The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Emmy Fourpeat?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-06-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Emmy Fourpeat?"
Emmy nominations were announced, and TAR is once again nominated. Not as much of a shoo-in this year as in the past IMHO due to: 1) the TAR family edition, which would not in itself merit even a nomination, although TAR 9 was very strong; amd 2) Dancing with the Stars, which is in its first year of eligibility and has that combination of talented performances and good natured fun without a real prize at the end that might be attractive to emmy voters. I don't think Survivor or AI, if they haven't won in recent years, would win this year. I don't know anything about Project Runway.

Whaddayathink? Fourpeat or not?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Emmy Fourpeat? Earl Colby Pottinger 07-07-06 1
 RE: Emmy Fourpeat? mikey 08-28-06 2
 RE: Emmy Fourpeat? JohnMc 08-28-06 3
   RE: Emmy Fourpeat? michel 08-28-06 4
 Hooray! moonbaby 08-28-06 5
   RE: Hooray! pantsonfire 08-30-06 6
 RE: Emmy Fourpeat? ......TTOW!! Le... TAR_RELOADED 08-30-06 7
   RE: Emmy Fourpeat? ......TTOW!! Le... Joe Clay 08-31-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-07-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Emmy Fourpeat?"
TAR 9 could still win in the production/editting awards. The show was not at it's best (teams/prizes) but I don't think the processes of filming the show suffer. Still got some great slices of life.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Emmy Fourpeat?"
Congratulations to the TAR team for their fourpeat. Congratulations to BJ and Tyler for letting the Emmy voters forget about the family edition.

Three more weeks ....

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-28-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Emmy Fourpeat?"
Ditto to mikey's post.

TAR - major kudos for pulling off the 4-peat. Neither the Lakers nor the Bulls have been able to do that!

I love TAR and I think it definitely quality reality show.

My only question is how did they jump from doing TAR7 and then have BJ & Tyler win TAR9? Why did they skip 8?

I must have a mild case of amnesia.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Emmy Fourpeat?"
I was hoping for a Survivor come back but I'm very glad TAR won instead of the others

>Why did they skip 8?

My question would be; why didn't they skip TAR 8 completely!

I think the way the Emmy works is that a show submits 1 episode for the whole year to represent them. The Oman leg was one of the better legs this year.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
5. "Hooray!"
The secret is in the turtlenecks

Many seasons later and I am still HOOKED.

pantsonfire 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-30-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Hooray!"
I think its great they won. This will only add to the success of this amazing show.

TAR_RELOADED 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-30-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Emmy Fourpeat? ......TTOW!! Let's take a group bow!"
Congrats to everyone on OUR 4th Emmy,

Bertram, Elise, Phil, and all involved in the creation of the show.

Also BIG thanks to Michel, Earl Colby Pottinger, Mikey, John MC, moonbaby, pantsonfire, oz4ever, Max Headroom, sittem, tiges_rule, coffeecoffeecoffee, ineedchocolate, Peetah, CattyChat, krisjonfanbg, hinghamwx, Dizwiz, udg, CouchTater, realitybites, xwraith27, kidflash212, cahaya, tvgeek401, popeave,redwings8831, Joe Clay and all the TAR fans who have contributed to this forum.
I truly believe we see along with the Emmy voters what makes this show special. The human interaction, good or bad, between people of diverse cultures, languages, beliefs, etc.
To the wonderful Australian fans I met in Florence, Italy this year by chance in a nice restaurant there. Cheers to you! To all the other great fans in Australia, Canada, Japan, and all around the world, thank you for your support and just being fans of the show.

Bring on TAR10!!

tar_reloaded

Joe Clay 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-31-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Emmy Fourpeat? ......TTOW!! Let's take a group bow!"
Wow! Congrats to everyone involved in this great show. I couldn't believe how exciting it was when they announced the winner, it was like part of my family had won.
It's only a matter of days now..................wooooohooooooo Does that Phil look like a million bucks in a tux or what???

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •