The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Colin Interview Released"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Colin Interview Released"
Interesting -- Doesn't CBS generally prohibit its contestants from giving interviews until after their elimination episode has aired or the race is over? Then this. They are apparently lettiing Colin speak out now to rehabilitate his reputation.

And not a word about trying to rip off the cab driver!

From TV Guide OnLine

Colin Strikes Back at Mirna!
by Ethan Alter

Colin

How can you tell that The Amazing Race (Tuesdays, 10pm/ET on CBS) has finally graduated from being a cult favorite to a mainstream reality hit? Well, the show's fifth season has garnered consistently high ratings, tons of watercooler buzz and now an honest-to-God feud. In the grand tradition of Richard Hatch vs. Sue Hawk and Omarosa vs. Ereka, here comes Mirna vs. Colin. The two clashed repeatedly during the race, and it looks like the ill will continues off screen. As you may recall, Armenian lawyer Mirna levied the first charge in her August 20 Q&A with TV Guide Online, accusing Colin of making numerous "threats and accusations" against her and her cousin, Charla. In this exclusive interview, Colin answers Mirna's claims and slips in a few digs of his own.

TV Guide Online: In our interview with Mirna, she characterized your relationship as contentious, and some of that certainly came across on screen. Were things that strained off screen?
Colin: Besides her interruption between myself and the bus-station employee in Patagonia, and when she and Charla unsuccessfully tried to steal our taxi in Cairo, Mirna and I didn't have much of a relationship at all. It was quite clear from the beginning that Mirna did not want to be friends with Christie and me. Although she eventually alienated herself from most of the teams with her "I'm such a victim" attitude, all efforts on mine and Christie's part in the first three legs of the race to be friendly — or possibly form an alliance — proved to be futile. We still didn't have a problem with them until she interrupted us in the bus station and then got mad that we didn't apologize for not allowing her to do so. We decided at that point that Mirna was not a rational person and certainly not someone we wanted to share our time with.

TVGO: How would you characterize the relationship?
Colin: I think Christie put it best when she described Mirna and Charla as two yapping Chihuahuas continually trying to bite at our ankles and saying: "Look at me! Look at me! I will not be ignored! I will not be ignored!" My personal theory is that Mirna loved the fact that she and Charla were such a strong team, but hated the fact that Christie and I were better. After the second leg, no matter how hard they raced, Christie and I still beat them every time, and this irked the hell out of her. More than anything, though, I think she hated the fact that so many other teams liked working with us. Not only did they like working with us, but they also let us lead. Mirna took it very personally when this same thing was not happening for her. Unfortunately, it's her own fault that most teams steered clear . I do not like Mirna and I wanted her out, mainly because she is such a difficult person to be around. As far as my thoughts on her as a racer, I didn't any more about her than any other team. There is too much random luck involved to count anyone out. As far as I'm concerned, every team is always a contender.

TVGO: Mirna claimed that you had made threats to her throughout the race. Could this have been a misunderstanding or do you specifically recall any threats being exchanged?
Colin: No, absolutely not. Beyond the second leg, I barely said three words to her outside of the race. You've already seen every exchange we had during the race.

TVGO: Specifically, she claimed that you threatened to break her legs. Do you remember saying anything along these lines, even as a joke?
Colin: When I read that, I just had to laugh. That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Both at the pit stops and on the race, Christie and I tried to avoid her at all costs. Mirna would continually try to get under our skin by interrupting us or being argumentative while we were in conversations with other teams. Our tactic was to ignore her as best we could. She simply wanted the attention.

TVGO: Is there anything else you'd like to say about how you've run the race so far?
Colin: Besides the eating challenges, I feel Christie and I are running the race very successfully. Truly, the only thing that could hold us back now is my ability to run my mouth without concern for other people. Fortunately, Christie is a much bigger person than I am and is able to take the high road and be mature enough not to let our problems escalate. She is by far one of the strongest people on the race and I am damned lucky to have her as my partner.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Colin Interview Released mikey 08-31-04 1
   I replied to colin ivoryElephant 09-01-04 6
   RE: Colin Interview Released rugoing2letmeplay 09-02-04 10
 RE: Colin Interview Released nailbone 08-31-04 2
 RE: Colin Interview Released Neobie 08-31-04 3
 RE: Colin Interview Released aquariaqueen 08-31-04 4
   RE: Colin Interview Released mikey 08-31-04 5
       RE: Colin Interview Released HistoryDetective 09-02-04 8
           Citation to the spinning head mikey 09-02-04 9
 RE: Colin Interview Released volsfan 09-01-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-31-04, 10:28 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
Colin's also been posting at a BMW message board (amazing what you can find on "google"):

"P.S. I promise I'm not the A$$hole you're seeing every week on TV, it is absolutely amazing what they can do with editing. Not saying that I can't be a real jerk, but they can just make you look however they want to get better ratings. Oh well, someone had to be the villan a guess."

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/5604588-1.html

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-01-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
6. "I replied to colin"
I posted a reply to colin on that board. go read it, it is hillarious

mind the gap

rugoing2letmeplay 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-02-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
Where is that message board message????

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Colin Interview Released"

Truly, the only thing that could hold us back now is my ability to run my mouth without concern for other people.

And he does acknowledge that he has a problem with this.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-31-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
The first interview does sound much more credible than Mirna's... I have no idea why I'm believing him at this point, but I do. The BMW one... just sounds too DAWish.

I think CBS has allowed such interviews before though.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-31-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
"The one thing that could hold us back now is my ability to run my mouth without concern for other people. Fortunately, Christie is a much bigger person than I am and is able
to take the high road and be mature enough not
to let our problems escalate."

Well, well, well, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.....go Colin! Go straight to therapy and a 12 step program!!!!!!

08-31-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
"Bigger person" -- "high road" -- sounds like he is bashing midgets again. Not sure how Christie's blocking the door at the airport, and then bragging about it to the twins, fits into the high road theory.

My favorite of his comments: "Unfortunately, it's her own fault that most teams steered clear." -- Didn't we see him in videotape specifically instructing, actually threatening the other teams to steer clear of Schmirna and Mirna or he and Christie would cut them out of information?

I think everything Colin is saying is the way he remembers it.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 08:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
Ummm, aren't the phrases "high road" and "bigger person" fairly common and used in everyday conversation, whether or not a little person happens to be involved? I don't always like Colin's actions, but don't try to make a controversy where one doesn't exist. And I do believe they prefer to be called "little people" and find "midget" to be derogatory ... or were you trying to bash them as well?

09-02-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
9. "Citation to the spinning head"
On the use of the term "midget" on this board, see the following thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/476.shtml

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Colin Interview Released"
Did this interview only contain five questions and four of them pertain to Mirna? Does anyone find that strange?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •