The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 07:16 PM (EST)

EPISODE 2:
”Dire Straits and Dead Weight”

Welcome to Episode 2 of State of the Spoiling “SOTS” for Survivor 13: Cook Islands!. If you are new to these Boards, please take a minute to review our Spoiler Guidelines and our Community Guidelines.

If you missed last week’s Premiere episode, you can quickly catch up by reading Steve Rogers’ wonderful Episode 1 Summary Here. Or, if you prefer, you can see how Episode One unfolded through the eyes of our wonderful DAWS here at Blows in Estee’s East Coast Spoilers Update Thread. Lastly, if you have to know how we spoiler’s predicted the episode to run, check out Brownroach’s Episode 1 SOTS Thread.

Let’s see what we have in store for Episode Two this week. First off, Brownroach tells us that the title of the show is ”Dire Straights and Dead Weight” in this Episode 2 Title thread. Notice how the word “Straights” is spelled. In this thread, Brownroach, Kobrien_fan and others discuss which tribe is in “dire straits” and who is the “dead weight.” We know that it is indeed the Manihiki tribe who is in dire straits as we are told in a CBS Press Release “It's dire straights for one tribe when a lack of fire leads to serious dehydration, on SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS.” And, at this point in time, we already know that the Manihiki tribe is the only tribe without fire. The question is, will they get fire and be able to boil water to drink? I seriously think so as we saw Jiffy give them a flint at the end of last week's Tribal Council!

We also already know from the Ep. 2 Previews that Billy from Aitutaki is referred to by his tribemate Ozzy as “dead weight” and that Cao Boi is grating on the nerves of his Puka tribemates and he could also be considered as “dead weight.”

In Flowerpower’s Ep. 2 Preview Vidcaps Thread, we are again shown both Billy (slacking) and Cao Boi (annoying) their respective tribemates. Ozzy at Aitutaki even considers throwing the Immunity Challenge to get rid of Billy. It is the consensus in this thread that because of Cao Boi’s annoying personality, he will indeed be the first Puka tribe member to be voted off, when and big-if they go to Tribal Council as a Tribe. I don’t think it’s going to happen this week, however.

The discussion regarding Romance in the Cook Islands continues in Flowerpower’s thread where it became apparent in Ep. 1 that Romance # 1 will be between Raratonga Tribemates and Sleep-Partners Adam and Candice. But who will be involved in Romance # 2? True Dork Times tells us that it is rumored that there will be a romance between JP and Cecilia of the Aitutaki tribe. Time will tell.

SeeBS Misdirection

First, we see Cao Boi at the Puka tribe telling Politically-incorrect jokes as his tribemates try to sleep.

Next, we see Billy over at Aitutaki laying down while the others are working.

And, Jiffy reinforces the idea with a voiceover:

And another item off of the CBS Press Release states "At the Aitutaki camp, Billy quickly becomes a deficit to his tribe and his tribe mates become conflicted over what to do. Do they push to win the challenge and keep their tribe intact or throw it so they can vote Billy out?

Will they throw the challenge? Of course not!!! If Billy and Cao Boi are shown in the previews to be targets, you can bet that the opposite is true and that they will each be SAFE to spend another few nights on the Cook Islands. This is classic EPMB misdirection.

And that’s not the last of the Misdirection this week! We see it again when we are shown the Raratonga women cheering along with the challenge shots. However, we know that they are NOT at the Obstacle Course Challenge (believed to be the Immunity Challenge) as Candice is dressed differently. Could it be at the Reward Challenge?

Here they are at the Obstacle Course Challenge:

Also, I would be remiss if I left this out. Why are we shown in the vidcaps below, that two chickens are successfully captured?

This would lead us to believe that it is Raratonga who catches the chickens as they were the ones who brought them and lost them to begin with. However, this may just be SeeBS Misdirection.

More misdirection from a CBS Press Release states:

Dehydration Threatens the Health of One Tribe. Again, we know that this is Manihiki, because they have yet to boil water to drink without fire. And we know they will get fire because they got the flint from Jiffy!

After just a short time in the Cook Islands, one castaway is already claiming their affections toward another. Love is in the air…or is it? Is this Adam and Candice, or another pair of survivors? Whatever the case, I think this takes place at Tribal Council and it is referring to either Candice from Raratonga or Cecilia from Aitutaki.

Tension mounts between Jonathan and Adam when Adam refuses to waste his energy on what he sees as a "stupid" task. This leaves us to believe that there may be a rift brewing over at Raratonga between the two Alpha males.

All of this can be debated over in Flowerpower's thread entitled "Ep. 2 Celebrity Spider Misdirection" Here.

The Challenges:

In the vidcaps, we are shown an aerial of the site of what we are speculating to be the “Immunity Challenge.” You can clearly see a large water pit to the right and a “jungle gym”-type structure to the left.

In Braveheart’s Ep. Two Preview Thread, Flowerpower, Kobrien_fan and others scour over the Vidcap previews for this week’s show. First, they all agree that there will indeed be a challenge that will revolve around the “tie-the-survivors-together” and send them through the Obstacle Course theme. We are shown glimpses of the Challenge at different intervals, including:

This is the starting segment of the challenge. In it, we see the Raratongas in blue on the left (by the blue flag) and the Manihikis in the yellow buffs by the Yellow flag on the right just starting out. There are four members of both tribes competing and they are tied together with a rope. Also, one member from each tribe must carry a large bag. Sundra can be seen carrying this bag for her tribe. What is the reason to carry the bag? They must have to collect something, perhaps puzzle pieces or letters, and bring it back for the last segment of the challenge. We also see the two tribes running past a color-coordinated table on the right. Perhaps this is the starting point AND the finishing point of the Challenge! The teams must collect puzzle pieces or letters along the route and come back to the tables shown and assemble them. First tribe to complete the course and assemble the puzzle wins the Challenge.

This is the first leg of the Obstacle Course Challenge, as Brownroach points out that we can see the legs of the starting point tribe tables in the background. Here, we see the Puka tribe navigating their way underneath a large log. They must be running to the right side of the Manihiki tribe and the Aitutaki tribe must be running to their right. This is very important because it gives us the ORDER of the racers that is:

Raratonga ----- Manihiki ----- PukaPuka ----- Aitutaki.

This appears to be a segment of the Obstacle Course Challenge where the teams must climb through and over physical structures (“the Jungle Gym”). We are only shown the Manihikis and don’t know where they are on the course compared to the other tribes.

In this part of the challenge, we see the Puka tribe and the Raratonga tribe battling it out on ropes suspended over a water pit, the “Dire Straights” part of the Challenge. We see Jiffy standing in the background on the left and two survivors sitting on two benches to Jiffy’s left. The two survivors who are sitting out the challenge appear to me to be Billy aka “Dead Weight” on the left side and Jenny on the right. We are also shown that it is indeed, Jonathan leading the Raratonga tribe as we can clearly see his pants leg on the sidelines in the first shot. He is followed by Jessica, Parvati and Candice. As Raratonga arrives after all of the Pukas are already on the ropes, clearly the Pukas appear to be ahead in this segment.

What we do NOT know from these shots is where the Manihiki’s and the Aitutaki’s are. Are they ahead of the two tribes on the ropes, or are they behind them? I'm guessing that the Aitutaki's are behind and here is why ... in the last frame, think about the order of the tribes -- we see Raratonga's farthest from the camera. Then we see empty ropes where the Manihiki's should be. Then we see the Pukas closer to the camera on their rope station. Now look at the closest top rope to the camera -- that should be the Aitutaki's rope and it looks to be very taut, like it has not supported the weight of the people crossing it yet. This leads me to believe that the Aitutaki's have not yet arrived at this station.

Now look at the top two frames at the bottom rope where the Manihiki's would have been - that rope is curved as if it has already been crossed. This makes me wonder if the Manihiki's have already passed this segment of the challenge.

Finally, we have to wonder why Adam is not participating in this challenge. As a physically-stronger male would probably do better in this physically-demanding challenge, he must have a good excuse for not participating. Some are speculating that he has either injured himself or is ill.

The Reward Challenge

We do not have many clues to go on this week regarding the Reward Challenge. We do see the Raratonga women cheering and we see the Manihiki tribe celebrating.

I cannot really conclude anything from the above vidcaps. There could be many different reasons why the women would cheer and the Manihiki’s would celebrate.

On the other hand, we do have evidence that may support an Aitutaki Reward Challenge win because we see them eating chicken. If they did not catch the chickens themselves, than how did they get the chicken?

They must have won it in the Reward Challenge.

The Exile:

We do not have much to go on this week regarding who the Exilee will be either. If they do as they did last week, than the losing tribe at the Immunity Challenge will have the opportunity to pick this week’s Exile from any of the other tribes. The only other vidcaps I want to call your attention to are these that show a female Survivor who appears to be topless. I’m wondering if this takes place at Exile Island? If so, who is it?

Or maybe this is nothing other than one of the women fishing. Time.will.tell...

The Boot:

Jeff Probst tells us in a voiceover this week that the “first three tribes win immunity.” Therefore, we know there will only be one survivor voted out.

Flowerpower tells us that traditionally, the second boot is a hidden boot – someone who we may least suspect.

The consensus here is that the “Obstacle Course” challenge is the Immunity Challenge. We see Puka doing better than the Raratongas on the ropes part, so we can assume that they will most likely beat the Raratongas. We see lots of other vidcaps this week of the Aitutaki tribe and the PukaPuka tribe in the Previews which lead us to believe that Cao Boi is at risk of being voted out of his tribe for his annoying politically-incorrect joke telling and Billy is at risk at his tribe for being a lazy slacker aka “Dead Weight.” However, this is all SeeBS misdirection. Most likely, as we have learned from Survivors past, the Boot will come from one of the other two tribes that are more hidden in the Ep. 2 Previews. This leaves the Blue Raratonga tribe and the Yellow Manihiki tribe as the two most likely tribes to go to Tribal Council. From the Immunity Challenge vidcaps, we know that Raratonga is behind Puka, but we do not know where the Manihiki’s and the Aitutaki’s are. They are either ahead of these tribes or behind them. I believe that the Aitutaki's are clearly behind the other teams at the water pit segment.

Therefore, I think the boot should come from either the Raratongas or the Aitutakis.

Lastly, in other vidcaps we are told that:

Where does this happen? At Tribal Council. As Candice and Adam have already been revealed (last week) as showing an interest in one another, than I am speculating that the boot will indeed come from the Raratonga tribe. In an effort to split up the budding alliance, the Raratongas will indeed vote off the weaker of the two, and that will be:

Candice Woodcock

However, IF indeed, the boot comes from the Aitutaki tribe, than I am speculating the boot to be:

Cecilia Mansilla

* Perhaps there really is a romance brewing over on the Red tribe and we will find out about it at Tribal Council along with Jiffy!

And another thing…

For the sleuths among us, there’s a real puzzle to figure out in Estee’s “Hidden Idol Location Speculation” Thread. Will the Blows peeps be the first to solve the secret location of the idol?

Also, back by popular demand this season, for all of you who are more in tuned with and prefer to follow the course of the show through the editing, musical score and such, you’ll be thrilled to once again keep updated with Veruca Salt’s”The Players, The Game, The Editing” Thread. This is must-read material for everyone!

Tribephyl also brings us a Thread entitled ”Billy’s Friends”. Here he shows us lists of who Billy’s and Jenny’s closest Survivor friends are. The premise for this thread is that Billy and Jenny got close to these people when they all stayed at LoserLodge together. This could be a clue as to who was voted out early enough to make so many friends at LoserLodge. Or not.

Finally, find out our Board’s opinion on who the Bootees will be this week by reading our “It’s time to Vote” Thread when and if, someone gets around to posting it! If you want to know who the other Internet sites are picking, then you must read our weekly thread entitled "Across the Board Picks," that is posted each Thursday.

Lastly, thanks to all the beautiful peeps here over at Blows. You are truly the greatest folks on the Internet!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... TenPin 09-19-06 1
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Brownroach 09-19-06 2
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... forehead 09-19-06 3
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Flowerpower 09-19-06 4
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... michel 09-19-06 5
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... emydi 09-19-06 6
   RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Scarlett O Hara 09-19-06 7
       RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Brownroach 09-19-06 8
       RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... PokeyOkie 09-21-06 28
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Outfrontgirl 09-19-06 9
   RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Flowerpower 09-19-06 10
   RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Scarlett O Hara 09-19-06 12
       RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Outfrontgirl 09-19-06 15
   RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... forehead 09-19-06 13
       RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Brownroach 09-20-06 18
           RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... forehead 09-20-06 19
               RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Brownroach 09-20-06 20
                   RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... forehead 09-20-06 21
                       RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Brownroach 09-20-06 22
                           RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... forehead 09-20-06 24
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... seahorse 09-19-06 11
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... xwraith27 09-19-06 14
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Wallflower66 09-19-06 16
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... KObrien_fan 09-20-06 17
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Bravehart 09-20-06 23
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... strid333 09-20-06 25
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... RudyRules 09-20-06 26
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... bobstew617 09-20-06 27
 Message from the Editing thread emydi 09-21-06 29
 RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... CattyChat 09-21-06 30
   RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOIL... Fire Fly 09-21-06 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-19-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
1. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
What an amazing SOTS!! Thanks for your work putting it all together for us in one easy place!

Great Job Scarlett

TenPin

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

Bang-up job on the SOTS, Scarlett! You got all the bases covered.

Edited: I like the challenge revision, Scar -- especially noticing that Aitutaki's top rope on the water crossing has not been touched. Excellent work!

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
3. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Thanks Scar! Wonderful SOTS!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 04:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Excellent and a very thorough SOTS! I think you are right on the money! Thanks for doing this! Regarding the lone female survivor on the rocks by themselves, when I first saw those picks I was thinking that perhaps that is the local native expert that comes as a reward to help the DAWS learn how to survive in the Cooks....I know I have read some spoiler regarding someone of that nature.

Thanks for a great SOTS, Scarlett!

fp

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Great Job Scarlett: You've summed up the situation very well.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

Thanks scar, just goo old analysis! No "canned" spoilers as I'm going canned spoiler free this time.

The one thing I read that needs amending, Hiki got flint after TC remember Nate was laughing w/ the women even though his compatriot Sekou just got ousted by them.

ETA: BR I just scanned your SOTS from ep. 1 and wanted to tell you it was great!!

09-19-06, 05:48 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Yes, e, you are correct. Manihiki got flint from Jiffy at Tribal Council. However, we still do not know how long it will take them to get fire with it!!

09-19-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Right -- it would be ironic if they can't start a fire after Sekou promised them he would get a fire going for them. Now they have flint but no Sekou.

PokeyOkie 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-06, 00:11 AM (EST)
28. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
It shouldn't take them TOO LONG to build a fire, as they are seen carrying thier lit torches as they leave TC.

Pokey

"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 07:50 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

Wow, impressive work Scarlett!
Love the slack rope analysis.
We do know from the past that a puzzle segment can destroy a big lead so even if Aitu is behind on the ropes it's possible they could blast through them and the puzzle and leave Raro in the dust.

Re this location:

there are no rock formations on Exile Island; it's just a sandspit. Both Raro and Hiki have rocks, not sure about Aitu. He/she probably is fishing, are we sure it's a woman? Do I see a red wrap on the head?

Someone suggested Billy may be eating a crab leg. There are very tasty land crabs on Billy's motu called coconut crab. So I'm not sure he's eating chicken. There are also wild chickens and roosters on every camp island, if they can catch them.

Someone at MESS suggested the useless task Adam isn't up for would be to chase down "Jonathan's" prize chickens. Maybe that's why we have a shot of captured chickens.

Re the romance -- if there are to be 3 "romances" then I'm not sure Cecilia-JP would count as more than a blip on the radar if it only lasts part of one episode, given we saw nothing much of Cecilia in Ep 1. So if it's Aitu at TC, then I don't think Cecilia should be the boot. Give her showmance at least two episodes I would think.

If Aitu ends up fracturing along gender lines as Hiki did (then I could see JP shielding Cecilia and Cristina going down.

On Raro, I could see Candice leaving, possibly thanks to Parvati gathering together Flika and Jonathan.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 08:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Both Raro and Hiki have rocks, not sure about Aitu. He/she probably is fishing, are we sure it's a woman? Do I see a red wrap on the head?

Yes, regarding the lone shot of the person from the PIP promo, I think that is possibly Nathan, with that wrap that he wears on his head...or, could it possibly be the native Cook Islander that is supposedly going to try and teach someone how to make fire and find food???

09-19-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Thanks for the feedback, OFG!! Regarding Billy eating crab, I went back and reviewed those vidcaps and it really looks like chicken to me. Time will tell.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Thanks Scarlett! OK, chicken for Billy! Makes sense that Aitu might win RC because before you contemplate throwing a challenge you need to feel you can easily win it. A win could make them cocky.

For all we know Billy's nap is induced by a big lunch.
Still think it's ironic they would have chicken as a reward because really the wild chickens there are virtually tame. They see people all the time and people don't hunt them. They come and walk around with chicks right next to people. I think *I* could even catch one working with a partner, and if I could anyone could!

09-19-06, 08:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Hi OFG,

You've been busy!

"If Aitu ends up fracturing along gender lines as Hiki did (then I could see JP shielding Cecilia and Cristina going down."

Yep, this makes perfect sense. Gender lines, irony from the web promo, VS' editing take.

forehead
-leaning Christina for now

09-20-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-06 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

I think Cecilia won't be the boot either, but I can't decide between Cristina and Billy.

We don't know if Aitutaki actually throws the challenge, or if they decide not to but lose anyway, and that could make the difference. If they do throw it, why wouldn't they just boot Billy?

Billy and Cao Boi are getting almost exactly parallel stories in Eps 1 and 2: the most annoying/dispensible person on their tribe. One of them may last for a bit, especially if there is a restructuring soon and/or they modify their behavior, but I don't see that happening with both of them. I think Cao Boi is more likely to last longer of the two, and if so, Billy's story could end right now.

The issue with Billy is that he's shown in trouble in the preview and that usually is misdirection. But, sometimes a cigar is a cigar as they say.

If they don't throw the challenge and lose anyway, it's more complicated. First, someone could be targetted for being responsible for the challenge loss, and it can't be Billy. So, maybe Cristina. Or -- it also seems like Cristina is challenging Ozzy's leadership by questioning the wisdom of throwing the challenge. And she's seen in what looks like a secret discussion with Cecilia in the bushes. Any kind of making waves could come back to haunt her.

And as has been noted, the Ep 2 boot is often someone who was barely shown in Ep 1.

09-20-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
19. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
BR,

I don't think they will throw the challenge. Why would CBS give a thrown challenge away? I think that part has to be misdirection. But it would be great irony, if they lose after they have decided not the throw the challenge. Why would they look sad if they decided the throw the challenge? They look sad because they didn't want to lose the challenge but lost it anyways.

Then, the "wave-making" you mention comes into play.

Of course, just my $0.02

forehead

09-20-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
20. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Why would CBS give a thrown challenge away? I think that part has to be misdirection.

That's true. But even if they don't throw it, they could still boot Billy if that's what Ozzy wants.

Where is the cap of them looking sad after the challenge? I haven't seen that.

09-20-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
21. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-06 AT 12:05 PM (EST)

Post by croc at Mess:

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=1563.topic&start=132&stop=132

I have to say though that I don't know if it is post challenge.

ETA: obviously, you are right to consider Billy. I kind of like the "ep2 hidden boot argument" though, and I think Billy as a boot candidate creates "who will it be 'suspense' during the ep"

09-20-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Thanks, forehead, I had seen those shots but didn't connect them to the challenge. Could be, though.

KO makes a pretty good case for a Rarotonga TC and Candice boot in the misdirection thread. And now we have "Flirtation and Frustration" for Ep 3 -- so which romance comes into play at TC this week, and which is the story next week? Or is it the same one? Uyyy...

09-20-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
"KO makes a pretty good case for a Rarotonga TC and Candice boot in the misdirection thread."

She most certainly does! However, I just don't see the Adam-Candice thing as shocking (kind of like S10 Jeff-Kim).

The JP-Cecilia-is-it-one-sided thing has more shock potential.

But "Uyyy..." is right...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

Great job, Scarlett.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Scarlett, great job compiling all that spoiler information! I saw that SOTS was up and thought, "Did we actually get any spoilers this week?"

Anyway, I wanted to bring up something about the chicken trap picture that you posted. I'm not sure where to post it, but I don't think I've seen the picture elsewhere on the boards.

Anyway, Dalton Ross says this about the Puka camp:

"I would say that the Asian tribe have easily the most impressive camp. You didn't see a whole lot of it last night but it looked great. They have an incredible chicken trap set up. It was organized, they were working well together."

So it could be either Puka or Raro that catches a chicken.

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-19-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
You definately got a "top grade" on that one, Miss Scarlett!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 07:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Excellent job Scarlett, thanks for all the hard work in recapping the spoiling for this week!

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Wow! What a lot of hard work you have done Scarlett! Thanks so much!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-06, 06:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Great job of sifting through the information and summarizing it!

Three is the perfect number.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 09:36 PM (EST)
26. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Scarlett my dear,
What a super SOTS!
Nicely done!

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-06, 10:20 PM (EST)
27. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
Thanks, Scarlett, for the SOTS.

What a lot of information to wade through! There's an argument for a number of them. It will be interesting to see if EPMB is misdirecting us, or is it more obvious?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
29. "Message from the Editing thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-06 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

although VS is staying in her own thread for fear of "spoilers" as she wants to remain completely spoiler free, she wanted me to thank Scar and BR for writing the 1st 2 SOTS!!

etc siggie!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
30. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
WOW, Scar, I am impressed, though not surprised by your SOTS. I'm coming back here often as you have laid out a lot of useful and interesting info to ponder.

Thanks!!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S13 Ep. 2 - "STATE OF THE SPOILING" Thread"
A+++++++++++++ thanks!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •