The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Insider Videos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-08, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Insider Videos"
This week's theme was the contrast between the tribes: Nukota is cool and Nufang is drool. Jacquie starts us out with her "final words" and "day after" interviews. (Nufang is miserable, unfriendly, back-stabbing, untrusting and dysfunctional. Nukota has intelligent and friendly players) Susie, and Dan continue the theme in their personal interviews and a couple of scenes drive the point home...

player density - interviews of the 14 remaining players 10 were featured in personal interviews,who they were and what they talked about: 1)Matty-Eden; 2)Kelly-strategy; 3)Randy-snoring; 4)Susie-new tribe; 5)Ken-flirting; 6)Bob-puzzle skills; 7)Dan-new tribe; 8)Corrine-new tribe/Randy's cool; 9)Crystal-Jacques pleas; and 10)Sugar-exile. the first 7 were new material and the last two were as seen on the show. Randy's and Ken's were particularly boring and Bob's was likely taken from the previous week's footage. GC, Ace, Charlie and Marcus had no interviews.

Player density - scene-clips two scene-clips, "Secret Scene Jacquie" and "Jacquie and Ace before tribal council", featured Ace discussing strategy with Jacquie. Another scene-clip, "GC's and Ace's grasshopper hunt", featured Ace with GC as a supporting character. "Randy badmouths GC", features Randy with Marcus just listening. The scene-clip "Nukota after the immunity challenge" (this is the one I would reccommend people watch) features Dan and Randy bashing Nukota, (particularly GC, Ken and Krystal). Corrine, Susie and Bob participate in the conversation but Marcus and Charlie just listen. The final scene-clip, "Nufang spots a Monkey", is just worthless and features Kelly, Ace and Matty.
largely left out of the scene-clips were Sugar, Crystal, Ken, Charlie, Marcus, and Bob. Featured in the scene-clips were Ace, Randy, Dan.

highlights:
In the scene-clip "Randy badmouths GC" Randy assures Marcus that GC will be the first to go. boy is this going to backfire when M sees that jacquie is gone!

In the scene-clip "Jacquie and Ace before tribal council" Ace and Jacque agree that Charlie and Marcus are super-tight and then discuss how to use the HII for their alliance. we dont see how Jacquie knows about the HII, did Ace tell her or did Sugar?

In the interview "Bob on losing previous challenges" Bob tells us that the old Kota tribe discussed that they should have assigned the tasks differently in the puzzle portion of the challenge, using Charlie or Marcus instead of him. why is this scene from last week shown for bob? is there so little material on him or are they making sure to feature him because his last episode is nearing?

In the scene clip "GC's and Ace's grasshopper hunt" we see Ace eat a grasshopper in front of the Nufang tribe where the surprise is that Ace hasn't eaten one before, apparently Fang eats them all the time!

In Dan's interview he fingers Crystal, GC and Ken as the deadweight in the tribe and likely future votees.

"immunity challenge - bog oar deal", "tribe switch", "bringing in the torch", "pulling on my heartstrings", "aquatic Lacrosse", "back to Exile", "time will tell", and "the four of us" are all clips we saw on the show.

two other random things: CBS only seems to have one advertiser as i had to watch the same commercial like a zillion times and CBS uses quotes to refer to "GC" - how funny is that??!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Insider Videos b1whois 10-11-08 1
 RE: Insider Videos b1whois 10-16-08 2
   RE: Insider Videos - alittle bit of... b1whois 10-16-08 4
 RE: Insider Videos treatment of GC b1whois 10-16-08 3
   RE: Insider Videos treatment of GC kircon 10-16-08 5
 RE: Insider Videos Puffy 10-16-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-11-08, 08:28 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Insider Videos"
watch the videos at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/

10-16-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Insider Videos"
here is a link for the transcripts, provided by survivor fever:
http://www.survivorfever.com/s17_insider_ep4.html

10-16-08, 04:53 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Insider Videos - alittle bit of prophecy?"
from transcript "kota after the IC""
Randy: I mean you guys, you didn't have to do anything...
Bob: Oh yeah. I was out in the cold. You wouldn't let me play.

10-16-08, 04:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Insider Videos treatment of GC"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

oi vey, i am the only one talking here....
anyway, i thought i would start working on the B1 corollary to general OFG theory. here we go: even though 10 0f 14 DAWs gave a personal interview, GC has none. in dan's personal interview he refers to GC as one of the "three drains" on fang.
there is one scene-clip that GC is in, but his role is small. GC does, however, have heavy representation in other people's clips. "randy bashes GC" (to marcus) is self-explanatory. and finally, in "Nukota after the immunity challenge", dan tells his new tribe that GC and crystal "dont want to be here".

so, i am waiting to see who goes tonite so that i compare to how that person was treated in the insider clips.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-16-08, 05:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Insider Videos treatment of GC"
You're talking and we're listening.

Thanks for doing this. There is so much to read and watch, it's nice to have some of it summarized. Just like the SOTS.

I try to watch a couple of CBS videos, but there are more videos than time.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-08, 07:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Insider Videos"

I'd like to thank you, too. Keep up the good work!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •