The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Something wierd"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-09-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Something wierd"
has been happening to my signature. here's a link to a discussion of the problem on OT, as well as various solutions that have been offered, but have not worked. Any ideas?

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/10331.shtml

my latest idea is that when my signature is automatically transfered into a message I'm posting, hard returns are inserted at the end of every line, whether I want them there or not. Please help me solve this! It's driving me crazy!
___
GM
imagine a
JSlice masterpiece here, if only the frikkin
computer were working

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Something wierd SurvivorBlows 01-16-04 1
   RE: Something wierd GrendelsMom 01-17-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Something wierd"
I have no idea what's happening... all I can think it you have some strange browser/computer configuration.

What happens when you try entering the same text into a textbox on any other webpage on any other site -- say like a webmail account (one of those without a built-in fancy HTML editor)

Do the breaks occur there as well?

-SB

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-17-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Something wierd"
I've tried different sites, different computers, different texts. Everything seems to work, except when a text is transferred from my profile into my message box (and sometimes when my message is posted, the information is scrambled, but this is rarer.) If you can't fix it or find the problem, should I try creating a new account? (I know I'd lose my DAWs, but I can live with that.) Right now, to get my signature to work, I have to edit it manually each time, which is getting to be a pain.

Thanks again for looking into this for me.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •