The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-06, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Website clues: (thanks to Mekala at Sucks for putting them up)

A major twist at the Reward Challenge results in betrayal and leaves one tribe stunned. How will this turn of events effect the Survivors' morale?

Banished to Exile Island, one Survivor worries about being away from the tribe at a critical bonding time.

One Survivor desperately tries to fit in with their tribe, but suddenly finds out they're on the outside.

One tribe bonds over sharing momentos from home while the other struggles to find common ground.

We already know the mutiny twist thanks to TDT. Jonathan and Candice jump ship. Only "One tribe stunned" tells us, I think, that no one leaves Raro for Aitutaki. TDT said so anyhow.

Banished to Exile Island, one Survivor worries about being away from the tribe at a critical bonding time.

From tribe losing RC, I'd guess Raro, gee, I think I'd banish Jonathan if I were Aitu, but just a guess. He's a worrier and he should worry being out of the brand new loop!

One Survivor desperately tries to fit in with their tribe, but suddenly finds out they're on the outside.

Brad ... previews show he makes himself an outsider, this probably follows his desperate stage and is called stage of accepting no one likes you that much and deciding to go eat worms.

One tribe bonds over sharing momentos from home while the other struggles to find common ground.

Raro is the one that suddenly needs to find common ground, so Aitu must win the mementos from home -- therefore Jonathan is the exile as per above. Who would you send? Dirty rat traitor!
We never trusted you!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 KObrien_fan 11-03-06 1
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 Brownroach 11-03-06 2
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 forehead 11-03-06 3
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 Outfrontgirl 11-03-06 4
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 Brownroach 11-03-06 6
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 heresy 11-06-06 19
 Question smokedog 11-03-06 5
   RE: Question ohmyheck 11-03-06 7
       RE: Question smokedog 11-03-06 8
           RE: Question alwaysintruble1 11-03-06 9
               RE: Question xwraith27 11-04-06 10
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 survivoraddicted 11-04-06 11
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 Outfrontgirl 11-05-06 12
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 michel 11-05-06 13
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 xwraith27 11-05-06 14
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 emydi 11-05-06 15
 RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 VolcanicGlass 11-06-06 16
   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 xwraith27 11-06-06 17
       RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 Flowerpower 11-06-06 18
           RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 xwraith27 11-06-06 20
               RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 magilla 11-07-06 21
                   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 KObrien_fan 11-07-06 22
                   RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 Brownroach 11-07-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
1. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
I agree with your analysis 100% OFG. And this one:

A major twist at the Reward Challenge results in betrayal and leaves one tribe stunned. How will this turn of events effect the Survivors' morale?

This is Aitu, and the phrase "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" is apt here. These guys will bond and dig in for the long haul.

This twist is exactly what Jiffy was referring to at the start of the season about "something happens half way through that rocks the game in a very nice way"

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
2. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
By George, I think you've got it.

Grammar/spelling errors:

1. "effect" instead of "affect"

2. "momentos" (not a word) instead of "mementos"

(I won't count using "their" to refer back to "One survivor" because they always do that.)

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
3. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Outstanding! Misdirection, language, all wrapped up!

11-03-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
LOL, BR, I was too tired last night to notice.

"Momentoes" is pretty funny.

If not for TDT spoiling who goes for mutiny, we'd have a whole week of spec about this ...

11-03-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
That's true, LOL. We really don't have anything to figure out this week now. (twiddles thumbs)

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Most style guides now allow the use of "their" as a non-gender-specific adjective for an individual in a mixed-gender group, which is how it is used here. "His" and "Her" are now used only when the group is exclusively male or exclusively female.

"His/her" is considered cumbersome, and "its" isn't considered to be appropriate for a person. "Their" has been agreed upon as a politically correct adjective that is not cumbersome.

The older style guide I used in college -- about 20 years ago -- would have required the use of "His" in the original sentence, as the person being booted might be male. "Her" was only appropriate for a single person in a group when there were only females in the group.

The example given in class had a group of Girl Scouts, each eating "her" own lunch. When a single boy joined the group, each child ate "his" own lunch, no matter if there were 9 billion girls eating lunch with him.

Of course, that wouldn't be politically correct now, would it?

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-03-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
5. "Question"
>A major twist at the Reward
>Challenge results in betrayal and
>leaves one tribe stunned. How
>will this turn of events
>effect the Survivors' morale?

>We already know the mutiny twist
>thanks to TDT. Jonathan
>and Candice jump ship.

Why do Jonathan and Candice jump ship? Aren't they already in a alliance with Yul and Becky? That's a solid 4, why screw that up and jump ship and look like traitors?

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Question"
To meet up with Parvati and Adam.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 11:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Question"
So they're getting out of their alliance of four in a six person tribe, to get into an alliance of .....four in an eight person tribe??

Whoa.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-03-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Question"
Yul has had several confessionals about the lack of trust by his alliance members of Jonathan. I believe Yul has made mention of this in the last two episodes. Why would they make such a big deal over this?

I'm thinking that maybe he catches wind of this before the RC, realizes that me might be the next one to go, and decides that he might be safer on the other tribe.

Candice might just follow suit since she's alligned more with Jon than the others, or just to be with Adam.

Then again, I'm never right about these things.

If we are what we eat, I'm fast, cheap and easy.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-06, 04:42 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Question"
Check out forehead's post here. To me, it seems like it's Jonathan that will do the following and not Candice.

survivoraddicted 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-06, 08:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
I think Parvati and Adam might vote for Jonathan if they do go to tribal council. They were only together 6 days. And I think they trust Jenny, Rebecca, Nate and probably Brad more than Jonathan.

11-05-06, 02:01 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
No one trusts Brad. Very large mistake being the only one to vote Jenny and not Cristina. Same mistake Flicka made, voting for Jonathan and not Cowboy. I expect the same consequences.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Since very little suspense is left of what will happen in eposode #8, I'd like to throw out a twist to how this mutiny could work out:

With a bloated 8 person tribe at this stage of the game, what if Jonathan, the schemer, decides to throw all the ICs? He could propose it to the other 3 oldRaros and even get Nathan on board. They'd get rid of the Raro outsiders while retaining the numbers. Jonathan could even let Yul know, (during a challenge battle for example) what he is doing for later on!

If he gets exiled, he might worry he wouldn't have a chance to set his plan in motion.

11-05-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
14. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-06 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

With a bloated 8 person tribe at this stage of the game, what if Jonathan, the schemer, decides to throw all the ICs?

This was what I was thinking during Guatemala: Danni & friends throwing all challenges and get rid of oldYaxha, then hook up with oldNakum at the merge.

The problem with throwing challenges (especially if you're Jonathan) is that you can't be sure that you have the majority (or at least the tie) when you get to TC. Even if Candice snags Adam, Jonathan can never be sure where Parvati and Nathan's loyalties lie. Jonathan has to be extremely sneaky and extremely subtle to pull this one off.

Secondly, even if he does get Adam and Parvati to vote with him and Candice, it's still a tie, with a 50% chance of losing one of your alliance members or yourself at the tiebreaker. Will Yul give Jonathan the HII if he knows of these plans? I doubt it. He can put the idol to better use.

-=-=-=-

Another thing I would like to talk about is this line:

After reading and re-reading and rere-reading, I'm still not fully convinced that it's Brad. Just based on the wording that they used, I think it's Candice. Sure, Brad is on the outs of his tribe, but why will he be desperate? We know that he's friends with Parvati from the Insider. And why would Candice be placed in higher regard than Brad? While Candice definitely has Adam, she also puts Parvati's "flirting with the guys" plan in jeopardy.

Here's what I think as of the moment: Raro loses IC. Jonathan is exiled, leaving Candice alone with her new tribe. She proposes some bonding time, during which she finds out that Raro is one whole alliance that votes people out not for being in a different alliance, but for being an outsider. She realizes that she and Jonathan are in BIG trouble because now, they are the outsiders. She and Jonathan come up with a plan to get rid of any Raro member to save their a$$es, and realizes that no one trusts Brad. They capitalize on this crack in the big happy Raro alliance and suggests to everyone to vote him off.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
15. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
x, I actually think this is Jonathan when he returns from EI.

I never thought this was Brad--desperate is not a word I would ever use to describe Brad; he just has not been seen as that type of player; esp when he says in the previews "it's every man for himself" not a very desperat thing to say.

I don't think it is Candice bc she has Adam and she won't feel desperate.

Jon had it okay over at Aitu but then I think was "forced" by Candice to move too. He's the desperate one, imho. He's been seen in Ep 7 as a little desperate changing from Ozzy to Flica in order to save himself.

I do think though you are right that Jon and Candice capitalize on the rift with Brad.

Also, Parvati may have been tight with Brad but after last week she wanted to punch him in the mouth, and the way that Raro usually boots the "problem child" of the moment, I think Brad is toast.

Hence the desperate misdirection quote (about Jon) is just that, misdirection.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-06-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
16. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Some confirmation of Candice switching.

11-06-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
17. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Adam and Candice--together again?

Check out this pic I stole from FloPo's thread:

Notice anything blue on Candice's left wrist?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
Sorry Xwraith, VG is one step ahead of us...

She discovered that blue on Candice's wrist is not a buff, but a blue wristband of some kind that she wears...Good eye though!

fp

11-06-06, 08:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
D'oh! Thanks FP! FWIW, I wasn't wearing my glasses when I posted that picture </lameexcuse>

magilla 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-07-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
21. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
I haven't seen this mentioned anyplace and since I saw possibilities were being tossed around for something to do, how about this.

I know there has been nothing to suggest it happens but nothing has really been shown of brad to suggest that it doesn't happen either. Obviously brad is feeling out of place with his tribe so what if once the option to switch tribes is offered he switches too and goes over to aitu. Then he could still be voted out this week by raro winning the ic. We have been shown a picture of yul and ozzy hugging like they are happy at winning a challenge but that could be the rc. Then they lose the ic and vote brad out at the tc. I don't remember exactly how the clue is worded at the moment but it is something about someone having a hard time bonding with the tribe or feeling on the outside. Something like that. So it could be talking about brad being on a new tribe.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
22. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
That is good speculation and welcome to the boards Magilla, but in the vid-caps thread it has pretty much been calculated that Brad doesn't switch tribes, only Jonathan and Candace take Jeff up on the offer of mutiny.

11-07-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SeeBS Misdirection Ep 8 "
The thing about that clue is that it says the person suddenly finds themselves on the outside -- it seems to imply that the person was okay in the tribe before but things have changed.

Something I've been thinking about -- the set-ups for challenges in this episode, particularly the RC, would have to be prepared to accommodate varying numbers of participants. For example, if no one switched tribes, each tribe would have 6 and presumably all 6 would participate in some way. With only 4 participating, there may have been some "roles" in the challenges that were designed to be discardable if necessary.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •