The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-11, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Thank You, VG (via Sucks)
Episode 5 Title: "We Hate Our Tribe"
Airs Wednesday, March 16, 8 p.m. EDT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" kiki_k 03-09-11 1
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" vince3 03-09-11 2
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Flowerpower 03-09-11 3
   RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" kiki_k 03-09-11 4
       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-09-11 6
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-09-11 5
   RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" kiki_k 03-10-11 7
       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 8
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" dabo 03-10-11 9
               RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 10
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Blind Freddy 03-10-11 11
   RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" SquidProQuo 03-10-11 12
       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" SquidProQuo 03-10-11 13
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Blind Freddy 03-10-11 14
               RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" SquidProQuo 03-10-11 15
                   RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Kermit the Vixen 03-10-11 16
                       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" SquidProQuo 03-10-11 17
                       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" parathor 03-10-11 18
                           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 20
                       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Scarlett O Hara 03-10-11 29
                           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 31
   RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 19
       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 21
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 22
               RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Flowerpower 03-10-11 26
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" suzzee 03-11-11 36
       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Flowerpower 03-10-11 23
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 25
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 27
               RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Flowerpower 03-14-11 45
       Regarding David Flowerpower 03-10-11 24
           RE: Regarding David dabo 03-10-11 28
               RE: Regarding David Outfrontgirl 03-10-11 30
                   RE: Regarding David dabo 03-10-11 32
                       RE: Regarding David Outfrontgirl 03-11-11 33
                           RE: Regarding David kiki_k 03-11-11 34
       RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Flowerpower 03-11-11 35
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" suzzee 03-11-11 37
           RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Brownroach 03-11-11 38
 Rob "Outwits" to find the clue? Krautboy 03-11-11 39
   RE: Rob "Outwits" to find the clue? chinadj 03-11-11 40
       RE: Rob "Outwits" to find the clue? Krautboy 03-11-11 41
       RE: Rob "Outwits" to find the clue? Flowerpower 03-12-11 42
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" Woogie 03-12-11 43
 RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe" michel 03-12-11 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-09-11, 10:46 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 00:13 AM (EST)

Initial reaction is Russell's minions Stephanie & Krista.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-11, 10:47 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Definitely makes it sounds like it's a Zap quote, especially after the Harem Girls spin some Russell dissension magic...

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-11, 10:52 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Agreed, this is the harem in confessional as they are about to wreck havoc and chaos. With that dramatic scene on the beach with the Zap 6, where David is telling Sarita to Chill, I am thinking it looks like the Ometepe's may just win one....

03-09-11, 11:10 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Am I right in thinking that so far every episode title has come from the tribe that goes to TC?

Ep. 1 "Your Looking at Your New Leader"-- Ometepe quote; Ometepe TC
Ep. 2 "You own my vote" -- Ometepe quote; Ometepe TC
Ep. 3 "Keep Hope Alive" -- Zap quote; Zap TC
Ep. 4 "Don't You Work For Me?" Ometepe quote; Ometepe TC

Further, if I am right, does that mean anything? I've proven I can't remember details of past seasons too well, has the title been a clue before as to which tribe goes to TC? And, regardless of the past, do we have enough to go on so far this season to conclude that if Ep. 5's title is from Zap (as it seems) that means Zap is going to TC or am I trying to draw a conclusion without real support?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-11, 11:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
kiki, I think it's a good theory. The flip side is that any time they want they can blindside us by switching it around.

In numerous prior seasons, there was a title and there was also a paragraph supplying at least three full-on clues/teasers. In those days, the title wasn't necessarily important, just something catchy, perhaps by Jeff's favorite character.

Now, they have really pared down the teasers, so it's almost like the title IS the clue to the story this season. I am definitely paying attention.

03-09-11, 11:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
I think you guys have it ...

Reminder though, not supposed to say what happened tonight until after show airs on West Coast ...

It doesn't matter to me, I followed the ECST, but there may be Left Coast readers out there who think it's safe because of the board rule ...

03-10-11, 00:13 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Dang -- me again blowing it for everyone. I'll edit my original one. Honestly, it slipped my mind.

03-10-11, 01:28 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
I wonder if anyone out there cares ... no one has complained for ages.
Like I said, I don't care, just noticed the way it was going and thought I'd post a reminder.

My preference would be if people were free to discuss the developments after the show and get going on next week while they're hot to trot ... by midnight EST it's too late for most people and they go to bed.
We could just keep the results out of the thread titles ... which isn't an issue.
I don't decide these things though.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-11, 01:46 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Like some of the older rules on vote threads, maybe no one cares anymore but they are what they are. Probst tweats during the episodes, maybe no one told him about the EC blackout rules.

Well, at least next week the clock should be set right again.

Living in Hawaii, the land of no stupid springaheadfallback, perhaps you hadn't noticed.

03-10-11, 02:10 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
The clock is always so wrong for me, dabo, that I don't look at it.
The time change is rough on people in Hawai'i, because most need to interact with the mainland and keep in mind how many hours difference all the zones are -- well now that relativity is all screwed up. At least the the other states (not counting Arizona) are always the same difference from each other.

I hate DST because I will have to make a call before 11 am to reach the east coast in standard business hours. It makes for a real short window of time to do business.
Now back to spoiling ...

We Hate Our Tribe seems to only fit Steph and Krista, so I hope they give us another teaser to work on!

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-11, 04:05 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

CBS Press release....
Note: The second airdate mention of 'April 16' airdate would seem to be an error...should be March 16.

----------------------
March 10, 2011

TWO TRIBEMATES USE THE DUEL AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE VALUABLE INFORMATION WITH THE OPPOSING TRIBE, ON
"SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16

"We Hate Our Tribe” — Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members while another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, Wednesday, April 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
------------------

Comment:
Keywords - 'duel', 'unlikely', 'another castaway'

The 'unlikely' has lots of possibilities, but it would seem to be by observers at the RI duel?

Maybe the 'another' is Steph who hides the last RC HII clue from the tribe?

Your thoughts?

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-10-11, 04:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I'm thinking the castaway who hides the HII clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol must be Rob, since he's trying to keep it under wraps from his own alliance that he's found the HII. Grant seemed to be getting suspicious of Rob when he was gone for too long last week, and he in particular should be getting worried about going into the merge down in numbers as he (and Rob) would likely be the first targets.

ETA: I don't think it would be Steph or anyone on Zap since Rooster still has the HII and therefore they shouldn't be getting another clue. Or am I missing something?

ETA 1 more thing: Since the tribe that gets the HII clue usually wins reward (which lately is a combined challenge), I think we can infer that Ome wins the challenge this week. Unless, like I mentioned above, I'm missing something here. But the promo also seems to point to unity crumbling on the Zap tribe and them going to TC.

03-10-11, 04:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
P.S. The 2 tribe mates who use the duel as an opportunity to share valuable info with the opposing tribe could be Kristina and Matt. They are both smart and could put their heads together while they're waiting for the next duel to make inroads with some Zaps.

It could also be Steph and Krista, IF they're allowed to go watch the duel, but the Zap 6 would be really stupid to allow both of them to go together.

Blind Freddy 444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-11, 04:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Re: 'I don't think it would be Steph or anyone on Zap since Rooster still has the HII and therefore they shouldn't be getting another clue. Or am I missing something?'

Nope you're not missing something...I am...my bad

And the Matt/Kristina pair could be the ones sharing. But what info about Ometepe do the Zaps not already know? Remember that the observers from the non-'opposing' tribe will be there as well to report back.

- Rob running the show is basic Survivor 101, so not likely that.
- Rob has the HII. Noone knows so that can't be shared.
- Matt/Andrea were a pair? I think it unlikely that Matt would share that he and Andrea were a pair since that would target(via Ome observers) Andrea again. (Tho astute Zap observers could have deduced that from the first RI duel interaction from Andrea)
- That Phillip is a 5th wheel?
- Maybe just the controlling alliance at Ometepe of Rob/Natalie/Ashley/Grant?

03-10-11, 05:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Good points, BF. And the clue + the "we hate our tribe" title do seem to point to Steph and Krista spilling the beans to Rob's tribe. I'm just surprised that the Zap6 are dumb enough to allow those 2 to go to the duel alone!

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-10-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
It doesn't seem to me that Stephanie and Krista would be considered "unlikely" though. Julie seems to have been more miffed than any other Zap 6 about throwing the challenge and now that Russell is out, what are the chances that she could just continue getting royally fed up with the other members of the 6? If Julie and Stephanie united, THAT would be more "unlikely."

I am not a spoiler though and really have no idea what I'm talking about, FWIW.

- Vix

03-10-11, 05:27 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Hi Vix, I totally agree with you that Stephanie and Krista don't fit the "unlikely" clue. But Blind Freddy and I were referring to a different clue about 2 tribemates sharing valuable info with the other tribe. So they could fit for that part.

Re the "unlikly" duo: I like your suggestion of Julie and Stephanie. I could also see Stephanie and David.

My guess is that even though things were glossed over about Ralph having the HII and the Zap 6 acting happy about it, at least one of them is going to start to distrust Ralph over this.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-11, 05:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
It could be three different teases:

1. Two tribemates use the duel as an opportunity to share valuable information with the opposing tribe
-- Steph & Krista seems the likely scenario here. They're previewed to be all about chaos, and what would be better than jumping ship to side with the other team? Why not send them away together? They're getting voted out next regardless (I imagine that's what the zap-6 are thinking)

2. Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members.
-- Previews show Zap unhappiness, so it's probably them, meaning probably something like Stephanie & Ralph, maybe Steph and Julie (people having a "story" before now). Onet seems like a happy camp - I can't see anyone being frustrated with members, plural... Philip, yes. But everyone else is portrayed to be nice. Maybe Andrea and Philip?

3. Another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol.
-- I like the Rob idea, but it could also be Philip. He's "sneaky." I don't see it as zap, although it'd be something Russell-worthy if Steph hid the clue (I don't think she knows that Ralph has the idol yet, does she? did they tell her?)

03-10-11, 05:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
I agree it could be three teasers. I think two are Zap and one is Ome (the HII clue).

>>> another castaway hides clues
Rob is the only Ometepe in a position to have more than one clue.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-10-11, 09:06 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
I seemed to notice that it was David who appeared to me to be more sympathetic with Krista and Stephanie. Last night, I heard him in a confessional saying something to the effect that it wasn't cool that the Zap 6 were practically dancing on RussHell's grave in front of his girls.

03-10-11, 09:30 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

Yes, David has more sensitivity.
I imagine that as a defense attorney, he sees a lot of people getting slammed when they're down.

I just don't see David changing his alliance out of sensitivity. He'll do it if it makes sense. Right now, he is shielded at the merge behind those big alpha targets. I mention shielding because we saw him thinking about Russell's value as a shield at the beginning. Last thing he needs is to assume a leadership role and front an alliance of women, IMHO.

I just see Sarita as someone who has been burned by men in her life (from her perspective, don't know the facts), who may not have a lot of trust in them. She was also talked about as a weak link in challenges, so she may have some concerns.

Mostly, she is the one who's visibly upset in the promo, whereas David is trying to calm her down.

03-10-11, 05:48 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
TWO TRIBEMATES USE THE DUEL AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE VALUABLE INFORMATION WITH THE OPPOSING TRIBE ...

"We Hate Our Tribe” — Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members while another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol

Agree with Squid that Rob keeps hiding the clue to HII. Obvious already and then they use the plural. Only one clue per reward, and Rob has already hidden one, so now he has two.

Conclusion: Ometepe wins and Zapatera goes to TC. Wow, that was easy.

"We Hate Our Tribe" -- clearly Zapatera, there is no WE at Ometepe that hates the tribe, also shown in previews that Steph and Krista find their inner Russellness.

UNLIKELY to me says that one of the Zap 6 is unhappy and bonds with at least one of Steph and Krista. Why two and not three? Perhaps because they are the two at the duel. Steph or Krista plus one.

Sarita is shown telling David that it's stressful. Is Sarita unhappy with the tribe or David? What about Julie? I think that Mike, Steve, and Rooster are happy with the new tribe, so it has to be one of those three.

My first guess would be a woman is unhappy with the dynamic.
Sarita would be the most unlikely to bond with Steph and Krista, but as we've seen, she is very controlled in her play, not likely to spill anything.

So maybe Julie. She and Stephanie talked before. You may say this makes her a poor fit for "unlikely" -- but this is CBS speak. Julie let the Russell alliance down, burned them, so yes she is unlikely at this point.

Who goes to duel may not be a choice this week, or not the option they choose. They could go back to rocks or Rochambeau. The minority could protest a bout being left out and demand a fair way to choose who goes.

I think the two Zapateras are going to be the ones trying to Shambo their way into the opposite tribe. Krista, for example, would seem to have a little more shelf life with her tribe because she's been less outspoken, so she might see a future.

There is plenty more to share about the Zaps.
I would have to rewatch last nights episode, and this could be wrong, but are Steph and Krista not out of the loop on what Rooster let slip? Do they know he has the idol? I don't think they do.

Not sure why Rob and Grant would allow Philip to go back to the duel, since he tried to "sell" his intel ... Now that Rob has the idol, he should go.

Lastly, about the clues -- yes, they keep putting clues in the reward items even after the idol is found. As proof, both the idols have been found, and there is still a clue. The producers never assume that everyone knows it has been found. Sometimes people search for idols that are no longer there -- like Russell did. So expect a clue is handed out every episode, whether or not they bother to edit it into the show. Also the clues should get progressively better -- that's how it's worked in the past.

In sum, while it would be really interesting to see Sarita or David turn traitor to the main alliance, I just don't see it, and they are both very careful about what they say. Julie, however, has hinted that she's very outspoken, and doesn't seem to watch what she says like the others do.

We saw in Ep 3 that Julie wasn't feeling great about her position in her alliance, as she genuinely considered what would be a better way to get on in the game.

03-10-11, 06:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
I changed my mind, I'll leave my Julie argument there as a theory, but I think because of the promo scene, that it is Sarita who just might be the highly unlikely one who unites with at least one of the widowed harem.

Just based on what they've given us, it points to Sarita cracking for the reasons that FP and KB gave in the vidcap topic. Concern that the men are too strong.

Russell told Ome that Sarita is running the show, but some of that could be his perception. He tried to get them to boot her, and Mike didn't listen. However, I'm not so sure that she's the boss of Mike and Rooster, or Steve. I think she and David are tight.

If Sarita appoints herself to go back to RI, it could be that Steph goes with her. Steph has the biggest mouth and is more likely to seize the moment, IMHO, than Krista. Maybe Steph says something that gets under Sarita's skin.

03-10-11, 06:59 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Afterthought:

We know that Sarita has had multiple marriages. From her cast interview, it appears to me that she knows how to manipulate men but is also quite wary of them. I think she could be induced to feel paranoid over the obvious bonding of the "manly men" of her tribe.

03-10-11, 07:47 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Afterthought note....totally agree, Rob is the likely one to outwit, while making us laugh! No doubt about it, looking forward to it!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-11, 12:13 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
How much of a jolt to Sarita to be outed as "the" leader at Zap. She can't be sure that with merge coming and the other tribe knowing what Russell said, regardless of the truth of it, she'd have a real target on her. I'm thinking that's what is stressful for her.

agman makes me hot

03-10-11, 07:13 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-11 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

TWO TRIBEMATES USE THE DUEL AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE VALUABLE INFORMATION WITH THE OPPOSING TRIBE ...

Well, this could be 2 from the same tribe, but it could also be 1 from each tribe as well. Clearly, one of Krista or Stephanie must be there.

"We Hate Our Tribe” — Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members

With the previews showing us Stephanie and Krista laughing in the bushes, and Stephanie stating that they were going to wreck havoc and chaos, seems like they have a plan...what could it be? Also, Jeff Probst said that this week he said some folks would do the best "OUTWITTING" that he's seen in years...or something to that effect, here is the exact quote...

Next week… one of the best examples of “outwit” I’ve seen in quite a while. You will want to tip your hat to the person behind the feat but you’ll have to do it while wiping away the tears of laughter at how they do it.

So, it must be that Stephanie and Krista outwit, as they are seen plotting and laughing...but who did they team up with to do it?

David is not off of my radar. Last night he had several sympathy confessionals, I think....once in regard to the girls when RussHell news came back, and also being sympathetic to Ometepe when they lost and had to go to TC...He's also clever, and I do think he was really pissed at being called out about blowing the puzzle or the thrown challenge. If Sarita is stressed out, she's not in on it....Could be Julie...I don't know, but she had her head down when the drama was playing out. She just seems like the type that would bond with Steve and Mike the most, being a fire-fighter and working along the hierarchy. Remember in her bio she said she got along better with men than with women. I also wouldn't rule out Rooster, he's a character, and his ego is mighty high right now...? I think Jeff has referenced Rooster "replacing" RussHell, and if he does sooner rather than later?

Who knows though, maybe the joke will be on Rooster and his HII? Rooster would be one heck of a target to outwit, and it sure would be funny too.

Last night, I am pretty sure that Rooster showed them he had the idol right in camp when they all were there....I am sure that Krista and Stephanie know.

Yes, it makes the most sense that Rob would hide the clue, but I really don't get that, as he's already got it, so why does he care if anyone searches? Doesn't make much sense to me...If someone else got the clue, however, they may want to keep it a secret so they could search on their own...but, the way it's worded, I agree, sounds most like it's Rob.

ETA: Maybe Sarita is in on it....maybe she's acting in that drama that evokes the "Don't stress out" comment from David?

03-10-11, 07:41 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
jeff's remark could also be about Rob's master plan to keep his tribesmates convinced that the HII clues were hidden so well that no one can find them. Or that someone else has got them and isn't sharing.
Rob is so entertaining, and funny, and he makes me want to "tip my hat" to him. Last night's scheme for getting everyone out of camp was a thing of beauty.

He could certainly refer to Stephanie. I just don't think she is the type to provoke tears of laughter. Philip is comic relief, and so is Ralph, but I don't think either holds a candle to Rob when it comes to OUTWIT.

03-10-11, 07:51 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
I love those examples you noted about David. It seems to me that the editors are keeping us in the dark about David. We don't quite know where his loyalty lies -- to himself, clearly, but who else? We thought he MIGHT join with Russell, now he is a candidate to side with the girls and pull a power move.

At the same time, what he has actually done is to cooperate with the larger alliance, and he may be saving his moves for later.
______

>>> Well, this could be 2 from the same tribe, but it could also be 1 from each tribe as well. Clearly, one of Krista or Stephanie must be there.

I also thought of this possibility. It depends on whether CBS is using good grammar. As it is written, both tare the subject of the sentence, and what they --plural -- do is share with the opposing tribe.

Also, by definition, TRIBEMATES are members of the same tribe. So it has to be two from one tribe. Ometepe is the numerical underdog, and no one there is going to undercut the tribe, so clearly it is two Zapateras. Two who surely agree not to tell anyone what they said when they get back to camp.

I hope we get a duel promo that will show us who is observing this week.

03-14-11, 08:19 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-11 AT 08:52 AM (EST)

So it has to be two from one tribe. Ometepe is the numerical underdog, and no one there is going to undercut the tribe, so clearly it is two Zapateras. Two who surely agree not to tell anyone what they said when they get back to camp.

Excellent point, OFG! So, perhaps Stephanie or Krista will go with David to the RI Duel....perhaps this is how he ties into it this week. More than likely he may choose not to participate, but perhaps he agrees not to share the antics with the rest of the tribe? But, as we saw on the beach he will most likely betray his confidence to one of the girls that went with him (he'll double cross!), by telling the Zap 6. Sarita will say, "it's stressful", and he will tell her, "don't freak out!"

More than likely, out of all of the misdirection clues, TWO TRIBEMATES USE THE DUEL AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE VALUABLE INFORMATION WITH THE OPPOSING TRIBE ..., will be the clue that leads to the boot story. Does it follow then that one of the two who go, will be walking the walk?

03-10-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
24. "Regarding David"
Just wanted to add something about David...In addition to his 2 sympathetic confessionals, he was wasted at the Challenge. He didn't get to do any of the legs, nor the puzzle steps....and, remember, he was chosen to sit out a challenge over a girl, earlier. I don't know how kindly he's taking to the other alphas telling him what to do, and what not to do (don't solve the puzzle that threw the challenge). I wouldn't be surprised if it was David that schemes with Fiesty Stephanie or Krista...

03-10-11, 08:38 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Regarding David"
And his face seems to be stuck that way.

Just tacking on at the end having read through, I'm wondering now about the prospect that Zap intentionally lose another challenge to get rid of Steph or Krista, who have embraced chaos theory. This could shatter the tribe unintentionally along male-female lines as the men see things one way and the women another, or rather what bothers the men doesn't bother the women and such like.

03-10-11, 09:24 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Regarding David"
Interesting idea, but I don't think so. One was enough, and they could rationalize it.
You save your disposables for the time that you need them, when you must go to TC.

Russell was an anomaly.

After a swap, there is more reason to consider throwing a challenge, either to get off an enemy or to save an ally who got screwed -- such as Marcus in Gabon. (They wanted to, but the challenge didn't allow for it.)

Post swap the tribe is not really one yet, and your numbers are on both side of the fence, so that is different from voluntarily giving up numbers -- unless you are sure of the merge coming next and you need to get rid of someone. But Jeff is capable of punishing a tribe for doing that and delaying the merge just to rub it in that they can never assume.

03-10-11, 11:09 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Regarding David"
Thing is that at this point it only takes two or three players on a tribe to decide to tank a challenge in order to make it impossible for the rest of the tribe to counteract the strategy. If Stephanie and Krista truly are committed to chaos strategy it could further divide the tribe even if in the end it does neither Stephanie nor Krista any good.

03-11-11, 00:06 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Regarding David"
I hear what you're saying, but the best thing for those girls is to not go to TC until the merge, and I have confidence they aren't going to lose it to that extent.

Throwing challenges only works if it's by consensus of those in power. Otherwise the tribe judges the ones who tanked it as weak or disloyal, and most likely votes one of them off.

I do hear what you're saying, but I really don't think we will see Zapatera lose on purpose again. What we may see is a Zapatera that falters because its "synnergy" gets messed up.

Besides which, I don't care what Jeff says about challenge pre-planning, they will find something that a tribe like Ometepe can win! Ometepe has 3 men and 3 women, and the producers can always specify that the challenge has to be gender balanced. They can make Zapatera sit out a man and a woman, for example, and they can throw in a puzzle for David ... so that one of the beasts has to sit out, and they can add a balance component that favors Natalie and Ashley over Julie ...

I'm partly kidding, have no idea what the challenge is, will be interesting to see who it favors.

03-11-11, 00:45 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Regarding David"
I agree with you re: the challenges. My take is that all the challenges are pre-planned before the game starts, but the order they are used is not, so that when a tribe is down (as Rob's is) they make sure to have the next challenge one that should favor that tribe.

03-11-11, 09:29 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
"We Hate Our Tribe” — Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members while another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol

With the new promo vidcaps posted by Tribephyl, I am thinking that Two tribemates use the duel as an opportunity to share valuable information with the opposing tribe, will be Steph/Krista, one or both at the duel sharing with the Ome's. Who knows, maybe they both get to go, now that RussHell is out of the picture the others may be lax?

The transcripts give us misdirection clues as well. I agree, that "We Hate Our Tribe" and the first part of the misdirection is in line with the Zap girls, Steph/Krista....here is what the promos have regarding them:

Probst: And at Zapatera, Russell taught his girls well.
Stephanie: We're ready to cause some havoc and chaos.
Probst: So tribe unity crumbles
Sarita: David, it's stressful...
David: Don't freak out!

VO: Redemption Island sends Russell home. Now his two allies...
Julie : Stephanie and Krista, they're just pawns in this big game.
Announcer: ...are own their own.
Stephanie : Hopefully they can see that I'm a good competitor.

When Stephanie notes that she is ready to cause some havoc, I think she may go to the RI Duel and start there. Then, with the plotting with her partner, I think she plants some kind of "RussHell seed" that gets the others in an uproar, as we see them on the beach. Let's try and think of something that could cause Sarita to "be stressed and freak out"?

Someone planting doubt, that someone in the Zap 6 is plotting with the two girls...but it's not true, and won't pan out....I agree with Krautboy, the boot is most likely Stephanie, but if she proves her worth in the challenge, they may boot Krista first...?

I now think that the Two unlikely castaways unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members while another castaway hides clues to keep their tribe from searching for the idol may be totally referring to the Ometepe's. Two unlikely castaways include Phillip, who is heard on the promo saying Rob is a dictator and I'm waiting to replace the game. and the other could be Andrea, who we know has a grudge against Rob. Phillip was told that Andrea was lower on the totem pole than himself, so I think it would be plausible for him to seek her out. This will all be hyped, however, and not amount to diddly...misdirection.

AS far as the one that is going to outwit in a hilarious way, has to be Rob, as OFG mentioned. He will outwit them with the new clue tlhat comes with reward.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-11, 12:49 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
BRob finds another clue then he shares the first clue and ditches the second one.

Up somewhere I wondered if Sarita got stressed because Russell outed her as leader to the other tribe.

A Tribe masterpiece

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-11, 02:02 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-11 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

I now think that the Two unlikely castaways (who) unite over their shared frustration with their tribe members...may be...referring to the Ometepe's.

This seems more plausible to me, in which the case the title "We Hate Our Tribe", even if said by Stephanie/Krista, would on some level be descriptive of what's going on in both tribes.

There is no "shared frustration" being experienced by two "unlikely" castaways at Zapatera. Stephanie and Krista are a duo, and the other six are solid at the moment, so the only "unlikely" combination would have to be one of Stephanie/Krista with one of the six. But it seems that Stephanie and Krista will be content to try and stir up dissension -- I don't see that screeching to halt so one of them can share some frustration with Sarita or Julie or whoever.

I like your idea of it being Phillip and Andrea. We know from the preview that Phillip is getting irritated with Rob. And Andrea who was put on the back burner this week will have to be wondering where she stands now that Kristina is out. I could see these two having a conversation about how Rob rules the roost and everyone just goes along with what he says and how frustrating that is.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-11-11, 05:58 PM (EST)
39. "Rob "Outwits" to find the clue?"
I'm in agreement with OFG, FP and the others that Rob must be the one who makes Probst laugh and tip his hat.

Since Rob is not the only one who knows to look for a clue hidden somewhere in the reward, he will need to outwit the others somehow so that he can find it before they can. And if he wants to hide the clue to keep them from finding it, he will also have to find the clue without the others realizing it.

If he is able to pull that off, we will want to tip our hats to him...

Krautboy

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-11-11, 06:31 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Rob "Outwits" to find the clue?"
So if Rob pulls out his 1st clue, and pretends that it is the new clue, everybody would stop looking for the new clue, and go off trying to solve clue #1, leaving Rob to search for clue #2.
Sounds to me like the kind of 'outwit' that Jeffy would love!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-11-11, 07:25 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Rob "Outwits" to find the clue?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-11 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

Good idea Chinadj, I think you nailed it!

The first clue was useless anyway, so giving it up would make Rob appear to be a team player, while at the same time tricking the rest of the tribe into stopping their search in the reward, believing the clue was found. Then, when the others go off looking under rocks and in the trees, he would be free to look for the second clue and hide it from them without their being the wiser...brilliant.

Krautboy

03-12-11, 10:05 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Rob "Outwits" to find the clue?"
Yes, it is a good idea, Chinadj! I like it, then Rob and the audience can have a good laugh as they all take off in search of the HII...

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-11, 02:52 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""

This makes me think one of the two(Steph and Krista), probably Stephanie, goes to RI and maybe share some information their. If I was one of the Z6 I won't let any of those two to go there but from the last episode they didn'tshow how Zaps picked Rooster and Sarita but showed how it went at Omes. Phillip got the invitation and cameback to camp and asked if he could go while everyone else were lying down, maybe still asleep. Could it be possible that Steph and Krista could get the invitation and just goes to RI?
Sarita's nervousness could come from Russell pointing her out as the leader, but it could also come from both Steph and Krista going to RI. Or at least one of them goes to RI with one of Z6, perhaps Sarita, and something that Stephanie exchanged with Omes may also be a cause of her frustration.

Next week… one of the best examples of “outwit” I’ve seen in quite a while. You will want to tip your hat to the person behind the feat but you’ll have to do it while wiping away the tears of laughter at how they do it.

I really liked the idea that Chinadj mentioned about Rob giving the first clue out and stop others looking for the second clue and he gets the clue to himself. Really didn'tthought of this and I really think this could be it.
I was thinking of Stephanie and Krista doing something before I read Chinadj's thread. The two shot of them laughing in the woods with their backpacks made me think of what I stated above. Them finding the invitation to RI duel and just going on their own. That would have been controversial but hilarious.
BUT now I'm not sure if that's "outwit" that JP would emphasize so much. Maybe the outwit part comes later when they are at RI or comes back to the camp.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Ep.5 Title "We Hate Our Tribe""
Just wanted to add Steven's ESPN interview here:

Russell is pure maggot. The fool doesn't have a soul -- small-man complex. Now Ralph on the other hand has the biggest heart for everyone and is a huge delight to be around. Loving, hard-working, "honest good ole boy," very entertaining. Mike Chiesl was a solid cat as well.

Note that he says nothing about David, Sarita and Julie so I take it that is how the Zap6 will fracture.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •