The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's not dead yet."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's not dead yet."
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-06 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

I was wrong with two predictions:

1. Rob would propose to Kimberly on the Early Show; and
2. The All-Star edition of TAR would be its last.

Apparently CBS is accepting applications for TAR 12. I saw it on the TAR site earlier, but I can't find the link now (it crashes my browser every time I try to pull it up). If I succeed in acquiring the link, I'll edit it here.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's not dead yet. seahorse 12-13-06 1
   RE: It's not dead yet. Cygnus X1 12-14-06 2
       RE: It's not dead yet. seahorse 12-14-06 3
 RE: It's not dead yet. Starshine 12-14-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-06, 11:34 PM (EST)
1. "RE: It's not dead yet."
Just because they are taking applications for TAR 12 does not mean they might not cancel it after TAR 11 if ratings are not as good as desired.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
2. "RE: It's not dead yet."
As usual, the Horse is showing his horse sense.

I guess I just found it unusual for CBS to consider taking apps (btw, here's the site) when it seems uncertain whether the franchise can last that long. Then again, I reckon it doesn't cost much for CBS to collect apps now, does it?

I'm sure there must be examples of reality shows that have done this -- called for applications, then had the show cancelled before that season came to be.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
3. "RE: It's not dead yet."
And other shows that completed filming but never aired or that were canceled midway thru the season due to low ratings.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
4. "RE: It's not dead yet."
I know that it seems to have been a little Lenny recently, however this can be a great show. Remember Gus in the brauhaus, everyone except the Weevils marvelling at Utah, the joy when you thought the Guidos had been knocked out and Momily were safe, the beautiful islands in the Phillipines, Rob reversing a London bus, Iguaçú National Park, the Alps in Winter, the New Zealand bungey jump, the standing wave in Germany (Austria?), Rome, the way Paris was shown in series 1, Vietnam, Cabo di Roca, etc. etc.

I know this is a race, but in the olde days you got to see a lot more of the countryside and the cities, and I want both dagnabit.

My mother had a house near Bayeux, it is a beautiful city, all that I know about it from AR10 is that it has a train station, and is near Caen. And all that I know about Caen is that it has a train station and is near Bayeaux. I am only asking for a minute or so of travelogue about the places they go, but something like that would save the show for me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •