The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-01-08, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 07:59 AM (EST)

Survivor: Micronesia – Fans vs. Favorites
Episode 8: A Lost Puppy Dog

After a week-long hiatus, Survivor: Micronesia is back, and so is this week’s State of the Spoiling thread, a.k.a. the S.O.T.S. , where we try and figure out what is going to happen before the show airs based on the website clues and previews CBS throws our way, and then put it all together in one nice, neat, informative, spoilery package!

Here’s a synopsis of what happened in the previous episode:
Tracy tried hard to convince Ami and Erik that the Ozzy was too controlling and needed to go. Ozzy became Erik’s tree-climbing, coconut-getting mentor, which led to some close bonding between Malakal’s only two males. Malakal won a hot and sudsy shower reward, and Jason and Tracy were sent off to Exile Island. On the Airai tribe, Kathy got homesick and depressed over the “brutally torturous” conditions, and made the decision to quit the game, so off she went to Loser Lodge. Cirie and Amanda discussed Ozzy’s “arrogance” in the game, and considered getting rid of his buddy, Erik. Airai managed to pull off winning their third Immunity Challenge in a row. At Malakal, Ozzy tried to persuade the others to keep Erik and get rid of Tracy. Meanwhile, Ami contemplated a plan to blindside Ozzy and save Tracy. But in the end, Ami decided not to risk going against the Faves, and, as a result, it was Tracy’s torch that got snuffed.

For a more in depth and hysterical summary, be sure to check out this Episode 7 summary by Frisky.
You can also peruse Estee’s East Coast update thread for discussion about the episode by our RTVW members as they watched it.

Citywitch told us that the episode title this week is “A Lost Puppy Dog”.

At this point, we are down to eleven players, consisting of four men and seven women.
Here is the makeup of the current tribes:
Airai: James, Parvati, Eliza, Jason, Alexis, Natalie (3 Fans, 3 Faves)
Malakal: Ozzy, Amanda, Cirie, Ami, Erik (4 Faves, 1 Fan)

Smokedog posted the CBS website clues for this week:

A battle of the sexes begins to emerge, as some women contemplate joining forces to turn the tables on the strong men.

It sounds like this refers to the women of Malakal against Ozzy and Erik, as in this preview, where we see Parvati approaching Natalie with a proposition:

Parvati: “You and Alexis, me and Amanda, final four.”

Natalie looks like she likes that idea, as she smiles and nods in agreement, then discusses Parvati’s offer with Alexis:

One Castaway, alone and isolated, takes desperate measures to stay alive in the game.

This has got to be Erik, the only Fan on his new tribe. Bebo surmises that Erik is the desperate one, and that he spills the beans to Ozzy about Ami and Tracey’s plan to vote him out, as we saw in the last episode. So, Erik must be the ”lost puppy dog” referred to in the title. He’s brown-nosing Ozzy to save himself. In fact, a recent promo I saw tonight shows Erik begging for Ozzy’s help, followed by a quick flash of Ami. Looks like Erik is grasping at straws.

One Favorite is brought to tears when her loyalty and integrity are questioned.

It’s highly likely that it will be Ami who gets emotional, after Erik tells Ozzy about her plan to vote him out, and Ozzy confronts her about it, as mentioned by Pepe Le Pew and others.

Flowerpower brought us the over some of the vidcaps of the previews from Survivor Fever.

In all of the promo vidcaps, there are glimpses from only one challenge, so there may only be one this week.

Survivor Fever has posted this diagram of this challenge, called “The Gauntlet”, from TV Guide:

Sugarbooger62 brought over this vidcap from Survivor Phoenix, which shows an aerial view of the challenge:

Scarlett O’Hara pointed out the immunity idol next to Jeff in this photo:

So, it looks like the challenge at least involves tribal immunity, and maybe a reward as well.
Ohmyheck mentioned that this challenge is quite similar to a reward challenge used in Survivor: Palau. It involves the players getting across a challenging obstacle-type course. First, they must cross a rope bridge with steps over a sand pit, then they must go over a large body of water by walking across rolling barrels, balance beams, and floating pads. Players move left to right across the course, while their opponents swing heavy sandbags on ropes at them to try and knock them off. They may also have to dig to retrieve some sort of flag/key/puzzle piece, and then go back across the course again. We can see from the photo above that Cirie and James are trying to knock off the others.

We also see Ami as a sandbag hurler in this photo:

The promos really seem to be playing up the injuries in this episode. Right off the bat, we see Erik running and falling off the rope bridge, taking a hard blow to the torso:

Probst: “Erik takes a hard hit, he's out!”

Eliza looks concerned:

Oh no! Poor Erik! It looks pretty bad…or is it? Redbeard thinks it’s all just hype, and that CBS is trying to falsely misguide us into thinking that Erik will be the booted one this week. I think so, too.

Here are some other vidcaps, from our friends at Survivor Fever:

It looks like Parvati is sitting out of the challenge. Erik and Jason go tearing across the wooden bridge:

It is speculated that Alexis and Ozzy are sent off to Exile Island prior to the immunity challenge, and therefore do not participate in it. Based on the lack of vidcaps with those two performing in this challenge, I do believe this is the case. It is unclear at this point how those two get chosen to get exiled in the first place, though.

In some previews, Ami and Cirie are seen at night chasing after something and trying to stab at it with a stick. It looks like they are hunting something down. Did a chicken get loose?

Another CBS promo for this week discloses that there will be two immunities given this week.

Eliza: “This is huge!”

Michel found this picture from Survivor Phoenix (posted by Trixiego at Survivor Sucks) in which it looks like Ozzy and Alexis are stepping off the mat, likely going to Exile Island. He suggests that perhaps the exiled individuals also receive immunity. It’s still up in the air about whether they will be back for tribal council. I think they will be.

The promo also shows Jason holding a rat, while the voiceover says that “an island delicacy makes a comeback”:

Jason: “Out here, it’s survival of the fittest. Nobody’s eaten a rat since the first season of Survivor, so I’ll be able to bring that tradition back.”

In another promo by Jeff Probst (thanks for the link, Wez!) are some more new snippets of info:

Jeff Probst: “James continues to be annoyed with the women on his tribe. Not so annoyed that he can't continue to flirt with Parvati or fall for her flirting, whichever way that one is going to go. I'm never quite sure.”

James: “I’m at my wit’s end.”

And we also see some bonding between Amanda and Ozzy:

Jeff: “The Ozzy/Amanda love affair is reconnected a little bit. Things get back on track as they get a chance to spend some quality time together.”

Finally, Jeff tells us that “at Tribal Council, the tears flow and if you're a fan of Survivor you might even be able to guess who is involved in a Tribal Council in which there is crying”.

Ha! Well, Jeff, we are Survivor fans, and we can guess! My bet is on Ami as the crier.

Outfrontgirl theorizes that whichever tribe the teasers/website clues are mostly about will be the tribe going to tribal council. She thinks that most of the teasers are about Malakal, thereby setting up Erik’s betrayal to Ami to save himself, and directly causing her boot. Sounds to me like a likely scenario.

Flowerpower believes that Malakal has been purposely losing immunity challenges since the tribal switch-up, in order to boot the Fans off NuMalakal and have a Fave majority after the merge. That wouldn’t be too surprising, as we have all seen Ozzy use this challenge-throwing strategy before in Cook Islands.

So here’s how it all unfolds:

Rats: Eaten
James: Annoyed but flirtacious
Ozmanda: back on track

Immunity (and possible reward): Airai

Exiled (and Immune): Alexis and Ozzy

Bootee: Ami

Don’t forget to vote for your pick on the bootee in Dabo’s vote thread.

Here are some other interesting threads here in Spoilers to delve into even further:

Bebo posted a synopsis of the clues we have gotten so far based on Survivor Fever’s boot list.

ScarlettO’Hara started a thread on the “Million Dollar Quote”.

Veruca Salt ’s The Players, The Game, The Editing thread is always full of good insights.

A huge thanks to Survivor Fever and Survivor Phoenix for the excellent pictures and info. Also special kudos to all the individuals who take the time to analyze and discuss the snippets of info and try to piece together the puzzle for all of us each week. You all are great!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 dreamerbeliever 04-01-08 1
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 CTgirl 04-01-08 2
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 michel 04-02-08 3
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 KObrien_fan 04-02-08 4
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 Max Headroom 04-02-08 5
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 Flowerpower 04-02-08 6
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 byoffer 04-02-08 7
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 redbeard103152 04-02-08 8
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 CattyChat 04-02-08 9
   RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 mindy23 04-02-08 10
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 kircon 04-03-08 11
 SOTS Scarlett O Hara 04-03-08 12
   RE: RATS mindy23 04-03-08 16
   RE: SOTS Wallflower66 04-03-08 17
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 sugarbooger62 04-03-08 13
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 whoami 04-03-08 14
 RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8 Outfrontgirl 04-03-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-01-08, 08:32 PM (EST)
1. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Let me be the first to say, fantastic SOTS WF!

Not thrilled that Ami may be going, but your wonderful writing eased some of my pain. Great work Cin!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-08, 08:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Yay! Survivor is back!

Great job on the SOTS Wallflower!

Scarlett Oz'Hara ®

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:42 AM (EST)
3. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Great SOTS, Wallflower. It looks like a fun episode.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:49 AM (EST)
4. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Not around much but around enough to see this well written SOTS, great job Cin!

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 07:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Very nicely done, WF.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 08:54 AM (EST)
6. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-08 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Excellent summary there, Wallflower! And quite an enjoyable read to boot! Rats: Eaten, James: Annoyed but flirtacious, Ozmanda: back on track...this about sums it up in a nutshell! Thanks so much!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
7. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
WF

Smacktabulous as always! Good job pulling together a sometimes confusing week.

I hate when we suspect one challenge, and scoring comes down to whether or not Jiffy says the word reward.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Great job Wallflower. You tied up all the loose ends in my mind. The week after an off week is one of the hardest to figure out and you did a great job.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
9. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Fantastic SOTS, WF. It's been so long since the last episode, I almost forgot it's back tomorrow night.

Thank you for the great recap of the distant last episode and the summary of the spoilers over the last 2 agonizingly long weeks. I would be lost without all this.

THANKS!!!!

You better believe I am annoyed!
Surrounded by all these useless women & Parvati just teasing/flirting all over the place?
It just ain't right!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-08, 06:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"

Thanks for your summary. Sure hope you are not correct, but I suspect you are. Looks like I may be going home. Whoo-hoo! Not such a bad idea, after all. I could sure use a nice hot, bubble bath, and a gooooood deep tendon massage!!! Chow!~

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
11. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Thanks for all your hard work you did over our "vacation".

This is a SOTS we can sink our teeth into, like a puppy or rat.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
12. "SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-08 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-03-08 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

Woot! Great job, Wallflower!

One Favorite is brought to tears when her loyalty and integrity are questioned.

This clue fits in nicely with the Ami boot. I think this will indeed happen at Tribal Council and will lead to Ami making the walk of shame. Too bad. I would have loved to see her go much farther in the game.

Well done, my dear! Thank you!

Did somebody mention rat meat?

Here's the recipe...

First, you must clean and wash them ...

Next, you must cut them up into bite size pieces...

Add a little seasoning ...

and, Voila! RAT, the OTHER white meat!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-08, 06:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: RATS"

Yumm.........looks delish! Are you sure you have Survivor, and not Hell's Kitchen??? Wouldn't want to make anyone throw up now, would ya??

That looks almost too good to eat, where's the vegan woman, anyway? And why are we eating RATS instead of CHICKEN??

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-03-08, 08:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: SOTS"
Wow! That does look good (well the end product anyway)!

sugarbooger62 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-08, 04:06 PM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Very good job on the SOTS, WF. You put a lot of time into bringing all that info together. I wished the CBS clues would have came out a little earlier so we could have something to chew on during the dry spell. My survivor stomach thinks my throats been cut. I'm more than ready for tonight. Ooooooooo I can't wait.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-03-08, 05:38 PM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Great SOTS Wallflower. We will see what happens.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
15. "RE: State of the Spoilng: Episode 8"
Love it, Wallflower!!!
First topic I read today and delicious (unlike RAT, unless RAT is Jonathan).

I feel much better grounded after your summation.
oh, and thank you for the name mention, although it could certainly lead to public egg on face ... oh well.

it seems like when the door is open wide, the walls start closing in ~ David Baerwald , Why

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •