The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-26-01, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
Hi guys.. this my first time posting !!

SO cut me some slack

I haven't seen any such topic here yet, so I thought i'd start it. Sorry if it's already been done.

Let's all look at the opening sequence of the show.. where they introduce all the 11 couples.

Now, what's interesting to note is that, I think 3 or 4 couples are shown with the same place in the background.

I think Rob/Brannan, Frank/Mageritta, and the angry fiancee couple. (Forgot their name)
This place seems to be of a craven of sorts, like some kinda underground passage.. Cause I seem them all carying tourches and there's like mud walls and celings around. This coould be a near by place.. since they are in France now.. they might be moving towards Egypt or something... maybe u guys can give ur own opinion.

And take a look at Kev and Drew's background.. It's an extremely clear blue sea.. with islands in the back ground. I don't think there's such a location until maybe asia.. or australia.. which is very far off. I therefor speculate, that Kev and Drew make it quite far in the race.

I'm not sure about the backgrounds of other couples, they look like some city to me.. Maybe u guys notice something.

I look forward for ur input.. and speculations !

Kel

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let's all analyze the opening s... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 1
   RE: Let's all analyze the opening s... sleeeve 09-26-01 2
       Good thoughts AyaK 09-26-01 3
       Amazing Race Video Caps supershirll 09-27-01 7
 Welcome KelKing! Survivorerist 09-26-01 4
 Just a few more details KelvinKing 09-26-01 5
   RE: Just a few more details Sammy_Swordfish 09-27-01 6
       More Opening Sequence Details Whiz 09-27-01 8
           RE: More Opening Sequence Details KelvinKing 09-27-01 9
 RE: Let's all analyze the opening s... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 10
 Vidcaps of Icey Scenes... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 11
   RE: Vidcaps of Icey Scenes... KelvinKing 09-27-01 14
   RE: Vidcaps of Icey Scenes... KelvinKing 09-28-01 29
 Tean Guido images... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 12
 Drew & Kevin vidcaps... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 13
   RE: Drew & Kevin vidcaps... KelvinKing 09-27-01 15
 Rob & Brennan caps... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 16
 Frank and Margarita Vidcaps... mor... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 17
   RE: Frank and Margarita Vidcaps...... sleeeve 09-27-01 27
   RE: Frank and Margarita Vidcaps...... teragram 10-27-01 50
 Amie vidcaps... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 18
 Lenny/Karyn caps... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 19
 Nancy/Emily cap... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 20
   RE: Nancy/Emily cap... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 24
   RE: Nancy/Emily cap... sleeeve 09-27-01 26
 David / Margaretta vidcap.. SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 21
 RE: Let's all analyze the opening s... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 22
   Thanks for the vidcaps! tonedef 09-27-01 23
       RE: Thanks for the vidcaps! SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 25
   RE: Let's all analyze the opening s... Whiz 09-28-01 28
 Problem with the images... sleeeve 09-28-01 30
   One thing to remember.... KelvinKing 09-28-01 31
       RE: One thing to remember.... Whiz 09-28-01 32
           RE: One thing to remember.... KelvinKing 09-28-01 33
               Official Site's map sleeeve 09-28-01 34
                   RE: Official Site's map supershirll 09-28-01 39
                   RE: Official Site's map KelvinKing 09-28-01 40
                       I may not be good at spoiling... Survivorerist 09-28-01 44
                           RE: I may not be good at spoiling..... sleeeve 09-28-01 45
                           RE: I may not be good at spoiling..... KelvinKing 09-28-01 46
           Coliseum Outfrontgirl 09-28-01 35
               RE: Coliseum sleeeve 09-28-01 36
                   RE: Coliseum SurvivorBlows 09-28-01 37
                       RE: Coliseum Outfrontgirl 09-28-01 38
                           RE: Coliseum Karamilke 09-28-01 41
                               RE: Coliseum KelvinKing 09-28-01 42
                                   RE: Coliseum allaboutme 09-28-01 43
   RE: Problem with the images... SurvivorBlows 09-28-01 47
       The Bickersons xrunner 10-07-01 48
 RE: Let's all analyze the opening s... JoeyGoGo 10-12-01 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-01, 03:07 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
Great first post Kelvin... I'll have to try and look at an opening sequence tomorrow -- I think I still have the premiere episode on tape around here someplace. Unfortunately if I remember right, it's a pretty poor quality taping (crappy friend's VCR used for taping)

Is this a job for -- dare I say -- Sleeeve??

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-01, 03:25 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
Yeah... I've been meaning to vidcap this, but with only one working VCR, and Love Cruise in need of vidcaps tomorrow night, it will have to wait at least one more week...

Perhaps there are vidcaps at another site???

I really, really wish I had taped TAR last week... I meant to!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 12:46 PM (EST)
3. "Good thoughts"
KK, thanks for the analysis and welcome! We're glad to have you with us.

I haven't paid any attention to the opening credits yet, but I guess I need to do so....

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 03:58 AM (EST)
7. "Amazing Race Video Caps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 04:00 AM (EST)

There are some good vid caps (including opening) on this site:

http://www.vidcapcentral.net

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-26-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
4. "Welcome KelKing!"
Don't worry, we'll cut you all the slack you need. We love new posters here!

And I hope you enjoy your stay!

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

09-26-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
5. "Just a few more details"
Thanks for ur support guys !

Some vid caps would be great, then we can really try to identify the locations those guys are in.

I was just going through the opening sequence again and it seems that that craven/caves locations pops up in many of the couples background. So far I have identified, Rob/Brenna, Bill/Joe, Frank/Mageretta, Lenny/Karyn, Jeff/Annie

In Lenny/Karyn's screen shot, it seems like they are outside this craven passage and I see all kinds of pottery and Egyption/Greek ?? structures. Plus they are hugging, It could mean the end of the next pit stop. They might not be eliminated yet, and this location could very well be the next episode (Ep 3). JUST A GUESS !!!

A Closer look at Kev/Drew's backdrop. I see white, sandy coastline and then it quickly cuts to them taking a dive. I notice that the water isn't as clear blue as I thought. It seems kinda greenish, very typical of asian waters. Plus look as the background, there's this huge rock/small island covered with trees, that look very very firmilar to me.

Cutting to the very last few scenes, I see Frank taking a dive into a frozen lake of sorts. I have no clue where such a location can possibly be, but just before that there's a cut of dogs pulling a sledge in some snowy location. I can only guess that location is Alaska, which is damn far.. almost back at their starting point.

That's all I have to add for now, we'll get into more details if we can get some vid caps.

Let's Crack this puzzle !!!!!

Kelvin

Sammy_Swordfish 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-27-01, 01:39 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Just a few more details"
I've seen a picture of Rob/Brennan walking a camel across a desert so I'm thinking that Egypt is quite a possibility for the scenes of Frank/Margarita, Joe/Bill, and whomever else we see in that dusty (everything looks made of stone and clay) backdrop. Perhaps the Middle East is also a possibility (Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia?). I also agree that the Kevin/Drew backdrop is most likely some exotic tropical Asian location but I also had a thought that it might be the Caribbeans. Perhaps the course takes a detour to South America & the Caribbeans before it finishes, which would also indicate these guys make it quite far.

Whiz 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-27-01, 04:03 AM (EST)
8. "More Opening Sequence Details"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 04:14 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 04:13 AM (EST)

Guess I'm on the same wavelength as others, and have similar observations, not that the opening can be wholly reliable (as we've seen in past RTV shows). So for my first post I will try to add my thoughts of what we saw to this list. However, as was demonstrated tonight, Hero to Zero is just a Foucault pendulum away. Long live the working mothers!

Paul & Amie (you remember them as the guy that vandalized the Eiffel Tower and the woman who cries every episode AND yells at the locals "How do you live here and not know where that is?) -- Amie is shown in a scene with a torch. As we saw tonight, that is from the next episode when everyone is at the "Coliseum." Nothing shows them advancing further, but that doesn't make them first on the chopping block in my book (see below.)

Festers - As has been pointed out, they are seen in an ocean/sea setting snorkling. This would lead us to believe they last a while -- South Pacific? Australia (Great Barrier Reef?)? Possibly Carribean. (Note: the shorter Fester remains in the boat, Kevin I think, so I would guess that is the road block for that episode with one team member having to dive to retrieve a clue.)

R & B -- The dudes are show in an undistinguishable place. Could be the Coliseum ruins of next episode. Could also be someplace in Egypt or the Middle East. Cannot be sure. P.S. I think there's something going on between these guys.

Angry Man and Sweet Lady (or Frank and Margarita) -- Their two opening scenes show them on a somewhat green hilltop (South France in the end of Episode 3?) and as was pointed out, Frank is shown swimming in an ice hole. They are here for a while. Oh and by the way, she could do a lot better than that jerk.

Grandparents -- Shown in Africa and posing in front of a plane as if turning the prop (their own plane?). Plane scene looks staged and not part of the race. Does not bode well as there is no further evidence they progress further.

M & Em (M being mother as in Nancy and Emily) -- Also looks bad for them as they are only shown posing in front of a tree and hugging after the bungee jumping. No other footage. And am I the only one that in my sleep hears the mother screaming out in that thick accent: "EMM-A-LEE." I'm ashamed to say I can do a pretty good imitation of it.

The "not going to make it" couple unless Lenny is okay with being a whipped husband his whole life ("I am Dis--appointed. Dis--appointed.") aka Lenny and Karyn -- Similar to Rob and Brennan, they are shown in some ruins. Can't determine if that's the same place as for the guys. Somehow it feels more like Egypt. Don't ask me why. It could end up being the ruins in the next episode. They have the most sympathy from me after Lenny's blockhead moves in Paris caused them to go from 5th to almost out of it. I mean how can you resist that single tear running down his cheek ala the crying Native American in the old "Keep America Beautiful" litter commerials.

The "Life Partners" -- Shown someplace that looks like the Middle East walking through some old dwellings (okay, don't sue me if my geography turns out to be bad). Think they also last a little while. Using Karyn's words, they have been the most dis--appointing to me. Have been arrogant, back-stabbing, yes even bitchy. Not setting a good example if you catch my drift, nor demonstrating any redeeming qualities. Along with the teachers, I lost all sympathy for them (though I have to say that blonde-headed Joe is the bad seed here). I want them to lose at this point, badly. Let's not have another Richard Hatch. Amazing how first impressions aren't always right and some groups you felt would be jerks (such as the lawyers) turn out to be good guys and vice versa.

So handicapping the race, it looks to me like the Geezers or M & Em are the next to go in Episode 4. For the heck of it, here are my predictions:

8) M & Em
7) Geezers
6) Paul & Amie
5) Lenny & Karyn
4) R & B (my gut tells me they last, even without video proof)
3) Life Partners
2) Festers

And the winners are:
1) Separate, and not equal -- Frank and Margarita

Thanks for letting me ramble on.

09-27-01, 05:28 AM (EST)
9. "RE: More Opening Sequence Details"
Excellent analysis Whiz !

Just a side note: WADDA GO FRAT BROTHERS ON GETTING FIRST PLACE WHOOOO HOOOOOOO !!

I didn't see the next episode clips, but if it's a museleam of coliseam, that will fit will with the background in most of the teams mentioned that were seen in the ruins. However I also agree that some scenes feel more Egyption than the other one.

The background in the frat brothers intro looks very prominent.
The white coast line... greenish/blue waters.. and that damn Rock island in the background. I remember seeing something like that some where.. Argh can't quite place it. I don't think it's the carribean tho. Asia might be, but Asutralia is most likely.

As for the old couple, that stupid Plane scene looks like it was from preview or pre season show or something. The old dude was a pilot, so that plane was probably just a form of showing off or something. I don't think they'll make the teams fly a plane to a location, cause that just aint fair.. Only the old dude is capable of flying himself.

That's it for now, Keep 'em COmming !!

KEV AND DREW KICK ASSS !!!!!

09-27-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
I've grabbed some Caps from the opening to Ep #3, I'll post them in a few minutes...

09-27-01, 12:23 PM (EST)
11. "Vidcaps of Icey Scenes..."
The following images appear AFTER all the teams are introduced. Looks to me like that's Frank in the below? ...and are we sure it's COLD out -- or are you making that assumption based on the prior image?

I think that's a pine tree and snow-covered log cabin on the upper right behind Frank:

A blowup:

Thoughts?

I have more vidcaps to come, unfortunately, these might have been ALOT more helpful to have examined after WEEK 1, since it looks like more of the team's "action" shots have now passed.

-SB

09-27-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Vidcaps of Icey Scenes..."
Good vidcaps !!

yeah, it might have been better to analize the vidcaps after episode 1. But now's better than later.

That water looks really cold ! I think it's a fast forward, I don't think most of the teams will be brave enough to swim in that kinds water.. But then again, I might be wrong.

I still don't know what location that is.. any speculations ??

09-28-01, 00:57 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Vidcaps of Icey Scenes..."
I think the very first clip, with the helichopter view and the sledge pulling looks staged.. probably some intro scene for that leg.

09-27-01, 12:28 PM (EST)
12. "Tean Guido images..."
Unfortunately two bits of bad news -- 1) these are probably the only other caps with possible spoiler value, 2) they seem to indicate Team Guido stays a while longer.

Look at the rounded architecture, I don't think this is the ruins shown in next week's preview -- to me this looks more like something in the Middle East.

09-27-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
13. "Drew & Kevin vidcaps..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

Drew and Kevin images:

...is that another contestant in the top right or bottom right??

-SB

09-27-01, 12:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Drew & Kevin vidcaps..."
Look at the boat driver in the very first vidcap, the black dude in the background with the cap. I think he's like Malaysian or Indonesian or something.

09-27-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
16. "Rob & Brennan caps..."

...can't tell if this is from the upcoming Episode 4 ruins scenes. Have we seen the hat yet?

...wondering if we have seen anything like this yet -- check out the bandana thing on his head, have we seen this yet?

...this isn't some like the type of thing you'd were in a major metro area -- this is more like they are on a long hike to someplace.

09-27-01, 12:48 PM (EST)
17. "Frank and Margarita Vidcaps... more bandanas"

Notice the clothing changes -- long sleeeve versus no sleeeve.

...funny thing is it looks like one is wearing the bandana in one image, the other in the other cap

09-27-01, 11:03 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Frank and Margarita Vidcaps... more bandanas"
>Notice the clothing changes -- long
>sleeeve versus no sleeeve.

Ahhh... is this the "which post is better" debate ?

You mean we have to read another of sleeeve's long posts... why can't they stop!

teragram 4 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-01, 03:19 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Frank and Margarita Vidcaps... more bandanas"
>
>
>

Does anyone know which episode(s) these clips are from?

Thanks

09-27-01, 12:54 PM (EST)
18. "Amie vidcaps..."
This looks like it's from the ruins shown in the previews for Episode 4...

-SB

09-27-01, 12:56 PM (EST)
19. "Lenny/Karyn caps..."
Looks to me like they were from Ep 3...

-SB

09-27-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
20. "Nancy/Emily cap..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

It's not much, but it's the only "action" scene that was shown when their team was introduced. Have we seen this, maybe Ep #1? I don't think that's a Fast Pass...

-SB

09-27-01, 08:42 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Nancy/Emily cap..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Anyone have Ep 1 or 2 on tape? ...I think I had one of them, but must have taped over it. I'd like to confirm that the above Emily/Nancy scene has occurred -- at minimum, have we seen them appear wearing those clothing combinations yet?

Vidcapcentral.net has the following from Ep1 -- those are the right shorts, maybe she Emily took the shirt off as the day heated up?

09-27-01, 10:59 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Nancy/Emily cap..."
This was from Ep1... the platform in the lower right corner of the shot is the one where the bungee jumpers ended... They hugged after the mom finished jumping (and was still so scared she could barely stand).

09-27-01, 01:03 PM (EST)
21. "David / Margaretta vidcap.."
This one's worthless -- this was from Ep 2.

-SB

09-27-01, 06:59 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
What, folks want vidcaps, then no one comments on them?

B U M P !

tonedef 68 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 07:12 PM (EST)
23. "Thanks for the vidcaps!"
After watching last nights episode, and, more importantly, the preview for next week, I'm glad that someone decided to post some images of the opening sequences.

It does definitely appear that the 'travelling through ruins' sequence that is in so many teams entrance theme is the place they visit in the next episode. Given the above evidence, it definitely appears that the following couples are safe from eviction next week:

Frank and Margarita
Kevin and Drew
Team Guido (I am of the common consensus that the ruins they are travelling through are not the ones from next week).

That leaves us with 5 teams up for possible eviction next week. What other evidence is there for who goes?

My early guess is the grandparents, but that is purely based on the lack of face time they're getting infront of the cameras.

09-27-01, 09:10 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Thanks for the vidcaps!"
>the next episode. Given
>the above evidence, it definitely
>appears that the following couples
>are safe from eviction next
>week:
>
>Frank and Margarita
>Kevin and Drew
>Team Guido (I am of the
>common consensus that the ruins
>they are travelling through are
>not the ones from next
>week).

I'm positive Team Guido is shown in some other location in the above caps -- not in the Ep 4 coliseum. The only one I'm not positive on is Frank and Margarita -- that scene might be something that happens in Ep 4 on the way to the coliseum.

Can anyone conclusively place The Lawyers vidcap in a prior episode?

-SB

09-28-01, 00:49 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-01 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

>What, folks want vidcaps, then no
>one comments on them?
>
Hey, I commented on them all above in Post #8 before they were actually added. Not to toot my own horn, but check it out if you have the chance.

P.S. As I handicapped above, M & Em (Nancy and Emily) look to be the next to leave.

09-28-01, 01:05 AM (EST)
30. "Problem with the images..."
We have no idea what order this race occurs in... for all we know, the next clue could be "get on a plane, and make your way to the South China Sea... and after the frat boys do their thing, they could be immediately voted out...

Analyzing in the long run is difficult, however, the previews help... next week is in Greece, I believe, so the following teams are safe:

Frank and Margarita (Separated Parents) - snow
Bill and Joe (Life Partners... aka: Team Guido) - Mid-East???
Drew and Kevin (Frat Bros) - Ocean... Caribbean???

Until we see previews indicating any of these three locations are coming up, we can continue to assume that these teams are safe.

09-28-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
31. "One thing to remember...."
When trying to guess the locations, keep in mind that most likely will be a place with language barriers. As we have already noticed.. like French, and the native African.

Greece is a likely place, and it definately has ruins that look similar to those in the preview clips.

09-28-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
32. "RE: One thing to remember...."
I'm thinking Italy, not Greece. While it is true that we don't know where the next destinations would be, I'm going to assume that there will still be a basic West to East migration around the globe, not a bunch of skipping back and forth. So I think the opening scenes can be taken fairly logically. Only time will tell.

09-28-01, 01:53 AM (EST)
33. "RE: One thing to remember...."
Yeah, I agree with that..
Right now, the trend seems to be vertical Zig Zaging, in a left to right fashion....

09-28-01, 02:00 AM (EST)
34. "Official Site's map"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-01 AT 02:01 AM (EST)

Based on the way that they're adding to the map on the official page, I think that an entire copy of the map exists somewhere... in other words, they place the names of the cities, the episode numbers, and the lines in places where they will not conflict with future additions to the map. (For example, notice how far from the actual path the "episode 3" title is...)

Perhaps we can deduce from this map where they will go next.

Anyone wanna try to edit it to show the line to the next location???

EDIT: Yes, I know it's a bad screencap, but that's the best I could do, since it's flashmedia.

supershirll 91 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 03:26 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Official Site's map"
Make me think they are staying in the European area for now.

Thank you for the vidcaps, they are great!

09-28-01, 07:42 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Official Site's map"
If your arguement holds correct, that the words and lines will not change, then both Greece and Italy are out. Looking at my atlas, both are located where the word "Les Baux" is printed. However, assuming once again that the locations will not change, and that lines will not criss cross each other, a straigh line can be drawn between the words "Paris" and "Les Baux" to Budapest/Hungary, with plenty of room for other lines like "Episode 4" etc. Sorry, I dont have Flash to physically draw the line, perhaps someone can help me do that

This is just a guess, as Budapest is also a location with 1)Language barriers, 2) Lots of Ruins

Comments ??

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-01, 05:11 PM (EST)
44. "I may not be good at spoiling..."
...but I sure as heck can draw pictures!

Here is your map, Kel. I've taken the liberty of adding a line and a pitstop marker to Budapest. Hope it helps.

P.S. Sorry if the line is sucky, this was only a quick Paint Shop Pro job.

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

09-28-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
45. "RE: I may not be good at spoiling..."
Thanks, Surv... I was just about to do this, myself...

If I had to guess, though, I would predict that the city name and Episode number will be put to the upper left of the dot (giving easy access to continue east on the map)... I think that they're close to done with Europe... how many episodes can they do, before they return to less tourist-friendly climates???

The line is perfect

09-28-01, 09:51 PM (EST)
46. "RE: I may not be good at spoiling..."
Thanks for the picture.. good line
Well, that's as good as anyone's guess.

We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 02:42 AM (EST)
35. "Coliseum"
I watched this ep. tonight and heard the word coliseum during these ruin preview shots. I immediately thought The Colosseum in Rome and said, oh, Italy. Are there coliseums in Greece? It's a Latin, i.e. Roman word. Unfortunately I taped over the show already before I saw this, so I can't recheck, but I'm sure I heard that word. Sorry, so many shows premiering, running out of videotapes.

I like the idea of their running around the craziness of Rome--maybe they'll hop on Vespas or something. On my one trip to Italy, the locals' helpfulness and tolerance of tourists who spoke no Italian, French, or German, was, well, ZIP. I was up north of Milan (around Lakes Como/Maggiore)--and my general experience was no English spoken.

I suppose in sophisticated Rome they would likely find English speakers. Too bad, if so, because I want to see them suffer, especially after hearing the way they murdered "Foucault" with every imaginable mispronunciation and their general rudeness. The Parisians who see this show may well be pissed that their own rep for rudeness is slipping. These weird Americans seemed to get polite directions time and again. Or was that just the editing? We'll never know.

09-28-01, 02:50 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Coliseum"
I barely watched the preview, and didn't tape it, cause was taping LC...

If they said Colisseum, that confirms Rome... I didn't know that's what the preview said... I just saw a bunch of people running around a bunch of ancient ruins with torches, and thought Greece.

I've been waiting for them to air the preview again, so that I could watch it more closely.

09-28-01, 03:00 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Coliseum"
The previews said "colisseum ruins." I don't know if this means it is The Colisseum (are there others?)

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 03:26 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Coliseum"
SB, that was my question exactly. I noticed it didn't say The Colosseum, and why wouldn't they if it was the one in Rome?
Any sports arena designed after that style of architecture is technically a coliseum, and there may well have been others for games in other cities of the Roman Empire.

We have a Coliseum here in Oakland of course, recently restored for the Raiders. Now the only thing "ruined" would be the Oakland property owners who are still paying for the budget shortfall on that deal. Sigh.

Karamilke 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 10:07 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Coliseum"
Ok, here goes.

For the last two episodes, they have been asked to look for stuff within the city they were in. Then, they were asked to go somewhere else, this time being Les Baux. So, this time, they should be asked to do something within Les Baux.

Now, this village is pretty old and I went around and looked at web site regarding this city (which was pretty easy cause I'm from quebec and so, my first language is french). From those websites, I've learned that the chateau where they are now, contains a dungeon which could very easily be where they have to use the torches. This village contains a lot ruins so I'm thinking that they will stay they, complete the challenge (or challenges) and then move on to the next country.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and this is somuch more fun than working!

09-28-01, 11:32 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Coliseum"
I just had the same idea also. I was reading about Les Baux at the amazing race website and they mentioned something about ruins, which immediately linked to the passages we see in the preview.

It could very well be within' that city itself..

allaboutme 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Coliseum"
The are ruins of a Roman coliseum in Arles, which seem to pull together everyone's theories. Good spoiling all!

09-28-01, 11:40 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Problem with the images..."
>We have no idea what order
>this race occurs in... for
>all we know, the next
>clue could be "get on
>a plane, and make your
>way to the South China
>Sea... and after the frat
>boys do their thing, they
>could be immediately voted out...

Well, they call it "a race around the world" -- so how about we assume they are progressing roughly eastward and go from there?

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
48. "The Bickersons"

The thing I notice about their into video is it seems to start in NY at night. If you look at itframe by frame you see NYC at night and have all these scenes of cars headlights that are actually ribbons of lights because it night and they left the shutter open.

Now we go to pic of AMI in Eljem. It is dark of course and they again seem to leave the shutter open and we see this long ribbon of light from her torch.

So I am thinking the optical effect in NYC is exactly the same optical effect with Amii.

Could the foreshadow a bickerson's win? Nah can't be can it. In any event I don't think they would have gone to so much work if they were going to leave early.

Xrunner

JoeyGoGo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-01, 04:34 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Let's all analyze the opening sequence from the show"
Hey all!
Just came across this board and topic and thought I'd chime in... As far as the opening goes, good idea, but a little off base... The production costs of this show (pre/post, etc.) are huge... No way would they give away a thing in the opening... They know that VCR's and slow-mo exist... Check out this page for info on the company that designed the opening and how they did it... you'll see that there was a lot of "cut and paste" work done to keep you guys thinking about the next show and who will win, advance, etc...

http://www.designinmotion.com/brief/mainv/0,2108,29671,00.html

Great discussion though... I guess the idea to keep em' guessing worked!

-Later

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •