The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Probst Conference Call"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Probst Conference Call"
From Survivor Fever. I only reprinted a couple of parts, but the link to the whole transcript is here:

http://realitydish.insidepulse.com/articles/66133/

Transcript: Jeff Probst Answers Murtz Jaffer In Conference Call
Posted By Murtz Jaffer on 03.28.2007

JEFF PROBST CONFERENCE CALL
Date: March 27, 2007
1:00 pm ET

Question 1: Is there a possible alliance that could come to light in the next couple of episodes?

Jeff Probst: Well, I'll tell you this coming episode - this week has one of my - it's one of my favorite moments of the season. It's one of my favorite moments of all time. It's just one of those great, exciting moments. And it does involve a friendship between Yau-Man and Earl. And Yau-Man makes a quote that's similar to Rudy's quote about Richard Hatch, we're friends just not in a homosexual way. Its just people coming from different cultures, you know - this guy that was born in the south China sea teaming up with this black guy. And Yau-Man says as much. He's like I just never thought a big strong black man would become my ally in this game. And it's said with such delight and such love and really, it's a bond that will prove to be very strong.

Question 4: Do you think this year's Survivor teams - the "haves" vs. the "have nots" - has cut down the drama or the surprise element of the show? And if so, in retrospect, would you have taken a different approach?

JP: Well, I would answer it this way…each season of Survivor is in a sense a science experiment. You don't know what you're going to get. You have all these variables and you concoct this stew and then you see how it plays out. If we could go back to the beginning now and start Fiji over, I think we would make one change, and that is we would have the "good" camp. We would have them play for that each week. And that's something we talked about, and we just didn't know which way it was going to go. We didn't know if that would get too confusing and nobody would ever know where they were living and so that would be hard for the audience. We didn't know. So we decided let's just go for winner take all and see what happens and in the past we've had pretty good Survivor luck. This time, if you look at this as a mistake, then we certainly didn't have luck. But I will say the season isn't over yet and, you know, there's new life now for people. And some people get to taste, the good life. Other people are still starving on Poor Man's Island. But I think the show begins to pick up a lot of steam beginning this week.

Question 6: Last week when Lisi was sent to Exile Island, she asked to be voted off the island at that moment, which seemed like an insane mistake for a player playing for a million dollars to make. In your opinion, why after all these seasons of Survivor do players continue to make such obvious errors like that in their game play?

JP: I think it's because of what I was saying earlier - human nature...And in the case of Lisi - Lisi is not the most stable person that we've ever had on the show. She is very emotional. And she makes quick assessments and reacts even faster. And she knows this about herself but it is her nature. She can't stop. She knew she made a mistake. And she's not done making mistakes. You know, Lisi's mouth gets her in trouble just like Rocky's does....We cut that moment down to its bare essence, which is Lisi losing her mind, and me pointing it out. But that went on for about seven or eight minutes. I was sitting there thinking, I wonder if she's just going to walk off and never come back. I didn't know. And then she kind of gathered it back together and realized, oh god, I've made a terrible mistake, and, you know, the roller coaster continued for her.

***(this part is funny)***:

MURTZ JAFFER: Jeff, you gave it to Lisi pretty hard after the twist last week. Why did her comments bother you so much? And is it tough to remain effective while still retaining objectivity?

JP: Well, you know, it's funny, a friend of mine called and said, "man, I loved how you gave it to Lisi." And in the moment, I think that when I'm hosting Survivor it's a bit of a different persona. And it's one that I've gotten comfortable with. I feel like I know the edges of the frame to where I can wander. And I was merely - me, I was merely pointing out what I think everybody at home was probably thinking, which is you've lost your mind.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Probst Conference Call kingfish 03-28-07 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-07, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Probst Conference Call"
Yauman is going to get the People choice Million or car or whatever if they have that this time. And they should, he is certainly (if it pans out as indicated above) going to be a positive force for the show's popularity.

Another Rupert, maybe a smarter and more universally liked Rupert.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •