The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BB6 -- All-Stars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"BB6 -- All-Stars"

It's Confirmed!

We have now recieved confirmation from an inside source that Big Brother 6 WILL BE All-Stars! Expect a new house, new number of HGs, and new twists - but familiar faces!

What this means: It is likely that this will be the last season of Big Brother. Firstly, Arnold Shapiro and Allison Grodner are separating their company so that each heads one division - akin to breaking up entirely. Secondly, they only signed up for a one season contract this time, meaning they don't HAVE to do any more after that, nor does CBS have to ask them back. Thirdly, All Stars is being rushed ahead to season 6 for a reason... and we have to assume that reason is the end.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars KScott 11-15-04 1
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars jowend 04-24-05 30
       RE: BB6 -- All-Stars syren 04-24-05 31
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars syren 11-15-04 2
   Syren!!! HistoryDetective 11-15-04 3
       RE: Syren!!! syren 11-16-04 5
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars okaychatt 01-01-05 13
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars SurvivorBlows 11-16-04 4
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars kary1371 11-17-04 6
       RE: BB6 -- All-Stars syren 11-28-04 7
           RE: BB6 -- All-Stars Loree 11-29-04 8
               RE: BB6 -- All-Stars motormouth 12-01-04 9
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars syren 12-04-04 10
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars Lasann 12-06-04 11
       RE: BB6 -- All-Stars Loree 12-09-04 12
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars Glass 01-05-05 14
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars syren 01-07-05 15
       RE: BB6 -- All-Stars FlamingCactusIT 01-08-05 16
           RE: BB6 -- All-Stars uberspoon 02-26-05 23
           RE: BB6 -- All-Stars iatovttotx78 03-25-05 27
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars Loree 01-20-05 17
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars beaker 01-24-05 18
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars kary1371 01-25-05 19
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars HistoryDetective 01-28-05 20
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars kary1371 01-29-05 21
       RE: BB6 -- All-Stars realtyamazed 02-15-05 22
 Not so fast survivorscott 02-27-05 24
   RE: Not so fast KScott 02-28-05 25
   RE: Not so fast kary1371 02-28-05 26
 RE: BB6 -- All-Stars CharlieGarbage 03-29-05 28
   RE: BB6 -- All-Stars kary1371 03-31-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
1. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Can't wait, this otta be good...

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

jowend 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
30. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
If this is an all star then why are they advertising for house guests on TV for BB6

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
31. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
It was originally going to be All Stars, however from my understanding they could not get enough of the HG's to return. There is more info about it on BB6BBQ

11-15-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
2. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Wow thanks for the info. I wonder whois going to be the ones who will be selected as All-Stars...

I hate that this might be the end....I look forward to BB almost as much as I d survivor...

Thanks again for this find...

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
3. "Syren!!!"
I don't see you around much any more. Good that you popped in. I hope all is well. I can't wait for BB6 if it means that you will grace us with your presence more often.

11-16-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Syren!!!"
Hey, Hdet....how was the visit with your parents?? Hope it went well.
I have not been on too much lately, well been lurking alot. It is the end of the semester and all of my professors have decided to pour everything on us at once.
Hope all is well.
Of course I will be here for BB6...couldn't keep myself away.

On top of school, my "boyfriend" and I recently broke up...lurking to smile...did not want to post, afraid all that pent up aggression would seep out.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-01-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
13. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
<I wonder whois going to be the ones who will be selected as All-Stars...

I have to wonder that anyone having gone through BB once would volunteer to do it again. Masochism must be a qualifying trait.

I'll be watching, though.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
4. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-04 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

There are several inaccuracies in this report that make me skeptical of the accuracy of its main information.

For starters, according to Daily Variety (which is historically extremely reliable about these things), CBS still holds option for Shapiro/Grodner to produce TWO more Big brother seasons, not one.

Secondly, Arnold and Alison aren't "separating their company so that each heads one division" -- it's not "akin to breaking up entirely" -- it's a genuine breakup where they each incorporated new companies and will basically not be taking on any new joint projects as their current commitments (which include Big Brother, Showtime's Family Business, Bravo's Blow Out, and UPN's upcoming Missy Elliot show) expire. Alison is over 20 years younger than Arnold (who's been in the business more than 30 years) and from reading between the lines of their public comments in a Variety story on their breakup, apparently Arnold is at the point where he wants to start slowing down -- thus the partnership change.

Thirdly, CBS produced Big Brother before Shapiro/Grodner ever came along (albeit disastrously) and can continue to produce it for as long as it wants -- like Mark Burnett (who did hold the American rights to Survivor at one point but later sold them to CBS as part of one of his contract extensions) my understanding is that Shapiro/Grodner are basically just doing work-for-hire at this point. Endemol, the Dutch reality TV powerhouse, created the concept and licensed it to CBS, not Shapiro/Grodner -- Shapiro/Grodner was only brought in to produce the series after its initial disappointing Summer 2000 season that was produced by Paul Romer and Doug Ross (who's been doing shows like Fear Factor, Boy Meets Boy, Bands Reunited, House Rules, King Of The Jungle, He's A Lady, and The Mansion lately. On the other hand, from what I can tell, Romer was never heard from again.) Big Brother has proven to be extremely successful for CBS in recent summers -- if and when it ends, it's going to be because CBS executives like Les Moonves want it to end, not because Alison and Arnold don't want to do it anymore -- if they don't want to do it, CBS will simply find someone else to carry on the show without them (something that happens rather frequently in Hollywood.)

Fourthly, off the record and even increasingly on the record, production insiders keep talking about what a miserable experience Survivor: All-Stars was and how they have no interest in ever doing another All-Star edition of the show (Jeff Probst even ripped it in his pre-Survivor 9 conference call). Plus it only gave the series a modest ratings lift, so it's difficult to envision CBS deciding to do another All-Star reality show so quickly, particularly given that the ratings for this summer's Big Brother edition showed no signs of waning.

Lastly, exactly what does "All Stars is being rushed ahead to season 6 for a reason... and we have to assume that reason is the end" mean??? Where is it being "rushed" from? 2006? The wishful-thinking minds of desperate Hollywood-hungry former Big Brother contestants who are looking for anything that will allow them to avoid going back to their previous anonymous lives? And even if there is an All-Stars edition in 2005, why would that have to mark the end of the series? Did Survivor end after last spring's Survivor: All-Stars?

I hope this report is based on more than simple speculation caused by the fact that CBS tore down the Big Brother house after Big Brother 5 wrapped and is replacing it with a new two-story structure -- that "house" had been around for five years and was more than due to be replaced. The bottom line is that the "house" was nothing more than a production set, and you can change the furniture and paint the walls all you want, but it was still an aging 5-year-old set -- which is a lifetime in Hollywood... my local CBS station even redesigns the set of its newscasts more frequently than that.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-17-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
6. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Thanks for all the info!

I am glad to hear they are building a new set for the show... hopefully that means a few more summers of Big Brother!

11-28-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
7. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-04 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

Here is a link to an interview with Nathan. He says that the original "house" was tore down and the new one is two stories.

http://www.thefishbowl.com/fishbowl/Article377.html
And here is a link to Karens drawings of the houseguests from BB5, I have to say that the twins is my favorite. They are so funny.
http://www.kongart.com/bb5.html#cowboy

I am so ready for another dose of BB, I am hoping though that this is not the "end".

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
When I think of players to have back for an All-Stars. Nathan is not one of the people I think of.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-01-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
9. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
I totally agree with you on that! Nathan who?

*Courtesy of IceCat*

12-04-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
More infor on BB6, all stars and Diane and Scott living together is here... http://www.realitynewslive.com/index2.php
Scotts interview is the second link down.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-06-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
11. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
I think he's delusional - anyone agree?

!

12-09-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Maybe he wore the mandana too tight?

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-05-05, 02:29 AM (EST)
14. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Wow, Oncebitten, that's pretty awesome!
Typing from work right now so I didn't get to check the link, but I definitely hope you're right. I'm a little skeptical myself though, seems like a lot to ask for.

Shout out to HDet and Syren... had to dump the Internet at home and I'm not able to get on the boards, but I miss you guys and I wouldn't miss another year on the boards for anything!

-Glass.

01-07-05, 07:39 AM (EST)
15. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Hey Glass, been wondering what happened to you. I am not on here to much anymore, but anxiously waiting for BB, and hoping that it is All-Stars.

Are you online at home now, or just from work?

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-08-05, 10:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Anyone want to make a guess on who'll show up? More Contestants (16)?

Monica (BB2)
Nicole (BB2)
Dr. Will (BB2)
Amy (BB3)
Roddy (BB3)
Marcellas (BB3)
Jason (BB3)
Danielle (BB3)
Lisa (BB3)
Erika (BB4)
Allison (BB4)
Jun (BB4)
Jase (BB5) (Pukes on Floor)
Marvin (BB5)
Cowboy (BB5)
Drew (BB5)

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
23. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
I dig your picks.
I think the only change I would make personally, would be to drop Roddy or Jase and add in Nakomis. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the twins popping up again, either.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-25-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
27. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
If they do do it then they have to have the Evil Dr. Back on. He's to BB as Rich was to Survivor!

Contradictions don't exist. When faced with a contradiction, check you're premises, one of them is wrong!

01-20-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
17. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
The last I have heard they are going to do auditions again for this season. Seems most of the former players they wanted for All Stars are not too crazy about returning. So there might not be an All Stars.

beaker 107 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Does anyone know when the new season will start?

01-25-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
It usually starts early July.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
20. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
Please, please, please do not let Romber participate in this program! Let's keep at least one CBS reality show Romber-free!

a sig by syren
Donald Trump puts the ass in class.

01-29-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
21. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
LOL

realtyamazed 189 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
22. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
I hope they do have an all star this season and bring back the biggest troublemakers from all the previous shows.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
24. "Not so fast"
application for this summers big brother have reappeared on the CBS site

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Not so fast"
Yeah, I read on another site that this was Not going to be the all-star show..

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

02-28-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Not so fast"
That would be it.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother_application/

Subject closed for this year!

The big highlight of this? I know for sure I won't have to suffer to see Jase and Allison all summer again! There is something to be said for that! Though they will find somebody else for us to hate! Until then, we'll have to watch Lamber on TAR starting tonight!

CharlieGarbage 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
28. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
If that is true, why are they holding soo many auditions in soo many cities. It doesn't make sense.

I'm thinking of auditioning. Would I be wasting my time???

I only watched the show last year, so an allstar show won't mean much to me.

03-31-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
29. "RE: BB6 -- All-Stars"
I agree with you, why would they?

I don't think it's going to be an allstars this year anyway...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •