The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-07-10, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Jeff Probst Cast Assessment

Always fun ...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 More Impressions: michel 01-08-10 1
 RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... sol 01-10-10 2
 RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... sol 01-10-10 3
 RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... dabo 01-10-10 4
   RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... michel 01-10-10 5
       RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... Brownroach 01-11-10 6
           RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... michel 01-11-10 9
               RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... Brownroach 01-12-10 11
       RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... SuperClyde 01-11-10 7
   RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... dabo 01-16-10 17
 RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... smokedog 01-11-10 8
   RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... michel 01-11-10 10
       RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... tribephyl 01-12-10 12
   RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... Outfrontgirl 01-13-10 13
       RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... michel 01-13-10 14
           RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... tribephyl 01-13-10 15
               RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... Round Robin 01-14-10 16
                   RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... PepeLePew13 01-16-10 18
                       RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interv... Round Robin 01-17-10 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-10, 08:15 PM (EST)
1. "More Impressions:"
There's this EW feature called "Survivor cast: Why I'll win".

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20334778,00.html

Each contestant gives out their views of the game and Probst adds his comments.

Funniest lines went someting like:
Courtney: "I could be overrated. Maybe they were short one blonde."

James: "I'm like Charly Brown; Lucy always takes the ball away."

Sugar, James, Cirie, Parvati and a few others already have targets. Russell wants to have Boston Rob think he's riding his coattails in order to vote him out.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-10, 12:40 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
At TVGuide Jeff reveals that he had a major role in choosing the cast. Also, the cast weren't told about the theme until they arrived on the island.

Probst says the first episode will open with the cast being informed of their hero or villain status, news that came as a surprise to some of the stunned players. "When all the villains found out they were a villain, they said, 'I'm a villain??!," says the host. "Boston Rob took particular offense to being called a villain, but I told him, 'How can you not be a villain? You lured Lex into saving your girl, and then you cut his throat.' That's beautiful villain behavior.'"

Fortunately, Probst says that by the time participants learned their fates, it was too late to bail out. "We were already out there when we told them," he says. "So they couldn't leave."

TVGuide says that JP teases that heroes can become villains and villains can become heroes. A switch? Or just some villains doing heroic deeds while some heroes acting villainous?

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-10, 12:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
At http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/06/survivor-heroes-vs-villains-cast/ Dalton Ross reveals

The filming for Heroes Vs. Villains commenced on August 9 on the island on Apia in Samoa at the same two campsites used for season 19. (Filming wrapped in mid-September just before the tsunami that devastated the island.) The contestants arrived for the start of the game via four New Zealand military helicopters and were immediately thrust into a brutally physical challenge that results in one topless player and two painful injuries. (All of the challenges will be based on classic challenges from past seasons.) The season premiere will air February 11 at 8pm on CBS.

The arrival in helicopters got my heart racing and the music - Ride of the Valkyries - was exhilarating. I can hardly wait. And I plan to go spoiler free this season.

With a brutal physical challenge immediately after a happy reunion with Jeff ... ouch. Especially when two players get painful injuries.

And one player goes topless ... who will it be?

And the premiere is 2 hours. 2 boots? We don't need as much time to get to know all-stars as we do a new cast.

Is Sugar ready for a physical challenge? Nice beach footwear.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-10, 04:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-10 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Probst on players (transcribed)

Tom Westman is probably the greatest overall winner we've had. And by that I simply mean everybody liked him across the board. Nobody who watched Palau said, "I wish Tom hadn't have won."

Colby Donaldson, when you look up "heroes" in Survivor, he's the first. I think Colby has something to prove. He came back in the All-Star season and was pretty flat. He had a lot of hype around him and he didn't do much. Nine years later he's in better shape than he was the first time around and he seems very focussed.

Candice Woodcock I think is a surprise to a lot of people. Mutiny is a big thing. Nobody had ever done it before Candice, and nobody has ever done it since. And it was, "If you don't like the tribe you're on step off the mat." She stepped off the mat, and the reason being was, "I belong on that tribe, that's who I want to win with, that's who I'm loyal to, they need me." We saw that as heroic. A lot of people see mutiny as villainous, in this case we didn't.

Stephanie LaGrossa, I mean her first season in Palau, she was one of the most heroic women to ever play. Left alone, the last remaining person on her tribe, fought her way and actually ended up merged with the other group and still stayed alive deep into the show. I don't think there's any question Stephanie's a hero and a lot of people will probably be rooting for her again.

Amanda Kimmel, the only person, I'm pretty sure, in the history of Survivor to play the game for 78 days. She went to the final both times. The only thing Amanda lacks from being the greatest female hero ever is the closing argument. She needs to go watch The Verdict, watch Paul Newman work the jury over. That's what you've got to do in this game to win.

James Clement is a guy massive in size, he's just sort of the quiet giant. I'm not sure about James' desire to win. James was a guy voted out with two idols in is pocket; two hidden immunity idols, he didn't play either of them. I think what James has learned is it's not about the challenges, it's about the talkers. I think that's where James' education needs to come into play if he's going to win.

Rupert Boneham: If you're going to do heroes versus villains you have to have Rupert. He is probably the most popular player ever, kids still love that tie-dyed pirate with the beard, spearing fish and saying, (shakes fist) "AAAA!" And Rupert is still the same. He's a little bit older but he's still got the beard, he's still got the tie-dye, and I think kids are still going to want to see him get in the water and look for fish.

Jessica "Sugar" Kiper: Sugar is an interesting choice for hero because she gave us another dimension. Sugar's whole game was "I want good people to win." So by definition she is a heroine because she wants goodness. She did her best to get bad people out of the game, and I think Sugar is back to try and make that happen again. Sugar's probably the type to say, "I don't care if I win as long as somebody on my tribe of heroes does."

James "JT" Thomas: If there's a guy who could rival Tom Westman for being one of the most likeable guys to win the game, it's JT. Played a great game. Very much like Tom, athletic when he had to be, social when he needed to be, had a really good alliance, and knew when to cut it loose. Tom had Ian, JT had Stephen, both of them took them all the way down to the end and they cut 'em loose and won the game. JT's definitely a hero.

Cirie Fields is the woman who got off the couch and played Survivor. Now Cirie is back for a third time and she's very different. Cirie is a very confident woman. Physically she looks different, mentally she's different. She now knows she can do anything. If she can last the first five or six episodes she will be a major threat to win.

Randy Bailey called himself the king of Gabon. He was one of the most despicable people, Randy's a wedding photographer who hates love. Randy had no one to come visit him during the "loved ones," had he had a loved one visit there was nobody coming. Randy's a villain, and the thing about Randy he loves being a villain, he's glad you don't like him because he doesn't like you either.

Courtney Yates is such a clever villain that I dedicated an entire segment to her in the Survivor: China live show. Courtney may only weigh 95 pounds but she can slice and dice you with her language like nobody else. She knows she's not the strongest woman, but she also knows how to play the game and find her way. And, man, when she's doing her interviews, she will destroy you.

Sandra Diaz-Twine is a quiet villain, but Sandra is for sure a villain. Sandra did things in the Pearl Islands like dump all the tribe food, all the fish they had, and then set it up so that her friend Christa would take the blame, and then never tell anybody it was Christa. Sandra won the game doing stuff like that. Her whole mantra in Survivor: Pearl Islands was "As long as it ain't me." That's a villain.

Parvati Shallow engineered one of the greatest female alliances ever. They took out all of the people that were loyal to them. They don't have a friend in James any more, they don't have a friend in Ozzy any more. And Parvati was the ringleader of that group, and for that Parvati is in my book a villain in the game. And is definitely somebody that could win again.

Russell Hantz: I think it says a lot about Survivor that 19 seasons in we still found somebody who in one season cracked the top five most notorious male villains of all time. And that's Russell. Russell is the most devious player ever. Russell is full-on devious. And after what he did in 19 those guys better watch out because he will damn sure do it abgain in 20.

Tyson Apostol is a really interesting villain for a lot of reasons. One is he's a Morman and he's a despicable villain; as he said in his season, "I love making people cry." He really does, I don't think it's a put-on. I think he really didn't like a lot of the people in his tribe and let them know. I'm hoping that Tyson lasts long enough that we can got some of those one-liners. And also see what will happen if Tyson gets in an alliance that doesn't betray him.

Jerry Manthey is the poster child for the Black Widow, she is the ultimate female femme fatale. And, man, lo and behold, nine years later Jerri still looks good. She looks pretty much like she did the first season. And she's got a different way she wants to play. Even though she's on the villains tribe I think she wants to play more heroic. It will be interesting to see if that works out.

Danielle DiLorenzo: I think Danielle could last for awhile. What Danielle is really good at is alligning with the right people and then staying out of the way. And like she did in her season, she got down to a situation where she knew she was going to be in a tie-breaker, she needed to know how to make fire, Terry helped her make fire, and then she betrayed him and voted him out and cost him a million bucks. That makes her a villain, and I'd say makes her a decent threat to be in the game way past the merge.

"Boston Rob" Mariano, for me it was a no-brainer. The only question for me was would he do it. Rob married Amber, who he met during Survivor: All-Stars, asked her to marry him during the live show, then had a televised wedding when they did get married. And they just had a baby. And now he's coming back out here to play. And I think one of the guiding philosophies for Rob was "You know what, everything we really have came as a result of Survivor." And if I were betting and I had one shot to put my money on somebody, I'd put it on Rob.

Ben "Coach" Wade: The thing about Coach that I find so fascinating is people absolutely hated Coach. He didn't do anything. An interesting thing aboat Coach is that he said, "Last time I played for the honor of the game, this time I'm playing for the glory." This time Coach wants to win. Can he win? No. But if somebody's smart they will take Coach with them deep into the game because he's entertaining as hell, he'll keep you laughing. And he's really no threat to ever beat you.

01-10-10, 06:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Jeff says that some players were surprised to be villains or heroes and judging from his own reasoning, you can see why.

Saying Danielle is a villain because she "cost him (Terry) a million bucks" has to be the stupidest one. Jeff, why don't you simply come out and say you wanted Terry to win? The reasons given for Candice, Courtney and Sandra are also very weak.

Parvati and Cirie were both part of the female alliance so why one a villain and the other a hero?

Coach didn't do anything? Doesn't Jeff remember Coach's horrible treatment of Candace and Erinn?

StepheMe could have been on either tribe after her Guatemala showing while Sugar deciding who are the "good people" makes her a villain in the opinion of many. In my opinion, Sugar shouldn't have been re-invited.

And when exactly did JT cut Stephen loose? Does Jeff watch the show?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-10, 10:44 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-10 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

Hah. I suspected the "reasoning" behind Danielle's placement might be the Terry thing. Pretty lame, I agree.

ETA--
Probst:
Jerry Manthey is...the ultimate female femme fatale.

Uh, I think femmes fatales are by necessity female, Jeff.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

01-11-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Well, maybe Jeff had surprises with femmes fatales that he couldn't tell were not females! Now, he wants to avoid any confusion.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-10, 04:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Good point. Can we say "The Crying Game"?

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-11-10, 12:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
I think they had the theme, they picked the all-stars they wanted back, and they were then forced to shoehorn the all-stars into one extreme label or another.

JT did some sneaky stuff, but he's a hero because we liked him. Same with James. Same with Colby.

Boston Rob and Sandra, though both well liked, were villains because, well, they needed to fill out both teams with some plausible reasoning.

To be honest, my heroes included Courtney, who was small, considered weak, undeniably hilarious, and made it to the end. But they needed to come up with reasoning, and I guess "hero because SuperClyde loves her" wasn't sufficient.

Likewise I find Rupert and Stephenie insufferably tedious, but that wasn't enough to get them onto the villains side.

In sum, they had the theme and they needed to come up with some argument to split these 20 people into two teams, each with exactly 5 men and 5 women. Sure, the arguments for the sweeping labels were sometimes weak, but they have a game to produce.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
I didn't bother transcribing Jeff's intro (or whatever else was presented other than Jeff's assessments). Here's the intro:

When it came to figuring out what would we want to do for our 20th anniversary, we started saying, "Who would the audience want to see again?" And then it kind of revealed itself that the one thing they kinda all had in common was they were either a hero or a villain. They were either really well liked or despised. And I think it was Burnett who said let's just do that, let's just do heroes vs. villains.

This is Jeff wearing his producer cap. Assessing his assessments in that light --

Tom was cast because he's popular.

Colby is also popular, may be looking for a career boost.

Jeff felt the need to explain Candice being cast as a hero. Given the opportunity she may make unexpected plays (like turning into a villain?).

Stephanie was cast for her popularity, which vanished in her second season which Probst ignores. Her going deep in the Palau game is a bit overblown.

Amanda has a target on her back from the outset.

James was cast for popularity.

Rupert was strictly cast for his popularity, he makes good TV.

Sugar isn't a strong player but you want her on your side as long as she's in the game.

JT's popularity is a bit overblown, he needed Steven to mastermind his game; likeable guy but you still will need closed captioning to understand half of what he says.

Cirie was under-rated both times by the other players in her games, if she appears to be a threat she's doomed.

Randy is a character, cast strictly to make TV and generate water cooler talk. Possible Axis of Evil character.

Courtney is entertaining.

Fairplay sucked up all the supervillain wind in Pearl Islands, Sandra was the one who saw through him and seemed heroic in comparison. Can she do well on a tribe of villains?

In Survivor terms, Parvati is top dog of the Axis of Evil.

Russell is the goat of the Axis of Evil. In a sense Russell lucks out, the other players haven't seen his game or his head would be one of the first on the chopping block.

Tyson is a character.

Jerri was the one player who tried in the first All-Stars to turn over a new leaf. I don't think she has much of a chance to win the game but she may do better without idiots like GutLex to deal with, should be interesting to see what she tries this time. Like Colby, she's probably out for a career boost.

Danielle has good game up to a point.

Boston Rob is a mega-DAW. I have to say it, I'm very disappointed in Rob for signing on for this. Stay home, you have a new baby! On the plus side, he cannot play the same latch-onto-a-girlfriend game this time as he played in Marquesas and All-Stars, now he's a married family man.

Coach Ben is strictly a character, the Reverend Jim of Survivor.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-11-10, 03:16 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
C'mon, do we think of any of these people are heroes? They may be popular (maybe) but are definitely not heroic. That's real world stuff.

That said, I will look forward to the ego boost (as if they need it) of those who are branded heroes and watch them strut around with their heads swollen.

01-11-10, 07:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"

>That said, I will look forward
>to the ego boost (as
>if they need it) of
>those who are branded heroes
>and watch them strut around
>with their heads swollen.

And, watch them walk directly to loser lodge. The villains will have additional motivation to make them pay for that.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-10, 07:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
A lodge full of heroes?
All we need is chips and beer!

True, your statement of additional motivation. Once labeled, the villains are sure to do anything to shed that label. Whether by demolishing the Heroes tribe or becoming heroic Villains on their own.
All excepting Randy, who would wear the label proudly and Coach who strangely finds peace with labels.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-10, 05:27 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
In the EW interviews, which seemed to be done while they were all on Samoa as one group, informed of the theme, but prior to the sort - some of them get asked which tribe they'll be on.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/06/survivor-heroes-vs-villains-cast/
Watch Boston Rob's - pretty funny.

Parvati - hope I'm a hero, don't see why I'd be a villain. (Ozzy might think so).
Steph - I don't see myself as a hero or a villain. ... I think I'm somewhat of a joy to be around. I'm not annoying.
Sandra - I'm a hero. I'm not no villain. I'm a good girl. (followed by most bleeps for say sh*t)
Coach - I'm both at the same time. Off camera hero, on camera antics, villain ...
Danielle - I would say a hero.
Jerri - doesn't care about redeeming her character this time.
Candice - expected to be a villain as a mutineer.

01-13-10, 08:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Thanks for bringing this, the videos were quite funny.

They also answered 2 early questions about the challenge injuries: Stephenie's the one that hurts her shoulder but it was a pre-existing condition and Rupert breaks his toe. We see him with a bandage around his big toe. Now, who goes topless?

I liked Courtney's comment about jury performance. Dalton had said that Amanda could be a good ally because she's the worst at giving jury speeches. Courtney looked at the camera and said: "At least she got votes both times. I know someone who got no votes. You know I'm talking about you."
Hilarious considering she's dating Stephen from Tocantins!!!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-10, 10:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
rumor has it the topless one is Sugar.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-14-10, 00:21 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
Hope the blur person is on strike that night!

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-10, 04:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
The blur person is probably going to be too preoccupied with keeping Amanda covered up that Sugar (if she`s the one) gets overlooked before the episode airs.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-17-10, 11:18 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jeff's First Impressions Interview"
They did seem to have to work overtime keeping Amanda's butt crack blurred out the 2 seasons she was on. I can think of lots of things I'd rather see than Amanda's butt crack.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •