The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #3 Insider:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-07, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #3 Insider:"
The transcripts aren't up yet at Sucks but the clips are on CBS.com. I only have the votes written down for now, the rest should come later:

Tribal Council:

Mookie (Votes Anthony): “It’s not your will. It’s your attitude.”

Earl (Sylvia): “We need Stronger Players. Sylvia…Sorry.”

Rocky (Anthony): “Things aren’t working out.” Rocky mumbles things about meeting after the game.

Anthony (He has a hard times, writes a name, puts down the pen, picks it up to put a dot on an i, puts it down again, picks it up to write in a "L", puts down the pen, folds the paper, unfolds it and finally shows: SyLvia): “You’re a nice person, just not what the tribe needs.”

Michelle (Sylvia): “I just have to know if you have the idol or not.”

Yau-Man (Sylvia): “Nothing Personal. You are the most dispensable.”

Sylvia (Anthony): “I really like you, sorry. You’re the next most vulnerable after me.”

Rita (Earl): “Because you are not going to be voted out today and because I couldn’t vote for who we had agreed on. I hope you’ll understand.”

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #3 Insider: Flowerpower 02-23-07 1
   RE: Episode #3 Insider: emydi 02-23-07 2
       RE: Episode #3 Insider: Brownroach 02-23-07 3
           RE: Episode #3 Insider: Flowerpower 02-23-07 4
               RE: Episode #3 Insider: Brownroach 02-23-07 5
                   RE: Episode #3 Insider: michel 02-23-07 6
                       RE: Episode #3 Insider: Flowerpower 02-23-07 7
                           RE: Episode #3 Insider: rose1974 02-23-07 8
                               RE: Episode #3 Insider: Flowerpower 02-24-07 10
                                   RE: Episode #3 Insider: Brownroach 02-26-07 11
  Episode #3 Insider: michel 02-24-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
Thanks for posting here, Michel! VERY TELLING TC, imo! The lines are clearly drawn and it becomes easy to see who is with who!

Earl, Anthony, Yao-man, Michelle vs. Mookie, Rocky, Sylvia,

and to me Rita is clearly more with Mookie and company. I think she was talking to Mookie when she stated, Because you are not going to be voted out today and because I couldn’t vote for who we had agreed on. I hope you’ll understand. She voted Earl knowing that he wouldn't go, but she could not bring herself to vote out Anthony, even though she is tight with Mookie.

Sylvia spells it out, after her, Anthony is next on the chopping block as far as Mookie and Rocky are concerned.

one nation, under Romber...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 04:54 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
I think she was talking to Earl....

Stupid..she should have voted for SYLVIA like Michelle did

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-07 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

The lines are clearly drawn and it becomes easy to see who is with who!

Funny you should say that, Fp, because I really can't sense any definite alliances. James seems to be with Mookie (for now), but Rita is supposedly working all the men, and certainly has a connection to Anthony. And I agree with emy that her voting comments were directed at Earl.

Yau-Man, Earl and Michelle may be unofficially together but I don't think Anthony is with them at all. I doubt Earl, Yau-man or Michelle would have cared if Anthony left last night.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

02-23-07, 05:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-07 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

Interesting that you and emy both thought it appeared that she was talking to Earl... I have felt that she and Mookie are perhaps the closest in this tribe. It seems to me that Mookie is the one that had her back in ep 1 when Erica/Jessica/Rocky wanted to vote out Rita instead of Jessica. While it sounds as if she's talking to Earl by noting that she knows he's not going, the "I hope you will understand" was meant for Mookie,imo, she hopes that he will understand why she couldn't vote for Anthony and not follow with 'their alliance', and so she threw her vote toward Earl, who she thought would not be going.

Here's what Rita said as she voted out Erica in Ep. 2: RITA (Erica): I heard and noticed that you are aligned with Earl. I don't think Earl likes me, and that scared me, and that's why my vote tonight is for you.

Here is what Mookie said when he voted for Erica: MOOKIE (Erica): Sorry sweetie, but you're a threat to my alliance. Note that he said, "my alliance"...I think "my alliance " infers that he has one and it's with Rita and Rocky at this point.

In all of the post Erica boot info, I got the impression that the black Americans had bonded, according to Erica, and that included her, Anthony, Earl, and Dreamz. Could be telling into the future, perhaps. I definately think Erica and Earl were aligned as Earl spoke very fondly of her, that she was an athlete and player and that he wanted to marry her when she found the pineapples. Anthony is lost without Earl around camp, imo. He did not want to vote Erica as he, Earl, and Erica, I think were aligned.

Here is my response in michel's Insider, ep 2 thread: Wow, thanks for bringing this over, michel. Rita is really playing this game. She and Mookie are definately aligned and she tells us that Earl is not with her and Mookie, therefore they needed to get Erica out! Enlightening indeed. Mookie's vote confirms this.

I think Yao-man is the loosely aligned one. He seems to have more of the Sandra Diaz-Twine strategy as voting for anybody as long as it's not him. But I do think he's more loosely aligned with Earl and company than with Mookie and company. Perhaps it's because he's getting positive feedback from Earl...Earl calls him the professor in their Gilligans Island.

...just my take on it all, definately could be wrong.

02-23-07, 05:41 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
The vote speeches aren't edited on the Insider, I don't believe (remember Yul's 95-word votes?). Rita didn't address the person by name, so there's no reason to think she was talking to anyone other than the person whose name she was holding up.

02-23-07, 07:02 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-07 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

I like FP's reasoning but watching it, it does look like Rita is talking to Earl. She puts her parchment in view, displaying Earl's name and then starts talking. I think Rita's main alliance is with Anthony but Anthonmy is with Earl. She doesn't see Earl as her friend so she wanted Mookie on her side to have leverage in the alliance. Seeing Mookie going against Anthony might be a nightmare for Rita.

02-23-07, 08:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-07 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

I definately think that she could be talking to Earl too. I think she is with the first part of her response. It's after that that I question. If she is talking to Earl, than she couldn't bring herself to vote for Sylvia? That doesn't make sense to me, whereas not bringing herself to vote for Anthony does make sense to me...???

Also, I think when you put that vote confessional together with what she immediately said on the show, AFTER Mookie told her who the bootie of choice was going to be...??? Wish I could find a transcript now...

A bewildered Fp

rose1974 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-23-07, 11:49 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
I am thinking that she's saying that "I can't vote for Anthony" like my closer alliance (mookie, etc) because the vote would then be 4 to 4 and lead to the "fire challenge" etc. so she has to throw one vote to someone; so she throws it to Earl.

02-24-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
Yes, thanks Rose. I think that's exactly what she did. Although she's aligned with Mookie, she saved Anthony.

02-26-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode #3 Insider:"
It sounds like it was agreed at some point that Rita would vote for Anthony, and Earl was included in that agreement, which would explain Rita's voting comment to Earl. From Sylvia's final words, posted below by Michel:

I was told by my confidants, Rita and Mookie, that it was going to be 5 votes for Anthony and 2 for me, Earl and Anthony voting for me.

02-24-07, 02:40 AM (EST)
9. " Episode #3 Insider:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-07 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

Here are some more insider clips thanks to James Barber at Survivor Sucks:

ANTHONY IS A TARGET?

Is the Ravu tribe feeling unsympathetic toward the soft-spoken Anthony? Could his head be on the chopping block yet?

(Mookie lays on the ground watching Anthony sweep the ground)

MOOKIE (solo): I don't know if I trust Anthony. He's one of the weakest guys on the team, and I haven't talked to him much about alliances, but he said he was going to vote with the majority at Tribal Council and instead he voted against Sylvia. That just proves he doesn't go with the majority. With those kind of people you just gotta kick 'em out.

(Anthony walks along the shore)

ANTHONY (solo): At the last Tribal Council instead of voting for Erica like everybody wanted to, I voted for Sylvia. I decided I couldn't vote for her , at the last minute. I'm in this vacuum of fear right now. Right now I'm looking at the people who are here, knowing that everybody is gunning for me.

(Anthony lays on the ground beside Yau-Man, with Mookie sitting close to them)

MOOKIE: What have you been doing all morning?

ANTHONY: Wandering around back and forth, aimlessly.

ANTHONY (solo): I know there's something working through me and moving through me that allows me to know I'm greater than any of this.

(Anthony gets up to try to chop a coconut)

ANTHONY (solo): It's funny, cause I get out here and I know I may not be A #1 Superman out here, but I'm still here and I know I can do this.

LISI'S GAME

Watch as Lisi reveals just how out of place she actually feels in the game of Survivor. What's her plan of attack to continue in the game?

"Normally my niche has nothing to do with this. (laughs) Normally I'm not the kind of person that goes camping, I'm not the kind of person who catches her own food. I go to resturants, and gallery openings, make music. That's my world. That's probably as far removed from this as you can have. "

(cut)

"Yeah, I'm being very selective as to when I apply myself, because this is a marathon, not a sprint. If I'm going to give it my all every day, I'm going to be exhausted. I think only day 8, we're just now getting into it. And furthermore, it doesn't make any sense to my tribe, for me, for the game in general, for everything to go full throttle at once. So yeah, I will pull in my resources when I need to, conserve energy, pull back when I have to. Self-preservation, man. That's what I'm all about."

(cut)

"Dude, it's all about timing. When I feel like it's my time to come in, I come in. When I feel like I'm not needed, I chill in the background. You have to just take it step by step. You can't think, 'I'm going to be in the front all the time', or , 'I'm going to set the stage for this.' There's too many variables in this game. It's not going to work."

(cut)

"I mean this whole game is such an example of life in general. Such a microcosm of social Darwinism at its finest sort of thing, you know? The rules that apply in the big world apply right here, right now. You have to find what works for you, what you're good at, and do it. When you're needed in different places, you avail yourself. When you're not needed, you pull back. Again it goes back to knowing yourself. If you don't know yourself you'll stick your foot in your mouth, you'll stick your foot in a hole and break your ankle (laughs). Again you just have to know yourself and know your place."

(cut)

"As far as the big world and here, it's really just human nature. You're still dealing with people. You're not dealing with people in the city setting or the business world or what have you, but you're still dealing with people that are gonna behave the same way under any circumstance. If I sit here and really start to pick apart people, I could say, 'Oh God, that's the receptionist at my job,' or, 'Oh look, that one has my boss traits,' or, 'That's like my mail dude.' Everyone falls into a pattern regardless of where they are. That's what I meant by it relating to the world at large. Totally there."

SYLVIA'S FINAL WORDS

Soon after having her torch extinguished, a shocked Sylvia gives her final thoughts as she exits the game.

"Well, tonight I was really blindsided. Before we got here to Tribal Council I was told by my confidants, Rita and Mookie, that it was going to be 5 votes for Anthony and 2 for me, Earl and Anthony voting for me. What was interesting was I never got a very solid sense about the whole thing, so I came actually kind of prepared. I had a pretty strong sense it was not going to be Anthony. I don't know why, but I did. After the vote happened, I thought, 'Uh-huh.'"

(cut)

"Did it happen because someone changed their mind during Tribal Council? That's possible, but more than likely there was some kind of backroom dealing going on to save Anthony. The reason I know that is because they didn't look me in the eye when they were telling me - I would go to Rita and Mookie and say, 'Are we good?' and they would say, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,' and then when I wanted to Yau-Man, and said, 'Is it still on? Are you going to vote for Anthony?' he said, 'At this moment, yeah.' I should have picked up on those clues, but I didn't because I believe in the principle of if you give your word, it is what it is. Rita actually told me she would tell me exactly what would go down, whether it was good news or bad news for me, so I would be prepared. She herself may have been blindsided, since I was only one vote off of Anthony, one vote more than Anthony. Perhaps someone just changed their mind at Tribal Council. So anyway, I've been had..."

(cut)

"It doesn't feel very good to be blindsided, because I'm a person of integrity, especially with Rita, who is my communication person to the outside world - the tribe - so to speak, she made it clear she would tell me everything, good or bad. So my last line of defense didn't work. The blindsidedness, I don't know what happened. There are a lot of factors that caused it, but I don't know, I really...I was going to try to outwit everyone, and they outwitted me."

(cut)

"I think they're going to be eaten alive. They're still so hungry. We got one crab, one tiny little crab each, and one tiny little clam each today, and that was it. And lots and lots of water. I think unless something miraculous happens, they're just going to keep getting decimated by the other tribe. I'm telling you that tribe is strong, well-fed, healthy, and they are a well-oiled machine, which our tribe somehow keeps missing."

(cut)

"You know the problem in this tribe honestly is no one will emerge as a leader and no one will take the position of being a leader. You have this terrible grey area where if you don't have leadership you've got to create leadership, either take it or vote it in or whatever. If indeed tonight or tomorrow they're going to begin this counseling session that they're going to do or really are planning to do, then what I would recommend is to just go ahead and vote a leader. They actually said no one wants to be a leader because they're the first ones on the chopping block. That's dumb. If you're the leader and you take risks, you're not going to be put on the chopping block. It's still going to be somewhat performance-based. I think that their strategy is all wrong and that's why they're not winning."

(cut)

"I don't know how honest Ravu is going to be able to be with each other. Unless they undertake this very drastic move of having these heart-to-hearts daily. I don't think it's gonna happen. There's a lot of hidden agendas in this group. I just don't know what's going to pop out finally to cause them to speak honestly with each other. I was not able to do it. It seemed like all my motivations, which were for the good of the tribe, were always misread."

(cut)

"I felt like I was really honest today. I had to do that little apology to everybody for my performance in the challenge. They were all, 'Oh, no big deal, that's fine, that's fine,' but what do they really feel? I don't know! So I decided to grab the bull by the horns and apologize to them ahead of them continuing to just jibber-jabber behind the scenes and not tell the truth to the the person that they were worried about."

(cut)

"I actually really really like the entire group of both tribes because I had 3 days to get to know everybody. I'm not that angry or resentful right now, I'm just looking forward to seeing them all after they've clawed each other's eyes out later on. (smiles)"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •