The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Weavers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

sosisters 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-05, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Weavers"
My sister and I watched tonight's episode and we were trying to remember what caused the big hate-on for the Weavers. Could someone please remind us? They wonder why the other teams have a problem with them, but then we see them making fun of everyone one the show. What do they expect? I can't wait for next week and seeing the mother confront the Linz's on their decision to yield them. It's a game, what did you expect?

Bring back the Paolos.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Weavers Stormy Sky 11-23-05 1
   RE: The Weavers nailbone 11-23-05 6
       RE: The Weavers Dizwiz 11-23-05 10
 RE: The Weavers Snidget 11-23-05 2
   RE: The Weavers fredrica 11-23-05 3
       RE: The Weavers zipperhead 11-23-05 4
       RE: The Weavers nailbone 11-23-05 5
           RE: The Weavers angiece 11-23-05 7
               RE: The Weavers mysticwolf 11-23-05 8
                   RE: The Weavers happjack2002 11-23-05 9
 Duplicate topic IceCat 11-23-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 01:30 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Weavers"
I've seen every episode of the show, & I don't understand why the other teams hate the Weavers. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary they did, I think the Weavers are considered kind of "goody two shoes", the others are really being hateful on ganging up on them. I'm really rooting for the Weavers to win.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Weavers"
Oh good grief!!! did you not see the rude remarks? the throwing fruit? the hypocrisy?

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Weavers"
Charlie Brown?! Is that you?!

By the way, when Lucy's holding the football, just ignore her. Trust me.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 06:39 AM (EST)
2. "RE: The Weavers"
Wasn't there a bus or something that several of the families were on early on where I thought it was the Weavers that were having some freak out but then went off together and came back and were excessively cheerful as if nothing had happened. I remember that made some of the other teams worry about them. Comeing back and doing the sorry for the freak out won't happen again would have been better than comeing back and pretending that nothing had happened. If it was a different team please correct me.

I don't know how many of the disrespectful things they say about the other teams on camera (I don't think calling the Godweski sisters "Desparate Housewives" is respectful for instance, but your mileage may vary) are overheard by the other teams or how much they do it where they can be heard. Being nicey nice when you think the other teams can hear you but being overheard dissing them behind their backs tends to create a bit of tension.

What they keep saying they are and what they act like seems to be totally different. I don't know if they are that unaware of their behavior, or they really think what they are saying about others is nice.

We also don't know how they act at the pitstops. The Weavers say they keep making nice with other teams, but some of the confrontations they have had on film with being yielded make me think their concept of making nice and other people's concepts of making nice may be different. I was always taught that if I thought I was being nice, but the other person is upset then I should figure out what I did that wasn't nice for that person and not do it again. Not blame everyone else for not seeing that I'm nice and wonderful.

I'm kind of shocked that people think their behavior (like yelling at someone biking that they are not Lance Armstrong) is OK. Much of it comes off to me like they verge on being bullies sometimes. Maybe the crowd they hang with back home all behaves the same way and it is accepted, but it isn't OK with me, and if they did it in front of me I would have to either have words with them or drop them as friends.

fredrica 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
3. "RE: The Weavers"
I think mostly it is because their behavior is incongruent with their words. They thought it was okay to tell the other team's boat driver to slow down (and that is part of the game), but then were upset when that team was saying "Hey batter batter" during the baseball hitting roadblock. They've littered and made rude comments about the places and people they've seen - including the Lance Armstrong comment. They also shut out people when they do try to care. For example, when the sisters tried to "make nice" with the kids while the mom was on the race track. I think the Weavers are loners by nature and may not even realize that they are shutting people out.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-23-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Weavers"
Mmmmm...incongruent. You know, that goes really well on English Muffins.

Welcome to the Forum, smarty.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Weavers"
It's been stated in many of the interviews by the "loser" teams that from the very beginning the Weavers have set themselves off away from the other teams and refused to join in any of the group gatherings at pit stops and stuff.

And saying "it goes against our religious beliefs to have other people be rude to us" while being the team that threw fruit out a car window at another team is definitely incongruous.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassle Adjuster o-

angiece 30 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Weavers"
Hi- New to this forum. I've loved the Amazing Race since the beginning. . .

I think one of the Paolo sons said it best on the morning show after they were eliminated - the Weavers are very hypocritical. "We're Christians living a Chrisitan lifestyle" - but they act very unChristian. "Everyone hates us" - but they are the ones who bully and yell.

Last night, though, I really decided there is something greater wrong with the Weavers. I've been to the parts of Arizona and Utah that they were traveling through. I've been to Florida. While every other team was marveling at the wonders of the scenery - the Weavers kept calling it ugly. "I guess God didn't spend as much time on this place."

The Weavers are 2-dimensional stick figures who don't understand, appreciate, or even observe the world outside the confines of their own narrow-minded thinking. In other words, they are self-centered to the point of blindness.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 06:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Weavers"
Makes me truly greatful TAR didn't go to too many foreign countries with them. We don't need the kind of press they would have given us.

A Tribephyl Winter Wonder

happjack2002 28 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Weavers"
I think alot of the Weaver hate coming from the pit-stops is due to the family having 3 teenagers on the team and they are most likely acting like teenagers during the pit-stops. It seems that when a team is disliked everyone just picks out every little thing they say and do and disses them over it, stuff like Mama Weaver telling the boat driver to go slow and telling the toll booth guy to give them a long history of the park happens every season but when a disliked team does it everyone is up in arms. The edit job when the Linz's commented on the waterfall and the Rolly's comment on some mountain just send up edit hatchet job signals to me since they where in a totally different area than the Linz's when they made the comment and we have no idea how they reacted to the waterfall and in other parts of the race the Weavers made nice comments about thing. It is very easy to make someone look bad in TAR last season they could have made Uchenna and Joyce look horrible by showing Uchenna screaming racism and making threats in the San Juan Airport during the whole "plane back to the gate" saga, if they want to cast a team as villians it is very easy just show all of the negative and none of the positive the Weavers havent acted anywhere near as bad at Jonathan, Will or Colin who all acted like total a-holes infront of the camera.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
11. "Duplicate topic"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-05 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

... locking.

Feel free to copy your post to the following existing thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2855&forum=DCForumID20&omm=0

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •