The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
While skimming through the USA Today weekly TV chat transcript, I came across the following question about TAR and its ratings. Here's the text:

"Little Rock, AR: Hello I have tried to watch the recent the Amazing Race but can' get into it because I really don't care about the teams. How are the numbers and are you a fan of this thing, thanks

Robert Bianco: The numbers are terrible, and I tend to believe they're bad (in part, at least) because we had seen enough of these teams the first time around. Even the ones we liked have begun to wear out their welcome from over-exposure. It's a bad "Survivor" idea transplanted to "Race," and it's proving to be damaging. Still, on the subject of bad "Survivor" transplants, I'm sure many "Race" fans were happy to see the last of Rob and Amber. Now, let's pray to the TV gods that we have, indeed, seen the last of Rob and Amber. Talk about wearing out your welcome - these people are the guests who refuse to go home."

Here's a link to the transcript:

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=1132

As a TAR fan, I'm disappointed but not surprised by the poor ratings of All-Stars. (Wish Robert Bianco would have shared the actual ratings numbers.) Viewership of TAR in general has been declining, and we've already seen the all-star version of Survivor be less than successful. Still, I hope this isn't the end of the line for TAR.

We'll also see if Romber's departure affects the ratings...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... Seana 03-13-07 1
 RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... Cygnus X1 03-13-07 2
   RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... qwertypie 03-13-07 3
   RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... HobbsofMI 03-13-07 4
       RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... cahaya 03-13-07 7
   RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... AZ_Leo 03-13-07 5
 RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... realwatcher 03-13-07 6
   RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... realwatcher 03-19-07 8
   RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Comment... lordassmonkey 04-07-07 12
 Keeping hope alive... Jims02 03-22-07 9
   RE: Keeping hope alive... Cygnus X1 04-04-07 10
   RE: Keeping hope alive... realwatcher 04-07-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 11:33 AM (EST)
1. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
I dunno if I want to listen to this guy. He doesn't even know if Starbuck is really dead.

I am surprised that the ratings aren't that good. I was mostly looking forward to this season, though I would have preferred it to be all teams that placed either 1st or 2nd in their season.

Sometimes our very own Webmaster posts ratings news on the front page here. I will watch for one.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
Although there aren't any numbers, Broadcasting and Cable confirms that the Race isn't faring all that well. For Sunday, March 5:

Amazing Race came in third at 8-9 p.m. behind ABC's Extreme Makeover and the Fox comedies.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
DAMN!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 03:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
I think it's this terrible Sunday time slot.....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 05:58 PM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
Yup. It'd do better some weeknight slots.

Rays of light by tribe.

I still remember the time when the thing to look forward to on a Sunday night was Walt Disney.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
It hasn't quite dropped to Apprentice levels.

CBS Has Sunday Win Down 'Cold'

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" moved ABC into the lead at 8 p.m. with a 7.9/13. CBS dropped to second with "The Amazing Race," 5.9/10. "The Simpsons," 5.3/9, and "The Winner," 4.1/6, finished third for FOX. NBC got a 4.1/7 from "Grease: You're the One That I Want," leaving The CW's "7th Heaven" rerun in fifth.
-----
At 10 p.m., CBS' "Without a Trace" dominated the hour with a 10.8/18. "The Apprentice" posted a 4.9/8 for NBC, and a "Brothers & Sisters" rerun on ABC earned a 4.0/7.

A tribephyl original

realwatcher 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
total non-sense
Let's see ratings next week without Rob and Amber!!

03-19-07, 05:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
any info about this episode
Or CBS must get back Rob and Amber?
))

lordassmonkey 43 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-07, 02:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: TAR-All Stars Ratings & Commentary"
Seems liek the ratings toook an increase

ShawnXmonkey
http://www.youtube.com/user/lordassmonkey

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 01:23 PM (EST)
9. "Keeping hope alive..."
This past week's episode did much better than usual, especially considering that Rob & Amber were booted already.

At 8 p.m., CBS improved to 8.9/14 with "60 Minutes" and "The Amazing Race." A repeat of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," 6.2/10, held onto second for ABC. "Grease: You're The One That I Want" kept NBC in third, slightly ahead of FOX's "Simpsons" rerun, 4.4/7, and "The Winner," 3.6/6. The CW got a 1.3/2 from "7th Heaven."

"The Amazing Race" and the start of "Cold Case" combined for an 8.0/12 on CBS at 9 p.m. NBC moved into second with "Deal or No Deal," 7.2/11. ABC's "Desperate Housewives" rerun, 4.9/8, came in third. FOX held steady with a "Family Guy" rerun, 4.6/7, and a second episode of "The Winner," 3.5/5. A "Top Model" rerun finished the night for The CW.

TAR was also #17 overall this past week. Nice improvement.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Keeping hope alive..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-07 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

For 4/1:

"Dateline," 6.0/10, gave NBC the lead in households at 8 p.m., although ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" repeat had more viewers. The first half of a two-hour "Amazing Race: All-Stars" posted a 5.1/8 for CBS. FOX stayed in fourth with "The Simpsons," 4.0/7, and "King of the Hill," 3.9/6. The CW got a 1.2/2 from "7th Heaven."

ABC and NBC switched places at 9 p.m., with a "Desperate Housewives" clip show (6.6/10) leading in households and "Deal or No Deal" (6.5/10) drawing more viewers. The second hour of "The Amazing Race" improved to 5.5/8. A "Family Guy" rerun, 4.2/7, and "American Dad," 3.7/6, kept FOX in front of an "America's Next Top Model" rerun on The CW.

"Cold Case", which followed TAR, was the top-rated show of the night.

So TAR isn't beating either NBC or ABC, but apparently it's not too much of a drag for CBS either. But the numbers are well off from what Jims posted.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

04-07-07, 01:51 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Keeping hope alive..."
You can't convince me that the episode in which teams were few hours away from other group of teams was exciting.
Yo can't convince me that episode in which fist team stop to buy food and becouse of that Mirna became first ,holds viewers attention!
What lack of action and excitement.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •