The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-04, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-04 AT 09:20 AM (EST)

Interesting read about the tyranny of editing and how Gary (TAR 2) was an evil story-teller.
Also, Christie, as it turns out, is the more articulate of the two as Colin seems capable only of surfer speak.
part 1:
http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=356
part 2:
http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=370&tarfly=1d3ce8464dbd87ada7c70c9860b63d12

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-23-04 1
 RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... louislam 11-23-04 2
 RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... mikey 11-23-04 3
 RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... RocketAudy 11-23-04 4
   RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... beatball2k1 11-23-04 5
   RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... canadafan 11-24-04 6
       RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-24-04 7
           RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... photokitty 11-26-04 8
               RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... louislam 11-27-04 9
 RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... louislam 11-27-04 10
   RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... canadafan 11-27-04 11
       RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have ... Spidey 11-29-04 13
 Editing plays a huge role! volsfan 11-27-04 12
   RE: Editing plays a huge role! KObrien_fan 11-29-04 14
       RE: Editing plays a huge role! louislam 11-30-04 15
   RE: Editing plays a huge role! RocketAudy 11-30-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-23-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
Well they tried to make themselves look good and the editors bad, but I noticed a few things. (1) They never claimed that they were forced to use a script nor that there really were and fake voice overs. If we heard them say something, it was said. And frankly I would never say some of the things I heard to my girlfriend. (2) He still argued with a police officer in a foreign country for more than 30 seconds, that is stupid no matter how they edit it. (3) It is a race for a million dollars! No-one but your partner can be trusted in the final legs - NOONE! (4) Christie claims to have toned down for TV, if so good for her but she can't claim to be as tough as Colin otherwise why was he doing so many of the roadblocks. I guess my main point was editting can lie to us but it was not CGI, C&C made some dumb mistakes (mostly Colin not listening to Christie's ideas) and the scenes were not faked, Colin did blow up very often, if he controlled his temper better he still could be the bad boy and hyper-competitive without looking so bad.

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-23-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-04 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

It's good to see their news.
It seems that they are suffered from the editing, however, I did not forget that Christie blocked Charla at the airport (Luxor?), it was a bad move and useless since the counters have not opened yet. That really gave me a bad impression, and there's no editing in it.

PS. why there's no news about Chip/Kim, Brandon/Nicole and Linda/Karen? I want to know what they are doing now~

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-23-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
Interesting, but very long, interview. While certainly they made some valid points about editing but there was at least some "truth" behind what they showed -- Chip and Kim were friends with everyone it seems, while Colin/Christie obviously made some friends on the race (Dennis/Erika and the Pizza Boys) but had some real enemies due to their actions -- I understand even Brandon did not like Colin although you would not have gotten that from the editing. Tarflies also had a two-parter with Mirna. There clearly is some editing involved -- interesting that Jonathan on the current edition who at least to this point is portrayed pretty badly is not complaining about the editing, but is inviting people to laugh along with him. http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com

I had not heard that they had any former contestants as part of the production -- is there anyone other than Gary? I know Zach is a TV producer so he would seem like a natural fit.

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-23-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
It's really hard to have sympathy for these two. Every time they give an interview they complain about the editing and claim they were misrepresented. They give examples from early in the show, which frankly I can barely even remember. Most of my opinion of Colin is based on his screaming into the face of the cab driver and throwing money into the air. There's no way in the world editing can make that worse than it was.

beatball2k1 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
I like it. I learned some stuff about the producers and how they edit

canadafan 77 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
Before we judge someone, we have to know that there are so many things that we don't know about. These interviews prove it. The producers edited Colin/Christie as the vilains because they needed that to make people watch the show, making us wondering what they'll do next. If they had won, they would never had that bad edit. I beleive that's why they complained about it. Nobody likes to have people hate them. Other teams made bad comments too but it seems easy for some people to overlook them and just go and hate Colin. Sorry but I loved that team too much and they were the best and the reason why we watched last season with so much intensity. In any case, we are entitled to like or dislike the one we choose. Jonathan in season 6 is much worst than Colin, so we can assume that they won't win the race.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-24-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
>Before we judge someone, we have to know that there are so many things that we don't know about. These interviews prove it.
>The producers edited Colin/Christie as the vilains because they needed that to make people watch the show, making us wondering
>what they'll do next. If they had won, they would never had that bad edit.

I am not so sure about that, first Colin just blew up too easyly, it would be hard to find material to show him as nicely/nicely. About the only part of a task where he was not acting badly was when they completed a task. We would just end up only seeing his backside after a task is complete and he runs to the car for the next task. I mean he blew up even reading the tickets sometimes.

>I believe that's why they complained about it. Nobody likes to have people hate them.

That does not mean people don't have a good reason to.
Sorry, but as I said before, they never claimed voice-overs or stand-ins. Colin really said what he said, and some of it I would never, ever, say to someone I love.

>Other teams made bad comments too but it seems easy for some people to overlook them and just go and hate Colin.

True, maybe some of the other players are worse than they were shown. The little woman was plain sneakly at times. I would never trust the two brothers any further than I could throw them. Chip short-changed a taxi driver who is still in a daze from his love - how did he do that? But sorry but there is a diffirence between disagreeing, rude comments, lying to other teams verses Colin yelling at a police officer in his own country - that is a whole diffirent level.

>Sorry but I loved that team too much and they were the best and the reason why we watched last season with so much intensity.

I am sure you are right about that.

>In any case, we are entitled to like or dislike the one we choose. Jonathan in season 6 is much worst than Colin, so we
>can assume that they won't win the race.

I thought you had to be a wife beater to be worse than Colin was shown on the show - I was wrong. And while I never was a fan of Colin it took three or so shows for his comments to really get under my nerves, Jonathan less than the first hour! This just can't be editting, there is just too much bad material from him for him not to have something wrong there.

It might be possible that he is not like this normally and it is the knowledge he is on TV and the race itself bring this out, but this also suggests if his business hits the rocks that he is not the person needed to solve problems under pressure.

The new road-block rule is going to be a killer for him. I wish Colin and Chip had it in thier game.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-26-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
New road block rule? What is it?

11-27-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
No racer can do more than 6 road blocks~

11-27-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
After I read the interview of Mirna in the same site, I thought that the show really didn't show everything. It could not show the much darker side of Colin. And Christie's defense for Colin just showed that what kind of person Colin was actually. If you need to be conscious in order not to act badly, you really mean that you will act badly when there's no video-camera, so you just pretended you were a good guy. And you deserved a bad edit.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

canadafan 77 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/41a4f96a236809ae.html

I would never beleive what Mirna say in an interview. She was rude by interrupting Colin at the bus station, she took his taxi while their packsaks were still in it, she called him names, she always said that almost everyone was jealous of her. So she is far from being credible. I liked Charla but not Mirna. By the way, we should not blame nobody because I wonder what how we would act being in their shoes. We do not know how we would react in a stressful situation.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Colin and Christie (TAR5) have their say"
We do not know how we would react in a stressful situation.

I do. I would lose my sh!t on the first leg. I am horrendously, notoriously impatient when I travel. Add deadlines and a cash prize to the trip and fuggedaboutit. Total meltdown a la Colin with his ox.

But this? is why I would never sign on to something like TAR. People really should know their limitations. OTOH, without the Colins of reality tv, it would be a snooze-fest.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-04, 10:33 PM (EST)
12. "Editing plays a huge role!"
In these shows! More so than many of us know. I am not saying that Colin/Christie are good guys...just that editing can play a huge role in how we see these peeps!

I agree that Colin was presented as the villian because every season has one!

Also, on Big Brother (not this summer but last summer), CBS edited the hell out of the end of that season. Alison and Jun called Robert's daughter a b!tch and had a whole long rant one night! They called her names and were very degrading to her...A CHILD! I think this was edited out because they didn't want one of the final two women to be shown in the bad light!

Let's try to keep in mind that editing does play a huge role in how the shows are produced and shown!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Editing plays a huge role!"
Editing plays a role, but people can't hide who they are. I know on Survivor for example everyone who has ever been on has said that they were portrayed fairly with the possible exception of Shawn Cohen who did complain.

Colin and Christie are not just evil by editing.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

11-30-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Editing plays a huge role!"
That's right! The editing may make them look bad, however, you cannot claim yourselves as very good people by this way. You have to admit what you have done, both good and bad.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Editing plays a huge role!"
First of all, Colin was a GREAT racer, maybe the best ever. He was also terrific television. But the producers didn't just randomly choose to make him the villian. If Colin and Christie had won the race, there's no way they would have suddenly received the hero's edit. As an editor you wouldn't simply IGNORE the blow up in the police station or the ox freak-out. They were horrifyingly great television.

(That said, there was at least one Colin tantrum that was cut from the show, but is on the Insider videos from the St. Petersburg Hermitage episode.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •