The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-19-07, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-07 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

Episode 6: "I’ve Got Strength Now To Carry The Flag"

It’s time again for this week’s State of the Spoiling thread, or S.O.T.S., to help bring together all the spoilers and determine what will happen on this week's episode of Survivor 14: Fiji.
If you are new to the boards, “Welcome!”, and please stop by and take a look at the board’s Community Guidelines.

Last week the show was on hiatus for a week due to the NCAA tournament. If you need a reminder about what happened in the last episode, check out Pepe Le Pew's amusing summary.
You can also read how the show played out through the eyes of our RTVW community as it aired on Estee's East Coast Update Thread.
In a nutshell: Yau-Man and Earl collaborated on a plan to find the hidden immunity idol. The thriving Motos seriously dominated against the deprived Ravus in the “sumo”-type reward challenge, winning even more luxuries for their camp. Earl was exiled. The immunity challenge involved a “Concentration” memory game, and once again Ravu lost and was sent to tribal council, where Rita had her torch snuffed.

For further exploration into the dynamics at this point in the game, check out the transcript from the Episode 5 Insider that Michel posted, as well as the RNO interview with last episode’s bootee Rita, which Brownroach brought over.

Brownroach told us the title of episode 6 is "I’ve Got Strength Now To Carry The Flag”. More than likely this is said by a member of the current Ravu tribe after finally getting something to eat at the luxury camp. Earl is the usual flag-bearer for Ravu, as Emydi points out, so perhaps it is he who utters these words.

Here is the CBS promo and the web promo for this episode.
FlowerPower brought us over the vidcaps for these promos from Survivor Fever.

CBS is revealing that there will be a “merger or something more wicked” in Episode 6, with the game reaching “a whole new level”. It will not be a merger, but rather the “more wicked” tribal reshuffling. We see the shocked reactions of the contestants to Jeff’s command:

Jeff: “Drop your buffs.”

Rocky: “What?”

Michelle: “Wow.”

From the previews, we know that Rocky and Dreamz end up on the same tribe, with Jeff commenting that “Maybe the biggest rivalry thus far has just paired up”.

Rocky: “Come on Dreamz.”

Earl and Boo are also seen connecting with a handshake.

Volcanic Glass at Survivor Phoenix spoiled the tribal switch a few weeks ago, and gave us a few clues to help figure out who will be on each of the newly-formed tribes.
Here are some of those clues:
“When the players won't take matters into their own hands to switch things up, producers will do it for them. With six players gone, it's time to mix it up and get some Moto players to experience the hard life. The last player standing after the pick'em will go to Exile Island, much as Sylvia did in the initial episode.”
“One woman and five men switch tribes; the exiled player is in the minority.”
“Two Erstwhile non-tribe members start the alternating tribe pick'em. Once the players are split up, the remaining player will be sent to Exile Island, while players draw lots to determine which camp each tribe will get.”
“Strength will have no power over the hex of the Ravu camp. The same tribe has to face Tribal Council, but this boot will be a first: a man is finally voted out of the game.”

Based on those clues, KOBrien_fan has the new tribes all figured it all out in her Tribe Swap Mechanics Speculation thread. She determines that Earl and Edgardo are the “Erstwhile” tribal pickers, with Edgardo choosing first. Then, in a chain-style pick’em, the person picked must choose the next tribe member, alternating between choosing someone from their own tribe and someone from the opposing tribe. The leftover person who is not picked will be exiled and then join the tribe that loses the immunity challenge.
Survivor Phoenix also spoiled that it is Lisi who is the exilee in this episode, so she is the one who ends up not being chosen by either tribe in the pick’em.

Lisi: “Awww…Geez!”

After the shake-up, the tribes end up like this:
NuMoto: Earl, Michelle, Yau-Man , Cassandra, Stacy, Boo

NuRavu: Edgardo, Dreamz, Alex, James, Mookie, Anthony

Once these new tribes are formed, Jeff then tells them that the “pickers”, Earl and Edgardo, must each draw a buff from a sack to determine which camp they will be getting. The tribe that draws the green buff will get the “haves” camp, while the tribe that draws the orange buff will get the “have-nots” camp.

The OldRavu members are longing for the better camp and a chance to finally eat something…

Jeff places the orange and green buffs in the bag

The buffs are drawn:

So, who gets which camp?

True Dork Times speculates that the NuMoto tribe will be the ones rewarded with the “haves” camp, while NuRavu will be stuck with the “have-nots” camp.

Note that, for now, NuRavu consists entirely of men. Will this give them the advantage to be able to finally win a challenge? Rocky seems to think so.

Rocky: “Right now we’re a superpower.”

But Anthony does not feel so secure with the situation.

Anthony: “I have absolutely no one to trust.”

On Moto, Earl and Yau-Man give their thoughts on their new circumstances.

Earl: “Have your friends close, and your enemies closer.”

Yau-Man: “The world just got turned upside-down.”

But KOBrien_fan reasons that Yau-Man is probably not saying this quote as a result of the tribal shake-up, but rather it is said after having found the idol. Survivor Phoenix says that Yau-Man and Earl will team up and find the idol, and it does seem likely that will indeed happen in this episode.

Because of the time it takes to do the tribal switch and the lack of footage from CBS, there will probably not be a reward challenge in this episode.
CBS also doesn’t provide us with much info in the promos in regards to the immunity challenge. As Brownroach points out, some of the vidcaps for the episode 6 promos appear to be old caps from the “Slip, Slide, and Score” challenge in episode 3.
From the few vidcaps we do have, the immunity challenge appears to involve the contestants getting through some type of maze or obstacle course structure with ropes while opposing tribe member’s attempt to thwart their efforts.

It looks like Dreamz is attempting to get through the course, while Boo and Cassandra are aiming to keep him from doing so.

Cassandra and Rocky appear to be struggling.

As to who wins the immunity challenge, thanks again to Volcanic Glass/SP, we have this clue: “Location! Location! Location! Strength will have no power over the hex of the Ravu camp. The same tribe has to face Tribal Council, but this boot will be a first: a man is finally voted out of the game.”

So we know from this that Ravu loses this immunity challenge and must boot a tribe member. But who is the most likely male to be booted from the Ravu tribe?

This is an easy one.

Anthony gets the axe (pun intended!), based on his lack of competence thus far in challenges, as well as the disdain his tribe mates Rocky and Mookie have for him. Anthony was also spoiled to be the 7th person out a few weeks ago, by both Survivor Phoenix and The4Kingdoms at Survivor Sucks.

After tribal council, Lisi will join the NuRavu tribe after returning from Exile. Will being the only woman on her tribe help or hurt her in the game?

Overall, here’s how it should all go down:

Reward winners: None (but Moto gets the luxury camp)
Immunity winners: Moto
Exiled: Lisi
Bootee: Anthony
HII: Found by Yau-Man (with help from Earl)

Don’t forget to make a vote for who you think this week’s bootee will be in dabo’s vote thread.

To see who all the other spoiler sites are picking for the week, take a look at Scarlett’s Across the Board Picks thread.

For a summary and discussion of the spoilers/clues posted at Survivor Phoenix, check out FlowerPower’s Survivor Phoenix Updates thread.

Another interesting read is Veruca Salt’s The Players, The Game, The Editing thread, in which she and others analyze the editing of each episode in order to predict future happenings.

That's it folks! Enjoy the show!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Scarlett O Hara 03-19-07 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 03-19-07 2
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Wallflower66 03-19-07 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... emydi 03-19-07 4
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... kingfish 03-20-07 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... RudyRules 03-19-07 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... CTgirl 03-19-07 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Flowerpower 03-19-07 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... whoami 03-19-07 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Pretty_Kitty 03-19-07 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 03-19-07 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 03-20-07 11
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Wallflower66 03-20-07 12
       RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 03-20-07 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... forehead 03-20-07 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... kingfish 03-20-07 15
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Outfrontgirl 03-21-07 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... SatHizFakShon 03-21-07 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Bravehart 03-21-07 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Max Headroom 03-21-07 20
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 03-21-07 21
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Scarlett O Hara 03-21-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
As Mistress Emydi would say, "Woot! Woot!"

Great job with the SOTS this week, Wallflower66! You've got all of the information we need to know this week ... and then some! It's very comprehensive! Thank you!

I especially loved the pic of Anthony getting the "ax"!!

One nation, under Romber...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Excellent and complete SOTS!!!!!

I was only confused by this:

True Dork Times speculates that the Ravu tribe will be the ones rewarded with the “haves” camp, while Moto will be stuck with the “have-nots” camp.

Since there are three old Ravu's on each tribe, this statement is unclear. I believe you have it correct at the bottom, the NuMoto tribe will still have the Have camp, and the NuRavu will still have the Have Not camp and continue the losing streak.

Once again, loved your SOTS!!

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

03-19-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Oopsie. Thanks for pointing that out. All fixed!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-07, 09:06 AM (EST)
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Great SOTS!!! SO good I think I may retire

tribey is my American Idol!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Now Now!

There is no retiring in spoilers!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
A truly awesome SOTS!
Well done.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Excellent job Wallflower!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-07, 05:12 PM (EST)
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
WOOOOHOOOOO! A very well done and thorough SOTS, my flower sistah! I especially loved the pic with Anthony getting the axe! Ha! Thanks so much,

FloPo

one nation, under Romber...

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-19-07, 05:22 PM (EST)
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Great SOTS Wallflower, you brought it all together.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-07, 05:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
great SOTS
cant wait to see if Lisi gets whats coming to her!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-19-07, 10:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Excellent SOTS!

Three is the perfect number.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Great SOTS Wallflower!

I think Yau-Man might say his "world got turned upside down" about having been switched to camp Moto before he was able to find the HII at Ravu. I'm not sure he will find the HII at Moto this week.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

03-20-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
You make a good point as always. Also, I wonder how will Yau-Man and Earl decide who gets the idol when they do find it.

03-20-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-07 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

I think Earl considers the idol to be Yau-Man's if they find it. Yau-Man got the clues saying it was in the cave, Earl didn't (although Earl has them now too). But since Earl is helping Yau-Man, they will probably agree to try to use it in a way that benefits both of them.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-07, 05:03 PM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Excellent, excellent SOTS, wallflower! We have amazing SOTS writers...

Thanks,
forehead

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-07, 06:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Nice job Fun-in-the-sun-flower. Smashing. Really good, and I'm not just saying that to make you feel good, either. Even though I admit that I would. But I don't have to, because it's really, really, no BS, for true, excellent.

I can't say that this is the best SOTs yet, cause we need to be mindful of other SOTS'ers feelings. But you set the bar for future SOTS posters.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 01:45 AM (EST)
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Super SOTS!!! Thanks! I truly feel caught up with this one read.

How dumb are Mookie and Rocky to let Anthony go?

Let's see, they've got hungry wolves Alex, Edgardo, And Dre with Lisi in the wings. Hmmm (assuming Dre doesn't play his hand until the merge), that's 4 as of next episode. Right now it's 3-3, what to do? Force a tie? Work on Dre?

Oh right, let's agree to pick off the weakest challenge player to make a stronger team, because old tribal lines are dead now. And Anthony's a big crybaby so WHATEVAH. Yep.

Rocky--Mookie Brain Trust, your days are numbered.

SatHizFakShon 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Nice SOT!

Look what God's done to us

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Wonderful SOTS Wallflower!

I love that I can come back after 2 weeks and caught up!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 02:38 PM (EST)
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Nicely done. Now I can skip Survivor entirely and watch Friday Night Lights instead. Does Survivor go back to Thursdays after this week?

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

03-21-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
Yes, the airdate for the next episode is 3/29.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-07, 06:22 PM (EST)
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 6"
I just saw on the web video that Jiffy does each week that Lisi breaks down/freaks out totally when she is told that she must go to Exile Island. She pretty much indicates to all that she doesn't care to continue on in the game ... these were words out of Jiffy's mouth!

Sorry -- I'll get the link later.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •