The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-08, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
Since the unspeakable gave us the winner last season in this thing -- this season's Amber : someone's got to have a long talk with him about that -- I thought it might be a good idea to do this again. Once again, I'm combining the EW information with the CBS bios, then adding my own very-probably-wrong commentary. Let's see how we're being toyed with this time around, shall we?

General article notes before we start:

1. Tribe selection is playground pick-'em. (We don't know who goes where yet.) The first challenge comes very quickly after that.
2. The hidden idol comes from an Exi clue again, but each person sent there will have a choice between a clue or a personal Reward -- comfort items. At least one person will take the Reward at a bad time: Jeff has said this could be the dumbest idol strategy season ever (tribal, not individual), and that's comparing it to last season. They wanted to see if anyone would be stupid enough to take comfort over Immunity -- and then they did a standard casting draw. (We are still looking for our Alex.)
3. 'Good vs. evil' develops as a (and possibly the) major theme in a hurry. The two are very easy to tell apart.
4. The season is pretty much romance-free -- despite a few people's best efforts.
5. There are bits of video footage for each contestant at the EW article: I wasn't able to play them. Anyone who wants to and add that information to the thread, feel free. The pages start at http://tinyurl.com/55chy6
6. We are scheduled for a wildlife incident: close encounters of the trunk-packing kind.

And now, our DAWs.

Jessica 'Sugar' Kiper

HOMETOWN: Brooklyn
CBS BIO: Jessica Kiper prides herself on being flirty and fun. When she is not acting, this 29 year old works as a waitress named "Sugar" at '50s diners and enjoys singing and making music. Friends describe this single, free-spirit as crazy, funny and cool. Currently, this blonde pin-up model lives in Brooklyn, N.Y. with her dog, "Major P. Pants," but has spent time living in various places throughout the country including Florida, Rhode Island, Louisiana, and San Francisco and Los Angeles, California.

Jessica can be a bit of a goofball and her laugh is contagious. Although at first glance she may not look tough, despite being adorned with several tattoos, Kiper has been through a lot in her life, including the recent death of her father, whom she called her hero. Despite the struggles she's faced, Kiper has always come out on top. She is ready to bring her spunk, positive attitude and bubbly personality into the game of SURVIVOR and hopes to grow as a person after the experience and win enough money to "get off people's couches."
Jessica was born on February 22, 1979.

SUGAR SAYS: ''I want to make everyone fall in love with me. And I want to be friends with everybody. That's all I got: my personality. I'm not strong.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''She makes every decision from her heart and not her head. She's very emotional, somewhat naïve, and I think when you first look at her, the question is going to be 'Can she hack it out here? Does she have what it takes?' It doesn't take much for Sugar to break into tears.''

Estee thinks: 'Get off people's couches'? Let's hope that's not talking about casting calls... (Oh, it is.) A 50s pinup girl in a 21st century game isn't a good combination: add that to what might be the Wahmber edit and you'd think she could be in trouble early. In a season without romance with a naive player whose learning curve had better be quick, this will come down to what Jessica can contribute to the team -- work, challenge skills, and emotional uplift for the tribe. And criers don't provide much in the way of uplift. Plus she just said she's not strong, so there go some of the challenge skills... Basically, if she plays every other card she's got (assuming there's a rest of this deck), she could make the early jury, especially since we've got a few obvious weak links to cut. Present the water-soaked one as her only hand, and she's out.

Ace Gordon

HOMETOWN: Naples, FL (raised in London)

CBS BIO: Ace Gordon is a self-proclaimed charmer in every sense of the word. With an English accent and a shaved head, he is an absolute fan of the game and 100% confident in his manipulation skills. Born in New York but raised in London, Ace attended the prestigious Hill House School in Knightsbridge. His privileged background and world travels lead Gordon to mockingly state, "I'm probably better than you and highly more educated."

He has also run the gambit in terms of jobs and he's only 27. Over the years, he's sold cars for Porsche, been a massage therapist and cooked at an eco- resort in Hawaii. Currently, Ace splits his time between working for Cartier and running his own fashion photography studio.

One of Ace's biggest personality traits is his ability to flirt, almost without realizing it. Described as a natural salesman, Ace can cross the line between arrogant and elegant in whatever country he lives. He has actively sought to be immersed in new surroundings and experiences, be it martial arts or meditation. In fact, Gordon has lived in Hawaii, India, Thailand, and all over the U.S. studying religion, spirituality and alternatives to traditional Western Medicine.

Ace is single and currently resides in Naples, Florida. His birth date is September 3, 1980.

ACE SAYS: ''I watch the game, I know how to play the game, I've done sales my whole life, I'm good with people, and I'm physically adept. And I'm a manipulative bastard.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''You would expect him to be like a villain in a Bond movie who dies a horrible death at the end. It's almost like a blind arrogance, and he's really fun to watch. And I think his accent could work for him or against him, but there is something about the accent that makes everything he says seem smarter.''

Estee thinks: Hubris edit! Hubris edit! Come on -- can't you feel it coming? And there's no question about who winds up on Team Evil... Yes, Jeff, we all know about the accent problem: that's how Sean won his Apprentice season. The problem for Ace is twofold: there's more than one judge, and Jeff already told us you were very probably toast. Richard worked the hubris and won -- but as said, some tricks play once. You can work up a good dislike of this man just by reading his bio: that's deliberate. (The editing comes early, peeps.) Imagine what it's like being stuck in a jungle with him. If he doesn't overplay (and it sounds like the man is a walking 2-7 offsuit), he's mid-jury: the villain who goes out to resounding applause, then spits revenge from the side seats. He could go farther -- but he'd need a lot of game. And 'blind' arrogance tends not to see things coming.

'Run the gambit'?

Corinne Kaplan

HOMETOWN: Los Angeles

CBS BIO: Corinne Kaplan takes great pride in being able to manipulate the people around her. As a pharmaceutical sales rep, this smart and sexy, self-described #####, is in it purely for the money. At work, Corinne must convince physicians to prescribe her products. Now, Corinne is looking to convince her fellow tribe mates that she's trustworthy, while ready to sell them out behind their backs.

This catty former sorority girl uses her wit and sex appeal to further her goals. Aside from working out in the gym almost every day, Corinne keeps fit by hiking and running. Corinne will tell it like it is and couldn't care less what people think of her for it. Her outgoing personality is a trait that seems to work well on the men in her life. Corinne basically has no filter and is often hilarious in her directness, saying what everyone else only thinks.

Corinne is single and currently resides in Los Angeles. Her birth date is January 17, 1979.

CORINNE SAYS: ''Honestly, like, I'm a girl. We've all starved ourselves here and there. I can starve for a little while. I think there are no losers in Survivor: We all come home skinny, detoxed, and tan. We're all winners.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Corinne is a self-proclaimed über-#####, and she owns it. I think the meanest thing you could say to Corinne would be to say, 'You're very pleasant.' She would take that as an insult of the highest order.''

Estee thinks: We're really sorting out the core of Team Evil early, aren't we? And enough with the pharmaceutical sales reps already! They just don't work!

So what we've got here is one who's mentally stuck in the sorority clique-fests, whose idea of a good time is making everyone around her miserable by pointing out just how inferior they are to her. And she doesn't care if people die. It pretty much goes with the profession: 'Side effects may be written off. Here, have another free drink.' Am I overstating the case? Possibly, except that everything I'm predicting (and that Jeff already said) would be exactly what they were casting for. We've had one uber-##### reach F2 in this game, and she didn't actually exist. The balancing act between 'I must keep my ideal F2 partner' and 'I must get rid of my migraine' is a tightrope, and someone who takes this much joy in her hatred is going to have a hard time walking it. She could reach the jury, and possibly the middle of it -- but I think we'll be hoping she goes out earlier than that. As in the first episode. Oh, and Corinne? 'Sexy' died as soon as you opened your mouth, fem-Shane. (Wonder what she's detoxing from...)

Ken Hoang

HOMETOWN: Westminster, Calif.

CBS BIO: Ken Hoang gives a new meaning to the term "gamer." Known to the gaming community as "the King of Smash," Hoang is a professional at his craft. As the current international champion of Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers Melee video game, Ken has traveled the world from Japan to Australia to prove his dominance.

Hoang uses his tournament winnings to help support his family. He and his siblings still live at home to help pay the mortgage. It has also led to a strong bond among his brothers and sisters. In fact it was his sister that started his addiction to SURVIVOR.

While he may seem like an interesting choice for a game based in the outdoors, this gamer sees it as an amazing opportunity. Ken is very creative, and has a strong passion for art, a skill he is currently going to college to fine tune. When not playing videogames or brushing up on his art, Hoang enjoys playing with his pets, a Maincoon cat named Kinski and a Husky named Monster.

He loves the fact that he will be considered an underdog because everyone will underestimate his prowess at playing mind games. Nobody would look at him and believe he climbed Mt. Fuji at the age of 20. Ready to exploit his slight physical stature, Ken will trick his fellow players into seeing him as a non-threat, only to smash them if they get in his way.

Ken is single and currently resides in Westminster, Calif. His birth date is October 10, 1985.

KEN SAYS: ''Gaming will help me because I do well under pressure. I always come through. I rarely choke. I'm the underdog, I think all the fans will root for me to win. I would root for myself if I was watching TV.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Ken the gamer is one of my favorite people who has been on the show in a long time. He is convinced his gaming expertise is absolutely in line with what it takes to win, that he knows this game backward and forward simply because he's a gamer. But Ken is a true nerd. I think when the show began he weighed less than Courtney did.''

Estee thinks: On the other hand, Courtney made F3 largely in part to how completely useless she was after surviving the tribal stage by some mysterious (and stupid) process. If Ken can do the same, then use a bit of actual strategy... (Things that weigh less than Courtney?)

Several months ago, Jeff said there was a gamer he really, really wanted in the cast: this is likely the guy. What Jeff wants, Jeff gets -- but I don't know if Jeff's getting a winner. Thin and wiry can do a lot in challenges, so Ken could get through tribal. But last season was when the fans got kicked in the face (playing and viewing), and Ken's our fan here. His is a hard path to call: show weakness and he's an early boot: ride everything he's got and we could be looking at him for a long time. His potential story arc is hard to pin down, even if the directions it could take are pretty limited. ('Hit this combo to vote someone else out!') I just wish he was an expert in a game that required a little more active mental play.

Kelly Czarnecki

HOMETOWN: Buffalo Grove, Ill.

CBS BIO: Kelly Czarnecki describes herself as a leader by nature. And though she has worked for everything she has, she'll also be the first tell you that "she gets what she wants and does what she wants." Don't be fooled by her girl-next-door looks Czarnecki is a mid-western spitfire who loves the outdoors. Called adventurous and ambitious by her friends, this one-time cheerleader always finishes what she starts because to her there's always a reward at the end.

Hailing from Buffalo Grove, Ill., Kelly has three brothers who have helped make her both physically and mentally tough. In her free time, Czarnecki loves to camp, hike and canoe. She describes herself as an energetic strong minded achiever for which self-confidence is not a issue. This fashionista can be found at the gym at least five times a week and is skilled in kickboxing, yoga and Pilates. Although most of Kelly's time is spent focusing on her career goals, she is a self-proclaimed "denim expert," and hopes to one day open her own clothing store.

Aside from studying fashion marketing at the Illinois Institute of Art, Kelly is also the sales manager at one of the top retail boutiques in Chicago. Czarnecki claims "she is a hell of a salesperson and can talk anyone into anything," although she also wants them to feel good about their purchase. She believes it is those leadership skills she's received from her job and schooling that has prepared her for SURVIVOR.

Kelly resides in Buffalo Grove, Ill. and her birth date is April 4, 1986.

KELLY SAYS: ''I'm funny, and I'm fun, and I'm energetic, and I bring a positive vibe to the group — like a burst of sunshine.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''The way I would describe Kelly is that she is part of the Text Message Generation. And she speaks that way, she'll say, 'OMG!' for 'Oh, my God!' That's Kelly. And just as a grown man looking at her I could say, 'That's charming, she's young and has her whole life ahead of her.' But as a tribemate I'd probably say, 'If she says OMG, I'll probably say GTFOH.'''

Estee thinks: In other words, we are looking at the eternal war of 'She's cute' vs. 'She's annoying'. To some people, she's going to be very cute. And to everyone else, she's going to be very annoying. In this game, 'annoying' beats 'cute' three falls out of four. Kelly's athletic enough to contribute, but on a strong tribe, she may not be social enough to tolerate. Who wants a burst of sunshine in their eyes all the time? I think Jeff is pointing directly at her doom: a little too young and too into her personal culture to fit in with the clashing personalities of the others -- and sometimes, that's all it takes. (Most of the time, it doesn't even take that much.)

Randy Bailey

HOMETOWN: Eagle Rock, Mo.

CBS BIO: Randy Bailey wants to be personally responsible for crushing the hopes and dreams of all other contestants with delusions of winning SURVIVOR. He considers himself a ruthless bully who enjoys picking on those that were not blessed with his strength or intellect.

Randy describes himself as angry, blunt, mean and sarcastic (yet charming), and admits he's a train wreck.
Bailey declares he has no living relatives besides an older brother, from whom he hasn't heard from in years. He says he has never met a person who didn't eventually disappoint him. The only "person" he has ever loved was his recently deceased black Labrador mix, Johnson, with whom he lived for 13 years.

His biggest pet peeves are cell phones and overly religious people, and he says he doesn't allow either in his home or car.

Bailey's hobbies include scuba diving, marathon running and triathlons, including competing twice in the Hawaiian Ironman. Despite having competed in over 100 triathlons, he claims that he has not been off the couch in years. Instead, he now enjoys his nightly hot tub with a scotch on the rocks. He is also a private pilot, enjoys watching football and occasionally plays golf.

Bailey's primary motivation for being on the show is to be hungry, tired, dirty and smelly. He also says he needs a long vacation where he will not be hassled with the mundane issues of his boring life. He's a SURVIVOR purist and guarantees he will win if the game is not "poisoned" with too many twists.

Bailey is currently single and lives on a lake in rural southwest Missouri. Randy recently moved from Plano, Texas where he lived for 20 years and still claims to be a Texan at heart. He plans on returning there after he wins the million. He has an engineering degree from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, but chooses to work as a wedding videographer where he can set his own schedule.

His birth date is March 31, 1959.

RANDY SAYS: ''I'll step on toes if I have to. These people were not friends of mine last week, and time will tell if they'll be friends of mine two months from now. But a million dollars is more important than their friendship. Except maybe with that one blonde with the big t---. That might be worth a few hundred grand.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Randy is crotchety and clever. He's the guy who will come to Tribal Council and try to challenge me, which is a huge mistake, because I'm not playing for a million dollars. But I don't think he's as evil as he wants you to think he is.''

Estee says: Well, if Randy is talking about Kelly, we know two things: they're both on Team Evil (which would seem to doom Kelly very early) and among the many things we'll see Randy being unable to judge, add 'size'. Are you reading this bio and thinking 'What a jerk'? If you didn't, how did you avoid it? Randy might be putting on his character early -- but Jeff is saying that there's at least a little bit of mask to it. Nice to hear, but a lot depends on whether it ever comes off, and when. (The Perfect Ass Strategy -- play the jerk/ideal partner all the way to F2, then reveal your kind self and yell 'gotcha!' -- hasn't gone through yet.) He wants to crush hopes and dreams? Isn't that nice. He wants to challenge Jeff? That's not the best historical move. And he wants to win. In fact, he needs to win. Which means he won't. If you're not evil enough, it may be because you're lacking what you need to really fight your way through. For Randy, that feels like the ability to spot his own flaws -- while they're being broadcast to everyone else. Say, what are the odds he goes out because of a poison twist?

Crystal Cox

OCCUPATION: Athlete (2004 Olympic gold medalist in the 4x400m track relay)
HOMETOWN: Durham, N.C.

CBS BIO: Crystal Cox, a 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist in track for the 4 X 400m Relay, is ready to tackle new challenges as a contestant on this season of SURVIVOR. As a single mother and athlete, she is the sole provider for her family and calls herself "the glue that holds the home together."

As a child, Cox's family frequently moved, forcing her to adapt. The only girl in a home with four brothers, Crystal held her own physically and became mentally tough as a result.

Cox currently works as childcare teacher, high school track coach and a professional athlete. She has a B.A. in communications from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

When Crystal is not training to compete, she enjoys surfing the internet, traveling and relaxing. Her hobbies include volleyball, kickball and softball. She describes herself as a leader who is outspoken and open minded. She possesses the three "Bs" required to be Sole Survivor, which are: brains, beauty and blazing speed!

Cox currently lives with her daughter, Destiny, her boyfriend Harry and his son in Durham, North Carolina. Her birth date is March 28, 1979.

CRYSTAL SAYS: ''I will win Survivor because I have the three Bs — brains, beauty, and blazing speed.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I think Crystal's big dilemma is going to be 'What does she say that she does? Who does she say she is?' Because it's obvious she's an athlete. Crystal has a mouth on her. She does not edit. That makes her great at tribal council but a liability in the game.''

Estee thinks: Oh, gawds -- it's the Strong Afrimerican Woman Who Always Speaks Her Mind (And Quite Possibly Puts Her Finger In Your Face). Haven't we seen this before? Sure have. And where did we see it going the last few times? Out the door. Preseason (when she was the first contestant name to leak out), my main worry about Crystal was physical: a hypertuned athlete can break down very quickly. Now it's social: a big mouth who does most of her verbal running at TC can have a life expectancy measured in seconds. If she's strong, her tribe may keep her around until the merge, then boot her pre-jury -- but one sign of weakness and they'll dump the mouth before she can finish calling them out on it, which will be a really impressive trick because she'll keep screaming at them all the way to Sequesterville. And while the IOC doesn't care about what China does, watch them take the time to file a complaint about her.

Charlie Herschel

HOMETOWN: New York

CBS BIO: Charlie Herschel has been a fan of SURVIVOR since the first season and has been training for it ever since. A lawyer for one of the top 10 most prestigious law firms in the world, Herschel is ready to try his persuasion skills on a different type of jury.

This 29-year-old, marathon-running attorney and University of Pennsylvania graduate says he is above nothing when he gets to the island. Charlie's strategy is to be authentic but with a twist. "With high risks, come high rewards, but the risks must be calculated." The middle son of three boys and a native New Yorker, the Ivy Leaguer is not afraid to claw his way to the top.

In his free time, Herschel trains to race in marathons around the country. He credits this passion for helping him stay in shape. Through his training, Charlie dropped 60 pounds and continues to be at fighting weight.

Charlie is a gay, single man and currently resides in New York City. His birth date is May 12, 1979.

CHARLIE SAYS: ''I haven't really noticed any crazy people, which kind of makes me nervous that either I'm the crazy person or there are no crazy people.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Charlie prides himself on being very bright and educated. And the question I'd say for Charlie is 'Can he stand up for himself? Does he really have a voice?' Or is he just going to look for somebody to hang on to and see how far they'll pull him along.''

Estee thinks: Charlie, you know how if you can't spot the pigeon at the poker table within five minutes, you're it? Well... Either Charlie got put on the most mentally stable tribe of all time or Charlie is empathically blind, because I'm not even halfway through the contestants and I'm spotting the crazy everywhere I look. (Is it possible every bad personality wound up on Team Evil? Long odds, but...)

Charlie's another fan here, and what did we learn last season? Fans exist to get kicked in the teeth. (Also rammed into poles.) As such, there's a good chance he's playing tag-along and fading into the shadows as part of his strategy: there are worse moves to get you past the tribal stage. But we've had indications that he does more: Jeff said in our own article that at one point, Marcus (see somewhere below) had three people after him romantically, and at least one of them was male. (So he may try to stay in the shadows, but he won't be in the closet.) With the wrong tribe, you're a social vote victim. With the right one, the fade-and-wait strategy can work very well for long-term survival -- it's just hard to win with.

Paloma Soto-Castillo

HOMETOWN: Downey, Calif. (born in Chile)

CBS BIO: Paloma Soto-Castillo has been playing the social game her entire life, one of the skills necessary to succeed in the game of SURVIVOR. Her parents were both missionaries, causing her to move around a lot during her childhood. Growing up with this lifestyle taught her to adapt to any environment and she became a stronger person as a result.

Soto-Castillo was born in Chile and lived there for a large part of her life before moving to Tennessee, Virginia and then settling in California. One day, on a whim, she decided to leave everything behind and move to Kenya…alone, without any group or organization. She lived among the natives and wild animals for three months without any support from family and friends or any modern conveniences. After witnessing the people's suffering first-hand, she says it changed her life and she's certain she'll go back and help change their lives. Soto-Castillo is motivated to win SURVIVOR so she can open an orphanage or elementary school for the children of Kenya.

Soto-Catillo has a B.A. in communication studies from California State University, Long Beach and continues to go to school. She is currently working on her single subject teaching credential and works part time as a waitress. Her hobbies include traveling, camping and reading. In her free time, Paloma loves staying competitive and keeping her mind sharp by playing Texas Hold 'Em.

Soto-Castillo is single. She currently lives in Downey, California with her Shitzu, Sam. Her birth date is August 24, 1984.

PALOMA SAYS: ''I think I deserve it. I've worked really hard in my life. I'm very competitive. I'm stubborn. I'm compassionate, and passionate.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Paloma is sassy, cute. My question for her is 'Is her attitude real, or is it a put on?' And if it is a put-on, how long will she be able to sustain it when she starts getting hungry? Paloma's going to have to pick the right alliance. Who you decide to team up with early on has such an impact on how you do in the game, because if you pick the wrong people, it can be hard to get out from under that.''

Estee thinks: They call her flipper, flipper, flipper, who gets struck by lightning. Few people you see -- are more doomed than she... I think we have a sweet person here who's going to try and conceal it under a layer of sass, figuring she can't look too nice or no one will want to be next to her in front of the jury. Not the worst strategy, and we could do a lot worse than another Ethan type of winner who's going to put the money back towards the host country -- but Jeff's words aren't exactly encouraging. It sounds like Paloma probably does pick exactly the wrong alliance -- possibly lining up with the Survivor equivalent of BB's Brian -- and then some people spend the rest of the game picking off everyone that worthy ever spoke with. If Paloma can recover from a poor alliance choice, then we're looking at a strong player who could go a long way. If she can't, then this is an early boot -- and right now, I'm thinking early boot.

Danny 'G.C.' Brown

HOMETOWN: Portland, Ore.

CBS BIO: Danny Brown deems himself a true SURVIVOR, having overcome a difficult childhood including homelessness, and a mother who constantly moved both him and his brother to temporary housing. However, despite his hardships, Brown was resilient and optimistic.

As a child, Brown learned to swim and fish in the Colorado River and developed a lifelong love of the outdoors. He said he would quit his job to live outside if he could. His hobbies include producing music, fishing and traveling. He enjoys playing basketball and lifting weights whenever he gets the chance. He describes himself as adventurous, outgoing and silly, and he doesn't like dishonest people.

Brown currently works as a maintenance supervisor for the apartment complex where he lives and claims that making it through the week there is a challenge in itself. His job consists of cleaning, painting, plumbing, electrical repairs and customer service for the tenants.

He believes that his determination, hard work and social skills can get him to the end.

Brown lives in Portland, Oregon with his girlfriend, Shannan. He shares his home with his dog Chica, a cat named Scout and five snakes. His birth date is July 13, 1982.

G.C. SAYS: ''I will win Survivor because I need this million dollars more than anyone out here.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''G.C. is a fish out of water. Does he have the fortitude to really do this? Because when I talked to him before the show, it seemed like a lot of nervous energy masquerading as confidence. But it was, really, I felt, fear, like 'What am I getting into?' And that's not a good place to be because what you're getting into is a big ol' headache.''

Estee thinks: Gervase plus Dreamz equals G.C. -- and that's not a winning formula. I want to like this guy. I really want to like him, and it couldn't be more apparent that he either winds up on Team Good or gets switched there early. He might be the sort of person whom others wind up delaying voting out until the last Pagong for his tribe, just to give him a slightly bigger check. But you can't let him anywhere near the F2 with that kind of story to tell. Dreamz didn't have the social skills to talk a bird into flying away from him, and Gervase never got the chance. G.C. either gets over his tremors in a hurry or he gets to join them in the rest of the loser's pool -- although hopefully his reputation will come out closer to Gervase's. What are you getting into? Hell. And you volunteered. As a player, you may him on the jury as a fair vote -- you just don't want him in front of it. And he might not even reach the jury if Team Evil somehow gets ahold of him early.

Gillian Larson

HOMETOWN: Temecula, Calif. (raised in South Africa)

CBS BIO: Retired after working as a registered nurse for 41 years, Gillian Larson has never satisfied her appetite for adventure and travel despite her wide array of experiences throughout her 61 years. She has traveled through 46 countries and all but a few U.S. states, much of it backpacking. This adventurous "granny" can climb and rappel 4,000 foot mountains and swim with the Great Whites. Not only is she versatile, but she is competitive by nature and feels as though she is an perfect fit for the game of SURVIVOR, having applied 15 times, always believing she would one day be selected.

Married 37 years to her husband, Ron, Gillian has three married daughters and four grandchildren. Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, she was awarded several academic and athletic honors. Gillian met her husband in Germany and moved to the United States. The couple has relocated 18 times and currently resides in Temecula, Calif. since 2001. Her proudest achievement is her awesome family.

When she isn't scuba diving or hiking through the mountains, Gillian enjoys travel, writing, photography, gardening, spending time with her family and her eclectic group of friends who range from 2 to 92.

For her 60th birthday, she got a purple butterfly tattoo on her left hip. A very good swimmer, this SURVIVOR-addict feels that she has what is takes to be the oldest winner yet.

After SURVIVOR, Larson's new goal is to be a motivational speaker, focusing on "believe in yourself and you can achieve anything"

GILLIAN SAYS: ''I love doing all sorts of crazy things. It doesn't matter what age you are. As long as you can physically do it, do it! And hopefully they'll look at me as a mom, and you know, who would like to kick their mother out of the game?''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Charm is her strength because she's likable in doses, and that's her liability. Does she know when enough is enough? You can only hear someone say, 'I'm from South Africa,' so many times before you want to say, 'Why don't you go back to South Africa!'''

Estee thinks: So far, we have two people with experience in some kind of African life. And they're both doomed. Go figure. Gillian's on the wrong show: this is very clearly a Racer and in that game, she and her partner of choice could wind up on the final mat in anything from third place on up. (Or fourth on back -- taxis, y'know.) This is as close to Super Senior as we've come in a long time, and you'd want to think she could last for a while -- but she's the only person in her age category for the entire pool. A lot of them aren't going to ask her about how good she is athletically before they dump her -- and if they do, will they believe her? Gillian comes across as a major talker, and those can get tuned out -- or voted out. (In fact, on the whole, this is turning into The Cast That Couldn't Shut Up.) And she's a fan. A big fan. A fifteen-time applicant. And potentially a first boot.

Matty Whitmore

HOMETOWN: Pacific Palisades, Calif.

CBS BIO: Matty Whitmore knows first-hand what it's like to have a lot and what's it's like to lose it all. At the age of 18, Whitmore inherited a trust fund from his grandparents, allowing him to live a comfortable life in paradise until partying it all away. Now at the age of 29, Whitmore wants the opportunity to find out what he's capable of doing on his own and believes SURVIVOR holds the answer.

Whitmore currently works as a personal trainer on the westside of Los Angeles and enjoys teaching health and wellness. His idea of a perfect day includes a two-hour vigorous workout, training clients and a surf session, followed by an hour in the sauna and yoga. The remainder of his day is spent hanging out with his long-time girlfriend, Jamie, and his beloved dog, Dink. He claims that if health was wealth; he'd be considered a billionaire.

Not only does Matty have physical ability and strength, but he also possesses bravado and confidence. He brings knowledge of the outdoors and social skills to the game and can't wait to gain more self-awareness through this experience. Whitmore prides himself on helping people not take themselves too seriously and hopes to use those skills to manipulate others into doing what's best for him.

He currently lives with his girlfriend in Pacific Palisades, Calif. His birth date is December 18, 1978.

MATTY SAYS: ''I'm a fierce competitor. I don't want to lose. I was raised in the mountains and also in the city, so I got the wilderness down and I got the humanity down.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I think Matty will be one of the favorites this season, someone people will absolutely love. I find him to be one of the most endearing guys we've ever had on the show to the point where it could work against him because he can't hide anything. If he's confused, he says, 'I'm confused.' If he's happy, he's smiling. If he's sad, he's crying.''

Estee says: And if he's in a secret alliance, he says 'I'm in a secret alliance!' (Now what was I just saying about people who can't shut up? At least he might have some decent confessionals.) An obvious member of Team Good here: I don't think this is our innocent stuck in Team Evil's heart of darkness, no matter how much fun that might be.

All right -- so this is a potentially reformed party boy who's grown up and learned some maturity. (What's he doing here?) Is he going to revert? Does he make the really stupid comfort decision? What about him is likable -- the scoundrel who's changed his ways, but still has a twinkle in his eye? And more to the point: how long are we going to not-care for? Because you certainly want him during tribal, and he could go on an Immunity run and last a while into individual -- but he can't hide anything. That might mean he gets kept because he's so transparent that strategy plays aren't a concern: dump when ready -- but if he does try anything, everyone's going to know about it. The semi-innocent may be easy for some people to bleed with, but that means you die with him. Jury -- or, worst case for him, the last victim in front of it.

Jacque Berg

HOMETOWN: Santa Barbara, Calif.

CBS BIO: Jacque Berg always plays to win and will settle for nothing less than number one. She's trained her whole life to play a game like SURVIVOR. Competing in several sports such as gymnastics, water polo, crew, track and swimming, she's proven herself a leader.

Berg thrives off pressure and has gone as far as competing against sales executives with 10 years experience to land her dream job as a medical device sales representative. Berg, one of the youngest people in her industry, is also a writer and charity organizer.

Constantly on the go, Jacque admits she doesn't like to sit still and is full of life. Her hobbies include running, swimming, surfing and boating. She describes herself as enthusiastic, adventurous, sweet and extremely positive. Her biggest pet peeve is people who talk about their big dreams but do nothing about it. She believes we all have control over our own destiny.

Berg confesses that she performs her best when in extreme situations and can't wait to overcome the physical and mental challenges SURVIVOR will offer.

Berg grew up in Minnesota and is currently single and lives in Santa Barbara, California. She has a B.S. in business administration from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

Her birth date is September 10, 1982.

JACQUE SAYS: ''It's kind of one of my natural instincts to flirt. I don't mean to. That's actually going to be something I watch, because I don't want a target to be on my back from the other girls.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''I think Jacque will be a bit of a dark horse. I don't think she'll be a leader. I think she'll use her looks and her charm to get in with the right guy and hope that she can ride with that guy as far as she can. If Jacque gets deep into the show, I think she's a legitimate threat at the challenges. She's pretty fit.''

Estee thinks: Oh, gawds -- this one sells medical devices... (And is it just me, or is this a really white cast?) We're looking at canceling information here: Jacque needs a male partner to advance deep into the show -- but romances aren't scheduled to work this season. If Jeff is giving us a little bit of truth, then you can read the situation as Jacque trying to make a connection, failing, and then not having a diverse-enough social game to find a second play. (If you think about it, after seeing last season's multiple fiascos, this would be the cast to be scared off responding to flirting.)

I've said this before: the most common form of demise in this game is known as 'other people'. Jacque controls her own destiny to a very limited point: those around her have a lot of influence. Slip once, and all you get to control is how fast you walk away. I'm not sure she makes the jury: a strong tribe can spare her, and if she becomes too blatant... gone.

Dan Kay

HOMETOWN: Walpole, Mass.

CBS BIO: Dan Kay has come a long way from his blue-collar roots in Boston. Born and raised in Walpole, Massachusetts, he was very involved in athletics, especially football, skiing and track. While in high school, Dan played on a varsity football team, which had a long tradition of winning, a tradition that has helped shape his strong work-ethic. He graduated from The University of Massachusetts, Amherst with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science & English and later would earn his law degree from Syracuse University College of Law where he was also a member of the Moot Court Honor Society.

Charismatic, hard working and goal oriented, most of Dan's traits were formed from the influence provided by his parents and a select few coaches and teachers. As a young boy, his father became disabled, leaving his mother to care for his family and, eventually, his ill grandmother, all while working as a full-time nurse. In addition, Dan credits his mother's work ethic and unselfish attitude for his strong desire to overcome any obstacles in his career and personal life.

Dan has practiced law in Boston for five years, which helped him to purchase several investment properties. However, dedicating so much of his time to his practice left him depressed and feeling less than fulfilled with his life. Prior to leaving for SURVIVOR, he sold off a number of investments and spent time away from his job, in an effort to focus more on himself and his friends and family. He believes this recent awareness, along with having an increased appreciation for the people in his life rather than material possessions, will help him succeed not only in his personal life, but on SURVIVOR.

Attractive, athletic, single and a lawyer, Dan is set to make a big impression on his competitors. Dan's hobbies include skiing, running, biking, weight training and cooking. Currently, he is training to compete in his first triathlon.

He is single and lives in Boston. His birthdate is June 30, 1976.

DAN SAYS: ''My Achilles' heel in this game will most likely be trust. You have to have trust to win this game, but you have to know who is untrustworthy, and that's probably the most difficult task.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''He's earnest, but he is his own worst enemy. He means well and does not know when to shut up. He's like a cocker spaniel, charming and annoying at the same time.''

Estee thinks: (Yep. Really white.) You can just see him as Matty's best friend on Team Good, can't you? So let's count it off: he's another one who constitutionally cannot shut up (and I'm about five seconds from calling this Team Robin), doesn't need the money and 'boot the rich' has been around for a long time -- it's funny, really: need the money badly and you're gone: don't need and you're gone -- he's 'earnest' and that's a death word if I ever heard one, and he's already said his main issue is going to be picking out people he can trust... Honestly, how many ways are there to say he's not going to win? He needs a Tom run, and I don't think he can manage one. And you can almost feel him going out on a total blindside -- or waving to the group on his way out. Possibly that's an 'and'. 'Great game, everybody!' Barring an anti-Darwin play that would leave Hunter sick for days, I think he makes the jury and I think you want him there: he just screams 'fair vote!' I just don't see him screaming 'vote for me!' If you're not concerned about material possessions, then you're not really targeting the million -- and this one strikes me as being more concerned about the experience than the title.

Susie Smith

HOMETOWN: Charles City, Iowa

CBS BIO: Susie Smith, a Mexican American mother of one, has always allowed others to dictate her life and she's ready for a change. Born into a Mexican immigrant family of crop field workers, Susie and five of her siblings began working alongside her parents at a young age and the other three siblings were raised by Susie and her siblings. She has struggled ever since, but has overcome many personal challenges.

Tired of working hard and being poor, Smith vows to devote the rest of her life to her needs. After years of allowing others to influence her life, she's decided to stop and dedicate this next chapter to herself, and taking part in SURVIVOR was the first step and second was showing her son, family, friends, and students that all it takes to change any part of your life is to just TRY.

Smith has been married for 25 years. She currently works as an assistant teacher and hairdresser. She teaches English to non-speaking English children from kindergarten to 8th grade. When Susie is not teaching, she enjoys working as a hairdresser where she has many wonderful clients. Her hobbies include photography, watching movies, eating out, sewing and gardening. She describes herself as encouraging, moody and talkative but with a big potty mouth.

Bold and brassy with a huge zest for life, Smith believes SURVIVOR will finally be the opportunity she's needed to turn things around. She has a huge desire to win and won't let anyone get in her way.

Smith currently lives in Charles City, Iowa with her husband, Todd, son, Trent, and two dogs. She is a graduate of the Marshalltown Cosmetology School and a graduate of North Iowa Area Community College.

Her birth date is October 24, 1960.

SUSIE SAYS: ''The first player that I see going off thinking they're gonna track an elephant or a hippo, I'm gonna kick their asses, because we don't need them coming into our camp.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Susie is a mom, and she likes to talk. That's definitely her biggest obstacle to overcome, that she can't shut up. If I went in and played this game and got teamed up with Susie, I would be wary of her hanging in there with me, because she seems to go with the wind and doesn't even seem like she's paying attention at times.''

Estee thinks: ...Sandra? (And it's official: Team Robin it is.) She also can't shut up, she twists from vote to vote, you can't tell if she's really listening, she's foul-mouthed -- this isn't a contestant, this is an echo. If she follows that well-marked road past the signpost reading 'the most important thing to be is a vote in someone else's pocket. Oh, and be up against Lil', then she could go a very long way. She just needs to survive Tribal: get past that, and skate as someone who might be easy to beat. But at the same time, twist in the wind too often and it might be because someone decided to rig up a noose. Susie could be playing a dangerous game here, and it's one that has worked -- but that means some people will know to watch out for it. She either goes early as a constantly-switching potential weakness or she could be F4. Susie is a hard one to call -- but whatever happens, she just might talk her way out in the end. (It's just that I could probably say the same about half the cast.)

Note the animal-themed quote. I wonder if Susie lasts long enough to see it happen... or winds up causing it.

Marcus Lehman

HOMETOWN: Atlanta

CBS BIO: Marcus Lehman, a young doctor from Jacksonville, Fla. considers himself mentally and physically prepared to compete for his chance to be the sole SURVIVOR.

Recognized as the state of Georgia's hottest bachelor by Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2006, Lehman strives to achieve the highest levels in all areas of life.

A rower and graduate of Harvard University, Marcus went on to finish medical school at Emory University while developing his interest in triathlons. The single resident physician of Cuban-American descent will eventually work as an anesthesiologist after he completes specialty training, but also continues to develop his interest in medical reporting and acts as a spokesman for preventative medicine.

Marcus describes himself as a romantic who enjoys exercising, playing music, cooking and fine wine, not to mention doing some flirting on his way to finding the perfect girl. Marcus hopes he will be able to use his charm and physical prowess to make it far in the game.

Lehman's birthday is October 3, 1979.

MARCUS SAYS: ''In addition to trying to be charismatic and active in the challenges, I have a little additional problem, which is that from society's viewpoint I have been very successful already.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Marcus is a physician, as he likes to remind people. And he is a true leader, an extremely bright guy. He's a hero. He is a huge threat to win the game, for sure. He has looks, he's got smarts, he's probably the fittest guy out there, so he's got a lot of things going for him.''

Estee thinks: What Jeff isn't saying here came out of his mouth somewhere else: that Marcus is also one of the most arrogant people the game has even seen.

Take a moment. Think back on some of the people who've been in this game.

Right. And Marcus is still Top Five -- or higher.

Gah.

Well, so much for hot. I think Marcus is going to -- and I know I'm repeating myself -- talk himself right out of the game. Add the arrogance to his physical presence and the natural (if seldom fulfilled) fear of immunity streaks, and he'll go pre-merge if his tribe has a distinct minority -- or just after it to make sure he won't go any further. And by then, we may be retroactively rooting for him to have gone first. You have a big additional problem, Marcus -- several. Your mouth. Your attitude problem. Your God complex. And my remote, because if I throw enough of them at the screen, one may teleport in space-time and hit you in your ego-swollen head.

Jeff thinks he's all-time arrogant. He can't go away fast enough.

Michelle Chase

HOMETOWN: Los Angeles

CBS BIO: Michelle Chase has been through more in her 24 years than most people have in a lifetime. Not only did she grow up poor in South Florida with a single mother, but her best friend, her father, disappeared from her life at an early age. As a result of her Dad's absence, her mom became the most influential person in her life.

Although life has been rocky for Chase, she's tough and resourceful and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She began supporting herself at the age of 16 and was married and divorced by the time she was 19.

Chase currently works as a music production assistant. She enjoys DJ-ing, boxing and surfing and describes herself as lively, bodacious and loud. When asked how her friends would describe her, she says hardcore, fun and set in her ways.

Besides being mentally strong, Chase has also run several triathlons. She is ready to bring her street smarts combined with physical fearlessness to the game of SURVIVOR.

Chase is single and currently lives in Los Angeles. Her birth date is March 7, 1984.

MICHELLE SAYS: ''I will win Survivor because I'm the bombshell baller. I'm bodacious, and I outwit, and outlast, and outplay. And I need a million dollars really bad.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Michelle is a wild card for me because I actually thought that Michelle had a good solid energy coming into the game. But she's very small and very young. I think her life experience is the big question mark. What will she do when the going gets tough?''

Estee thinks: This is -- short. Very short. And vague. Very, very vague. The only thing you might read here is that Michelle gets tested at some point, and we have to decide whether or not she passes. But this is still an extremely quick section, something like what we got for Michael last season -- and remember how quickly he went out? Michelle might be an America's Sweetheart in waiting, but she might not get to hang around long enough to see it come through. Either something's being hidden from us -- or there's nothing worth hiding.

Robert 'Bob' Crowley

HOMETOWN: South Portland, Maine

CBS BIO: Robert Crowley considers himself a hybrid of Indiana Jones and Robinson Crusoe. He loves the outdoors and is always ready for his next adventure.

Robert is a high school physics teacher in Gorham, Maine and holds both Associate and Bachelor degrees in forestry from the University of Maine - Orono and a Masters of Education degree from the University of Southern Maine. However, after the school bell rings, Robert becomes an entrepreneur. His wide range of jobs span from being a first mate on a research boat for the Smithsonian Institution in Canada to an entomologist for the USDA, to a skunk relocater, as well as President, Vice President and Chief Negotiator for his local Teacher's Union.

When not on an adventure, Robert interests include journal writing, story telling, photography, bone collecting, archeology and camping.

This tree climbing scientist, who describes himself as honest, adventurous, resourceful and witty, built his truly "green" summer cabin back when green was only referred to as the color. His "green" cabin was completely built with recycled material and requires a fraction of the energy of the average U.S. home. He's built numerous structures from recycled material including wharfs, saunas, a chicken house and a hunting cabin.

Robert strategy is to be a provider and to fly under the radar on SURVIVOR. He's out to prove that nice guys can make it to the end of the game.

Robert and his wife Peggy reside in Portland, Maine. They have two sons, David and John, one daughter, Page, and a high maintenance cat named William. Robert's birth date is February 25, 1951.

BOB SAYS: ''I'm a high school teacher. I enjoy younger people. I'm not part of their group, agewise, but emotionally I'm about 12.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''He's the oldest guy out there. And unfortunately, that works against people all the time, even though there's probably nobody better equipped for this game. He's probably the guy who will be the biggest asset, if they don't get foolish and vote him out.''

Estee thinks: Or we get this story: 'Man gets stuck on tribe full of idiot youth, who immediately vote out the man who could have given them fire, shelter, food, and all the comforts of home. Idiot youth tribe can't get act together to do anything themselves and goes on massive losing streak.' Sound familiar at all?

I want to like him, just based on the biography. (Mysticwolf may be harboring a minor crush.) He sounds like the most fun CSI character ever, and possibly even a star for the world's weirdest investigation series. More than that, he kind of sounds like Yau-Man -- and that worked out pretty well for us when it came to getting a contestant to follow, didn't it? Bob's probably going to be fighting the exact battle Jeff indicated: people seeing his skills and what he can do for them versus people being stupid DAWs who were cast to make the worst decisions possible. I'd like to think he makes the jury as a clear part of Team Good and delivers a sound (and entertaining) decision at the end. But win? Bob could go anywhere from last to first -- and 'first' is a dim possibility. After all, if he's been cast to be Yau, then all we have to do is remember what happened to him...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Eighteen players. One of them is going to win.

Did Jeff tell us who?

And can someone else do this next season?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... michel 08-27-08 1
   RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... UNCLERICH1 08-28-08 2
       RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... Scarlett O Hara 09-07-08 5
           RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... newsomewayne 09-16-08 6
               RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... Estee 09-16-08 7
 RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... Brownroach 09-02-08 3
   RE: Jeff wants us to know: the ... Estee 09-02-08 4
   Someone got some Sugar! michel 09-16-08 8
       RE: Someone got some Sugar! Estee 09-16-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-08, 08:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
Thanks for doing this Estee. That's a lot of information. From the presentation video, I've been able to place most players on teams which are Red and Yellow. Are we back in China?

So, for the Zhan Hu's, I mean Yellows:
- Kelly
- Jessica
- Ace
- Marcus
- Robert
- Charlie
- Corinne

The Reds are:
- GC
- Crystal
- Ken
- Matty
- Dan
- Gillian
- Susie

Unknown at this time:
- Michelle
- Randy
- Paloma
- Jacque

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-28-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-08 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

Hi Estee & michel: here are the pics I have so far

Yellow buffs
Bob
Corinne
Ace
Charlie
Jessica
Marcus
Paloma
Kelly
Jacque

Red buffs
Danny
Randy
Crystal
Susie
Ken
Gillian
Michelle
Matty
Dan

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-07-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
And so the new season begins ... the DAWs arrive in some dramatic fashion to the site. Immediately, there is a school-yard "Pick 'em." Following that, there is a Challenge. Is it an RC or an IC? If it's an RC, maybe the reward is flint as we do see the Yellow tribe with a pot that looks as if it is hanging over a fire.

This season, we are told that the DAWs are given a choice when in Exile -- receive a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol OR receive an item that will help them make their stay in Gabon more comfortable (i.e. tarp, food, blanket, flint, etc.) Jiffy tells us in advance that these are not the smartest DAWs around -- referring to the fact that all too often, they will choose the "Comfort" item over the Clue to the HII. While making their stay more comfortable, it will certainly shorten it.

Those shelters look so well built, I'm wondering if they weren't constructed in advance of the arrival of the DAWs? Note, the red shelter looks identical to the yellow shelter. They were either constructed for them in advance OR each tribe was given instructions as to how to build them. I'm wondering if this was done to help keep the wild animals out?

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
Those shelters look so well built, I'm wondering if they weren't constructed in advance of the arrival of the DAWs? ... I'm wondering if this was done to help keep the wild animals out?

I don't recall about the shelters, but I do remember that for Survivor 3:Africa the Production team built some kind of protective ring made of heavy brush with thorns to protect them from animals.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

"We're down-home Mississippi folk but our bloodline goes back to Nigeria," she said. "My father (Malachy) was the first one to come over. My dad actually can say he came to America with $68 in his pocket and became a doctor because of all the opportunities that America has." - Air Force Lt. Dehenre, currently serving in Iraq.

09-16-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
For the original Africa season, MB also hired professional hunters to watch the tribes: in the event of an animal attack, the hunters were supposed to start shooting and the camera operators were supposed to keep shooting.

Which is really something I wish I'd known earlier than I finally did. Feh.

We probably have similar protections in place this time -- but they only apply if something goes directly after a contestant. A simple rampage through camp isn't going to trigger a bullet.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-08, 04:59 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
I am *so* picturing Jessica “Sugar” Kiper having a voice like Marilyn “Sugar Kane” Monroe in Some Like It Hot:

''I want to make everyone fall in love with me. And I want to be friends with everybody. That's all I got: my personality. I'm not strong. I'm not very bright, I guess. If I had any brains, I wouldn't be on this crummy show. I used to sing with male bands. But I can't afford it any more. ''

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

09-02-08, 07:16 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Jeff wants us to know: the Entertainment Weekly preview."
'If I had any brains, I wouldn't be on this crummy show.'

I say she's horribly underestimating herself, because that statement just made her the smartest player to come along in the last eight years.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-08, 05:26 PM (EST)
8. "Someone got some Sugar!"
"I want to make everyone fall in love with me..."

I guess it worked with one sucker, movie director John Lands:

"Survivor: Gabon" Contestant Jessica Kiper's Wedding

Here's the link (it has a pop-up)

http://www.lovetripper.com/bridalstars/2008/09/90608-survivor-gabon-contestants.html#

11 day courtship!!! Can we rule her out as Sole Survivor? I know it's not nice to say but odds are she wouldn't have been quite in such a hurry if she was expecting a million dollar payday in December.

09-16-08, 06:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Someone got some Sugar!"
Bad career move. Now she'll have to wait at least two weeks before she can land her own dating show.

This definitely says something about her ability to judge alliances. I'm just not sure it's anything good...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •