The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Billy's Friends"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Billy's Friends"
It seems that the spectre of LoserLodge could be rearing it's ugly head, very early this spoiling season, as MySpace pages have offered up a list of "friends", much like Deb's friends did back for Season 2. (minus the myspace connection, but you get the idea.)

To start, Billy (On the Latino tribe) has mentioned that his friends are ...
Adam
Becky
Candice
Cecilia
Jenny
Parvati
Sekou

And Jenny (On the Asian tribe) has mentioned her friends are ...
Becky
Billy
Candice
Cecilia
Parvati

They seem to pretty much match each other save for a couple of additional friends for Billy.

Per tribe:
(Asians)
Becky
Jenny

(Latinos)
Billy
Cecilia

(Whites)
Candice
Adam
Parvati

(Blacks)
Sekou

Seems odd to me that Billy didn't mention all of his fellow Latino tribemates as his friends.
Or that Jenny also didn't mention her entire Asian tribemates as well.

So does this mean that these 8 "friends" could all be from LoserLodge?

From SpoilerCompiler at Sucks:
Billy Garcia has friends: Candice, Jenny, Adam, Becky, Parvati, Sekou, Cecilia

Jenny's Friends: Candice, Parvati, Becky, Billy, Cecilia.

Before Jenny's profile was made private they talked (her, Parvati and Becky) a lot on how much fun they had together and how it was good to talk to each other again.

This leaves the following 12 players untouched by either Jenny or Billy:

Asians:
AnhTuan/CaoBoi
Yul
Brad

Latinos:
Ozzy/Oscar
Cristina
JP

Whites:
Jonathan
Jessica

Blacks:
Rebecca
Sundra
Nathan
Stephenie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Billy's Friends xwraith27 08-26-06 1
   RE: Billy's Friends tribephyl 08-26-06 2
       RE: Billy's Friends xwraith27 08-26-06 3
 RE: Billy's Friends Outfrontgirl 09-14-06 4
 RE: Billy's Friends tribephyl 09-15-06 5
 Bringing this back to the top... PepeLePew13 09-22-06 6
   RE: Bringing this back to the top..... Flowerpower 09-22-06 7
       2 down... 6 to go... tribephyl 09-22-06 8
       RE: Bringing this back to the top..... emydi 09-22-06 9
       RE: Bringing this back to the top..... PepeLePew13 09-22-06 10
           RE: Bringing this back to the top..... emydi 09-22-06 11
               RE: Bringing this back to the top..... PepeLePew13 09-22-06 12
                   RE: Bringing this back to the top..... Snidget 09-22-06 13
                       RE: Bringing this back to the top..... Das Mole 09-23-06 23
               RE: Bringing this back to the top..... xwraith27 09-22-06 21
   RE: Bringing this back to the top..... Brownroach 09-22-06 14
 Myspace friends Sonicbluebird 09-22-06 15
   RE: Myspace friends forehead 09-22-06 16
   RE: Myspace friends architecturegirl 09-22-06 20
 this is weird cqvenus 09-22-06 17
   RE: this is weird emydi 09-22-06 18
   RE: this is weird PepeLePew13 09-22-06 19
       RE: this is weird Outfrontgirl 09-22-06 22
   RE: this is weird Chez 09-24-06 24
       RE: this is weird xwraith27 09-24-06 25
 Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a cu... KObrien_fan 09-29-06 26
   RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is ... Flowerpower 09-29-06 27
       RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is ... KObrien_fan 09-29-06 28
           RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is ... emydi 09-29-06 30
           RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is ... Chez 09-29-06 31
               RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is ... Brownroach 09-29-06 32
   RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is ... tribephyl 09-29-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-26-06, 03:19 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Billy's Friends"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-06 AT 10:32 AM (EST)

Hi tribe! By "friends", do you mean that their myspace accounts are connected or that they actually mentioned that they were friends with these other contestants?

Also, is it possible that the reason why Billy and Jenny don't have the other contestants as friends is because the other contestants don't have myspace accounts?

I've been searching for contestant accounts on Friendster, and the only ones I've found are Brad's, Yul's and Jenny's. All three are set to private so I can't see who's friends with whom.

08-26-06, 05:53 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Billy's Friends"
Hiya xwraith. How ya' healin'?

By "friends", do you mean that their myspace accounts are connected or that they actually mentioned that they were friends with these other contestants?

A little of both, I imagine. But, I wasn't the one doing the myspace searches, so I dunno for sure.
I just brought it here from over at Sucks.

The link I provided will bring you to SpoilerCompilers post at Sucks, where he/she provides some links to the specific comments made about the friends list.

Make of it what you will.

08-26-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Billy's Friends"
Hiya xwraith. How ya' healin'?

Thanks, tribe. My arm cast's been off since mid-July, and I've been walking normally since the start of August.

I've been trying to not follow spoilers this season but since this is the first time that there are Filipinos competing, I just can't help but try and determine how they placed.

I had Becky as a postmerge boot and Parvati as premerge, but the helicopter comment just throws a wrench to my theory.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-06, 04:30 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Billy's Friends"
I don't know that the pre-jury boots hang out as a large group any more like they did in Outback and Africa. I think they were given a chance to decompress and then flown some place or places (unknown to me but out of the Cooks) for a holiday. Whether they all ended up at the same destination I can't say, but we know from ASS that they have split them up in the past. Remember the horseback riding in Patagonia ... Tina/Rudy/RobC IIRC, the first three who didn't exit by quitting.

09-15-06, 06:14 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Billy's Friends"
Frankly since Stephannie and Rebecca seemed to be the general consensus going into the episode, I was ready to throw this thing away.

But seeing as how Sekou is our first boot, this list could be magically coming true.

Granted 1 boot does not a LoserLodge make.
But surely if more of them do, I think we may have something.

Keep your eyes on...
Adam
Becky
Billy
Cecilia
Candice
Jenny
Parvati

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 06:57 AM (EST)
6. "Bringing this back to the top..."
Now that Billy's been booted, I thought it'd be good to bump this to the top and keep this in mind to help figure out potential boots.

>To start, Billy (On the Latino tribe) has mentioned that his friends are ...
>Adam
>Becky
>Candice
>Cecilia
>Jenny
>Parvati
>Sekou

So far, this list is 1-fer-1 with Sekou and Billy the first two into Loser Lodge.

>Seems odd to me that Billy
>didn't mention all of his
>fellow Latino tribemates as his
>friends.

Well, we now know why, don't we? It's revealing to me that Billy is listing Cecilia as a friend as I'd think he would be bitter towards everyone else on his tribe, so it sounds like he patched things up with Cecilia at Loser Lodge.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
Adam
Becky
Candice
Cecilia
Jenny
Parvati
Sekou
Billy

Well, so far, so good. The vidcaps this week feature Adam/Parvati/Jenny from this list....no Cowboy or Brad though...

09-22-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
8. "2 down... 6 to go..."
Thanks FloPo.
I was just heading here to bump this topic again.

Looking good.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
although Candice might not be a LL member...she could win it and she'd be on list of friends..or would Candice have had to become a friend? I don't know MySpace...

I love you Jen...for those of you who may remember

09-22-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."

>no Cowboy or Brad though...

According to an article posted at Fever, Cao Boi doesn't have a TV so it's not a reach to say he doesn't have a computer either. He wouldn't have something such as MySpace so Billy wouldn't have him listed as a friend.

To answer a question above, you'd have to have an MySpace account to be listed as a friend on Billy's site as these links would presumably take you to the friend's site. At least that's how I understand it from seeing my daughter's Piczo site.

A Tribe siggie

09-22-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
So is it like Yahoo where you can ask someone to get on their list and the person can say yes or no... If Billy controls who is friends are then Candice is going to be on it no matter if she is in LL with him or not

09-22-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
Good question, I'd have to look into that.

See if Candice keeps Billy on her friends list after last night.

A Tribe siggie

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
It would be interesting to find out if he can add them or they have to add themselves.

If it is a who I want to stalk list it may have less spoiler value than who did I make friends with list.

It's a tribe creation!

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-23-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-06 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

ETA: Never mind, I pretty much repeated what was said in post #15. =p

Das Mole - PQM Host

09-22-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
The "friendship" has to be "mutual". For example, I add you to my myspace list, you get an email saying that I want to add you to my list. If you accept, then we appear in each other's lists. While the request is pending for approval, or if you deny the request, then you won't appear in my list and I won't appear in yours.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Bringing this back to the top..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-06 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Well, we found out last night why Billy might get in contact with Candice. And that would give him the connection to Parvati and Adam. And one or more of those three might get on the same tribe as Becky and/or Jenny, thus establishing all the links.

So none of those people necessarily has to end up at Loser Lodge. But I agree Cecilia probably will. If they send the Lodgers off on separate vacations, it's possible that Billy departs early with Sekou and maybe Cecilia, and never gets to hang out with the other Lodgers.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
15. "Myspace friends"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-06 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

For someone to be listed as your friend on myspace, both people have to approve. One person sends an invite the other to be their friend. If accepted, then both are added to each others friends listing.

Do we know of the "untouched" ones, which ones have or don't have a myspace account?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-22-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Myspace friends"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-06 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

Thanks! That helps understand the "Myspace deal".

As mentioned above, some might have met in LL, some not.

So, as Jenny's list is shorter than Billy's list, for whatever reason Jenny did not have the same reciprocity with Adam and Sekou. (A very simply reason could of course be not frequently visiting Myspace.)

It'll be interesting to follow this. I don't expect this to be a perfect list though (but hey I can easily be proven wrong...), Becky for example now has an older brother (good buffer) with a HII.

forehead

etfsp

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Myspace friends"
Well, you can ask anyone to be your "friend", but they have to approve you. Some people have thousands of friends because they arent selective whereas others have a very small group.

That said, I dont think it means much of anything unless people are very selective of who they have on their friends list. If people dont have a myspace account, they wouldnt be able to be on anyone's friend's lists, because your friends are only people who have accounts. To me, it would seem that if you were on the same survivor together, that whether you lasted long or not, etc that you'd probably still send a friend request to all the other survivors you were out there with.

People I only knew very briefly have sent me friend requests, so I wouldnt take it too seriously as a spoiler.

Plus I can see Billy holding a grudge, so the other Aitu members not being on his "friends" lists likely has nothing to do with their placement in the game.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
17. "this is weird"

am i wrong in thinking all the contestants are kept somewhere until this thing is over?

am i extra wrong to think that EPMB would not be so stupid as to give them access to the bloody internet???

i'm so confused.

~ cqc

09-22-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
18. "RE: this is weird"
well they are off on vacation for the 39 days but when they all return to the U.S. they're not sent to Cheney's bunker

09-22-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: this is weird"
The thing is, it's impossible to just lock them up in a cellar for the 3-4 months from when filming is done to when the show actually airs.

We've heard in the past about contestants surreptitously corresponding when they're not supposed to (one notable example was Rob and Amber after All-Stars) or just two people who became friends talking on the phone regularly. We've seen contestants post online -- I recall Ghandia posting on another site at the same time that Survivor was airing on TV.

There's only so much MB and his boys can do, so as long as the contestants aren't revealing anything about what's happening in the show, they can't stop them from travelling around the United States or going to work or logging onto the internet.

A Tribe siggie

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 06:34 PM (EST)
22. "RE: this is weird"
In this case they only returned Aug 5th.
In past pre-jurors have logged on to the internet after their boot. Angie and JohnK come to mind.

From what little I've heard about the post-boot process in Cooks:
They weren't all kept together on an island after the boot. They got a few days of transition out on Akaiami motu, then were sent on holiday.

Someone I talked to said they were flown individually out of Aitutaki on early am flights when it was dark. From Raro, then back to LAX, but that may have been misinformation. There are only a few places you can fly directly out of the Cooks: LAX, Nadi in Fiji, Tahiti, Auckland, maybe Sydney. (Could be they were sent to Fiji which is the location for S14.) Obviously you can fly anywhere with air connections, but the more airports they pass through the more exposure they get.

Anyway they either went on vacation alone or in small groups (3 person groups in past seasons). Only the jurors hang out as a big group.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-06, 07:11 PM (EST)
24. "RE: this is weird"
Today was the first time I ever visited Billy's MySpace profile. At this time, it is set to "Private". This means that you cannot see any information about Billy or his friends, other than the introductory caption and photo, unless you have Billy's explicit permission. Maybe EPMB required Billy to take a more low key position on the Internet.

09-24-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
25. "RE: this is weird"
Jenny's, Brad's and JP's friendster accounts have also been set to private prior to the airing of the show. Actually, I think that most, if not all, of the myspace accounts listed above have also been set to private after the Myspace spoiler was released.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
26. "Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
To start, Billy (On the Latino tribe) has mentioned that his friends are ...
Adam
Becky
Candice
Cecilia
Jenny
Parvati
Sekou

And we know Billy was the second boot.

The early preview of next week highlights lazy men on NuRarotonga, and there are 3 from this list on that tribe: Jenny, Adam, Parvati...

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 07:18 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
Out of those three, I'd be willing to make a premature guess at the lazy Adam!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
This episode is bound to be a double boot episode and we see Candice is a name on the misdirection, how ironic would it be for Adam and Candice to get the boot at the same time as they were a couple in episode 1? Would make for an interesting loser lodge, but I don't think that is what is going to happen.

09-29-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
I think it may be Parvati/Candice bc Raro women (cristina/rebecca/steph) will want to stay strong.

or Jenny/Candice bc Jenny will be seen as weaker. It was odd that Parvati picked Jenny first...to me anyway

and OMG they actually picked the tribes sort of how I said they should...I almost fell off my couch

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
I would not be surprised if Candice turns out to be on Billy's list only due to the weird events involving his infatuation. Maybe she just contacted him after the show finished taping to see how he was doing, and he ended up putting her on his Buddy list. In other words, maybe Candice is not an early boot.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
That's highly possible. As OFG stated above, they were apparently sent on separate vacations in small groups. Sekou/Billy/Cecilia could have been the first group and that would mean they didn't see anyone else.

In any case, links between all the people on the Friends list are established now, so it doesn't really tell us anything any more, imo.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

09-29-06, 07:25 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Oh to be a friend of Billy, is a curse?"
Curse indeed, KO.

HereHere!

3 down, 5 to go.

But even then it only gets us to Final12.
Could MB be planning an 11 person jury?
Doubtful, yet somehow strangely appropriate for the amount of spins he's putting on the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •