The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Great teams a great big problem..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

awh2uwf 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Great teams a great big problem..."
I dunno if anyone else seems to be feeling the same way but the only team left to root against, for me anyway, is Rob & Amber... I genuinely like every other team!

--Uchenna & Joyce are great people, showcased when they gave Meredith & Gretchen the bag of clothes. I really sympathize with their family situation too, especially when they reconsidered adoption after visiting the orphanage.

--Lynn & Alex work so well together; sometimes the individuals in a team seem only to be waiting for their chance to speak whereas Lynn and Alex talk back and forth, often emphasizing what the other just said. It's also refreshing to see a team who, while recognizing that it is a race, are truly enjoying just being there.

--Meredith & Gretchen are just a pleasure to watch. They've overcome such adversity, much of it in the form of Ray & Deana, and even after the nasty incedent in the caves, Gretchen marched right into that market all bloody and swollen, and geeze... they're both great.

--Brian & Greg are full of faith, something I think gives them an advantage. Unlike some prior teams in other season, their religious beliefs never hinder them from hanging out with Lynn & Alex, either. Most of all, they're fun; fun between themselves, fun with the other teams, fun to watch.

--The only other team is Ron & Kelly, and while I'm certainly not rooting against them, I'm not particularly attached. They're nice, though from the previews, it looks like they're about the start going at it as well...

GO TO AMAZON DOT COM, LOOK UP 'THE AMAZING RACE' AND THEN GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO SIGN A PETITION THAT WILL CONVINCE CBS TO PRODUCE 'THE AMAZING RACE' SEASON BOX SETS!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Great teams a great big problem... bostonrobfan 04-01-05 1
   RE: Great teams a great big problem... GottaLoveTAR 04-05-05 8
 RE: Great teams a great big problem... nailbone 04-01-05 2
   RE: Great teams a great big problem... coffeegrrl 04-02-05 3
       Right on, coffeegrrrl Loquatrix 04-02-05 4
       RE: Great teams a great big problem... Jealousy 04-04-05 7
 RE: Great teams a great big problem... seahorse 04-02-05 5
   RE: Great teams a great big problem... KLinDC 04-04-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-01-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
I love Romber! I am also a fan of the brother, Uchenna and Joyce, and Meredith/Gretchen. The ones I don't like are Lynn/Alex and Ron/Kelly.

GottaLoveTAR 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
I don't like Lynn/Alex or the brothers.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
This is kinda funny, because the only team I *don't* particularly like is Lynn and Alex, and I love Rob and Amber, and everything you say her about L&A

work so well together; sometimes the individuals in a team seem only to be waiting for their chance to speak whereas Lynn and Alex talk back and forth, often emphasizing what the other just said. It's also refreshing to see a team who, while recognizing that it is a race, are truly enjoying just being there.

Can be applied to Rob and Amber.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

coffeegrrl 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-02-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
To be honest, I HATED the idea that Rob and Amber were on TAR. But, they'v actually been very entertaining. I'm certainly Not rooting for them to win, but I love how their mere presence in the race is causing so much emotion out of people. Now that, I do love because hopefully, it will create more fanatical fans of my favorite show. I've already recruited a Survivor and Apprentice "expatraite" (heehee).

Oh, and to answer your question....I'm rooting for the brothers.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
4. "Right on, coffeegrrrl"
I had never watched TAR before this season. I am watching it because I happened to see Romber pop up on the TV screen one night as I was channel surfing, remembered that someone over on the Survivor boards had said Romber were running the Race, and settled down to watch. I've been hooked ever since. ::grin::

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
I'm in the same boat. When I heard that Survivors were going to be on the Amazing Race, I was so quick to pass judgment on them. Especially since a lot of people disliked them already. But seeing them in action, my mind was changed from the very first episode of season 7.

I don't see Rob and Amber winning, though I honestly wouldn't mind if they did. To me, as long as they beat the teams that hate them, I'm fine. I'm rooting for the brothers as well and maybe Uchenna and Joyce.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
Rob and Amber have really grrown on me. I hopre they do real well and at least make it to the final 3.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Great teams a great big problem..."
My choice for final three are Uchenna/Joyce, BrianGreg (Greg is totally yum!) and either Lynn/Alex or Meredith/Gretchen. I'd like to see Lynn/Alex finish ahead of Rob/Amber, but somehow I think they'll get eliminated this week, because of the whole flat tire issue.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •