The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coby's comment last night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

yg1rl123 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coby's comment last night"
I noticed last night that Coby said everyone voted him off because they thought he was a threat and that is a great compliment. The way he said that whole speech made me think that he saw the confessional of people who voted for him. I don't have a tape of the episode so I can't verify.. but I believe he said, "...not because I was lazy or.. everyone said it was because I was a threat."

My question is that do they actually get to see who voted for them and the confessionals that go along with the vote before they tape their own 'good-byes'? If this is not relevant to this board or it is being discussed elsewhere, please feel free to lock it down. Go easy on me.. it is my first post.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coby's comment last night KObrien_fan 04-15-05 1
   RE: Coby's comment last night pmspml5 04-15-05 2
       RE: Coby's comment last night KObrien_fan 04-15-05 3
           RE: Coby's comment last night pmspml5 04-15-05 5
           RE: Coby's comment last night Pookie13 04-15-05 6
   RE: Coby's comment last night Brownroach 04-15-05 11
 RE: Coby's comment last night samboohoo 04-15-05 4
   RE: Coby's comment last night DizzyDeni 04-15-05 7
       RE: Coby's comment last night Bravegirl 04-15-05 8
           RE: Coby's comment last night Loree 04-15-05 10
 RE: Coby's comment last night Devious Weasel 04-15-05 9
   RE: Coby's comment last night SFGW 04-15-05 12
       RE: Coby's comment last night RustytheNail 04-16-05 13
           RE: Coby's comment last night iatovttotx78 04-16-05 14
               RE: Coby's comment last night ADKer 04-16-05 15
                   RE: Coby's comment last night michel 04-16-05 16
                       RE: Coby's comment last night littletown 04-17-05 17
                           RE: Coby's comment last night michel 04-17-05 18
               RE: Coby's comment last night momotoo 04-18-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
No they don't get to see or hear the tapes of the others. I believe his comments were all speculation and/or just being a little sarcastic. Once Coby is on the jury he will be able to sit in on tribal council, and then if he hears something he wants to see what happened at camp, he can request the footage and watch that. This is meant to help the jury make an informed decision on who to ultimately vote for.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Actually - what I think happened is that the actual TC usually lasts a very long time and then they edit it. We have seen several times when JP will asks - how do you decide on who you are voting for. I just think that this week - that question was not shown for editing reasons. The survivor's were asked and I can see them saying something to the idea of voting for someone I think is a threat. That is where Coby got the idea that it was a compliment.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
That is true that TC lasts for hours and all we see is a little edited piece of it. But I think that some of them may have answered that question (if asked) in a way to not alienate the first jury member and to be politically safe. I can certainly see Ian or Katie answering "I'm going to vote for the person I feel is the biggest threat", but not really mean it.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Oh I totally agree that they didnt mean it - but that is where Coby got the idea - I think his chitter chatter in your face attitude is what got him voted off.

Pookie13 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-15-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Or they could mean it ... they said that Willard was an obvious choice for the first boot because he was a potential puzzle threat down the road, and Coby had proven to be good at the puzzles.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Once Coby is on the jury he will be able to sit in on tribal council, and then if he hears something he wants to see what happened at camp, he can request the footage and watch that.

I never knew that. Did Kathy tell you that? I thought the point was always that the tribal councils were all the jury got to see.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
I can also see Coby thinking that they voted him off before Janu because Janu is pretty worthless and weak and would be easier to compete against as time goes on, where Coby wouldn't. Where Jeff referred to Steph as being a free vote, that's actually what Janu is, a free vote for later.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

DizzyDeni 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
If he thought for one minute that he was a threat, he is dillusional. He was on a roll last night, and his attitude got him airlifted right out of the game. I wonder what he will do on the jury.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
I think that Coby was a threat. He was a hard competitor in many of the challenges. BUT I think he was being sarcastic when he was talking about what wonderful ppl they are and how they voted him out because of their respect for his being a threat. As a jury member, I think he'll vote for Steph (if she makes it that far). I was trying to remember who he said he had alliances with but I can't. Does anyone remember what he said last night to Stephanie about his alliances????

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Coby considered him Janu, Caryn and Willard an alliance. Then Willard was booted but he had that chat with Gregg and hoped Gregg and Jenn would join his alliance. He also wanted Steph. Coby always referred to Ian, Tom and Katie as the ones in charge.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
A very good first post, cause it starts us thinking about what the jury will do. I didn't sense any sarcasm in the comment at all. I sensed a great deal of pride. I imagine that, given this was Koror's first real TC, Jeff spend a lot of time asking why people were going to vote the way they voted. We'll know more when the insider info is posted.

SFGW 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 09:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Could they have told Coby ahead of time that he was going?

My take is that, he knows the game, he knows he performs around camp, so for him the only reason they would vote him out first is because they would think he is a threat. He took their vote as a way of saying to him that they were afraid of him, so took him out at the 1st opportunity they had. You could look at it in a negative way or possitive, he just took it as a compliment. He even said that to them when he started to leave after having his torch snuffed out.

RustytheNail 22 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
Given the almost unanimous vote last night, plus Coby's comments immediately thereafter and his appearance on the Early Show (I have not yet seen Survivor Insider), my non-message board family immediately said two things: (1) Coby knew in advance, and that's why he jumped first, and (2) clearly Janu is next.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-16-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
If he knew he was going pre IC, wouldn't he have fouhgt hard to haave been the last one standing on the pole? If he knew he was going to go, and was the first to jump off in my mind that's tantamount to quiting. I don't think Coby's the quiting type

~Tim~

fighting for peace is like fvcking for virginity.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
I agree. Coby was VERY angry at his boot; he is quick enough and bright enough to try to cover the hurt by calling it a compliment. I did not see the early show and I hope that Coby really is a class act, but I did not see that on the show. Coby was trying to get Stephanie into his alliance; his efforts were not effective. He wanted to be accepted by the big boys; instead he was rejected. I believe that he is going to have a difficult choice at the final tribal council if the final two are Katie and either Tom or Ian. He will probably be looking for a compliment or reinforcement of his perspective on the game in his final question, like Brandon in Africa.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
I think Coby was voted out mainly because he was getting on everyone's nerves. They may have given a different reason at TC so they don't lose his vote but no way they considered him a physical threat.

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-17-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
I think Coby is definately a threat. He is a genius at puzzles. Also, he was the only one to openly challenge Tom's authority. He also knew tribe politics. He knew the way the boots would go and wasn't happy with where he fit. So he tried to change that and it got him voted off. He was a STRATEGIST.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
It doesn' take much to become a genius!. The situation at Koror has been so simple from the start that everyone knows you have to get along with Tom and hope that the right opportunity will arise. Coby was too much of a complainer to wait for it. His behaviour was simply childish, especially when it came to fishing with the two men from Palau.

momotoo 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 05:08 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Coby's comment last night"
While I do agree that Coby didn't seem like the quitting type, to me, he still quit. He lost his focus on the game...to win a million dollars! If he'd really known that he was going to be gone during TC, he definitely should have tried his damnest to be the last person standing during the IC. Granted, Tom was a tough one to beat, but hey, it's an endurance challenge ! It's a 'all-in-the-mind' challenge (you won't believe how obedient your body can be when totally controlled by the mind) !!! Heck, I believe most people there could have lasted a long time, not just Tom. And Coby also didn't seem like the mentally weak type.

So, what give ? I'm sure anyone who goes on Survivor knows he's not there to make friends, make peace, make love or make anything with anyone (even if it's an alliance, it's only for the sake of the game). So what if Tom was pissing you off, so what if you're not one of them pretty girls. So what ??? Be focused on the game and do whatever it takes to win win win ! Coby should have just waved his fingers, rolled his eyes and said "WHATEVER!" to all these emotional factors ! I miss him already.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •