The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early vote..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early vote..."
Post the name of the bootee as the subject, etc.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 There you go again shakes the clown 03-12-01 1
   RE: There you go again SurvivinDawg 03-12-01 2
   RE: There you go again skierdude10 03-12-01 3
       Board history AyatollahKhomeini 03-12-01 4
           RE: Board history ACPS65 03-12-01 5
               PLEASE FORGET ABOUT IT Play2Survive 03-12-01 7
                   alycia ashcheeks 03-12-01 12
 RE: Early vote... colbysincharge 03-12-01 6
   RE: Early vote... SurvivinDawg 03-12-01 8
       RE: Early vote... Kokoro 03-12-01 9
       Good Cop, Bad Cop shakes the clown 03-12-01 10
           RE: voting thread wolf1bh 03-12-01 11
               JERRI castaway 03-12-01 13
                   Shakes, help!!! Play2Survive 03-13-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
1. "There you go again"
Damn Skier, you just keep screwing up in here.

Are you illiterate, lazy or just plain stupid? Redundant threads, groundless speculation, and now committing one of the ultimate suvivorblows faux pas, starting a vote thread.

You've been here long enough now where you should be able figure out how we do the vote around here....Superman starts the Official and Only vote thread 1-2 days before the show...we don't have multiple vote threads.

That's 3 strikes against you....why don't you do us all a favor and try actually reading some of the other threads so you don't make such an ass of yourself on a regular basis.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-01, 07:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: There you go again"
Hey shakes, do you own this board?

If so, is that still reason to get personal and derogatory with skier?

I didn't know the "Superman starts the vote" rule until now. Maybe skier didn't either. No matter what, there's no reason to get Jerri-like toward him.

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
3. "RE: There you go again"
Well sorry.... Since when do you own the board? I didn't know that rule, and I'll keep it in mind. By the way I pronounce you Jerri Jr.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-12-01, 07:39 PM (EST)
4. "Board history"
We set the "Superman starts the voting thread" rule back before E4, so that there was no confusion and fewer new threads. Superman discusses it in his "Final Analysis...." thread today as well.

The problem that we have been trying to avoid is a proliferation of new threads. We are always happy to add new posters, but we're trying to keep the number of new threads down to make it easier to pick out what is really important (and reduce the redundancy). Thanks for your cooperation.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-12-01, 07:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Board history"
Still though...I know for a fact skier here is'nt the only one who's been talked to like...all the condescending remarks and what not, I mean really, we're not in high school anymore..LOL....anyways...I'll listen to the higher authority and keep in mind not to rebel and post a voting thread. LOL

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 08:03 PM (EST)
7. "PLEASE FORGET ABOUT IT"
Here's hopes that we can let this thread fall by the wayside. Superman has said he will post his vote thread tonight, so we can all start voting tomorrow. In the meantime, let's not try to fix what's not broken. The system works, it's a democracy, we have a great board that stays clean because there are rules we all follow.

So PLEASE, I beg you, let this be the final post to this thread!

ashcheeks 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 09:48 PM (EST)
12. "alycia"
oops.....brain fart.

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-01, 08:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Early vote..."
If I may mediate here.....
Shakes and the Ayatollah have over 800 combined posts, and have set the tone for the board to bring order out of chaos. I for one appreciate their efforts. Multiple threads, early posts, speculation without evidence, etc......
Take a look at the EZ board and see some of the goofiest stuff you can imagine, including a theory about posting about the goofiest theories posted there!

There was a reason that the old SS board posted "GO AWAY - CLOSED TIL MAY"; so that their board wouldn't look like the EZ board.

As a quiet poster, I still have more posts than you others combined. So use proper etiquette and respect your elders on the board. And if you don't like it.........

The cranky old posters have seen enough, come and go, trash the board, and slip away. That leaves old threads and good information lost in the BS.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to mediate in this discussion and help shine light where it may not have shown before.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-01, 08:12 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Early vote..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-01 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

I'll be delighted to follow the customs and rules of this board, especially when I know what they are. I was not here when the Superman/vote rule was started. Now that I know that rule, I'll gladly abide by it. I also try not to get personal or derogatory with anyone, although some have been that way with me.

I've seen several posts by shakestheclown that have been really personal, derogatory and hateful in nature. In none of those cases was this language necessary to bring home his/her point(s).

Furthermore to this point, I do not see where posting frequently gives one license to use such language, either. As I was trying to imply above, unless shakes owns this board, (s)he's no more special than any of the rest of us. Please keep that in mind when dealing with newbies.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-12-01, 09:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Early vote..."
<<I'll be delighted to follow the customs and rules of this board, especially when I know what they are.>>

Would you prefer we had a 20 page rule book like SS?

<<unless shakes owns this board, (s)he's no more special than any of the rest of us.>>

Shakes does chase people away....but maybe that's a good thing. I knew for a fact before I opened this there would be flames all around. I for one don't want this to turn into ezboard....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-01, 09:02 PM (EST)
10. "Good Cop, Bad Cop"
I think Ayak and myself make a great "good cop, bad cop" tandom on these boards...Ayak b/c he's got more sense of diplomacy in one fingertip than I've got in my whole body, and as for me, sometimes I just say what NEEDS to be said.

First time offenders get off with a stern warning, but repeat offenders are subject to a harsher brand of policing.

Take Skierdude for example, how many times can you slap a guy on the wrist before its time to pull out the paddle?

Keep in mind guys, its a fine line between having the best spoiler/speculation board on the net (which we do) and having the anarchy that is the EZboard. Have you seen that place, its a zoo.

We've had an influx of new posters since the SS board went to the EZ format, which is great b/c some of our new posters have a lot of valuable insight to add to the discussions, but we've also been subjected to the flipside of that coin, the irresponsible posters who don't bother to read the threads before posting, who don't rely on any facts when speculating and, in general, have turned the board into a mess at times. A good example was this weekend when we had over 5 threads dedicated to the "source code" spoiler, which in turn pushed some of our most important threads onto the second page.

And one more thing, ACP I can't believe you have the balls to get into this discussion considering I haven't flamed you once despite the fact that you spent the last month on this board running around telling people they were wrong whenver they're ideas contradicted your ridiculous final four prediction. I left you alone cause you're a long-time poster....maybe you should've thought of that before you decided to throw your 2 cents into the debate, although it is refreshing to see a post from you that doesn't mention why Jerri is getting voted off next.

I'm sorry I brought this useless thread back up to the top, but I thought I needed to make some sort of reply.

-Shakes the Not so loveable Clown

wolf1bh 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-12-01, 09:30 PM (EST)
11. "RE: voting thread"
well maybe i f'ed up too, i was making a post right before i read this one so if i get flamed for my final 4 vote thread - what can i do? i agree with several posts on here that this board could be a lot cooler if newer members were instructed how to post rather then personally insulted as some of the "old timers" often do. whatever.

castaway 168 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 11:56 PM (EST)
13. "JERRI"
I just HAD to do that. Hey, I'm ready to vote, someone go tug on Superman's cape!

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 00:05 AM (EST)
14. "Shakes, help!!!"
I hope you will kindly flame the next person that posts on this thread. As soon as it gets near page 2, someone calls it up to the top again.

It's been helpful to hear the discussion, and like many I'm glad you and Ayak are policing.

Now let's let this go and get on with the business of Episode 8!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •