The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A thought on Steph in the game"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-02-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"A thought on Steph in the game"
Prior to the premiere of S11, most people thought that Steph and BJ would be kicked out very very early. Obviously this didn't happy, and Steph right now is sitting pretty in the final 5.

Initially i was quite puzzled and surprised by this, but now i'm starting to wonder - are Rafe and Danni taking steph along s the ultimate Final 2 opponent? Are they thinking that there is no way the jury will let Steph win since this is her 2nd time playing the game?

Do we have some competitors here who are finally not totally braindead?

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A thought on Steph in the game smokedog 12-02-05 1
   RE: A thought on Steph in the game Brownroach 12-02-05 2
       RE: A thought on Steph in the game Loquatrix 12-02-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-02-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
1. "RE: A thought on Steph in the game"
I brought this topic up somewhere else. Remember that in the first episode of AllStars, Ethan was using this same logic to try to get people to not vote Tina off (saying that a winner is who you want in the Final 2).

Having said all that, I will tweak your statement a little. First, Danni isn't bringing anyone along as she was an outsider until this last episode. Rafe could have been as I believe he actually knows what he is doing out there.

It's now more like let's bring Steph along as she has pissed every or most of the jury members off and will be an easy win, rather than she doesn't deserve to be here a second season.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
2. "RE: A thought on Steph in the game"
Agree -- Danni is trying to work whatever angle she can; that's all she was concerned with this week. Gary said Danni and Stephenie really hit it off at the quartet reward, and Danni is using that to her advantage right now. She's not thinking that Stephenie can't win because she's pissed off the jurors...yet.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-02-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
3. "RE: A thought on Steph in the game"
Yup. Danni hasn't been "bringing" anyone so far, because she only got HERSELF into the game as a serious competitor yesterday, thanks to Gary setting her up with Rafe by telling Rafe that she can be trusted. Danni is bright enough to be able to capitalize on that but I can't give her total credit for the Judd boot because I feel sure that Gary coached her, knowing that he was going home that night, AND set Judd up nicely for her in front of everyone. Gary's set-up of Judd at last week's TC was instrumental in Danni's success this week. It would have been a HUGE task for her to flip them all individually if Gary had not done 90% of the work ahead of time.

Exposing Judd's lie about the Mini Idol at Tribal Council was not Gary trying to save himself; we all know people don't just change their votes at TC like that. It was about discrediting Judd in the eyes of the very suggestible Stephenie who lapped it up as Gary knew she would -- even though the first thing poor loyal Judd had done was tell Steph the TRUTH about the Mini Idol! Oh, the irony! Excellent swan song by Gary and as leinawd observed the other day, Gary's work had only just begun at that point. It was not just about revenge on Judd, it was just as much about setting up his girl Danni as the truthful antithesis to the untrustworthy Judd and thereby giving her a shot at the Final Four which she definitely did not have until she caught the Hail Mary flung by Gary in the closing moments of his game.

Rafe is the person who really has been bringing Steph along. He has used and manipulated her on many levels and I love his cunning. Now I don't know if any of that will ultimately help Rafe win the game (I do hope so, but he is going to need to win that F3 immunity to have a chance!) but I believe he has already prevented Stephenie from winning it. By allowing her to be the mouthy bulldozer while actually getting rid of all the people HE wants rid of, the jury will be quite happy to give the mil to whoever she's sitting next to. And while I want Rafe to win it, Steph losing to anybody is good enough for me. <grin>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •