The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-10, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
***Attention: This discussion thread is a “SPOILER-FREE ZONE” ! ***
Please limit your discussion to observations made about the events depicted in the Vidcaps and your analysis of those observations. Feel free to include speculation of how the outcome of those events might affect this week’s episode, if those conclusions can be drawn from the vidcap analysis, but refrain from speculating about future events, not depicted in these vidcaps.

This is an experiment to see if the Vidcap Thread can function as a common ground where the Unspoiled and Spoiled can co-habitate in the Spoiler Forum.

Thanks for your cooperation and courtesy!

Here are this weeks promo vidcaps, coutesy of Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...Naonka's antics have the tribe in an uproar.

Chase: I was just shocked that Naonka would do something so stupid.

Fabio: Naonka obviously wasn't thinking straight, we gotta get her out, now.

Dan: If one of the guys had done that, I would have told them to just get the out of here and don't come back.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... kiki_k 11-18-10 1
   RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Flowerpower 11-18-10 2
       RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Brownroach 11-18-10 4
           RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... CTgirl 11-18-10 5
               RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Brownroach 11-18-10 8
                   RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... CTgirl 11-18-10 9
                       RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... dabo 11-18-10 11
                           RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Brownroach 11-18-10 19
                               RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... dabo 11-19-10 23
                       RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Brownroach 11-18-10 12
                       RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... michel 11-18-10 22
   RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Georjanna 11-18-10 3
       RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... CTgirl 11-18-10 6
       RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Brownroach 11-18-10 7
           RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Flowerpower 11-18-10 10
               RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... dabo 11-18-10 13
               RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Georjanna 11-18-10 14
               RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Brownroach 11-18-10 15
                   RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... dabo 11-18-10 17
 RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... Outfrontgirl 11-18-10 16
   RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free... dabo 11-18-10 18
   Whoopsie.... Flowerpower 11-18-10 20
       RE: Whoopsie.... Outfrontgirl 11-18-10 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-10, 07:49 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 07:57 AM (EST)

Um, Fabio is wearing the Immunity Necklace in that one pic -- does CBS just not care any more?

eta: OR is this just a ruse and this "promo" is for the recap and all of this is from when NaOnka stole the food (and Fabio won IC along with Jane)? If so, I call b.s. -- CBS should have advertised it as a recap episode.

11-18-10, 09:39 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

does CBS just not care any more?

KiKi, you just hit the nail on the head. Last episode CBS spelled out everything regarding any mystery that they had....the camp burns, the IC, and who wins the IC (A big fat IMMUNITY stamped right over Jane), the RC, who wins the RC. They have got to get with the program and keep a little more hidden.

Indeed, Fabio has the IC Necklace...this is NOT the recrap promo...

Regarding the OFG theory: NaOnka, Chase, Holly, Dan (Clearly, not Fabio)

***ETA: In the Ponderosa clip, Pt 2 with Brenda, they note that they are going back to TC the NEXT NIGHT. Brenda comes to Ponderosa on one night, and the very next night is TC....a 1 day cycle!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 01:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

But I was wondering too if they're showing footage from when she stole the food. Certainly all the reaction comments fit, I think at least those come from that episode, even if the shots of her are new.

Here are caps of Jud from the previews for that Ep, in which he won immunity:

And wearing the necklace in the current preview:

His hair looks exactly the same length, should it look longer after 8-9 days? Facial hair also looks the same, though he's not likely to get heavy facial hair.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 02:33 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

I thought the same thing BR. Fabio won immunity at merge which is when Nayoinka stole the food, correct?

Here is a vidcap from that episode thanks to immunityidol.net:

He did not have any confessionals following the immunity win. We only saw him talking with Alina in the woods. Immunity Idol.net puts up a vidcap of every scene.

11-18-10, 04:08 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

He did not have any confessionals following the immunity win.

True, but we do know that he wanted to vote out Naonka that week, which is what he's saying in the "future" confessional.

11-18-10, 04:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
That's what I meant - I was in a rush to post. He won immunity the same episode Naonka stole the food and everything he's talking about in the vidcaps could easily have taken place at that time. He didn't have any confessionals about it on air then, but we know they would have footage from it. Guess I didn't really verbalize my thought process! And then Georgianna put all the rest of the pieces together confirming this.

So maybe the recap episode will be the "Naonka Show." Didn't they play up Russell in the Survivor 19 recrap? My how Survivor has changed!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 04:27 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Makes sense. Sometimes they put things in promos that are never shown in the episode.

Been trying to remember exactly:

Did Dan make the "if she was a man" comment about Holly (shoes), NaOnka (food) or both?

11-18-10, 06:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
I think Dan did say something similar when Holly sank his shoes, but here he has a heavy beard that matches the one in the Ep 8 cap Georjanna posted. Maybe it's his all-purpose observation whenever a woman does something he disapproves of.

11-19-10, 01:33 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Thank you, I thought that was the case. Just a little tidbit to tuck away, may or may not mean anything: Dan has ye ol' Hell's Kitchen chivalry gene.

11-18-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
I knew what you meant, CT, I was intending to agree with you that even though we didn't see the confessional we could still surmise that it happened during that Ep.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 09:31 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Also, the Gabon recrap featured Corinne's "best" rants. They must think we love this stuff...

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 01:36 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

These first four shots of NaOnka 'walking away' are from the Episode 8 Vidcap Thread:

And the following two of NaOnka 'walking away' are from the vidcaps posted above. Note the same clothes and scarf arrangement.

The following vidcap of Dan and Benry is, again, from the Episode 8 Vidcap Thread:

And the one below of Dan and Benry is from the vidcaps above:

So, I think it's pretty safe to say that at least some of these 'new' vidcaps are from recycled (recap) footage. And I suspect that, as you suggested that they might be, they all are: I think that I vaguely recall Dan's 'If she were a man ... ' speech.

11-18-10, 02:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Great job Georgianna. I agree!

11-18-10, 02:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Very nice, Georjanna! So even the Naonka shots are old.

Also, Fabio then:
>
>

And Fabio now then:

The way the right side of his buff is folded looks almost identical in both, though it's hard to tell exactly from the different angles. Also he's in two different places so he might have shifted it a little in between.

11-18-10, 04:26 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Boy, My BAD! Georgiana, you are so right! Congrats for noticing and putting it all together. I feel like this season I have only been paying mediocre attention to the shows, I didn't even recall Fabio winning Immunity in that episode....Last night had my attention though

So, these are the recrap preview vidcaps then?

11-18-10, 05:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
I think so. I hope it isn't mainly a NaOnka show along with a tedious rehash of the season thus far, might put me off ham night before Thanksgiving.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 05:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Hi!

So, these are the recrap preview vidcaps then?

Yes. And the blub for the Promo on the CBS site (now) confirms that they are. See below.

"Next On: We Did It Guys
Posted on Nov 17, 2010 9:05pm

CBS Promo

New scenes shed light on the castaways and decisions made in the competition... Watch Now"

As for "BAD": Never!

And while I was still fumbling around, Kiki, Brownroach and CTGirl had already posted the gist of the story.

So...
Hooray for all of us!

But, I will admit that with my record, getting a Vidcap right feels really good ...

11-18-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

Here's what I think:

The promo is supposed to be for the next consecutive episode, not the recrap, because it merely says "Next time on Survivor..." as the previews always do.

So Naonka is going to start acting up again in the next episode, but they chose to illustrate that by using what she's already done so far to irritate people, instead of showing what's coming up.

I know it's highly abnormal for them to create an entire teaser of recycled scenes to promo a new episode, but that's what I think they've done.

ETA: which is not to say there won't be a recrap next week. I just don't think this was a promo for it.
(and ed. again for clarity of thought)

11-18-10, 06:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
Two birds with one stone perhaps?

With Brenda out of the way NaOnka may assume she's in power, or try to move to fill the presumed vacancy in leadership. If she is trying to turn her game around and position herself for the win it makes good TV no matter how it turns out.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 05:56 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
I am so confused. I am grateful as always to FloPo for posting the vidcap topic, but I thought we agreed in dabo's topic that the spoiler free vidcaps was a one week experiment and this week we would go back to allowing spoilers in this topic and initiate an all purpose spec topic for those who want to go unspoiled?

I have a big question about what these caps show but can't even get near it without spoilers. Also, last episode was Ep 10 and if there ia a new topic it should be 11. I know the title can't be edited on this one.

I am sorry to barge in, but it's frustrating to have nowhere to spoil (or not until CBS hands it to everyone, if they decide to do that again.)

11-18-10, 06:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep 10 Vidcaps,*****Spoiler Free Zone****"
I'm assuming FloPo didn't get the memo. Been wondering all day whether to start another vidcap thread, guess we should. Hang on.

11-18-10, 06:27 PM (EST)
20. "Whoopsie...."
OFG, I really apologize. I have not been following along in the "Restore Sanity" thread and I did not see that the no spoilers in the vidcaps was a one week deal. I also screwed up on the week, as I see now that it's week 11. Please accept my apologies.... Spoilers should not have to worry about posting whatever in the Spoiler Forum.

Sorry everyone! My BAD!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 07:13 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Whoopsie...."
FloPo,
no apology needed whatsoever. I realize you are not following the discussion closely.

Please feel free to stop by the "spoiled" topic. I can live with keeping it to this week's spoilers. One of the saddest things for me about this whole divide, is that some of the finest spoiling talents of the community such as yourself are not available to solve the questions of the week that are truly questions.

It is far from the case that there is nothing to be spoiled after reading the sources.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •