The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Twins"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-25-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Twins"
I've seen so many people rooting for the twins across the boards. Even I picked them as one of my favourites before the show started.

But does anyone else notice the stupid choices that they are making? The worst was there decision to use the fast forward so early on! I mean they were in second place.

They have also been wishy-washy on many decisions (not sure what do do, chaning their minds etc).

As much as I liked them, I'm sure their ineptness will lead to their demise.

Has anyone else caught this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Twins Cole 03-25-02 1
   RE: Twins curveball 03-25-02 2
       RE: Twins gamma 03-25-02 3
 RE: Twins JeffGator 03-25-02 4
   RE: Twins KMan 03-25-02 5
       RE: Twins Cole 03-26-02 6
           RE: Twins curveball 03-26-02 7
               RE: Twins Canadian_eh 03-26-02 8
                   RE: Twins curveball 03-26-02 9
                       RE: Twins Cole 03-26-02 10
                           RE: Twins Canadian_eh 03-26-02 11
 What the heck happened to the twins... JeffGator 03-28-02 12
   RE: What the heck happened to the t... Cole 03-28-02 13
       RE: What the heck happened to the t... managerr 03-28-02 14
           RE: What the heck happened to the t... KMan 03-28-02 15
   RE: What the heck happened to the t... trigirl 03-28-02 16
 RE: Twins Loree 03-28-02 17
   RE: Twins Cole 03-28-02 18
       RE: Twins Loree 03-28-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-25-02, 01:49 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Twins"
I fully agree with everything you said. At first I thought that they chose the fast forward because one of them had a bad ankle and was concerned he couldn't do anything. But playing volleyball had to be ten times worse than stumbling ten feet off the cliff - even Peggy with her "really bad knee" managed to hobble. But it's clear that the fast forward decision was made solely because one or both of them is afraid of heights.

They have made some incredibly poor decisions. I am still trying to figure out how they only had a fast forward lead of 15 or so minutes. I think they may have dallied a bit thinking they had a huge lead, but two other teams were on the same bus as them. They got to drive straight to the pit stop. The other two teams had to drive to the boat dock, get in the boat, go up rivers for quite a bit, look around for the flag, get out of the boat, hike up a steep hill, go down the hill, get back in the boat, go back to the dock, AND drive to the pit stop. And all of that is done in 15 minutes? I think the Twins must have gotten lost.

I think when they were in Africa, they lost a lot of time as well... they were one of the earlier teams to arrive and yet got beaten out by others. I think the train they took was a poor choice - everyone should know that taxis are expensive but much more efficient. Then they seemed to avoid the dancing simply because it sounded stupid when clearly it would have taken less time than carrying fish. I wondered about the ankle and knee and thought that carrying 100 pounds of fish would have to be much more stressful. They only switched because Blake and Paige who arrived much later than them in Cape Town had passed them up.

So I agree that they seem fairly inept, and I don't think they'll last long, especially since they don't have the Fast Forward to get them out of a jam.

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-25-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Twins"
good points Cole. They have received a lot of face time too, and for no apparant reason (no conflict, no Momily factor / likability, etc.) What they have not shown is how they keep losing time each leg, getting lost. I would guess this is because if they showed us how lost they kept getting, we'd see that they don't have much longer. With 4 teams on the last charter, they must be one, and one of the others will go for the FF,. The 2 flights will bunch the last 4 up again, and I'm not sure the twins can beat bouncebounce or God Squad. I think they're getting set up to get axed this week. At least that's what I think now anyway.

gamma 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-25-02, 06:40 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Twins"
I went to school with the twins, they are very funny in real life and quite indecisive as well. I am pulling for them but I think their time might come to an end. The commercial shows them stuck in the sand in Episode 4. However, I am thinking the producers are showing them stuck in the sand to peak a suspicion that their time is over, when in all reality they will move on. who knows.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-25-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Twins"
Well I really like the twins, they seem like really nice guys and also very intelligent. I've been impressed with many of what they have said so far. However, do seem a little boring to me and almost remind me of TAR1's winner's the two lawyers. And I just can't understand the stupid decision of using the fast forward so early. I like them and are rooting for them but i gotta agree with you guys, they're not gonna last long.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-25-02, 07:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Twins"
If memory serves, they decided to use the fast forward because when they signed up for the hang gliding, they realized that only one team at a time could perform the task. Rather than wait for the two or three teams ahead of them to jump before them, they decided to play volleyball. It reminds me of TAR1 when Rob and Brennan decided to fly that little plane and Kevin and Drew had to sit there and wait for them to finish before they could go up in the plane. So at the time, it may not have looked like a bad choice at all.

03-26-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Twins"
If their decision to use the fast forward was because they didn't want to wait in line to hang glide, that doesn't necessarily make it better. The comparison between the Twins and the Lawyers is a little inaccurate. The Lawyers' detour was the plane or the bike. Kevin and Drew chose to sit and wait for the plane rather than riding the bikes. If the Twins didn't want to wait for the hang gliding, the other detour choice was the metal detectors, not the volleyball. When they arrived at the top of the hill I thought one of them said something about being afraid of heights. Whether it was this, the waiting in line, or some combination of both, I still think it was a pretty poor decision considering they were certainly among the leaders and in no danger of being eliminated. Bet this will come back to bite them when they really need a fast forward.

03-26-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Twins"
sure, this will bite them this week, when they do not get on the first flight, and the other three teams with them can all go for the FF and they cannot. You should only use the FF if you fall way behind, and need to get back in the group. You know there will be airport bunching, so even if you're toward the back of the pack it still makes sense to wait. Although I likes F&M going for the FF when they were in first. Good idea to stretch out the lead. If you ever got over the hump so you were a day ahead, it'd be all over...

Canadian_eh 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-26-02, 01:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Twins"
Remember that the Lawyers from TAR1 used their FF in the very first episode. I think by the end of the next episode they were near the back of the pack... Using the FF early in the race does not spell DOOM.

03-26-02, 01:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Twins"
true, _eh, but the lawyers did not piss away their FF down to 15 min either, and they did not know about all the bunching that was to come. Not that it matters with bunching, I'll give you, and who knows, perhaps some others will misuse their FF's too. It would be nice to know each leg what the FF is, even if nobody uses it. That and the check-in times, and the $$ should be tracked on the website.

03-26-02, 02:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Twins"
I agree curveball. The Lawyers went for the FF in the first episode because they were hoping to get an insurmountable lead up front. And obviously it doesn't spell doom to use it early. But having presumably watched TAR1 and having the benefit of hindsight, the Twins should know the advantages of the FF and when to use it. I also find it hard to believe that the FF was designed to only give the ones that got it a 15 minute advantage, clearly like the Guidos, the Twins screwed up royally here. Maybe they didn't watch TAR1 after all.

Another difference between the Lawyers and the Twins is that the Lawyers were never in serious danger of elimination (even though they always thought they were). If it had come down to it I bet they would have regretted using their FF so early. But again, they didn't have the benefit of having seen the show before. The Twins are nowhere near as good a team as the Lawyers and their tendency to make mistakes will make then rethink their decision to burn their FF. Like the Guidos and Momily, teams should only go for the FF if they believe they are in serious danger of elimination.

Canadian_eh 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-26-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Twins"
I agree... from experience of TAR1 the teams should wait as long as possible to use the FF.

I just wanted to point out that using the FF wasn't going to be the Doublemints fatal flaw... their flaw is their poor decision making.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-28-02, 01:42 AM (EST)
12. "What the heck happened to the twins??"
Can someone please explain to me what happened to the twins?
Weren't they in first place two episodes ago? I really liked these guys and thought they had a great chance at winning. Maybe the show doesn't do a good enough job to let us know where the contestants are at times, but where did they go wrong? What crucial mistake did they make? I know they got their van stuck in the mud but they were already kind of far back at that point. They seemed like such intelligent guys and they really expressed themselves very well. I was sad to see them eliminated.

03-28-02, 01:59 AM (EST)
13. "RE: What the heck happened to the twins??"
Well, they got lost. AGAIN. None of the other teams had problems reading the map to get to the sand dune, yet these two acted like it was incomprehensible. It seemed to be very clearly marked. Then they drove off into the sand and got stuck, so I suppose by the time they actually got there it was closed. Did anyone else notice that somebody must have told them just to drive straight to the pitstop (they didn't have a giraffe) so the teams would not be delayed for yet another 24 hours due to the last place team's blunders? I never thought these two were that bright and I agree that going from 1st to last in two episodes is pretty pathetic. I know last year it happened with the working moms but those two simply caught a bad break when they picked the wrong cat sculpture.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-02, 09:51 AM (EST)
14. "RE: What the heck happened to the twins??"
You actually thought they had a good chance of winning? Just because they were first in the FF? I'd go and read the voting thread and see all the people who picked them to go. They are the first team eliminated from the race that I'll miss, but their lack of travel experience and general lack of direction showed. (I wonder if they could even point out Sierra Leone out on a map...)

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-02, 09:57 AM (EST)
15. "RE: What the heck happened to the twins??"
If I was going on The Amazing Race I certainly would have taken a course in stick-shift driving. The U.S. is one of the few places where automatic transmission is the norm. I don't feel any sympathy for them.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-02, 11:20 AM (EST)
16. "RE: What the heck happened to the twins??"
Can someone please explain to me what happened to the twins?

Ep.2 - Got lost on their way to the jungle camp. They took the same bus as everyone else and they did not have to do the river rafting thing. They should have had more than a 10 minute lead from their fast forward (even though there was subsequent bunching).

Ep. 3 - Train instead of taxi in CapeTown. Slowed them down considerably...they mentioned that on the Early Show.

Ep. 4 - Couldn't drive standard worth sh!t. Lost on the way to the sand dune, plus the stuck in the sand thing. As Cole mentioned, they were the only team that seemed to have a map that was illegible.

They had a major screwup in each episode.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Twins"
I thought it was funny that they said that when they watched the show they couldn't tell themselves apart either. The show had suggested that they wear necklaces with their initial on. But they thought that was hokey. So one of them wore an earring. But they said it didn't show up half the time on TV.

03-28-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Twins"
I thought they were joking that they couldn't tell themselves apart. Maybe they meant that when there was a quick clip of only one of them that flashed on (such as running or something like that) they didn't know right away who it was. They said that they didn't think they look that much alike, but acknowledged that they never addressed each other by name. I have a twin brother and we are supposedly identical - I have never really thought we looked even remotely identical, but apparently many people cannot tell us apart. However, if I were to see a picture of myself or my brother you can be sure that I would know who it was!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Twins"
I have cousins that are identical twins. They have several family photos that they honestly don't know who is who in the photos. They will argue over it and sometimes have no idea.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •