The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Your Contestants Are..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-07, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Your Contestants Are..."
TV Guide Online has the tribe listings, as well as Jeff's comments on each player.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/070820-01

THE FEI LONG (FLYING DRAGON) TRIBE

1. AARON REISBERGER
32, Venice, California; surfing instructor, bartender, restaurant manager
Jeff's take: "Aaron is a threat. He's a charming, good-looking guy, and he's got a side to him that's cold like steel. He's a bartender and he told us that he sizes up people fast to get a bigger tip. He'd tell you one thing and there was always something else going on. He's the guy who could be playing everybody."

2. COURTNEY YATES
26, New York City; waitress
Jeff's take: "Courtney's not the kind of girl who wakes up and says, ‘Should we go catch fish?' She'll say, ‘I need a cup of coffee and a cigarette!' She admits she can be a ##### with a negative attitude. At first, she is off-putting. But there's something oddly appealing because she's being real. She's tiny, but she can take care of herself with her mouth alone."

3. AMANDA KIMMEL
23, Kalispell, Montana; hiking tour guide, beauty pageant winner
Jeff's take: "Amanda probably is the most physically fit woman this season, very strong and confident. She's been outdoors a lot and she's not afraid of sticks or stones. Plus, she really knows the show — she's watched every episode — and after 15 seasons, that's an advantage."

4. JEAN-ROBERT BELLANDE
36; Las Vegas; professional poker player
Jeff's take: "He's a big guy with a big, big personality, exactly what you want a poker player on Survivor to be. Jean-Robert will tell you what he's going to do and you don't know if he'll do it or not, because he's a card player."

5. LESLIE NEASE
38, Tega Cay, South Carolina; Christian-radio host, fitness instructor
Jeff's take: "Being a Christian-radio host can hurt you if your religious beliefs come ahead of making decisions in this game — say, you can't lie to somebody because of your faith. On the other hand, people might trust you and you could pull the wool over their eyes."

6. DENISE MARTIN
40, Douglas, Massachusetts; school lunch lady, black belt in karate
Jeff's take: "Denise is a likable, blue-collar woman with the most lovely mullet. She has it, she tells us, because it fits her life. There's nothing pretentious about her. She's very honest and endearing and a hard worker. I just adore Denise."

7. TODD HERZOG
22, Pleasant Grove, Utah; flight attendant
Jeff's take: "Todd is a Survivor superfan who's wanted to be on since he was 14. Next to Courtney, he's probably the smallest person here. He's what you look for — a great personality who knows how to play this game."

8. JAMES CLEMENT
30, Lafayette, Louisiana; burial service owner, grave digger
Jeff's take: "He is without question the biggest guy we've had on this show. He's actually a gentle giant, a very decent guy who works extremely hard. But if you rile him up, he'll let you know what he's thinking."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/070820-02

THE ZHAN HU (FIGHTING TIGER) TRIBE

1. PEIH-GEE LAW
29, Marina Del Rey, California; music-video dancer turned jeweler
Jeff’s take: "Historically, Peih-Gee's qualities don't bode well. She's quick with an opinion and she's got a lot of them. But Peih-Gee is a player — she's smart and knows how to work with people even though she may have no idea what they're saying behind her back. She understands you can be bossy and make it work."

2. DAVE CRUSER
37, Simi Valley, California; model/actor turned bartender
Jeff’s take: "Dave is crazy. To his credit, he's a workaholic but sometimes to a fault. He fully embraces The Art of War from a strategic point of view — like, how to work with his tribe. Dave jumps out in the first few days and he's a delight to watch in his zaniness. You'll remember Dave for sure."

3. ERIK HUFFMAN
26, Nashville, Tennessee; musician, model
Jeff’s take: "Erik is a throwback to old-school politeness. When we cast him, Ethan went through our heads. He's humble, quiet and a nice guy. There was something refreshing about him being exactly what he said he would be."

4. ASHLEY MASSARO
28, East Northport, New York; WWE SmackDown Diva, beauty queen, reality-show host
Jeff’s take: "Ashley is definitely fit. She told me in casting, ‘On a daily basis I get thrown from 15 feet in the air and land on my back. I think I can push some coconuts around. Put me on the show.' She's strong and she's mouthy and she spends a lot of time running around in very little clothing."

5. MICHAEL "FROSTI" ZERNOW
20, Chicago; film student, parkour expert
Jeff’s take: "He's a good kid who brings something new. Parkour is a mix of gymnastics and martial arts. When we saw his tape, we thought he could just fly over some of our obstacle walls. We've never had somebody that had his kind of physical gift — he'll do a backflip when he's bored. And he's a sharp kid, too. He gets it."

6. SHEREA LLOYD
26, Atlanta; fourth-grade teacher
Jeff’s take: "Sherea is a fish out of water here, but she's a fighter. She is another person who will tell you what she's thinking. Sherea and a few others made me see the beauty and power of announcing who you are and being that person, because that makes you identifiable."

7. JAIMIE DUGAN
22, Columbia, South Carolina; college student
Jeff’s take: "Jaimie is a sorority girl and she's proud of it. The flip side is that's she's very bright. She speaks her mind and she actually makes some sense. She's very flirty, and she's good at it. I knew early on she was kind of the tribe mediator. She can hold her own — she's definitely not wimpy."

8. STEVE "CHICKEN" MORRIS
48, Marion, Virginia; former bouncer/fish breeder/logger turned chicken-farmer
Jeff’s take: "They don't make a lot of guys like Chicken anymore. He's an old-school, hardworking guy who knows what it is to build a shelter, get firewood, build a fire, try to catch fish — and then have lunch. If you put him around people who aren't his age and don't have his work ethic, he doesn't understand. He's going to have to adapt and it's not an easy task."

More information from the articles:
- Each member of the cast was given Sun Tsu's The Art of War so they could bone up on military strategy.
- Tribal Council is a replica of a historic temple.
- The first episode features a Buddhist ceremony.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Your Contestants Are... Estee 08-20-07 1
 RE: Your Contestants Are... michel 08-20-07 2
 20-year-old? SurvivorBlows 08-20-07 3
 Additional gameplay details SurvivorBlows 08-20-07 4
   Strategy implications. Estee 08-20-07 6
 Todd Herzog KObrien_fan 08-20-07 5
   RE: Todd Herzog ohmyheck 08-20-07 7
       RE: Todd Herzog stunnerphil 08-21-07 14
   RE: Todd Herzog Flowerpower 08-21-07 9
       RE: Todd Herzog KObrien_fan 08-21-07 10
 RE: Your Contestants Are... keezrfan 08-20-07 8
   WARNING Bebo 08-21-07 11
 RE: Your Contestants Are... nailbone 08-21-07 12
   RE: Your Contestants Are... vince3 08-21-07 13
       RE: Your Contestants Are... nailbone 08-21-07 15
       RE: Your Contestants Are... SurvivorBlows 08-21-07 16
           RE: Your Contestants Are... vince3 08-21-07 17
   RE: Your Contestants Are... RudyRules 08-21-07 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 09:07 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
- Each member of the cast was given Sun Tsu's The Art of War so they could bone up on military strategy.

'On death ground, we fight.'

...ever feel like you were being deliberately mocked...?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 12:49 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
Thank you for brining this over Bebo.

First thought is: Yeah! Only 3 Californians instead of 2/3 of the cast.

We're also back down to 16 players which means less twists like double boots, message in bottles and the likes.

The Fei Long tribe has the 3 biggest guys, I hope we don't see a repeat of Palau, especially since we have another war theme.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
3. "20-year-old?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-07 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

At 20, "Frosti" will be the youngest player ever, no?

Also, better make that at least four Californians -- Amanda Kimmel is a 23-year-old former Miss Montana USA 2005 that's now living in Los Angeles

08-20-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
4. "Additional gameplay details"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-reveals-identities-of-survivor-china-sixteen-castaways-5660.php

As Survivor producer Mark Burnett revealed last month, Survivor: China will not feature an Exile Island concept. Instead, the tribe that wins each Reward Challenge will be allowed to "kidnap" a member of the losing tribe. The kidnapped tribe member will remain with the other tribe until the next Immunity Challenge, at which time they will re-join their original tribe.

Similar to this spring's Survivor: Fiji edition, Survivor: China will feature one hidden Immunity Idol "hidden" ("in plain sight," according to CBS) at each camp. However since Survivor: China won't have an Exile Island, the clues about the idols' locations won't be tied to an Exile Island visit.

Instead, each "kidnapped" castaway will receive a clue note before leaving the Reward Challenge site -- but rather than getting to keep the note for themselves, they will be instructed to privately give it to the enemy tribe member of their choice. After reading the clue, the enemy castaway will have to decide whether they want to keep the information to themselves or share it with the rest of their tribe.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 05:27 PM (EST)
6. "Strategy implications."
1. 'We will have cross-tribe alliances if it kills somebody.' Sixteen players doesn't eliminate the possibility of early, middle, or late switches, but this is designed to get the paranoia about who's connected with who going well before that.

2. 'Protect the weak.' See someone you think you could beat in the challenges down the line? Give them the clue! Want a bribe for a future alliance partner? Clue! And what happens after you go back to your own tribe? Problem!

3. 'A + B doesn't equal anything.' So if Kidnap #1 gives one person a clue, and Kidnap #2 gives another person a different clue, then -- two people have two clues. There's no guarantee that successive clues will reprint all that came before. Finding the idol may be an exercise in cooperation instead of having the clues gradually narrow the location.

4. 'Did I say it's not on the ground? My bad.' Lie about the contents! Lie! Lie!

5. 'I didn't tell you to remember that.' If a kidnapee is switched into the tribe they were giving clues to, you have a new problem.

6. 'The rule for a double-bounce is -- what?' Because it's potentially still in play if the idols remain good after the merge.

Next?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-07, 05:16 PM (EST)
5. "Todd Herzog"
I am 99.9% sure that I met Todd Herzog at the first ever survivor gathering at Cocoa Beach in 2005. At the time he was 19 years old and living in Florida but from Utah. We stood in line waiting for the autograph session for over an hour together and chatted about the show, asked each other trivia questions, and made an alliance so that if we ever got on the same show we would go to the end together. He is a very handsome very well spoken kid, he loves this show inside out similar to a Brian Corridan or Rob Cesternino. He has met Neleh Dennis and loves her. At the time, Vanuatu had just finished and Chris Daugherty was a topic of conversation, Todd really liked the way he had played the game.

It was funny because between Todd and I we kept the fans that were waiting in line beside us in stitches. Todd said over and over again that as soon as he turned 21 he was going to apply and get on the show, I knew he was determined.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-20-07, 06:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Todd Herzog"
He was my favorite as soon as I saw the hometown. And it looks like I finally have company in the Neleh fan club.

stunnerphil 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-21-07, 04:43 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Todd Herzog"
Finally another Utah person and this one is from the town i live in going to be interesting to see how he does he will have big shoes to fill the last utah person got to the end was the runner up

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Todd Herzog"
Wow KT, that's really exciting! Now, if we could just get you on the show!

My money would be on you from the start! What is your gut feeling regarding Todd's chances on this show?

All in all, seems like a pretty good mix of daws; thanks for bringing it over Beebs, and I'm ready to play! Bring it on! I like that they have gotten rid of EI and are trying to mix it up...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Todd Herzog"
I honestly think that Todd has a great shot especially if as MB has said they get back to basics and this season reminds him of season 1. Todd is on a very strong tribe (James, Aaron, John Robert and Amanda are the strongest) and has 2 other long time survivor fans with him in the mix, they will understand the alliance longevity (Amanda and Leslie) factor. Todd is a really great fun guy and knows the game well. If he can outlast his Starbucks withdrawals he has a chance!

keezrfan 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-20-07, 08:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
<4. ASHLEY MASSARO[BR>28, East Northport, New York; WWE SmackDown Diva, beauty queen, reality-show host
Jeff’s take: "Ashley is definitely fit. She told me in casting, ‘On a daily basis I get thrown from 15 feet in the air and land on my back. I think I can push some coconuts around. Put me on the show.' She's strong and she's mouthy and she spends a lot of time running around in very little clothing."]

Hmm....since when are celebraties cast on Survivor? Could be interesting

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
11. "WARNING"
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. Please do not post the same message in multiple forums.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
"she spends a lot of time running around in very little clothing."

Woo hoo!!!!

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
either her tattoos got airbrushed away, or this is a very early picture......... (at bare minimum she has star tattoos just above each of her elbows that are missing.....)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
I think it is an early picture, but it was the most PG-13 pic I could find.

08-21-07, 05:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
I think that photo is from the "Diva Search" reality show-type competition that the WWE's publicists kept hounding us to cover at the time, LOL. "Diva Search" is how she got her start:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/ashley-massaro/biography

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 06:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
Have they bothered you about this years version yet? It'll start next month, I think..........

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 08:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Your Contestants Are..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-07 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

Woo Hoo is right!

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •