The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kalandergirl 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-05-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
CBS Early Show:

In the end, the Rogers family from Shreveport, La. — Denny, 46, his wife Renee, 42, and their two children, Brittney, 22 and Brock, 19 — came up short.

They say they lost because Renee fell down at the start of the race.

"I had an injury that really wasn't kind of shown and getting sick," she tells The Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith.

"When we got to Washington — we were there actually with four other teams — that's when we realized, Renee wasn't able to keep up," Denny says. "We turned around and looked and it wasn't even the same person traveling with us."

Her children thought she was "a little bit of a hypochondriac." But it turns out she had a concussion and was not 100 percent.

"Actually, after the Civil War battle, they took Brittney and Brock to be interviewed, and they took me off in an ambulance," Renee says. She was sick "the entire time. I wouldn't hold down food."

But that was not the only thing that kept the Rogers from being in the lead. They also got lost in Pennsylvania.

"They left that up to me," Denny says. "They decided dad needs to come read the map. So they put me in a position that I made the wrong call and we went east instead of west."

"I've done great map reading the whole time," Brock says. "In the beginning, before we started, we gave each other duties. He was going to be the map reader. I was going to drive to begin with. So it finally happened and everything went wrong."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... aquariaqueen 10-05-05 1
   RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... jalobi 10-14-05 8
 RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... cahaya 10-05-05 2
   RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... kalandergirl 10-05-05 3
       RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... cahaya 10-08-05 6
   RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... bullzeye 10-15-05 10
 RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... Stana 10-05-05 4
   RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... dev67 10-07-05 5
   RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... cahaya 10-08-05 7
       RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... celinedion1 10-15-05 9
 RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... antman29 10-18-05 11
   RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Los... Nurps 10-18-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-05-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
1. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
Oh, that explains perfectly why they went the wrong direction on the highway, and were at the wrong reflecting pool for 2 hours without asking the locals.

I get it, the father still doesn't make mistakes.

jalobi 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-14-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
But didn't you hear at the start of the show that the dad blamed the son for the mistake the dad did? It sure was the dad who screwed things up.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
I'm usually not one to arrive at firm judgments, when all we're shown is less than 1% of all that a team does and says. The CBS editors, by commercial necessity, put an entertainment spin on any edits that make airtime.

Yeah, so dad and junior Rogers made a mistake. Indeed, they both admitted it. At the same time, I'm not a bit surprised other factors slowed them down. Sick racers in ambulances doesn't make good air time entertainment.

I wasn't cheering for them like a few other teams, but I don't see any reason to get down on them either (and even then, it would belong in the other forum, Bashers, not here in Fanatics).

A spooky tribephyl creation

kalandergirl 10 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-05 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

I simply posted the Rogers' own comments. That can hardly be construed as bashing. The first response to my posting simply reflected on the reality of what actually happened and is certainly not any worse than comments made on other subjects. We aren't bashing the show.

10-08-05, 01:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
Oh, my comments weren't a directly reply to your post. You shared some good snippets out of the early show, without commentary of your own. Indeed, the Rogers' statements on the Early Show pretty much speak for themselves. And, I probably should have left the Fantatics/Bashers comment out of my own post, even though there is a tendency to do a little bashing of some teams even in the Fanatics forum.

I guess my point is that there is always more to the people and what happens during the race than what we see in a just a few selected and edited snippets during an hour-long episode. If anything, your post with the Rogers family's comments on the Early supports that point.

Welcome to the boards, kalandergirl, and thanks for sharing those quotes out of the Early Show. The Early Show is not show here in SE Asia, so I'm glad you posted it.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
Interesting - I would have thought seeing a racer carted away in an ambulance would have made for terrific air time entertainment. A little real drama could definitely spice up the blandness of this season.

Stana 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
Well I thought all the other teams went East and they went west. I have the show on tape....Thats too bad about the Mother hitting her head. I am surprised they didn't show it though as on last season they did show it when the older couple got injured...

My first time posting I love the show.

I felt so sorry for The couple that won last time...They suffered more with her shaving her head and winning the Pit stop but they didn't even get a prize or something....Plus so long with no food at the end but then they came back and won...

dev67 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-07-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
They did show it. They even instant replayed it with a highlighted white circle around her as she fell.

10-08-05, 01:22 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
My first time posting I love the show.

Welcome to the boards here. Yup, a lot of us love the show!

celinedion1 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-05, 04:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
I love this show too but I hope that the challanges a little more interesting.

antman29 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-18-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
Just curious did anyone noticed from their interview on CBS is they were asked about their home in New Orleans since Katrina?

They must of just home from taping when the storm hit.

Hail Hail, Anthony

Nurps 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Rogers Explain Why They Lost"
I don't ever get to see the CBS interviews with those who were eliminated. Wouldn't it be great to have a reunion show, similar to Survivor, once TAR is over? It would help to clear-up misinformation we receive due to the editing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •