they discussed it again. I'm wondering if their luck holds out? Could they be the very lucky million dollar winners?! GO ROMBER!!!!!

kned 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-05-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Could be any team"
I find it hard to believe that the description of the final episode would refer to Uchenna and Joyce for all 3 clues. We know from the previews they are the team that gets a flat tire. People are assuming they are also the non-elim team based on Racey Girls picture so I have to believe it is another team who loses their clue in a book store shopping.

Still hoping for a UJ win.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
33. "Another interpretation"
Only one can apply to them, so I'm a bit confused.

Both can, depending on how you interpret "another team". If you interpret it within the context of that press release, then yeah, it's a different team.

But "another team" can also be interpreted as another team, like Ron & Kelly and Meredith & Gretchen before them, is forced to beg. So this could refer to Uchenna & Joyce.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

05-05-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
18. "Begging For Money"
Did anyone else think "Ron's asking for money" when they first saw this picture from RaceyGirl? I discarded the idea right away when we figured U&J had just gotten a NEL, but considering the press release statement I'm starting to wonder again if he is asking for money.

05-05-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Begging For Money"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

My take on this pick is thet those 2 men work for the show and they are discussing something. Not sure but I think there is a white piece of paper in his hands (he is holding on with both hands) The guy in the white shirt seems to have the same type of paper. When I blew the picture up to draw around the pieces of paper you can tell that the guy on the right has a a small fuzzy looking microphone - I dont think it's a camera in front of him.

I have updated the pic to outline/circle what i mean.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-06-05, 10:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Begging For Money"
Maybe he is asking about a 'missing' clue or getting a replacement(taking a penalty) because they lost it another country. Doubtful but thought I throw it out there.

05-05-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Could be any team"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

Here is my problem with R/A being WAY AHEAD ...

Racey Girl:

... The teams pulled up to the Airport in black Mercedes SUVs. SO EXCITING - I whipped out that camera (I was traveling)...

... I would have died if I had run into A/R

- U/J didn't arrive at the airport first - but when I saw the first Mercedes pull up I was fumbling to grab my camera - I can't wait to see who was ahead of them!!!!!

To me she is saying that when she saw the first one pull up she missed who it was because she was fumbling with her camera. She then saw U/J who were second. So the first mercades either had R/A or R/K. If someone else would have been there way ahead - she would have said there was already one parked when I saw the 2nd car pull up. That would have put U/J in 3rd. Also she clearly stated that she was excited to see who was ahead of them - thinking that it might very well be her favs R/A.

05-05-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Could be any team"
Now that I found the original info that was posted and thought about it, I agree with you here PMS.

She definitely saw 2 SUV's and couldn't see who got out of the first one because she was fumbling for her camera. (It could be Romber or it could have just been RKelly.)

I think this may be the trip to the airport in Puerto Rico when they are leaving the final pitstop (after U/J get mugged) and the teams are headed to the U.S. to the finish line.

It makes sense to me that they do an entire leg in Jamaica (detour & roadblock) and then maybe the pitstop is in Puerto Rico or something. I think this could be right because they are driving! If this was just a connection in Puerto Rico, they would not be driving.

05-05-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Could be any team"
I just can't see them doing tasks in Jamaica and then flying to Puerto Rico for the pit stop. It makes more sense for the pit stop to be in Jamaica, then fly to Puerto Rico to do a quick task prior to leaving for the final city.

05-05-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Could be any team"
It makes more sense for the pit stop to be in Jamaica, then fly to Puerto Rico to do a quick task prior to leaving for the final city.

I agree this is another possible scenario.

No matter what, they are not just making a connection in P.R.

05-05-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
19. "Disagree"
Here's what RaceyGirl had to say about the parking:

because as soon as they parked them at the curb they jumped out and went into the airport - then some Amazing Race staff got in the SUVs and went and parked them somewhere. Nice, valet on the Amazing Race

So, as soon as a team left the car, TAR staffers moved it. If R/A had gotten there way ahead of the other two teams, their car would have already been moved. And since RaceyGirl says they parked the cars somewhere (which indicates that she didn't see where they parked the cars) she would not have seen R/A's car. Remember, she had this to say when someone asked if she had seen M/G

Of course, they could have been well ahead, or behind, the teams I saw. ;)

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Disagree"
I agree with Dweeze.

When the first SUV she saw pulled up, she was fumbling with the camera. My guess is R/K were in that car and Raceygirl saw them a few minutes later.

Given that "M/G", now we know to be R/A, could have way ahead or way behind PLUS U/J looking like they were just mugged (one would anticipate airport bunching at the beginning of the final leg, no?), my guess is R/A were at least far enough ahead that the car was moved before Raceygirl was "in position."

Could be hours, could be as little as 10 minutes.

05-05-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Disagree"
I'm sure that the cars are moved but when. In almost every episode where they drive - the teams know where they are in the race because of the cars there. Even at the airport there have been times when a team has said - ok there are __ teams ahead of us.

I just dont think we can clearly say - one way or ther other that they are definately way ahead of the other two. I think everyone is assuming this and trying to make the pics fit. I'm not saying they arent - jus that its not clear like others are assuming it is.

As far as what happens where. Last season they had a set of tasks in Hawaii before they moved on but no pit stop. I think your idea that pit stop #1 is in Jamaica - then they fly to PR, do a RB/Detour and then fly out w/o a pit stop.

05-05-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Disagree"
The point is Raceygirl saw 2 teams - U/J & R/K. So, Romber was either ahead or behind by enough time that Raceygirl didn't see them.

Since the photo evidence is pretty good that U/J were mugged, and history tells us TAR flights generally occur at the beginning of legs, it is more probable R/A are AHEAD rather than behind. By how much, obviously, no one knows.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Disagree"
It's likely that Rob and Amber are ahead at this point but I think what we should be trying to figure out is which team forgets the clue in the bookstore? All the roadblock and detour pics we've seen are either in Jamaica or Puerto Rico. Nowhere do we see a bookstore. That makes it pretty certain the bookstore is in the final hour, probably the final task (like eating the pizza in Chicago last season). Could it be that the team that forgets it, gets to the final pit stop first but are told that they have to go back and find it?

kaanapali 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-05, 00:05 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Disagree"
This is pure guessing on my part but maybe the bookstore is not part of a roadblock or detour at all. When Ron & Kelly had everything took from them on their NEL, Kelly said after the thing she missed the most was her bible. So maybe Kelly stops to buy a new bible somewhere and leaves behind a clue.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 11:07 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

I just don't think we can clearly say-one way or the other that they are definately way ahead of the other two.

Just went back and reviewed Racey Girl's thread and she states that while standing in line one team pulled up/arrived, that she did not see, but she does admit that that team could have been R/K, who she did see later in the airport(She didn't know that it was them when she saw them but the photos that she has definately indicate that it was Ron).

She said the team that pulled up that she missed, arrived 10 minutes before U/J pulled up. U/J didn't have any backpacks whatsoever and just had the plastic bag with them, therefore I think they were probably last in the one non-elimination left. Then she said she took the pic of U/J when they arrived right in front and directly went to the ticket counter where she snapped her picture. Then 35 minutes later she got the pics of Ron. Then very soon there after she knew that a white male/female team was interviewed, that she said could very well have been R/K. I do not think the guy with the red shirt that some are speculating is Rob, is Rob. He doesn't look like him at all to me and there is no Amber, nor any TAR people there.

So, the team that arrived 10 minutes before U/J could indeed have been R/K....so either R/A is pretty far ahead, or pretty far behind. Being optimistic, I'm voting for pretty far ahead!

canadafan 77 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Disagree"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/41a4f96a236809ae.html

I think pictures from PR airport are the beginning of the last leg. R/A got there first. R/K second and U/J last. Usually they have enough time there to eat, shop or do whatever they want. And by then, they know where the final city is. We saw R/A in the place looking really really happy and U/J really sad because it seems they missed that flight.

So R/K had time to shop, forget their clue somewhere in the airport, board the plane and then realise, too late, they don't have their clue. Remember the comment Kelly made in London about their clue. Being so stressed about that, they arrive in second place at the finish line but have to take a penalty so U/J pass them on the mat. Maybe it's wishful thinking but hell we can dream.

Now, where are R/A??..."You are the official winners of Amazing Race". See you tomorrow at "The Early Show", then next Thursday at "Live with Regis" and on May 24th in CBS for your televised wedding.

05-09-05, 02:25 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 02:56 AM (EST)

Racey Girl: The first SUV I saw got there about 10 minutes before U/J got there in their SUV (9:05am EST). So, I don't know if that means U/J are currently in second or third. The SUV that I missed could have been there after the two I saw, or before. However, as I was in line forever, I would say unless they pulled up to a different entrance, that third SUV got there at least 20 minutes before the first I saw, or at least 20 minutes after U/J. Geez, might need to read that one again.

Also, she states that the teams were at the AA ticket counter in one of her first posts. She just recently clerified that the pictures were taken at around 9:00 am EST. Puerto Rico does not have daylight savings time so in December that would have been 10:00 am local time (I think).

Now - The pics were taken 12/18/04 which was a Saturday.

AA has a 7:15am flight, a 10:35 flight and a 12:55pm flight. All R/A would have to be is about 1 hour ahead of the other teams to have gotten on the 10:35 flight out of Puerto Rico. That would put them about 2 hours ahead of the other two teams. The shots of U/J trying to get on the plane could very well be them trying to get on the 10:35 flight.

I still think the sad "Uchena" pics are from an earlier part of the leg maybe out of London and is misdirection My guess is that if they arrive at 10:00 local time - its cutting it close - but with no bags to check - they could have still made the 10:35 flight.

All this is assuming that AA has not changed their saturday schedule since last december.

TerriBlue 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
According an interview with Phil Keogan on 104 KRBE in Houston this morning and he said it was a very close footrace to the finish. So unless he's talking about the first pitstop, which is doubtful, given the use of 'finish' it looks like it's going to be a photo finish

05-09-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned in any of the publicity then.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

Chased this one and there's nothing on the KRBE site. The morning show doesn't have Phil listed as a guest, either. http://www.104krbe.com/djbooth/morningshow/djbooth.htm

Edit: And on second thought, what is Phil doing in Houston? Hmmm...

Ghosts ride the airwaves.

05-09-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
I imagine it would be a phone interview, and not necessarily posted on their site. The CBS site shows that Phil is doing a lecture on his book in NYC this evening.

TerriBlue 147 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
The interview was supposed to be on this morning, so I'm not surprised that it has not been mentioned in the publicity and it's not on the website yet. You can try writing their website and asking for a transcript.

Of course it could be 1 big fake-out, but the fact that a specific radio station and a specific city were mentioned gives this report a bit more credibility than your average spoiler.

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
>According an interview with Phil Keogan
>on 104 KRBE in Houston
>this morning and he said
>it was a very close
>footrace to the finish. So
>unless he's talking about the
>first pitstop, which is doubtful,
>given the use of 'finish'
>it looks like it's going
>to be a photo finish
>

LOL, slowdown. Let's break this down. If this is paraphasing what he said. It could mean several things. One thing you need to consider is maybe team 1 was far ahead and teams 2 and 3 were in a very close footrace to the finish. So it could be a photo finish for second. Did Phil specify a photo finish for first place?

JackieKay 56 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
>>According an interview with Phil Keogan
>>on 104 KRBE in Houston
>>this morning and he said
>>it was a very close
>>footrace to the finish. So
>>unless he's talking about the
>>first pitstop, which is doubtful,
>>given the use of 'finish'
>>it looks like it's going
>>to be a photo finish
>>
>
>
>LOL, slowdown. Let's break this
>down. If this is
>paraphasing what he said.
>It could mean several things.
> One thing you need
>to consider is maybe team
>1 was far ahead and
>teams 2 and 3 were
>in a very close footrace
>to the finish. So
>it could be a photo
>finish for second. Did
>Phil specify a photo finish
>for first place?

I can't imagine Phil would be promoting a footrace for second place. Usually when the 2nd and 3rd place teams run up, everyone claps for them but there really isn't any drama about it. All the excitement is over at that point, we have our winners. I can't even imagine two teams caring that much about whether they beat one another to the mat for second place. Once first is claimed, its over.

05-09-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

Doesn't 2nd place get more prize money?

Plus, Phil's job is to sell the race for ratings. Maybe he has learned the art of deception from Romber?

05-09-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05
>AT 10:33 PM (EST)

>
>Doesn't 2nd place get more prize
>money?
>
>Plus, Phil's job is to sell
>the race for ratings.
>Maybe he has learned the
>art of deception from Romber?
>

With respect to the footrace comment, Phil might be manipulating the facts a bit to garner some attention for the show ... but I still can't picture a foot race for second place. I think there is either a footrace for first or there is no footrace. The second and third place teams might arrive close together but it still would not be an "exciting finish" to see who comes in second. Is this your first season watching? I don't mean that condescendingly, but its just that usually the second and third place teams kind of jog up to the mat and stand aside -- they get a few courtesy claps but other than that no one really cares. And there are no prizes for second or third. I think the teams get some undisclosed amount for just being on the show, but I don't think it matters whether you are second or third.

05-09-05, 10:54 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
Yes, you do sound condensending. This isn't my first time watching the race. I think a race for 2nd would be pretty neat. Especailly if the teams don't know another team has beaten them until they see them at the finish line.

Maybe, you don't find it exciting, but you don't speak for me.

05-09-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

>Yes, you do sound condensending.
>This isn't my first time
>watching the race. I
>think a race for 2nd
>would be pretty neat.
>Especailly if the teams don't
>know another team has beaten
>them until they see them
>at the finish line.
>
>Maybe, you don't find it exciting,
>but you don't speak for
>me.

Well ... I'm sorry I wasted my breath. You obviously missed completely what I said. I wasn't talking about what you or I would find exciting, I was explaining that the show pays absolutely no attention to second or third place in the finale. Sorry you don't understand. And sorry you had to be so rude. And I doubt you have watched the show before, or you wouldn't be going on and on about this.

05-10-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
46. "Cut it out"
Folks, quit getting personal. That's not within our guidelines. People are entitled to express different opinions here, but we don't allow bashing of other posters.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
Actually you do get more money for 2nd than 3rd.

05-10-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
> Actually you do get more
>money for 2nd than 3rd.
>

Thank you for clarifying. Obviously some here would ratther tear others down than to actually post facts. Bravo for you.

05-10-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
47. "That's enough"
Keep it about the show, there's no need to get personal. And our guidelines clearly state that's not allowed around here. If you think someone's going after you, alert the mods and leave it alone.

Now, back to discussing the Race.

05-09-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
Over a sucks, some peeps have clarified that Phil did not actually say the words "footrace" or "close finish" in that interview, but that the footrace comment was the poster's interpretation of what Phil said while trying to build up the finale.

Terriblue, did you hear the interview or did you get the information from Sucks?

Yes, I read the last 20 pages of that freakin sucks spoiler thread tonight. What I do for you people!

05-10-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
I'm going to stand by my original guess then - the lack of CBS promotional info talking about a close finish means that there is not a close finish.

05-10-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
They'll still edit it to make it appear closer than it seems. I'm expecting so more bounces between the cabs then we'll see during an NBA playoff game.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

05-10-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Not A Close Finish?"
Absolutely.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •