The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ooops, there it is..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-00, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"ooops, there it is..."
Well, there you go, the big suprise at TC was a double tie!! I find it interesting that Tina said that it was not her original intention, but there were changes made on the way to TC and she changed her vote. Now I'd just like to know to whom she was talking. I like that in the trailer for next week, Alicia is finally confronting Kimmi on the veggie thing. I'm a vegan myself, but come on, if you're in it, you're in it! Get over yourself and go for the gusto, or pig or chicken or whatever comes your way. Just my two cents worth. I wish I had the technology that alot of you have to capture stuff for next week. I'm very much enjoying this forum (even though my husband may divorce me for it!!). Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next and I'll do my best to add my insight. Thanks for being here so that I have something to obsess about other than work! Love you all...especially CJ!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ooops, there it is... Tamia2001 11-11-00 1
   RE: ooops, there it is... MDSkinner 11-11-00 2
   RE: ooops, there it is... Elisabeth Rules 11-11-00 3
       RE: ooops, there it is... mistofleas 11-11-00 4
   RE: ooops, there it is... MadforMadDog 11-11-00 7
       RE: ooops, there it is... Tamia2001 02-16-01 11
 RE: ooops, there it is... Minstrel 11-11-00 5
   RE: ooops, there it is... ItzLisa 11-11-00 6
   RE: ooops, there it is... Elwood 11-11-00 8
       RE: ooops, there it is... Dalton 02-16-01 9
       Things that make you go "hmmmm" AyatollahKhomeini 02-16-01 10
           RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm" Tamia2001 02-16-01 12
               RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm" Minstrel 02-16-01 13
                   RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm" Tamia2001 02-17-01 14
                       RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm" Elisabeth Rules 02-17-01 15
                           RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm" Tamia2001 02-17-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tamia2001 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

11-11-00, 07:33 AM (EST)
1. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
Not really,we already knew it was a double tie.There was no surprise.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-11-00, 07:52 AM (EST)
2. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
I did not see a single post that discussed a double tie, and the tie breaker for that. I have seen many that speculated about a tie, but not a double tie, that is a very different story. If that is not a surprise Tamia, where was it discussed? Did I miss it?

Elisabeth Rules 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-00, 07:52 AM (EST)
3. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
we already knew it was a double tie? WE ALREADY KNEW IT WAS A DOUBLE TIE????? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? there was so much speculation on these survivor message boards, it was ridiculous! sure, a double tie was one of the possibilities, but up until the show, we weren't even sure WHICH TRIBE WAS GOING TO TC! i don't know how the fuckin hell you can say that we already knew it was a double tie. we had guesses, but we didn't KNOW anything for certain!

now, hopefully there will be more evidence this week for the next episode so we can figure this next one out! on to episode 5!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-00, 12:08 PM (EST)
4. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
Thank you, I was sure I hadn't seen anything about a double tie. I know I haven't posted much but I have been paying attention. Please Tamia, if you can point me to the thread that talked about it, I'd love to see it, then I will erect a shrine to you in the corner of my house. I promise!!

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-00, 08:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
Someone did mention a double tie because there was discussion about how you break a tie after it happens twice. Some speculated that MB said they could stay there all night until they vote someone off. However, we did not know this for sure it was only a rumor.

02-16-01, 06:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
I'm not sure where I read it,only that I did.Perhaps whomever put out word that there was a surprise coming up on episode 4 did not realize that it wasn't a surprise to most people that Jerri IS NOT controlling Colby.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-11-00, 01:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
It should be fairly obvious that Tina was talking to either Colby or Keith. She may have talked to Jerri, but she said "we" and that indicates talking to positive notions and not the negative which would likely come out of Jerri's mouth. In my mind it was Colby for sure. He was the swing vote and Tina was thinking how to stay hidden to a degree and not be isolated as Amber is now. She was shunned by Jerri twice, once in TC3 as "not being" bonded with Jerri, and then the boat incident. So, Colby could be the third vote for a tie.

On the tie issue. I know of no mention of a double tie on these boards. I know there is some mention of a potential tie, but not a double tie. If so, someone please post the location? I will aid in constructing that shrine to that poster.

And, Mistofleas, I agree. If you are a vegetarian, good for you, but in the game ... good to hear you'd not be a "Kimmi!"

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-11-00, 08:17 PM (EST)
6. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
I think being a vegitarian in a game like this is just foolish. I can see if she was genuinely stranded somewhere, with the choice of catching a wild animal or starving. But to knowingly sign up for a game where you KNOW (based on Survivor 1) that the challenges may include eating an animal type thing, and that a reward would probably be food in the form of meat! Did she think she'd just be okay surviving on a few mouthfuls of rice each day? It was kind of pissing me off watching her last night when, although sticking to her morals, she sat there with the sad, pissy look on her face, criticizing everyone else. Sorry, Toots, but just because you're a vegitarian doesn't mean everyone else needs to follow that - they're not willing to starve for principles, and I don't blame them. I can see how the cat-fight between her and Alicia over Kimmi's vegitarianism starts up - looked like Alicia had it with her criticism of everyone else eating meat!

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Elwood 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-11-00, 09:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
Every speculation that I saw about a tie either had someone switching their vote (the 2nd time - that's what I thought would happen) or wondering how a tie was broken.

And just in case anyone missed it, while discussing with Amber and Mitchell before the vote, Jerri brought up that if it was a tie between her and Keith she'd go, since she already had 2 and Keith had none. So the survivors knew the rules, it's just that we didn't (as far as I saw).

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-16-01, 04:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: ooops, there it is..."
The Double Tie Breaker scenes were interesting
simply because it stretched out the LACK of
suspense after Doofus Mitch made every effort
to SELF-extinguish his own flaming weak torch.

I thought that was the surprise --- a 7ft. cry
baby saying he wants to go home cause he is weak!!
Bet that made all the guys who didn't make the
cut for castmate on S2 hurl.

Worst "OOPS" in TC was Mad-Max Mark's chopped up
editing of each person writing their vote
on the piece of paper. Now you see it! Oops,
not yet; maybe next time. Childish, stupid
David Copperfield wanttabe --- that's MB.

Dalton

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-16-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
10. "Things that make you go "hmmmm""
Someone on ss.com had posted that there was going to be a double tie a long time ago. No source. I figured that that was why there was so much tie vote speculation. BUT we had NO KNOWLEDGE that there really was a double tie; as far as I was concerned, it was just a rumor.

On to Elwood's point. There was a fascinating voting dynamic in Ogachaka-oga-oga-oga-chaka. On the one hand, you had a solid three-member bloc (Jerri, Amber, Mitchell) that wanted to vote off Keith. On the other hand, you had a solid two-member bloc (Tina, Keith) that wanted to vote of Jerri. And then you had Colby, who hated losing three straight challenges.

Tina's comment that they changed their mind about who they were voting for on the way to TC indicates (to me) that she and Keith had wanted to vote Jerri off but couldn't get Colby to go along. They had to switch to match Colby's vote, or Keith would have been gone. BUT this comment proves that Jerri didn't know that -- she thought Colby might go along to vote her off. Also, we've seen for two weeks that Colby wasn't going to vote Keith off, no matter what Jerri did.

So Colby won't vote off Keith. At least this week, he wouldn't vote off Jerri (although Jerri didn't know it). And we KNOW Amber is safe because of the story line. Who isn't listed here? Hmmmmm.

02-16-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm""
Perhaps we didn't know for a fact about the double tie,anymore than we knew for a fact that one tribe would lose 3 immunity challenges in a row.But obviously some of us were not surprised about the double tie and IMHO,the rumor that there was a big surprise this week was false.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-01, 09:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm""
"Fact?" We knew about the 3 immunity challenges "spoiler" but we didn't know about a double tie "spoiler." And no one can come up with a thread on this board to locate it. That's because, this board has no reference to a double tie. And, if a "rumor" such as a double tie, isn't a big surprise, I don't know what else would be. The odds are very slim for a double tie. This episode had a big surprise, perhaps many. It was one of the best episodes in Survivor history, and it wasn't false.

02-17-01, 07:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm""
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-01 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

I will look up the correct spelling,even though I am sure of the correct spelling..........

EGOCENTRIC
According to Webster's dictionary.

"viewing everything in relationship to oneself"

obviously there was was reference to the double-tie.Do you assume that all of us post only here? Or read only the spoilers that we read here?
Are you Jerri?
Want to get Amber to delve into my cyber-backpack?

If I had posted a topic that said;

"I am so surprised that Kucha won 3 in a row",
Don't you think someone would have posted that "that was not a surprise"?
We didn't know that for a fact either,but it was "rumored".
And like it or not,the double tie was brought up on these forums.As far as I'm concerned,it has been mentioned.

As all rumors are here.

Elisabeth Rules 39 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-01, 07:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm""
hey if we argue a little more about this then i think we'll be able to figure out the exact order that everyone gets booted off!

02-17-01, 07:34 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Things that make you go "hmmmm""
Exactly!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •