The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Havard Law Girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-23-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Havard Law Girls"
Well, guess this shows that all should read clues carefully or you too can be eliminated.

For such smart girls, they forgot to think.

I will miss their antics though.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Havard Law Girls GeorgiaBelle 10-24-02 1
 RE: Havard Law Girls curveball 10-24-02 2
 RE: Havard Law Girls Efjendar 10-24-02 3
 RE: Havard Law Girls Neobie 10-24-02 4
   RE: Havard Law Girls TAR Junkie 10-25-02 19
 Heave Ho! trigirl 10-24-02 5
   RE: Heave Ho! Q 10-24-02 8
   RE: Heave Ho! Esbea 10-24-02 10
 RE: Havard Law Girls love2smile 10-24-02 6
 RE: Havard Law Girls VA Slim 10-24-02 7
   RE: Havard Law Girls GeorgiaBelle 10-24-02 9
 RE: Havard Law Girls Survivorchick 10-24-02 11
   RE: Havard Law Girls managerr 10-24-02 12
 RE: Havard Law Girls perfecone 10-24-02 13
   RE: Havard Law Girls Cole 10-24-02 14
       RE: Havard Law Girls Esbea 10-24-02 15
       RE: Havard Law Girls dajaki 10-25-02 22
 RE: Havard Law Girls SaphireLady 10-24-02 16
   RE: Havard Law Girls buckeyegirl 10-24-02 17
   RE: Havard Law Girls Esbea 10-25-02 20
       RE: Havard Law Girls siamcat8 10-25-02 21
 RE: Havard Law Girls Artemis 10-25-02 18
 Some very valid points SaphireLady 10-26-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-02, 00:43 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 00:46 AM (EST)

Edited to be nicer.

I can not believe those two even talked about the clue!

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-02, 01:03 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
"Your Honor, my client could not possibly be guilty of hit and run. He was in his car the whole time."

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-02, 01:54 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
Harvard Law!! For Pete's sakes, they should have known better!

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-02, 05:16 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
Maybe this is all because they're lawyers!

Well being a lawyer you're supposed to look for loopholes right? The clue was full of it, so maybe that's why they used the loophole to... walk out.

Well, clever, but sadly CBS doesn't appreciate that.

TAR Junkie 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-02, 08:28 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
It all depends on what the defination of 'is' is .... oops! I mean what the defination of 'walk' is. They'll make real good lawyers or even presidential candidates! LOL

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-24-02, 08:10 AM (EST)
5. "Heave Ho!"
I will not miss Eve because she is the whinyest competitor ever. She makes Peach look like an Eco-chanllenger. Heather, however had what it takes in this race and I will miss her. She almost pulled it off when whe told the cabbie to go back...but Eve (the bright one) said "oh the clue just means walk into the fortress"....yeah right!

And a big Heave ho for you!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 09:39 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Heave Ho!"
Trigirl,

Totally agree about Heather. I liked her a lot. Eve I can pass on. Heather remained calm in the truck and did her best not to scream at eve. She helped with the shifting and kept her cool.

I think they just did not read the clue in time, due to the mad dash of all castmembers out of the soccer field. See it shows that a minute of thinking can go a loooooong way.

I was also laughing at eve when she was like, Heather I crashed the car. Heather was like...

Yeah, So, Its OK. and I was agreeing again with Heather, Its not your car, what do you care? No one was Hurt (than G-D) and the vehicle still moves so I thought it was funny.

Later all,

D.R.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-02, 11:06 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Heave Ho!"
Heather was the more competitive of the two...HOWEVER....Heather is the one who said "I think it means we just have to walk into it", AND she was stupid enough to let Eve drive the truck when it was obvious that Eve had no clue. Heather was telling her how to do it, so she must have known how to drive a stick. It was totally dishonest at the end when she said that they "misread" the clue. It was obvious that they knew they should have walked, but felt that they were far enough behind that they needed to "misunderstand" to make up the time. And I think the "pressure" argument is BS. "Walk" means WALK. If the clue had said "take a train" to the pit stop, they wouldnt have made the same rationalization.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 08:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
Or they need to make sure that they use a brain that works. Both of them drove me up the wall!

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-02, 08:55 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
I posted this in part of another thread in the Basher's Forum but it is probably more appropriate here:

I couldn't believe that the girls, when they realized their mistake in the taxi, rationalized that they could continue in the taxi and just walk into the checkpoint. Maybe they were exhausted and not thinking clearly, but that was the dumbest move yet in all of the races! In TAR1 and 2, the penalties resulted from racers not realizing their mistake (or giving up as Momily did). Whenever a mistake was found, the racers went back to retrace their steps. That being said, Guns N' Hoses were fortunaate that the manager of the cafe where they were to deliver the Port last refused to sign the chit - otherwise I think that they would have missed that part of the instruction entirely!

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
Good point. Andre and Damon are very fortunate. Wonder if everyone will start to read the clues a bit better now?

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-24-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
Never assume that just because someone went to an Ivy league school that they are smart...

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-24-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
<<Never assume that just because someone went to an Ivy league school that they are smart...>>

Ditto, especially for *post* graduate work. Although Harvard Law School has an awesoe reputation from what I hear though.

Although smart people do not necessarily make great racers. Different kind of intelligence. Chris and Alex don't strike me as the book smart type. (Wicked smart maybe though!)

perfecone 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 03:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
oh its ok. we can drive to the checkpoint and then walk in to the checkpoint. thats wwhat walk to the checkpoint means......as if at all the other checkpoints people are driven to the mat by a cab. come on and stop sharing a brain.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
To be fair, perhaps they thought it meant "walk" to the pitstop, as in "don't run". I thought Jill said they couldn't run, so she seems to have interpreted the clue as "walk don't run" as well.

10-24-02, 06:14 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
like I said in another post...they didnt have any problem with the clue when it said "walk to Stonehaven Harbor"

THE dumbest excuse ever....(wide eyes) "we didnt know what "walk" meant". They dont even teach that at the Guido School of Travel, as its beneath them.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
On the CBS site, the explanation to the rule is that "walk" means "travel by foot." When a clue directs contestants to walk, this may include skipping, running, hopping, whatever, as long as the shoes get worn down a little. Earlier in the ep, one of the twins (on the way to Stonehaven harbor), stressed to keep walking, don't run. Maybe they all need a refresher course from TAR rule book.

10-24-02, 09:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
ON the Early show they said that they realized something was wrong when they were the first to arrive. And in reviewing the tape of the show you can see it in their faces. They did not wait for the review that would take 48 hours but admitted up front what they did. They said this surprised the other teams but they wanted to be known, as lawyers, with intergrety(sp, where is spell check when needed) and as good honest humans. I think this gives them big kudos whether they screwed up or not.

Power to them and their futher law careers.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 10:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
On the Early Show Heather/Eve also said that their cameraman had said something to the effect that it was ok to take the cab. My first reaction to that was were they in the car already when the cameraman indicated it was ok to take it? They seemed to blame everything on the cameraman, but weren't bitter. This does explain on why the TNT and The Soccer Moms both made a point to mention how smart Heather and Eve were in their interviews. While they kinda annoyed me, I'm sorry to see the only all girl team left in the race go. There has to be an all girl team make it to the final 3 eventaully.

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

10-25-02, 08:38 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-02 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Usually I agree with you on most things SaphireLady, but I cant on this one. They were busted before they got in the door (Phil tells them "Youre the first to arrive" and Gerkin that they are the "second to arrive"). After rewatching the tape, its pretty clear that they knew they should have gone back and walked. In fact, they STILL would have had time to do it (once they got to the mat) and stay in the race. I think they just thought that the time penalty wouldnt really effect them, or that they could just cry or something and get out of it. Its also irritating to me that they keep blaming everyone else but themselves for the "misread" (ACK). This was an elimination well deserved.

BUMPED AND EDITED TO DRAW DAW ATTENTION TO MY MOMENTOUS 200TH POST!!!! now all i gotta go is get myself a "real" signature....

siamcat8 6 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 09:42 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
I missed the actual show and woke the next morning to see the loosers being interviewed. It was interesting to see the interview first and then watch the tape of the show later. From the questions the interviewer asked I expected Aaron and Ariane to have acted hateful at the end and the cop/fireman team to have been much worse than they were.

I also thought it clearly shows in their faces that they knew they had made a big mistake. Something changed their minds about going back. I want to know exactly what the cameraman said. I just don't buy that he said they could cheat. I wonder if he didn't tell them they would get a time penalty and they decided they were far enough ahead to squeak by.

Artemis 4 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 03:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Havard Law Girls"
Yeah, these two were full of "antics", but not of a positive nature! This in part of another thread in the Basher's Forum, but I thought it was worth mentioning again here.

Are these two for real? What are they, pathetic throwbacks from the days when women believed they had to use their looks and so called feminine charms to get ahead? Not only did they claim this ridiculous approach as their "secret weapon" (check out their bios), they also PROUDLY followed through on it (remember eve gloating as she shed crocidile tears in the bus station to manipulate the male clerk and whispering to Heather that she got Andre and Damon to carry their boxes of port?)! The icing on the cake is Heather's empty claims they were just proud they played the game "ethically". Blah, blah, blah. Sounds to me like someone is OVERCOMPENSATING...hmmm..I wonder why?

These Girls need to learn to play as real women - with some integrity!

Anna

10-26-02, 01:57 AM (EST)
23. "Some very valid points"
I agree with alot of what all of you have said or stated.

So just to point out. I don't think I said, and if I did oops my error, that I did not agree with the penalty and their subsequent boot. They deserved the time penalty and so bye bye.

Second, I too would love to know exactly what the camara man said to them.

Third and I agree that they probably did think they were ahead enough to take the penalty and still be in the game. That one makes alot of real sense.

So, though I still think these are smart ladies they did earn their bye bye pass and they probably did it with the third point above in their minds.

P.S. Still would have prefered to see the horrible double A's go bye bye though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •