The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-06 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-16-06 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

Episode 9: "Message in a Bottle"

Welcome everyone to this week's State of the Spoiling thread, a summary of the spoilers for Survivor’s episode #9.

First off, all our new readers should take a moment to read our Community Guidelines if you haven't already read them. Next, everyone can put “The Police” CD as the soundtrack for this episode where we’ll learn what is the message in the little bottle that Jeff has teased us with since the recap.

Before we get to this episode, you can catch up on last week’s episode in Snidget’s excellent summary. (If someone can explain the title however, I’d appreciate it!)

We also have our East Coast thread where FP and cqvenus , among others, kept us updated with nimble fingers.

In short, the episode started with Aitu being happy with their plans and Raro being unhappy with Brad. Later Aitu was unhappy with Candice and Jonathan who switched tribe and Raro was happy with the numbers advantage it gave them. After the challenges, Aitu was happy again with their wins and Raro was unhappy with Jonathan. In the end, Brad was voted off as if the tribal council had been held 10 minutes into the show. I know it’s hard to believe from this description but it was a great episode!

The official title of this week’s episode was brought to us by BrownRoach :

People That Like You Want to See You Suffer

We’ve also known for 3 weeks that this episode will be a Double boot and that there is the merge after the vote. What hasn’t been revealed by CBS but has been discovered by TDT is that both boots come from The Same Tribe!! The bottle’s message should reveal that to the players.

First, we should look at what will unfold in the first part of the hour.

In an attempt at mis-directing our own posters, we have two Mis-Direction threads. Here, Chez proved to have the faster fingers and gave us a first thread which contains most of the discussion concerning the CBS information. The other mis-direction thread from FP had a post from OFG with the following information: Raro is the merge camp. As far as the CBS information, here it is:

1-One Survivor hopes that their efforts to provide for their tribe will protect them from elimination, despite being low on the totem pole.

2-A festive prize is up for grabs at the Reward Challenge. Will one tribe’s bickering and inability to work together cost them the Reward or can they pull it together to win big?

3-Emotions run high as one Survivor is betrayed by friends and unanimously sent to Exile island.

4-One tribe worries that another member has mentally checked out of the game. Will their lack of enthusiasm put them on the chopping block?

5-At the end of the Immunity Challenge the losers receive a message in a bottle that’s not to be opened until Tribal Council. How will that message change the course of the game?

For #1, FlowerPower was the first to suggest that Jonathan is the one who hopes that his work efforts will save him although he knows he's low on the Raro totem pole.

Well, we know that Raro loses the RC in #2. The festive prize for the RC is the native party, where the Aitus will get carried to a shack with a feast awaiting them.

The Parade to the local village.

The clothes worn during the challenge.

Identifying the winners.

They get to meet Barney Rubble, as identified by Knuckles by the water buffalo hat and the brown suit!

We had an early look at this reward in the promo that followed the recap: Volcanic Glass brought the nice vid-caps and identified the players by the clothes they are wearing.

OFG had a tip that corroborates the vidcap analysis: “I was given to understand there were at least two guys, two girls, a Jamaican and a Japanese,” she told us.

#3 should also refer to the suffering in the title. Jonathan and Candice are prime candidates but xwraith has proposed Jenny has a possible exiled player. She would feel betrayed if the ones she thinks are her friends, send her to Exile Island. That would mean the losing tribe decides.

#4 should refer to Nathan who sees another “Supreme”, Rebecca, run out of gas. We heard her telling us that her body had quit during the water challenge. She probably hasn’t recovered fully and would be voted out.

#5 has caused quite an uproar. Most of the discussion about that little bottle is contained in the previous Chez post and in the new post by my fellow Canadian Cathy where a discussion about the jury composition is also going on.

We know Brad is the first member of the Jury. He hasn’t met Ozzy or Sundra, but he may award one of them the million. The discussion also includes points of view about having started the jury with the 12th person. Will there be a jury of 10, a jury of 9 with a F3 or will some players not be selected for the jury?

All the speculation about the message was cut short by Forehead who brought us a late press release: “After losing the Immunity Challenge, the defeated tribe is handed a sealed bottle containing a message that will be read at Tribal Council after they have sent someone home. What is the message and how will it change the course of the game?” So we have two separate votes.

We still had the question of an even number of jurors and Snidget proposed that the F3 winner could nullify a vote. It could be a 10 person jury and to break the tie, the F3 immunity winner would also have one vote in the urn, forcing the person brought to the jury to earn 6 votes. Many other interesting suggestions were included in the 2 threads.

This time BR may have spoiled us by finding a post by Prometheus at “Sucks” which says that it will be a Final 3 to face the jury. How accurate is that spoiler? *

FP’s preview vidcap told us that the romance between Adam and Candice is still going on and that Jenny wants to keep Adam focused on the game. Good luck!

Candice holding Adam's hand.

Jenny: “Candice, I worry about because we don’t want Adam to falter.

The promo vidcaps thread tells us that Burnett likes his small tribe. The Fearsome Foursome, he calls them.

Fearsome Foursome

We also have their picture come on screen one after the other which has prompted FlowerPower to suggest that it could be the final order.

F4?

F3?

F2?

Sole Survivor?
I can't see why the jury wouldn't vote for Yul or Ozzy but I'll let you decide!

It would coincide with what Brownroach tells us from TDT Survivometer

We don't have many challenge vidcaps but this one tells all that is needed:

It is a water challenge. Can there be any doubts who wins? Maybe Raro could have used Micheal Phelps rather than Jonathan!

We also see a vid cap of Jeff tossing the bottle:

The bottle can be seen between Yul and Ozzy’s head on a trajectory to the losing Raro. Since Burnett has always envied us, he once more spoils the episode by showing who is holding “Stumpy”. On that picture, Yul is holding the immunity idol under his left arm!

With the show apparently spoiled, I can propose some interesting reading. First, Forehead brought us last episode’s Insider that contains Brad’s final words, the votes that put him on the jury and some nice thoughts from Sundra.

There will be time also to catch up on VerucaSalt’s editing thread where she makes us realize that there are more stories being told than appears on the surface. Is there a possibility that the long term spoilers aren’t accurate? If anyone can make you question it, it is Veruca.

In conclusion:
-Reward Challenge: Aitu wins it.

-Exiled Player: Candice probably with Jonathan and Jenny to consider.

-Immunity winners: Aitu

-Booted Players:

Rebecca

and Jenny. (Cristina should smile at this picture)

The tribes merge to Raro Beach after the vote.

Next week’s episode title was brought to us by Forehead :

“Why would you trust me?

Is Jonathan trying to get back in with Aitu after the merge?

Please remember to vote in Dabo’s thread and check out Scarlett’s "Across the Boards picks".

This is were we stand before the show. I'll update if any news break before airtime.

I hope you've enjoyed this thread and lets hope for some excitement on Thursday!

ETA: * I've received information that puts the spoiler about the Final 3 facing the jury in doubt.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... KObrien_fan 11-15-06 1
 Way to go, michel! Flowerpower 11-15-06 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Snidget 11-15-06 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Max Headroom 11-15-06 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Wallflower66 11-15-06 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Brownroach 11-15-06 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... CTgirl 11-15-06 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Bravehart 11-15-06 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... seahorse 11-15-06 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... forehead 11-15-06 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Scarlett O Hara 11-15-06 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... strid333 11-16-06 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... emydi 11-16-06 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... Outfrontgirl 11-16-06 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-1... whoami 11-16-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 04:10 AM (EST)
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
An excellent and timely SOTS, thanks for putting this all together for us!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 06:56 AM (EST)
2. "Way to go, michel!"
Michel, I've said it once and I'll say it again...you ROCK! Excellent SOTS! You are the master of it, after only one previous SOTS, WOW! What do they say, see one, do one, teach one!

Thanks,

fp

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 07:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
(If someone can explain the title however, I’d appreciate it!)

It's the song title for the first lyrics I sprinkled into the summary.

That No, no, nononono. I said no, no, you're not the one for me is a oft repeated line in the song "Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree"

The mutiny reminded me of that line from that song.

thanks for the shout out!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Though I don't have much to offer on the spoiling side, I like reading what the resident experts think... and this is an excellent SOTS. Well done!

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-15-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Merci vraiment pour un autre SOTS formidable!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Great job, as usual, michel.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Nice job! Looking forward to seeing Raro get whooped!

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Good job again michel! Everything is included!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Well done. I think you have it covered.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-06 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Fantastic SOTS, michel!

Thanks very much,
forehead

ETA: Excusez moi, c'est vraiment magnifique! Merci beaucoup! J'espere que cette "episode" est comme ce "SOTS". On peut toujours rever, n'est-ce pas?

ETA bis: That final 4 composition is actually really well done. Note how the degree of smiling/happiness increases from B to Y to O to S... Tres interessant....

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-06, 09:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Ahhh! Michel, it's magnificent! Well done, easy to read, and has all the information I need to know this week! Thanks so much, Sugar!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-06, 06:51 AM (EST)
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Excellent summary of the week!

Three is the perfect number.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
Thank you for a great SOTS

Thank you for pinch hitting for me this week, I really appreciate it!

GREAT SOTS I really needed it this week!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"
I sure did enjoy this thread! Fantastic SOTS and I expect no less from michel!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling: Season-13 Episode 9"

Great SOTS Michel Thanks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •