The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S10 - location??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-25-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S10 - location??"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-04 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Any thoughts?? I doubt it'll be in the pacific or caribbean/south america area(6-9 were filmed there). Could they possibly head back to Africa(Madagascar/??) somewhere or Asia(Indonesia/Phillipines??)?? Or even Europe(Greek islands/Canary islands)??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S10 - location?? okaloosajohn 05-25-04 1
   RE: S10 - location?? RyrieRae 05-26-04 2
       RE: S10 - location?? caveman 05-26-04 3
           RE: S10 - location?? Rothschild 05-26-04 4
               RE: S10 - location?? stunnerphil 05-26-04 5
                   RE: S10 - location?? Capn2patch 05-27-04 6
                   RE: S10 - location?? Rich4757 05-31-04 9
 How about....... dabo 05-28-04 7
   RE: How about....... Captain Hook 06-04-04 14
 RE: Back to Borneo and Australia Captain Hook 05-28-04 8
   RE: Back to Borneo and Australia Rich4757 05-31-04 10
       RE: Back to Borneo and Australia oz4ever 06-02-04 13
   RE: Back to Borneo and Australia dabo 06-04-04 16
   RE: Back to Borneo and Australia applejack93 11-02-04 27
 RE: S10 - location?? - why not Amer... nclady27583 05-31-04 11
   RE: S10 - location?? - why not Amer... RyrieRae 06-01-04 12
       RE: S10 - location?? - why not Amer... Ra_8secs 06-04-04 15
   RE: S10 - location?? - why not Amer... dabo 06-04-04 17
 BUMP IceCat 08-04-04 18
   RE: BUMP JJ 08-05-04 19
 BUMP IceCat 10-12-04 20
   RE: BUMP toad8098 10-12-04 21
       RE: BUMP ScurvyDawg 10-12-04 22
 It Begins dabo 11-01-04 23
   RE: It Begins toad8098 11-01-04 24
       RE: It Begins pmspml5 11-01-04 25
           RE: It Begins dabo 11-02-04 26
       Spring Survivor history FesterFan1 11-02-04 28
 Confirmed. clemsonbeav 11-19-04 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-25-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
1. "RE: S10 - location??"
I think MB learned his lesson with Africa. I don't think we'll ever see another Survivor in a land locked location...

I was thinking maybe some place like the Seychelles...isolated, sub tropical...or how about the Galapogos?

And there is all of Micronesia to choose from. Some of those atolls would be ideal!

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
2. "RE: S10 - location??"
I was surprised that S9 is at Vanuatu, being so close to Australia and all. Madagascar sounds good for s10, but what is the climate/terrain/etc like there?

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
3. "RE: S10 - location??"
I have to agree that landlocked locations are not likely in the future. If I were a gambling man (and I am) I would predict one of the next games will be played on one of the 90+ islands of Seychelles. Seychelles in just north of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean and has a low Muslim population. Both climate and political culture are favorable to the Survivor machine.

Caveman

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S10 - location??"
why not another Rupert show --- Indianapolis

stunnerphil 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-04, 10:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S10 - location??"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 10:43 PM (EST)

Maybe they should have it some where cold all the previous shows were extremly hot it would be a great twist to the show.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-27-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S10 - location??"
What? No more grand entrances by Cleopatra? I don't think so. The fact that many of the survivors are somewhat sexy, sells. And viewership is what it's all about. Sweet Colleen in a ski-jacket? Ummm... NO!
It's likely that we'll see more of the Vanuatu/south pacific locations. 1/2 the current crew was hired for Australian Outback from Australia, they are familiar with the surroundings and to be honest, the air of mystery and unfamiliarity adds to the flavour of Survivor for the north American audience. I wouldn't be surprised to see another season in Australia.

Two-Patch

Rich4757 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-31-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S10 - location??"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04
>AT 10:43 PM (EST)

>
>Maybe they should have it some
>where cold all the previous
>shows were extremly hot it
> would be a great
>twist to the show.

It won't be anywhere cold because the body slows down too much to conserve heat and energy in the cold. The tribes would just sit there and huddle close all day long. I still think they could go to land locked location as long as it has either a large river or very large lake near the two camps, similar to S2 in Australia if I'm not mistaken.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
7. "How about......."
Devil's Island (French Guiana).
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/D/DevilsI1s.asp

Captain Hook 33 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-04, 02:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: How about......."
Interesting research dabo...sounds good to me...send it to MB and See BS

Captain Hook 33 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Back to Borneo and Australia"
I can recall when Survivor was slated to be held somewhere in the Middle East, Jordan I think and although this conflict will never end over there and I am paying 2 bucks for a gallon of gas, I still think the desert element of Survivor would make for an interesting season. People didn't like the landlocked season of Africa but I think that was due to the casting of many non-existant boring players, the location had nothing to do with it.

Also, it has been rumored before and definitely for all stars that Survivor return to Borneo and Pulau Tiga. What a better place to host the 10th season of Survivor. Back to where it all began. I don't think this would start a trend of going back to previous locations but I do think sometime in the next 5 seasons, we will see a return to the outback of Australia. Mark Burnett seems to have such a hang up there, personally it was by far my least favorite season, and I think it will be hosted there once again. His eco-challenge show has gone there several times, and in inerviews, MB has said time and time again what a great and beautiful location it is. I don't see it, but I am not the producer of the show.

Rich4757 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Back to Borneo and Australia"
>I still think
>the desert element of Survivor
>would make for an interesting
>season. People didn't like the
>landlocked season of Africa but
>I think that was due
>to the casting of many
>non-existant boring players, the location
>had nothing to do with
>it.

The problem I heard in regards to the desert was that it played hell with the production equipment, also remember that you have to keep the crew happy or risk them quiting if not during that season then before the next.

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-02-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Back to Borneo and Australia"
Yes I think Burnett would love to come back to Australia at some point, bu not neccessarily in the desert which is where i thought S2 was originally going to be played. Let me just state that Australians do not refer to the tropical area where it WAS filmed as the "Outback". We call it the rainforest, because that's what it is. The "Outback" refers to places like where Uluru is (a big rock in the middle of nowhere, with red sand instead of yellow in the desert). It is very dry and that's why Burnett won't film there.

I would however like to see a series filmed in the same location as "Australian Survivor" was filmed, in South Australia. It was a badly chosen location for Australian contestants but for Americans at least it is still foreign. That way you could compare how the two different nationalities tackled the terrain - one tribe of Australians didn't even bother making a shelter, with the view that they'd just go live at the other camp come merge. Needless to say, they entered the merge 7-3 down because, due to having no shelter, they lost 5 of the tribal immunity challenges.

If global warming gets worse I would like to see a series in Tuvalu (Pacific Ocean) on an island that disappears at high tide. Wouldn't that make for good TV, building a treehouse for shelter to escape the floods?

06-04-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Back to Borneo and Australia"
They were going to hold S4 in Jordon, close to the Jordon River, but then 9/11 happened and they switched to the Marquesas. At least that's how I recall it happened.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-02-04, 06:59 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Back to Borneo and Australia"
hey watch what you're saying! some of the people who read these boards are australian! lol. it's okay, I'm not offended.

But, I think landlocked locations are better. They are different from the tropical islands/paradises we have seen about 6 times, and that's not including the Amazon (which was really just a tropical island on a continent)

I think somewhere in North America would be fascinating. Like the Rockies. Yeah, somewhere mountainous, but not super cold.

nclady27583 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S10 - location?? - why not America"
Is there some production problems with America? Has there been one I have overlooked?

I would love to see one done in Alaska where it gets cold at night. Would have to find an area protected against the bears and mountain lions though.

I have only just seen the first season on DVD. I am so surprised by what they had at their disposal to help them. And still they whined and complained. And the people who refused to play the game. Amazing.

lani

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S10 - location?? - why not America"
America is not remote, exotic, etc. Part of the mystery is seeing these people adapt to a climate they are unfamiliar with.

Others may disagree, but I would not be disappointed if EVERY season were at the same location. Perhaps I watch the game for different reasons though. I realize that the average viewer needs to be entertained and can become bored easily if things are not changed, but I love this game for the game. Just give me 16 strangers and let them duke it out. Location, game twists... none of that really matters to me. Anyone else feel the same.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-04-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S10 - location?? - why not America"
Part of the show's hook is the ambiance and psuedo-unique elements of the locale. That stuff drives an overall theme for the "set", which gives flavor to the challenges, rewards, and TC set.

If Survivor were at the same locale everytime, MB would lose that aspect of the show. All-Stars was different, and a suitable sequal, since it wasn't truly new survivor, having a repeat cast.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

06-04-04, 08:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S10 - location?? - why not America"
>Is there some production problems with
>America? Has there been one
>I have overlooked?
>
In S2, after Michael took his dive into the fire, all of his medical expenses were paid for out of pocket so that no insurance paper trail would exist for spoilers to find out about. In Australia that's one thing, try doing that in the USA; even CBS with all its resources would balk at footing the bill for something like that.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
18. "BUMP"
Lets keep the S10 location discussion on one thread.

Thanks

JJ 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 09:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: BUMP"
I heard its going to be in Pulau, which is NOT the same as where the first one was.

Pulau, which is east of the Phillipines

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
20. "BUMP"
This topic has come up again.

10-12-04, 08:50 PM (EST)
21. "RE: BUMP"
Sorry, I couldn't find this threat, which is why I started a new one. I was just looking for an update.

ScurvyDawg 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-12-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: BUMP"
According to the Vanuatu Daily Post the site of Survivor 10 will be Palau. The link is here http://www.vanuatudaily.com/vtpbin/showframe.exe?link=survivors&user=2B29A6D27EC9FD9A949C7C4C78DBBF52&n=2&f=1

The note to Palau is in the second of the two August 3 entries.

11-01-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
23. "It Begins"
http://www.acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=640

11-01-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
24. "RE: It Begins"
Do they usually film the spring survivor during Christmas time??? I thought it was done by then??

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-01-04, 11:54 PM (EST)
25. "RE: It Begins"
I do think its gone over Thanksgiving before but not sure

11-02-04, 02:21 AM (EST)
26. "RE: It Begins"
According to the calendar the shoot will wrap Dec. 9. The finale of S9 cannot air before S10 wraps, Probst has to be present (in NY or LA) for the live finale/reunion.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
28. "Spring Survivor history"
Film dates for even numbered, or Spring, Survivors:

S2: 10/23/00-12/3/00
S4: 11/12/01-12/20/01
S6: 11/4/02-12/12/02
S8: 11/3/03-12/11/03
S10: 11/1/04-12/9/04

It would seem that an 11/1 start date is consistent with the last 2 Spring Survivors, starting on the first Monday of November.

Fester

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-19-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
29. "Confirmed."
'Cause Snewser says so!

Source: http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=1059

Survivor 10: Yep, It's Palau
SNN has confirmed that Survivor 10 is currently filming in Palau.
SNN
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Vanuatu Daily Post reported in August that the Survivor production team would be heading to Palau in the South Pacific to film Survivor 10.

SurvivorNews has confirmed this to be accurate. The game is currently underway in Palau, believed to have started circa 1 November.

More later as our Echelon antennas continue to pick up valuable top secret intel (hi Jolanda and Ian!) and time permits (shaking head).

<--I was there 11.06.04!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •