The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR3 kicks ass!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

tich 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR3 kicks ass!"
Episode 9 of TAR3 is probably the best episode of Reality TV ever! The editors deserve a big fat emmy for that one; the unleaded vs deisel fuel segement was the most beautifully edited segment in TV history. Thank you editors - you rock!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR3 kicks ass! SeaVisionBurma 10-31-02 1
   RE: TAR3 kicks ass! managerr 10-31-02 2
   RE: TAR3 kicks ass! tich 10-31-02 3
 RE: TAR3 kicks ass! L82LIFE 11-01-02 4
 RE: TAR3 kicks ass! mikey 11-04-02 5
   RE: TAR3 kicks ass! VA Slim 11-04-02 6
       RE: TAR3 kicks ass! Esbea 11-04-02 7
           RE: TAR3 kicks ass! VA Slim 11-04-02 8
               RE: TAR3 kicks ass! Esbea 11-04-02 9
       RE: TAR3 kicks ass! PepeLePew13 11-06-02 11
 RE: TAR3 kicks ass! katem 11-06-02 10
 RE: TAR3 kicks ass! Cole 11-11-02 12
   RE: TAR3 kicks ass! AMAI 11-11-02 13
 RE: TAR3 kicks ass! roxiefoxy 11-18-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-31-02, 08:26 AM (EST)
1. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
Errr, Episode ??9??

Yes it was good - although I wonder where they come up with their interesting music, this time a kind of subtle "un"foreboding melody which popped up every time one of the teams filled their car with the wrong juice.

Ken and Gerard were exceptionally good this episode, and I found solid amusement at the extent of Flo's powerful Boo-Hooing.

As for Team 911, Aarionne, and Ian, I'm sure we'll see them over in Bashers with Flozach...

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-31-02, 10:19 AM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
Last leg sucked, the Producers totally made up for it this time. It required teams to use thinking, skill, and they were put into situations where we saw the true characters of a lot of teams.

tich 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
>Errr, Episode ??9??
>
OOOOPS!! looked at the wrong chart!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
I agree, tich. Through the whole gas fiasco, Mr. L8 and I were rolling with laughter, it kept getting better and better. I felt like I was watching a Keystone Cops episode.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
I agree it was one of the best ever, and beautifully edited. (I am torn between this and S4's "I need someone who can pee" episode and S2's flood of the camp episode)

I wonder how much of it was intentional on the producer's part? Were it not for the gas incident, perhaps everyone ends up on the first ferry in the morning, notwithstanding everything that happened previously. I would hate for that to happen every week. The producers should note that they had a great episode in which the race for last place was not even close.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-04-02, 03:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
I believe that the producers knew exactly what they were doing with the gas situation. Yes the vehicles were SUV's but the distance to the ferry was something like 250 miles (I remember hearing Phil's voice over but can't remember the exact mileage). I know SUV's don't get great mileage (but diesels do better than gas!) but surely they can make 250 miles without a fillup. Thus the tanks were less than full when they were picked up, forcing all of the racers to stop for more fuel. I'm sure the producers were surprised that half the teams made the mistake between gasoline and diesel but I bet they were hoping that at least 1 racer would make that mistake!

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 04:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
Its closer to 400 miles from Cabo de Roca to Algeciras, and most likely would be about an 8 hr drive with minimal stops. From the look of the scenery & road signs, it appears that most stopped between Jerez and Terifa.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 07:39 PM (EST)
8. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
Now that I look at a map, I agree that the distance is closer to 400 miles. But I swear that Phil said 200-something during the show! Thinking about Phil's concept of distance reminds me that when they were in the UK, Phil said the distance from Cambridge to Aberdeen was 350 miles, when in fact it is closer to 500! Thanks for getting me "squared away",but it sure spoils the evil machinations going through my mind!

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
9. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
Nah...I think your machinations are probably valid. They had a choice of vehicles Im sure...the diesel WAS a stroke of genius!

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
11. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
>I believe that the producers knew
>exactly what they were doing
>with the gas situation.

I'm in agreement that the producers intentionally put only a little bit of gas in each car - but I don't think they honestly expected such a mass misunderstanding over diesel/unleaded.

No, I think they were actually hoping for some of these idiots to go past the gas station thinking they could go further, but run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. That didn't happen, but the unintentional (IMO) result was that 4 teams screwed up totally on the diesel, making for an even better episode than they dared to hope for.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-06-02, 01:15 AM (EST)
10. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
You mean episode five, don't you?

As for the quality of the ep. Yes, it was really good, but I would not go as far as saying BEST. EPISODE. EVER

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
This was a great episode, the best so far of season 3. I'm not sure if the filling up the gas mistakes were intentionally planned by the producers... this wasn't the first time teams have had to fill up the gas. In TAR2 I remember Wil's breakdown at a gas station ("I quit!") and I think those campers probably had to be filled up as well. However, it was probably the first time with diesel cars. Either that or everyone this year is stupid.

I have always wondered why Phil makes a point to tell us "teams must choose one of these marked cars". Aren't they all the same? I would love it if some cars were crappier than others. Like the air conditioning doesn't work, or it makes an annoying noise, or can't go over 45 miles per hour, etc. It would add even more randomness and increase the freakout factor.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-11-02, 08:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-02 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-11-02 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

By not pointing it out explicitly in the clue, instead leaving muted instructions in place (i.e., the signage of the type of fuel needed on the inside of the fuel tank cover). Turned out to be more than enough to set the stage for it. To that extent the opportunity for somebody to yuck-up was planted by the producers. I expect they were surprised leaning toward shocked that half the teams made the mistake.

All these teams are turning out to be stupid in some way or another, but not all at the same time, which is fortunate I guess. Could you imagine all the teams arriving together at the Mat - You're Teams No. 7 - I'm sorry but you've ALL been eliminated from the Race. You're all weak links. Goodbye.

show over.

Would you just keel over laughing?
Or would that depend on whether next week, we get a brand new set of racers HAHA.

roxiefoxy 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 05:13 AM (EST)
14. "RE: TAR3 kicks ass!"
well we haven't seen the rest of the episodes right? so i can't really say that it's the best yet..

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •