The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-05 AT 07:21 PM (EST)

WARNING: Many vidcaps ahead! Courtesy of Survivor Fever

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show Vidcaps GalaxyGirl 08-12-05 1
 RE: Early Show Vidcaps KObrien_fan 08-12-05 2
   RE: Early Show Vidcaps Flowerpower 08-12-05 3
       RE: Early Show Vidcaps KObrien_fan 08-12-05 4
           RE: Early Show Vidcaps Brownroach 08-12-05 11
           RE: Early Show Vidcaps Flowerpower 08-13-05 18
       RE: Early Show Vidcaps byoffer 08-12-05 5
           RE: Early Show Vidcaps KObrien_fan 08-12-05 6
               RE: Early Show Vidcaps Corvis 08-12-05 7
                   RE: Early Show Vidcaps Brownroach 08-12-05 9
                       Tribe Names Flowerpower 08-12-05 10
 RE: Early Show Vidcaps Brownroach 08-12-05 8
   RE: Early Show Vidcaps ohboy 08-12-05 12
       RE: Early Show Vidcaps Brownroach 08-12-05 13
 Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps Flowerpower 08-13-05 14
   RE: Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps Flowerpower 08-13-05 16
   RE: Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps Scarlett O Hara 08-13-05 17
 RE: Early Show Vidcaps nicholas 08-13-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GalaxyGirl 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-05, 04:29 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Awesome pics!!!

I really felt like the show started. Wow, wow. And in the group shot of both tribes, It looks like some of the opposing teams were buddy buddy with each other. Coincidence or plant?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 06:52 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Here is the accompanying voice over:

Julie Chen: This season 16 castaways will be stranded among the ancient Mayan ruins of Guatemala. It is here in this harsh Central American jungle that the new cast will compete against each other and the elements for the $1 million prize and the right to be called the "Ultimate Survivor".

Let's meet the new contestants:

Jamie Newton is 24 and a water ski instructor from North Hollywood, California.

A zookeeper from Naples, Florida, Cindy Hall is 31.

Brianna Varela, 21, is a make-up artist from Edmonds, Washington.

Brianna: I sell $285 wrinkle cream. Do you need $285 wrinkle cream? Do you? Let's be honest. You do. And I'll tell you why exactly. That's my job.

Julie Chen: Judd Sergeant, 34, of Ridgefield, New Jersey works as a doorman at a NYC hotel.

22 year old Ivy League student Brian Corridan lives in NYC.

Brian: You don't come out here and say you're better than everyone. That's DUMB. No one is going to know that I'm an Ivy League student. It's a big secret because I think that's a stupid thing to come out and tell people that I went to Columbia.

Julie Chen: Lydia Morales, 42, is a fishmonger in Lakewood, Washington.

Rafe Judkins is a student in Providence, Rhode Island. He's 22.

Dallas resident Blake Towsley is 24 and sells commercial real estate.

Blake: I can't see myself establishing a relationship on Survivor but I mean it's a facet that I will definitely exploit to the best of my abilities in order to win.

Julie Chen: A resident of Decatur, Illinois, Morgan McDevitt is 21 and works as a Magician's Assistant.

Brandon: I got some more padding. <carrying palm fronds>

Julie Chen: 22 year old Brandon Bellinger is a farmer from Manhattan, Kansas.

Danni Boatwright, also of Kansas, is a sports radio talk show host in Tonganoxie. She's 30.

Danni: I'm such a tomboy. All my life alls I wanted to do was play sports or go to a sporting event. There's just nothing really girly about me.

Julie Chen: Margaret Bobonich, 33, is a family nurse practitioner from Chardon, Ohio.

Jim Lynch is a retired fire captain from Northglenn, Colorado. At age 63 he is this season's oldest competitor.

39 year old Amy O'Hara is a police sergeant in Revere, Massachusetts.

Amy: I've dealt with it all. People will try to be deceptive. So if you think you're going to play me, think again. It's not going to happen.

Julie Chen: Brooke Struck is 26 and a law student in Santa Monica, California.

And finally, 46 year old Grand Haven, Michigan resident, Gary Hogeboom. Sports fans should recognize his name. He played quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

Gary: I don't want to go by my last name on the show. I think I'd be voted off immediately if somebody knew I was in the NFL. Everybody thinks they make big money. I was pre big money.

Julie Chen: Who among these 16 castaways will be able to outwit, outlast and play the others for 39 days of intense competition in the Central American rainforest? Only the Mayan spirits know for sure.

Some initial thoughts:

Supplies-
They each get a canteen/water sack (strapped around the shoulder in pics)
They each have a sack of personal items/supplies (many can be seen with a reddish colored bag strapped on opposite shoulder)
Clay pot with cover (possibly manioc flour?)
Gourds and other misc pots
Machete(s)

And what is this:

Is that an immunity idol or something like the spirit stone? You can see a head and shoulders, so it isn't just a rock. Brandon is on the yellow tribe and I believe that the blue tribe will be the first to go to tribal council anyway based on face time/confessionals.

The first boot will most likely come from this group:
Brianna
Brian
Blake
Danni
Amy
Gary

Interesting that 4 of them are on the blue tribe, while 2 are from yellow. From the combination of quotes/caps I would say that Amy and Brian are the most vulnerable and could easily be our first boot.

08-12-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Thanks for supplying the VO, KO! Here are a few vidcaps that show their supplies:

At Nakum we see that they already have fire, note the smoke:

Seeing the fire at the Nakum/Yellow camp also made me think that the yellow tribe may indeed win the first challenge. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the survivors have to try and get fire on their own, or win it in the challenge? The losing tribe often does not receive it until going to their first TC.

Also in the above shot you can see that they have a blanket of some sort, note that Blake is lying on it....did they win it or was it part of the things that were supplied to them? I think they might have won it.

Here are a few pics that show all of the pots that they have been given:

Also note the cover, that looks like a chopping board too.

Here are some clear pictures of the two sacks that they received. One for water and one for personal supplies, as KO notes:

As for the picture of the farmer with the item in his hand:

I really think that is him cleaning out his boot??? Don't see anything resembling an II in that shot....
I agree with your picks for first boot, but I think Jim, due to his age may be considered a liability to his group and therefore an early target as well. Also, if they watched the last Survivor at all they must know that a fireman won it all, if they find out that Jim was a fireman, that could also make him an early target....not fair, I know, but it could happen~!

But, seeing the blanket that Blake is lying on and the established fire at the Nakum camp, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet that the blue tribe, Yaxha, will indeed be the first tribe that makes the trip to TC!

08-12-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Ah, yes that is his boot not an idol, lol. I also thought that the smoke in those pics may indicate fire, but it also could be the sun pushing through the morning haze. It is very humid down there and with the heat I have seen other pictures that look like smoke when it really isn't...

My speculation on who is out first is strictly from the confessionals and exposure anyway.

Gary, Amy, and Brian are speaking in each set of promos, and their face exposure is plenty. Amy and Brian both have made some pretty strong statements that could end up as ironic if they are the first boot (and so to has Gary to a smaller degree).

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Looking at Yaxha tribe agewise, there are five people in their low 20's -- Brian, Brianna, Rafe, Jamie, and Morgan -- and three older people -- Amy (39), Lydia (42) and Gary (47). The younger crowd could align to get rid of the older people. I could see this happening from my initial impressions of these people. So Amy might be in a bad spot.

The Nakum tribe is more evenly distributed agewise, although Jim is significantly older than everyone else, and I think he would be an early target as well.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

08-13-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
KO, your speculation regarding first boot from the early confessionals got me to thinking, not a good thing, I know! At any rate, if BJ and Steph will be assigned to one of these tribes as a player, and to me it is looking more and more like that, I think BJ and Steph both will bring with them a "keep the strongest and boot the weakest" strategy to at least make it to the merge. I'm sure with their previous experience they may try to influence their respective tribes. After what they both went through last season, I would say that would put a major target on the weakest links.
At this point that could be Jim from Nakum or Brianna, Brian, or Lydia from Yaxha...

Food for thought...

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
>I really think that is him
>cleaning out his boot???

I agree, FP, it looks like a shoe or a boot. (It would be funny if the Immunity Idol, ie that which keeps people from getting booted, was a boot!)

>Also, if they watched the
>last Survivor at all they
>must know that a fireman
>won it all, if they
>find out that Jim was
>a fireman, that could also
>make him an early target

Refresh my memory - how much of last season would these Survivors have seen before they departed for filming?

08-12-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
They didn't leave for Guatemala until well after Palau ended so if they were so inclined, they could have watched the whole season.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-12-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
They are definitely aware of Palau. The retired fire captain, Jim, had planned to hide his occupation since Tom the firefighter won last season. Of course, I see him wearing a shirt with what looks like a fire station insignia, so perhaps he changed his mind.

For more about this new crop of Survivors, go to http://survivorthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/08/tidbits-of-information.html.

08-12-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Corvis, you have Yaxha as the name of the blue tribe, do we have a name for the yellow tribe yet? Or did I miss it?

08-12-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
10. "Tribe Names"
Hi Brownroach! Dan Bollinger spoiled the tribe names quite a while ago. Check out the new survivors divided by tribes in the "Cast Photo" thread here at Blows as well.

The Blue Tribe is Yaxha, spoiled by TDT who discovered the "Y" on the flag behind Jamie from a new vidcap, while the yellow tribe is Nakum.

08-12-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-05 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Edited: looking at this again, there are quite a few caps where they are buffless. I think they are all hanging out waiting for something to happen for awhile, like in Palau. The camp must be near or in the ruins, by which time they all have buffs. We still don't know how the tribes are formed though. Pre-assignments or some kind of selection process?

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-12-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
thought that the information of the camp(s) being actually in the ruins already came out. Or maybe I am wrong. I did notice that they were not wearing buffs in all the pics. And I didn't see any pics of Bobby John and Steph. I doubt they would bring them back again

08-12-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
Yes, I believe the original preview said they would be living in the ruins. But the blue tribe seems to be setting up a living area right outside the ruins. And we see people from both tribes coming back from the woods with leaves as if they are going to build a shelter.

As for BJ and Steph, Webby already pointed out that the original promo said 18 castaways but CBS has only announced 16. It's pretty much for certain that they are there.

08-13-05, 07:44 AM (EST)
14. "Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps"
Courtesy of Survivor Fever, here are the Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps:

Voice Over:

Judd: I'm a New Yorker and I'll bring the ruthless and the cunningness.

Amy: Toughen up and suck it up, that's going to be my motto.

Brian: I have no tolerance for ignorance or stupidity.

Brandon: First impressions of me might be I'm some dumb ignorant hick.

Danni: My friends call me "Redneck Barbie" because I was once pulling ticks off my head after fishing

VO: Former NFL quarterback Gary Hogeboom is among the castaways but he's not about to let his competitors know about his famous past.

Gary: I'd be voted off immediately if someone knew that I was in the NFL.

08-13-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps"
A few things I noted with the Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps. The tribes are pictured together formally. It's official, as noted by TDT the blue tribe is the Yaxha tribe.

What are Amy and Brian bringing back/carrying here? Looks like a larger sack, doesn't look like it would be their container for water, and it doesn't look as though it would contain their pots and covers? Any ideas?

What's with the redhead, Cindy? She looks angry and sullen in almost every picture of her? She looks alot like a mad Lindsey Lohan to me....

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-13-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Entertainment Tonight Vidcaps"

Looks like Danni and Gary Hogeboom will get along just fine ... too bad they are not on the same team ...

FWIW, all of the group shots look like "staged" PR shots to me.

nicholas 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-05, 08:04 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Early Show Vidcaps"
we uncover a lot with the previews while we learn a lot with the website. but why is the website designed that way? its definitely different from all the others. and i find it odd that they won't show the tribe division although they pretty much did in the cast photos. anyway the website looks just a bit odd to me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •