The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Preview TV Guide Channel: Survivor Micronesia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-08, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Preview TV Guide Channel: Survivor Micronesia"
As posted by Mekala over at Sucks Spoilers, here is an announcement for the preliminary promo from the TV Guide Channel. Note dates and times. I figured we could post all vidcaps and discussion regarding this preview in one thread.

From TV Guide.com:

A preview of "Survivor: Micronesia," the 16th season of the reality series. Included: a tour of the Tribal Council set and a look at upcoming challenges.

Here are the current listings:

Sun, Jan 27
8:00 PM Survivor: Micronesia---Fans Vs Favorites Preview

Mon, Jan 28
1:00 AM Survivor: Micronesia---Fans Vs Favorites Preview

Mon, Jan 28
11:00 PM Survivor: Micronesia---Fans Vs Favorites Preview

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Preview TV Guide Channel: Survi... Flowerpower 01-28-08 1
   RE: Preview TV Guide Channel: Survi... Estee 01-28-08 2
 RE: Preview TV Guide Channel: Survi... Flowerpower 01-28-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-28-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Preview TV Guide Channel: Survivor Micronesia"
I sure hope everyone caught this special last night, it was great! Hosted by last seasons winner, Todd Herzog, who did a great job, it really set the season up. Todd explained that it will indeed be the Fans vs. the Favorites, as well as explored the making/construction of Survivor, the TC, the challenges, as well as the contestants.

He noted that there will be an exile island brought back this season, but one member from EACH tribe will be exiled each week, so they will be forced to bond and perhaps have opportunities to get info from the other tribe and make secret bonds...sounds like a great twist!

Todd noted that the tribes will be brought in by natives in war canoes. He said that the first challenge after assembling on the beach is one where they have to race to another island and retrieve 2 immunity idols. The ones with the initial II's MUST play them the first time they go to TC. (My money is on Ozzy and perhaps Erik).

The daws that they commented on included:
1. Alexis: says she's fiercely competitve, from Texas, started her own motivational speaking business, has a strong christian faith but will not admit it or play it, she loves sports. Jeff would like to see her win.
2. Erik: Works in Hell, Mi, as a manager of an ice cream shop, he's a track star for Eastern Michigan, he doesn't want any romance to trip him up. Jeff says that he is the most excited to be on Survivor, hopes he can calm down and play the game.
3. Chet: He's coached girls his whole life in pageants, has good social skills, knows what people want and mean. He's gay. Jeff says that Survivor might be more than what he bargained for, would not surprise him if he were the first one out.
4. Natalie: She says she's genuinely nice, let's people talk first, she's introverted, and has done alot of missionary traveling, so she thinks she's worldly and will use those experiences, also she's a California Rocker, singer, and will definately flirt if need be, Jeff thinks the game will eat her up.
5. James: From China, says he's broke and that was his motivation to do this, says he sinks like a rock, James is the favorite that Jeff picks to win, James says he will form an alliance early and have more than one alliance.
6. Amanda: Amanda wants to make a strategy more vocalized, wants to collaborate with James, Jeff expects her to do well as she did in China.
7. Yau-man: He knows he can not play the feeble old man so will play harder with the social aspect, pick the RIGHT alliance. Jeff says that his chances of winning are remote.
8. Cirie: Last time I didn't have a strategy, I just capitalized on what was happening, could do the same thing. I will have a har time here, Jeff says she probably can't swim...but still thinks she will fit in socially.
9. Joel: He wants to team up with the other strong players, and he tends to fly right into the radar, not under it. He's not a deceptive person, not in his nature and he is doing this strictly for his family, Jeff notes he has a big heart
10. Kathleen: 45, older woman there, Illinois mom of one, Beer vendor on the golf course. Started out with a hard luck youth, was the class clown, Jeff says she will have a tough road ahead.
11. Jason, 22 - Student Teacher, says this will be "fun", gymnastics coach, he's from the Virgin Islands and thinks he'll rock at the physical challenges, especially the water. Jeff says he compares himself to Ozzy, we will see...
12. Ozzy: Says he came back this time because he did not win. This time he will play a great social game, he'll be like water and flow everywhere. He's betting there will be alot of water challenges and is looking forward to them. Jeff says if he gets near the end, he could win it.
13: Parvati: Will not be as naive this time, I will still flirt with the cutest guy, Jeff notes, has she learned to play on a deeper level? If so, could do well.
14. Jonathan: Jeff says he was a great and smart villain, he will take chances. Jonathan says he will point the target at the others to avoid being the target himself. Notes with the three from Cook Islands there, they could have a great alliance, notes that everyone thinks that he hates Parvati and vice versa.
15. Tracy: Mom of 2 that still thinks she's hot, She's in construction. Jeff says that moms don't have killer instincts...
16. Mikey B: From Boston, an actor, last one picked. Says that he will not be a physical threat, he's blue collar, funny, Jeff thinks he'll be fun to watch.
17. Eliza: First time I was too trusting and naive, never had a solid alliance, this time that will change. Jeff notes that she's a game player and hopes she stays, gets on peoples narves.
18. JFP: Villain: "they are all star struck, and they should be.". Jeff is his arch enemy.

Todd also noted that they will bring back some popular challenges from Palau, we see bits of the one where they ran with sand bags around in the water and the first team to catch up with one team wins...

Also saw the first IC, where they have to assemble a cart with puzzle piece wheels, then race on a course to an end point where they then have to dissassemble their cart and use the puzzle piece wheels in some kind of turn about contraption, and in the end lighting FIRE.

This was a great special, I will bring the vidcaps over later!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Preview TV Guide Channel: Survivor Micronesia"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-08 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

The ones with the initial II's MUST play them the first time they go to TC.

*watermelonrhubarb*

James is now the Favorite that Jeff is picking to win? That's a serious change of tune from his original commentary.

01-28-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Preview TV Guide Channel: Survivor Micronesia"
Thanks, as always, to Survivor Fever:

Segment one:

Segment 4, Tribal Counsel:

Segment 5:

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •