The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-25-11, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"

I was reading Andy Dehnart's column on the call sheets, and I noticed this bit:

"There are also planned helicopter shots of stand-ins leaving Tribal Council, so yes, what you see on TV post-Tribal is not the actual tribe departing.

Unlike some of the call sheets I saw on location, this doesn’t have the Dream Team going to wardrobe in advance, but they have outfits that match what the contestants wear, so it’s not obvious that the helicopter shots show stand-ins."

A little late to the discussion, but I just want to bring this up so that we all know that they routinely shoot the stand-in sequence for each TC. Also that they have matching clothing, so that the DTers look like particular castaways.

The interesting thing here is that apparently they do it in more or less "real time" as the show progresses, as they need to have each episode's shot reflect the actual castaways remaining in the game.

So ... the Dreamteamers in the shot should reflect the remaining Murlonia members, even though they are not the actual players. that is not to say there are not other "players" who have not yet walked out onto the bridge. This could have been shot at F5 for example, and picked out as a misleading shot to randomly insert in early footage. It would not make a lot of sense to pick out a shot of the actual DT shoot at F3 and give it to us so early in the season.

I think the Dreamteams in the cap are stand-ins for Rob, Matt or a dreadless Grant, and Natalie.

In Scarlett's SOTS for Ep 6, VolcanicGlass made this wonderful post with more to ponder about these doubles shot at TC. I will re-post it here because it adds so much and I don't want to be referring to the other topic. (I would have bumped that topic, but it was a SOTS, so I wanted a topic that is titled for this discussion.

VG wrote:

The first version of the image that we saw was the one shown during the Preview at the Nicaragua Finale.

The clothes in each of the two groups seem to match the clothes worn by some of the players on Day One.

Note that Rob on the bridge is wearing his shirt in this sequence.

The second version was in the Intro for Survivor Redemption Island. In this one, we don't have the long shot of the entire TC building, just the close-ups. Note that Rob on the bridge is not wearing his shirt in this sequence.

The interesting question is when exactly was the sequence shot, since the inclusion of Rob and Russell was supposed to be a surprise to the other players?

Also noteworthy:
- the clothes are not worn, indicating pre/early game;
- the tribes are mixed up, indicating this could not be pre/post first TC;
- the players were repositioned for various sequences (the group of five on the stairs is in essentially the same formation, but not the same spots in the two different shots, the group on the bridge consists of different players in the two different shots.)

The only thing my post is adding here is the information that Andy pointed out from the call sheets, showing that is a part of shooting an average episode. Thus the clothing will progress as the season goes on.

The shot of Rob on the bridge is not the Rob who just got off the helicopter, as VG pointed out he had a shirt on. It's from a later episode; that's all we really know. If it's pre-merge, it could be Ometepe, if that is Grant in the shot, except that it's not a very good stand-in for Grant's dreads at all.

btw, I was looking at Grant's tweets and he mentioned that he has cut his hair short because the dreads stayed wet too long out there and got stinky. It didn't say when he cut them, of course. It would be interesting if he cut them while still on the show, because then his hair might look like that figure on the left. Or not. You tell me. I agree that the build is much more bulked-up than Matt.

The shots that VG pointed out are clearly (to me) part of some early process where they used stand-ins for promo shots that didn't reflect the reality of the game. They also posed the real players on the arrival beach as was not shown in Ep 1, to get the cast shot. If Rob and Russell were really a surprise, they could not do the cast shot before the game started.

But this bridge photo, SHOULD be part of one of the regular episode shoots.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... dabo 03-26-11 1
 RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... tribephyl 03-26-11 2
   RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... Outfrontgirl 03-26-11 3
       RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... dabo 03-26-11 4
           RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... Outfrontgirl 03-26-11 5
       RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... tribephyl 03-27-11 11
           RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... Outfrontgirl 03-27-11 12
 Who is this? dabo 03-26-11 6
   RE: Who is this? Outfrontgirl 03-27-11 7
   RE: Who is this? Flowerpower 03-27-11 9
       RE: Who is this? Outfrontgirl 03-28-11 14
   comparison shot dabo 03-27-11 10
 RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... Flowerpower 03-27-11 8
   RE: That possible F3 shot with Drea... Outfrontgirl 03-27-11 13
 Bumping Flowerpower 04-21-11 15
   RE: Bumping dabo 04-21-11 16
   RE: Bumping parathor 05-08-11 17
   RE: Bumping Outfrontgirl 05-09-11 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-11, 01:28 AM (EST)
1. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
Don't they pretty much pick what clothes the players will wear/take with them, a day or so before they begin the game? I thought that was pretty much SOP anymore.

I don't usually put much stock in shots of doubles but they do employ these people for second unit shooting and dreamteaming, they've had this is their wardrobe budget from the beginning. And Probst is going all out to sell this Redemption Island nonsense as the great reboot of Survivor, or in other words they are going for a season one feel in all this. And, yes, way way back in season one they did mess around with some stuff like this in title sequences and stuff.

So, maybe.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-11, 01:50 AM (EST)
2. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
While they may very well wear clothing that matches their respective survivor, there is no reason to believe the shot of Natalie, Rob and Matt(Grant) Stand-ins is as F3.

Upon further investigating I can see in the original shots there are also three people on the bridge portion. Rob, Dave and what looks like Julie's dress.

However, with all the mixing of survivors across tribal lines for the original shot (Andrea, Steph, Russ, Grant and Kristina spilling out of TC, with Rob, Dave and Julie on the bridge) and the fact that the Rob/Nat/Matt shot is just the one bridge in the shot it's gonna be hard to say that there aren't just 5 more people of screen?

IOW...I have serious doubts it's our F3.

03-26-11, 04:59 AM (EST)
3. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-11 AT 05:24 AM (EST)

Hmm, well I may very well be wrong that there's any significance to this, but it seems it's not clear what I might be wrong about ...

I'm not suggesting this is the F3.

I am saying that it's farther on in the game than when they took the promo shots. As VG pointed out, in the other shots the doubles wore first day clothes. They couldn't have known then what "look" the players would have down the road after they adapted their clothing to the life "on the island." So the three on the bridge is from later -- how much is the question.

The three are standing on the bridge that leads from the main TC area to the voting confessional. There would never be a reason in the game for three to stand there, so they took this photo for a reason. Maybe they just wanted the look with some pretty silhouettes. It's interesting they are all Ometepe though.

IF the pic means anything, which I'm not saying it does, I would expect it to be more like F5 or F4.

What I found interesting about the call sheets info is not that it provided proof of a spoiler, but that it showed the pics COULD be taken later. They do continue to shoot the Dreamteamer doubles for every TC so that they can get the iconic shot of the survivors walking in with the torches. That shot would have been real in the first two seasons, when they really walked to TC with torches lit.

Later on, they transported the players to the TC, by boat or vehicle. Then dropped them off to walk a short ways. They now come in with unlit torches. You know, I wouldn't like to think of a van full of stinky people with lit torches, so it makes sense.

But I guess that they still want the shot, as a line of people walking holding torches with no fire is not too visual. (Could they not put some fire in a "station" where they could light torches and then walk in? Can they not be trusted to carry lit torches?)

Anyhow, the DT's job is to enact the TC entry and possibly the TC departure, so it's kind of interesting they would shoot these other shots, not sure why they would shoot them in the early episodes. I can see why they might shoot some extra stuff as the game gets near the end, once they know who is the late game. Then they have shots that won't be outdated right away if they use them to mess with us early in the season.

Of course the number one message this pic shouts is that Boston Rob is going far, and I think that, given Rob's fanbase, there is an investment in promoting Rob's longevity. He didn't make the merge last time, and with so much riding on this theme of R v. R, and one R going out first from his tribe -- they want people to have hope who love Rob that he will stay in the game.

But they wouldn't know on Day 3 whether he was sticking around, and they don't want to give false hope. They would want to create this shot later, when they knew he lasted. We know he lasts for a while because he arrived with a chubby face and had quite the skinny face when he got home -- and Rob seems to like to eat, so he must not have been on the jury since it started, because they all plump up.

ed. to fix sig pic

03-26-11, 03:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
Second unit earning their pay. There is no reason they couldn't have had these stand-in body double dreamteamers out there for hours getting hundreds of shots in multiple combinations. Afterwards they sort through what they have, toss out any that don't suit their dramatic purposes, the rest are saved until post production. Anything they have that would satisfy an F3 would be assessed in post production. It doesn't have to be F3 even, just some significance. Final decisions are made higher up the chain of command.

It may not mean anything. It may mean something but not necessarily F3. Could just be these three are still in it at the start of the finale. Maybe they finish fourth, third, runner-up. Who knows.

03-26-11, 05:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
Yeah I doubt it would be F3. Late game would be all I would hope for.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-11, 08:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
I took that it was F3 because that was in the title.
But I do see your points regarding general longevity status of certain survivors.

However, it must be noted that production (and their use of dreamteamers) can be very misleading as well.
Case in point...

We were seeing a soon-to-be Rooster boot due to this shot with his "dreamteamers" shorts during the domino challenge on Redemption Island. We now know how this has turned out to be wrong.

I could cite the differences of longshots versus challenge shots being of different importance to editors but generally speaking ... and to go off tangent for just a moment... If an Academy award winning film can still retain dozens of continuity glitches it goes to show the science of set-design is not so exact.

Yet over and above all, despite my fear of going down the road of dreamteam speculating, I am very aware that my % rating for getting things correct are miserable. If it does so turn out that Grant, Rob and Natalie are the F3 AND that Grant wins, I will eat a witchetty grub. With relish.

In truth, I LVOE Grant. I can think of nothing better than him as the winner. So in truth, you're preaching to the choir. However, in a season were Redemption is the theme I believe the winner will be edited as someone who does indeed receive redemption.
There is still time to develop stories but from the stuff we have going so far Matt, Phillip, Andrea, Sarita, Steve and to a degree David and Stephanie all have the redemptive story beginnings.
Rob perhaps, in the bigger scope of redemption for the multiple times he's been on before. But he surely hasn't needed redemption since the beginning of this season. He's getting it all right, in my book.
Goodness, I totally got off topic there.

03-27-11, 09:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
It's all on topic tribe!

I put "possible F3" in the heading to show that I wasn't committing. Actually the F3 speculation belongs entirely to others (I first remember FlowerPower bringing it to our attention), and it surfaced in the SOTS topic. I am not the one who first started scrutinizing this cap, nor did I really have an opinion on it.

However, when I saw the info about the helicopter shots of the simulated TC walk and the matching clothes, I thought it was relevant and resurrected the discussion. That cap was stuck in for a reason, the question is why, truth, misdirection, or something in-between.

What I found of note was learning the dream-teamers shoot double shots each episode to the end. Whether or not that cap pans out, it's an interesting piece of info, because typically whenever we've established it is "just" Dreamteamers then we dismiss it as meaningless.

Now we know there would not be DTers dressed like and resembling a player if that player weren't still in the game. I mean, they COULD mock up any player at any time, but what they need for production is a facsimile of the group that walks to TC and those who participate in the challenges that episode (occasionally used).

The Ralph swim trunks were not Ralph's. We only thought they were because at the time we got that cap, we only had a cap of the very top of Ralph's trunks. His are a different print, as it turns out.

Those hibiscus print board shorts are so common, that for a dream-teamer to be wearing them as part of the challenge demonstration doesn't necessarily mean they were trying to look like Ralph. Maybe, maybe not. They could have used his exact shorts print.

Anyhow, I share your Grant love. The guy is a class act.
He could be redeemed. He could be backstabbed in the post-merge because he is a challenge beast, and could duel his way back in. I can dream.

There is too much game left, IMHO, to say that anyone is out of the running.
For example, Jenna Morasca got edited as petty, vain, selfish, cliquish, and not particularly strategic -- until the very late game when she pulled herself out of a cold-induced funk, saved Heidi with the necklace, and won the last challenges.

03-26-11, 11:39 PM (EST)
6. "Who is this?"
This is something I've been wondering about.

I was looking at Grant's tweets and he mentioned that he has cut his hair short because the dreads stayed wet too long out there and got stinky. It didn't say when he cut them, of course. It would be interesting if he cut them while still on the show

03-27-11, 00:54 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Who is this?"
Could be a Grant-teamer!

Rob was threatening to cut the dreads off. Could be foreshadowing.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-11, 06:17 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Who is this?"
OFG: Thanks for posting that picture here as well. I also noticed it. I was thinking that it looked like one of the muscular men, but the hair was different...Grant/Mike? But, the fact that he cut his hair has me intrigued as well, especially when we heard last episode, during the spa day, that Rob wants to cut his hair!!!

It will be fun to keep all of these in mind as the season progresses. And, I 'm sure that more pics like these will continue to be posted by SEG, now we have a place to deposit them and chew them up! Thanks!

03-28-11, 00:18 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Who is this?"
These were the tweets on Grant's hair. Nothing to say when it was cut of course, but how long would it take for them to get the wet stinky smell that he didn't like? Maybe not that long. They have a scissors ... makeover time coming?

-----------
@GrantMattos what happened to the hair?

GrantMattos: Unfortunately the dreads remained wet for too long while in Nicaragua and that leads to smelly locks...round 2 coming up!

03-27-11, 02:54 PM (EST)
10. "comparison shot"

stealth r us

03-27-11, 06:13 AM (EST)
8. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
Hiya OFG! Wow, you have done alot of homework here, and it's VERY impressive. I love it when we get extra investigation, above and beyond, so to speak!

You bring up some fascinating points, I might add. This was all very intriguing to me, as I was all over that shot of Rob, ?who I thought was Phillip?, and Natalie. Why were only those three pictured at the TC bridge? Now that I am hearing all of this with the dreamteamers, I'm enlightened. I had no idea that they went to such lengths by dressing them in identical clothing.

The early shot has Andrea, Kristina, Russell, Grant, and Stephanie. That definitely is an interesting combination....3 Ometepe's and 2 Zaps. Then the one with Rob and David, and as you noted, David is in his suit, and Rob is in his original clothing.

If they tend to use stand-ins for those that are still in the game later, definitely, there could indeed be something to that picture of who I now think is Matt, Rob, and Natalie....wow, that final three perks me right up! And, I might add, if there is something indeed about this theory of yours, we just may have ANOTHER OFG 3 theory....wouldn't that be fun!

Thanks for yet again, finding something else that could possibly help us spoil the show. I suppose we are going to have to keep this thread handy for observations as the time progresses. I know I will!

03-27-11, 09:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: That possible F3 shot with Dreamteamers"
You're too kind, FP!

Indeed you were all over it and brought it to everyone's attention.

Not that you mind, but all I am doing is pulling it out of oblivion in the SOTS and giving it its own topic. That is a great idea to put any future dream-teamer or intriguing caps into this same topic.

These three were definitely posed and with the knowledge that everyone would notice that distinctive baseball cap.

04-21-11, 08:09 AM (EST)
15. "Bumping"
I thought I would bump this thread to still consider the picture of what some speculate could possibly be our Final three...we do see a double for Rob and Natalie, but, who is the third person supposed to be....some think Phillip, some think Matt...

Is there something to this shot?

04-21-11, 04:49 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bumping"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-11 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

I see Matt. With 8 players, 4 at Redemption and 4 in Ometepe, at the start of finale, this could mean nothing in terms of finish order. They have been using the Zap shot lately after the silhouette solo shot.

parathor 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-08-11, 02:52 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Bumping"
The pic is looking more and more prophetic. I'll bet on the left-side person being Grant, and that this is probably F3 (although a Natalie boot this week is totally possible - especially if the "worst thing to happen, happened" means Ashley wins immunity...)

05-09-11, 10:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Bumping"
I think the person on the left is Matt. No one else has gleaming blond hair.

IF Matt is the returnee, then they would at earliest use the stand-ins in this combination for the first TC in the Finale. If Natalie gets booted this time, then she and Matt would never be in at TC together.

The producers could certainly decide to bring in a stand-in for an eliminated player if they want to do a fake shot. IF they foresee needing such a shot.

I don't think this is the F3. I always thought it was something they threw together around the F5. They may even have shot different combinations. Throwing a true final three shot into the early promos seems to me not to fit with their desire to keep this season unspoiled.

My question this week is whether Natalie's stand-in being present in conjunction with Matt's means that she survives this week.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •