The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-10-08, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
TV guide shows episode title here http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/survivor-micronesia-/292131
with only this detail: In the reward challenge, the castaways compete to indulge in a feast and see a show on Yap Island. At tribal council, another castaway is voted out of the game. Jeff Probst is the host.

geesh..can't get much more ambiguous than that!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... UNCLERICH1 04-10-08 1
   RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... sugarbooger62 04-10-08 2
       RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... iatovttotx78 04-11-08 3
           RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... sugarbooger62 04-15-08 5
 OFG Theory dabo 04-15-08 4
   RE: OFG Theory Outfrontgirl 04-15-08 14
 RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... sugarbooger62 04-15-08 6
   RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... dabo 04-15-08 7
       RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... sugarbooger62 04-15-08 9
   RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... Brownroach 04-15-08 10
 RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... sugarbooger62 04-15-08 8
   RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promi... CTgirl 04-15-08 12
 Thank You, Jeff dabo 04-15-08 11
 New and funny theory... dsrtgrl28 04-15-08 13
   RE: New and funny theory... PepeLePew13 04-15-08 15
 Another Reason for Ozzy's Safety? CattyChat 04-16-08 16
   RE: Another Reason for Ozzy's Safet... Flowerpower 04-16-08 17
       RE: Another Reason for Ozzy's Safet... citywitch 04-16-08 18
       RE: Another Reason for Ozzy's Safet... CattyChat 04-17-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
1. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Hi citywitch: zap2it tv also has the castaways competing for a cash prize!
http://www.zap2it.com
when the site comes up scroll down towards the bottom on the left to Survivor Micronesia fans vs favorites and click on it!!

sugarbooger62 100 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-08, 08:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
>Hi citywitch: zap2it tv also has the castaways competing for a
cash prize! http://www.zap2it.com when the site comes up scroll
down towards the bottom on the left to Survivor Micronesia fans
vs favorites and click on it!!<

I'm sorry, but I've been to that site and I'll be danged if I can find the link you say to click on. Could you provide that link, please?

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-11-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
3. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/survivor-micronesia-fans-vs-favorites/EP01013093

I think this is it.

An Agman Creation.

04-15-08, 08:41 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Sorry, but I'm not finding what unclerich is talking about. There's is nothing there about the castaways competing for cash prizes. Unless they read the general description of Survivor and that is, of course, what they're doing (can you say a million dollars). Duh!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-08, 01:59 AM (EST)
4. "OFG Theory"
Will this be a week that OFG Theory doesn't work?

http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/thumbnails.php?album=54&page=1
http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/thumbnails.php?album=54&page=2
http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/thumbnails.php?album=54&page=3
http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/thumbnails.php?album=54&page=4
http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/thumbnails.php?album=54&page=5

By the episode promo in last week's show:

Prominently featured: Ozzy, Cirie, James
Secondarily shown: Amanda, Alexis
Seen: Parvati, Natalie
Not Seen: Eric, Jason

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 06:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: OFG Theory"
hey dabo!
Small clarification re OFG theory, at least as I use it (different people have different ideas) ...

It doesn't matter to me whether the promo is the one shown right after the episode. In fact, the bootee story quite often comes out during later promos.

At the time I originally made an observation, which Krautboy called OFG theory, it was way back in Survivor Africa and there were a lot fewer promos than now. There was no YouTube. EPM was running the show as an Agatha Christie, whereas Jeff hypes the show by practically giving away the whole story before it airs.
Times have changed a lot, thirteen seasons later.

They don't go for the "surprise boot" so often any more, which is not to say never.
For this season, the boot story has been somewhere in the promos and/or web teasers each week, just have to figure out which one.

it seems like when the door is open wide, the walls start closing in ~ David Baerwald , Why

04-15-08, 09:52 AM (EST)
6. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Get ready for the HII blunder they've been hyping up all season. Here's the video of Jeff's preview telling us more about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTAZh0mNrw&feature=user
Also, here is the 20 second promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKPrmHeunBE&feature=user
From the way they're editing this episode it's Jason that makes a "pact with the devil." Here's a vidcap of the confessionals of Ozzy and Jason:

Could the devil be Ozzy and what kind of pact is Jason going to make? He really doesn't have anything to bargain with unless he "promises" Ozzy the immunity necklace for a free pass at TC. That's being awful cocky and assured of himself that he's going to win the IC. However, that's only one person on his side and Ozzy (his nemesis) already has the numbers on his side. So that really doesn't make sense why he would bargain with Ozzy? Or is it? Could a plan have been hatched, between him and the four that didn't go on reward (Cirie, Natalie, Alexis, & Parvati), to blindside Ozzy at TC? At the IC Jeff says, "Do you trust them?" Obviously the person who made the pact made it with more than one person and it was done openly. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the first four to go out at the IC is Cirie, Natalie, Alexis, & Parvati. But why would those four throw the challenge to give Jason a better chance of winning so he could let Ozzy have the IN which, in turn, gives him two idols (kinda like James' boot scenario).
It seems obvious that it's Jason's turn to go this week, he's a real tick turd, but I wouldn't be surprised if the blindsides are starting again and Ozzy may come up on the short end of the "stick." I'm just speculating and could be as wrong as two left feet. There's just something about this week that feels off.

04-15-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Getting Jason to toss the IC to anyone but Ozzy would be the strategy for trying to blindside Ozzy.

We should probably take what Ozzy says with a grain of slat, they were away filming this season when the episode aired where James got booted in China. It may be true, Ozzy may not know what he's talking about.

04-15-08, 10:32 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Since Ozzy and James are tight I imagine they've shared their Survivor stories with one another. And I would guess that Amanda has probably shared some things with Ozzy also. OK...get your minds out of the gutter. I mean, about China, not her booty.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
At the IC Jeff says, "Do you trust them?" Obviously the person who made the pact made it with more than one person and it was done openly

The website clue says the person extracts a promise of safety from every single tribemate.

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

04-15-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
Here's a nice little tidbit I found on SurvivorSkills that SurvivorBuff posted:

If you notice in the pic the airdate is 4/24!!!!!!! So Jason is around until Episode#11 or is that a typo on TV Guides part?

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S16 Episode #10 Title: "I promise...""
The Plot thickens. I have next week's TV Guide - dated April 21-27. This picture is found on page 3 "Moments of the Week: Must-See New Episodes."

What Jeff is saying happens this week and what this picture is indicating for next week don't match up!

04-15-08, 01:58 PM (EST)
11. "Thank You, Jeff"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

At least we know this is the big blunder week.

http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/displayimage.php?album=58&pos=22

This week on Survivor, for my money, it's about one event and that is up until this week, James, from China, held the distinction of the biggest blunder of all time. ... Tonight, the crown goes off of James head and onto someone else's because in my opinion that blunder is topped this week.

Nice lot of qualifiers there, Probster.

ETA: see youtube link above from sugar

dsrtgrl28 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-08, 06:00 PM (EST)
13. "New and funny theory..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 06:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 06:01 PM (EST)

This probably won't happen as it's complicated, but you never know...sure would be funny to see though:

What if Jason approaches Ozzy, offers him the immunity necklace if he wins the challenge as long az Ozzy gives him the hidden one, which would make them both safe. Ozzy agrees to this, but instead of giving him the real one, he crafts another "fake" one and gives it to Jason - which would leave Ozzy with double immunity.

Jason believes this one to be the real one, again, and plays it at tribal resulting in his boot.

Also it looks to me like Ozzy seems to be covering up a laugh at tribal here so this blunder might not be on Ozzy:

http://www.survivorfever.com/coppermine/cpgallery/displayimage.php?album=58&pos=22

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: New and funny theory..."
The producers are famous for switching in snippets from other episodes -- we've seen out-of-sequence previews in almost every Survivor season, so they could very easily have taken an image from last week's Tribal where Ozzy was snickering over Jiffy tossing Jason's "idol" into the fire during Eliza's boot.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-16-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
16. "Another Reason for Ozzy's Safety?"
I just remembered another reason that makes me believe the TVGuide is wrong and that Ozzy is assured at least one more week.

Earlier in the season, Probst was detailing with glee about the romances and specifically talked about the "steamy" footage that they obtained from the cave where a couple of survivors are doing something worthy of "steamy" footage that will be "edited, as Survivor is a family show."

I haven't seen that cave footage yet and I think Ozzy & Amanda are the most likely pair to get it on in the cave. Possibly it could be James & Parvati, but we really haven't seen more than flirting going on between them. Amanda & Ozzy have been making out.

So, Ozzy must live at least another episode until the "cave footage." Which makes me think Jason is going to willingly sacrifice himself, thinking Ozzy will be blind-sided at TC, but it ends up only flushing out the idol and Jason ends up getting his torch snuffed.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 02:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Another Reason for Ozzy's Safety?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Hi Catty! I hate to say it, but I believe the "steamy cave footage" was indeed the making out in the cave much earlier in the season.

Then remember the steamy shower scene that was supposed to be even steamier, was really more about Amanda and Ami rather than Ozzy and Amanda...

Jeff, I think, was just thrilled to capture any kind of contact on tape...

But, I will add that Ozzy is the star of this show...I think that we will see it written all over the pre-boot episode promos when his time has come.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-16-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Another Reason for Ozzy's Safety?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

I agree that the steamy cave scene has probably already taken place. What overhype...and the only thing steamy about the shower scene was water vapor. But in preseason comments didn't Jeff say something about the showmances lasting all the way to the end?

ETA I found it! Posted on Flowerpowers 1-31-08 Press Releases There's two love affairs that play a big part in this season all the way to the end.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-17-08, 08:05 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Another Reason for Ozzy's Safety?"
Crap! You know, now that you mention it, FloPo, you are most likely right. Especially in light of the "steamy shower" scene being nothing to get all worked up about.

Stupid Jeff with all his hyping is making this season a letdown. Now I expect that the biggest blunder in the history of Survivor won't be that big a deal either.

I still think Jason is going and Ozzy has a little more longevity in him, though. Mostly, because I believe most of the people left are idiots and won't take full advantage of getting Ozzy out. Too many "star-struck" and "hormone-driven" people left.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •