The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"uploading files"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-07, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

I need to rewrite my question regarding uploading. First can I up load pictures (provided I have them sized correctly) that I have saved in the "my Pictures" file found in "My computer"?
Second I have tried to do this and one of two things always happens. If I try and type in the file name where it says browse, and then upload, Nothing happens at all! If I go to my pictures an select a picture and scroll down to upload, I get the message to contact the adminastrator and to define the file type and the name of file. Here's where I may be messing up. because the picture is Jpeg as click that for kind of file. For file name I type in the name of the file that comes up with the picture(for example 400px-Duke_Blue_Devils.jpeg). I know I must seem lame, but can anyone help? Ps. thank you Snidget and my exmaple was for you(Duke)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 1
   RE: uploading files agman 03-11-07 36
 RE: uploading files arkiegrl 03-10-07 2
   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 3
   RE: uploading files agman 03-11-07 34
 RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 4
   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 5
       RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 6
           RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 7
               RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 8
                   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 9
                       RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 10
                           RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 11
                               RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 12
                                   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 13
                                       RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 14
                                           RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 15
                                               RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 16
                                                   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 17
                                                       RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 18
                                                           RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 19
                                                               RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 20
                                                                   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 21
                                                                       RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 22
                                                                           RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 23
                                                                               RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 24
                                                                                   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 25
                                                                                       RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 26
                                                                                       RE: uploading files syren 03-13-07 37
 RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 27
   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 28
       RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 29
           RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 31
               RE: uploading files Snidget 03-10-07 32
                   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 33
                       RE: uploading files syren 03-13-07 38
   RE: uploading files agman 03-10-07 30
       RE: uploading files agman 03-11-07 35
           RE: uploading files syren 03-13-07 39
 RE: uploading files callalilly1967 03-05-09 40
   RE: uploading files Snidget 03-05-09 41
       RE: uploading files callalilly1967 03-05-09 43
   RE: uploading files jbug 03-05-09 42
       RE: uploading files callalilly1967 03-05-09 44
           RE: uploading files jbug 03-05-09 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-07, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 06:14 AM (EST)

That's odd, I don't think I've had that after clicking the upload button.

Usually I get something back after clicking that button, an error message or something, not the same box back.

I wonder if it's a java problem or something that isn't letting the button work right?

You are clicking the button for Upload file in the pop up window, right? (scroll down if you don't see it, it is at the bottom of the pop up window) and not going back to the main page and clicking the words "Click here to upload file", right?

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" Tom Lehrer

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-11-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: uploading files"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07
>AT 06:14 AM (EST)

>
>That's odd, I don't think I've
>had that after clicking the
>upload button.
>
>Usually I get something back after
>clicking that button, an error
>message or something, not the
>same box back.
>
>I wonder if it's a java
>problem or something that isn't
>letting the button work right?
>
>
>You are clicking the button for
>Upload file in the pop
>up window, right? (scroll down
>if you don't see it,
>it is at the bottom
>of the pop up window)
>and not going back to
>the main page and clicking
>the words "Click here to
>upload file", right?
>
>
>"I know that there are people
>who do not love their
>fellow man, and I hate
>people like that!" Tom Lehrer
>

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-07, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: uploading files"
After you "click here to upload your file", Click the type of file - in this case, Jpeg picture, then click the "browse" button. Find your picture, click open, and then scroll down and click "upload file". Unless the file is too large (and then you'll get an error message), you should get a message that says "File was successfully uploaded to remote server. The URL of this file is
h ttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/45f2c9873d32c85b.jpg ". Then just copy the URL, and paste it into your message (if it's a sig pic, you may want to save it in your profile).

Hope this helps.

03-10-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
3. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

I followed your instructions to the letter and once again I got the wonderful error message. I then compressed the picture using microsoft office picture manager to 50X28 pixels and it still gave me the error messaage. Anyone see any glaring mistakes I might be making.( it wouldn't surprise me at all )

By the way, It hasn't worked yet, but thank you Snidget and Arkiegrl for your suggestions

03-11-07, 11:55 AM (EST)
34. "RE: uploading files"
>After you "click here to upload
>your file", Click the type
>of file - in this
>case, Jpeg picture, then click
>the "browse" button. Find
>your picture, click open, and
>then scroll down and click
>"upload file". Unless the
>file is too large (and
>then you'll get an error
>message), you should get a
>message that says "File was
>successfully uploaded to remote server.
>The URL of this file
>is
". Then just
>copy the URL, and paste
>it into your message (if
>it's a sig pic, you
>may want to save it
>in your profile).
>
>Hope this helps.

h ttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/user_files/452c987d32c85b.jpg

03-10-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

Replying to edited question.

Usually my jpeg files end in jpg, not jpeg. That may be the problem. Some things really care how the file extension is added. (I let the program add the file extension rather than add myself. you might be getting something like .jpeg.jpg which might confuse things)

I never type in the file name, I always use the browse option and let the computer put in the full file address which looks like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\DOOKSVCKS.jpg

I think it needs all that info for the file.

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" Tom Lehrer

03-10-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: uploading files"
Sorry I made a mistake in my message. My jpeg files DO end in jpg! I also have stopped typing in the file name and letting the browser do it. I get the same error message. I'm still messing with it right now but once again, thank you very much for your suggestions. I think my computer and I are trying to see who will blink first!

03-10-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: uploading files"
I've not used the office picture manager for my files, so I don't know if it does something weird to them.

You might try opening it in the progame in Accessories called "Paint" and saving it as a .gif or .jpg out of that with a new name that might strip any stuff the Office program sticks on it.

Also check if your browser can open the file. They should open plain old .jpg files.

03-10-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

snidget, I'm going to try it in paint, but just out of curiosity, what size do you put there for pixels when it shows you the size of the picture? I believe the picture I testing with is now 300X240. I did just change it to hight 60 and width 500 now most of the picture is not even in the box of that size!

03-10-07, 02:26 PM (EST)
8. "RE: uploading files"
Use Stretch/Skew not Attributes.

The skew goes by % change but shrinks/grows the whole thing. Attributes just chops it off at however many pixels over and down.

03-10-07, 03:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

You're right, skew works much better, but I still seem to have the picture too big. It looked the right size. Do you happen to know off hand exactly what size a picture should be either in pixels(which seems difficult to get correct) or in kB?
My picture is now 7.98 KB and 312X132 Pixels. Thank you for spending so much time with me on this.
Looks like NC is going to beat Boston college!

03-10-07, 03:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

For a sig pic the maximum height is 60 pixels. The guidelines (link at the top of each page in the Please Note section) says 20KB

I've not had much in the way of KB issues with the non-animated sigpics I've done. Sometimes the animated ones go over size.

Paint isn't so good for getting the size down (as you have to play with the % to shrink it), but some of the photo utilities don't change the real size of the file. The ones that came for free with my camera do, and I can specify the pixels, but I know some people find the programs they have only change the size on the screen.

03-10-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
11. "RE: uploading files"
It doesn't seem to matter what I try, I still get the message Posting Error see your administrator!. I check jpg first, I then go to browse and choose a picture, I think the picture is the right size, then i scroll down to upload and Boom, same message. Is there an administrator to contact(like the message says) who could help? I feel completely stupid right now

03-10-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
12. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

On the main page there are all the moderators. Survivorblows aka Webby runs the site.

If you want I can PM you with my email address and you could send me the picture and I could see if I can make it work.

or if you found it on the web somewhere post the link.

03-10-07, 04:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: uploading files"
That would be great! If you are able to get it to work, can you let me know how you did it? Once again thank you for everything.

03-10-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: uploading files"
Sending you a PM as soon as I get this posted.

03-10-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
15. "RE: uploading files"
I was just wondering if the picture got to you okay. thanks

03-10-07, 07:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Stoopid spam filter flagged them. I have them now.

03-10-07, 07:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: uploading files"
You did give me the correct address and in case I typed it in incorrectly, I've sent it again. thanks

03-10-07, 07:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: uploading files"
Here is the pic alone and with your screen name. I can do it it a different font. I kinda like the stars.

http://simplythebest.net/fonts/ is where I got the font, they have a bunch.

03-10-07, 07:49 PM (EST)
19. "RE: uploading files"
I have to say that that was the best preformance of the evening. Your'e definitely going to the finals
And by the way....How did you do that?????

03-10-07, 07:54 PM (EST)
20. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

I opened the picture in the Finepix program that let me resize to 60 pixels tall.

Saved as a .jpg.

For the name I opened it in Paint and then used attributes to make it longer then used the text tool to add the text. About the only fancy thing I did was a used the eyedropper on Simon's shirt so the font color matches.

I don't know why they uploaded from me. Sometimes it's a java thing or some other setting that has to be right for the upload to go, but it's always worked for me. Usually I'm better at troubleshooting something that happened to me.

What is odd is it uploaded the picture you sent fine.

It's just too big for a sigpic.

03-10-07, 08:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: uploading files"
Well, get ready for this......it still won't upload for me. I saved it to my pictures. do you think I should save it somewhere else? You Did such a great job that I want to use it. Well whatever happens thanks your'e the greatest

03-10-07, 08:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: uploading files"
They are already uploaded to the site.

All you have to do is hit reply with quote and copy the URL.

03-10-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
23. "RE: uploading files"
are you talking about URL h ttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/user_files/452c9873d32c85b.jpg ?

03-10-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
24. "RE: uploading files"
Yep, just post it without the space and it should post the picture.

03-10-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
25. "RE: uploading files"
>Yep, just post it without the
>space and it should post
>the picture.
>
>
>
>who do not love their
>fellow man, and I hate
>

03-10-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
26. "RE: uploading files"
I think the picture somehow got lost in transit, at least the red x is there so I know it tried. Just to make sure, I hit reply with quote, IRL address, post and then it should be there?

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: uploading files"
The red box is happening because you are not choosing the right format when it asks. Make sure you click jpg. Also, you are getting that error message because it is too big, this happens a lot with that office program, and paint because paint saves as bitmap as default. Use a different program and resize it down to below 20.

What?

03-10-07, 08:29 PM (EST)
27. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 08:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 08:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

Heading back the margin

I have no idea where things went wrong?!?!?

Don't reupload, use the URL's just as they are in my post

The red x is

/user_files/45f2c9873d32c85b.jpg

is /user_files/45f335046b6f6b53.jpg

Try right clicking the picture you want and copy and paste the URL from properties. Just make sure they are the same.

03-10-07, 08:38 PM (EST)
28. "RE: uploading files"
so when I want to use the picture, should I just hit reply with quote then either type in or paste(easier) the the url under the picture since they match?

03-10-07, 08:48 PM (EST)
29. "RE: uploading files"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

Usually what I do once I have it the way I want is copy the URL of the picture I want and then paste it into the place in the profile for the signature (so I only have to get it in right one time).

I have a file on my puter with all my sigs and I rotate in which ones I'm in the mood for (some are for holiday seasons).

But as long as you copy the right URL it should work.

The Preview button is good for making sure I got it right, so that way it doesn't go live until I know it works.

03-10-07, 09:08 PM (EST)
31. "RE: uploading files"
WHere is the profile of the signature? I don't understand why this isn't working. when I try and type in the URL for the picture I get nothing. typing in the other URL gets me the X(i guess that means broken picture) I feel like I'm so close!

03-10-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
32. "RE: uploading files"
That is only if you don't want to paste it in each time.

Go to the main page with all the forums listed and click User in the icons at the top. In there you click around and you get to the profile page where you can put in text and URL's that will just be there each and every time you go to post.

03-10-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
33. "RE: uploading files"
Unfortunately the manager has disabled that page

03-13-07, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: uploading files"
Send survivorblows a message and he will fix that.

What?

03-10-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
30. "RE: uploading files"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07
>AT 08:31 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07
>AT 08:31 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 03-10-07
>AT 08:30 PM (EST)

>
>Heading back the margin
>
>I have no idea where things
>went wrong?!?!?
>
>Don't reupload, use the URL's just
>as they are in my
>post
>
>The red x is
>
>
>/user_files/45f2c9873d32c85b.jpg
>
>
>
>
>is /user_files/45f335046b6f6b53.jpg
>
>Try right clicking the picture you
>want and copy and paste
>the URL from properties.
>Just make sure they are
>the same.
>
>
>
>who do not love their
>fellow man, and I hate
>

/user_files/45f335046b6f6b53.jpg

03-11-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
35. "RE: uploading files"
Snidget, If you happen to read this(I'm sure your'e sick of it by now,) but I have to tell you. I tried to upload the picture one more time the way you told me the first time.(using URL community.realitytvworld etc) I did as practice to reply to someone else's suggestion(Arkiegrl I think) when I did it I got Glow's picture!!!!!I posted it in case you wanted to see it.
You may have given up by now(I wouldn't blame you) but maybe this will give you some insight. have a great day And thank you so much for all the time you spent helping me yesterday. That went beyond the call of duty

03-13-07, 00:43 AM (EST)
39. "RE: uploading files"
When you reply with quote, take all the text out that you do not need, including their sig, that url will have user files in the name somewhere.

Don't type in the url, browse and select the picture from your computer. If it is too big, you will get that error message. If you have chosen the wrong format, you will get a x.

Click here to upload your file.
Click the proper format. Default is HTML, choose JPG if that is the file format.
Click browse. Do not type in the file name, one letter/number will throw it off. Choose the picture you want and click upload.

Once you have hit upload you will get a message that says ... Reality TV World Message Board Forums

File was successfully uploaded to remote server. The URL of this file is
and under the is is the file, copy all of it including the http://
You do not need to type in community.realitytvworld. etc. again.

The two mistakes it seems are being made is choosing the correct file type and the size. This is in pixels so you need or should use something other than that office program, as it makes things big.

Hope that helps a little bit.

What?

callalilly1967 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-09, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly1967 Click to send private message to callalilly1967 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: uploading files"
Hi.... I tried to upload a pic to one of my first to posts. I went to "click here to upload file" and copied, then paste.

Thepic didn't show up just the link. I am not very computer literate. Just wondering what I might have done wrong.

I hope this is the right place to ask.... didn't want to start a new thread for something so simple.

Thank you

03-05-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
41. "RE: uploading files"
I would use browse to make sure you get the whole path from where it is on your computer (if it is from the web you will have to download to your computer first).

Make sure you click the jpeg or gif so it matches as well.

03-05-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly1967 Click to send private message to callalilly1967 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: uploading files"
Thank you... I am going to give that I try here.

OK... I did it.... Thanks again for your help.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-09, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: uploading files"
Snidge has answers; she is the resident 'best help' peep!

I have no help to offer. I? just wanted to say I'm impressed you chose & bumped a thread already on the subject!
&? you are a newbie? wow!

03-05-09, 10:16 AM (EST)
44. "RE: uploading files"
I must confess. I am a "lurker". Have been lurking around for months, just never posted. So, I have a little bit of an idea how things work around here.

Thank you though!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-09, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: uploading files"
Jump in! We'll have loads of fun!
(I saw you over in the AI forum )

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •