The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Eliza's Edit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-13-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Eliza's Edit"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-04 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

Eliza's episode nine edit was very interesting. The only time I remember such a dramatic "woe is me" edit was Alicia in Allstars, but she was voted out in the same episode.

Now I'm starting to wander why we saw SOOO much footage of her b!tching. Could she last? In episode ten, the promos discuss new alliances. At this point Eliza would seem the most likely candidate to switch sides, after being burned by her all-girl alliance.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Eliza's Edit Flowerpower 11-13-04 1
 RE: Eliza's Edit cowboyroo 11-13-04 2
   Agree PepeLePew13 11-13-04 3
 RE: Eliza's Edit 7sins_pride 11-14-04 4
   RE: Eliza's Edit dabo 11-15-04 6
 RE: Eliza's Edit KObrien_fan 11-15-04 5
   RE: Eliza's Edit RyrieRae 11-15-04 7
       RE: Eliza's Edit 7sins_pride 11-16-04 8
           Ami's vote RyrieRae 11-17-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
I just don't know about Eliza. Ever since she saved herself in the second episode by switching to vote with the burly girls we have been waiting for her again to swing to the opposing side in order to take out the dominant ones. We waited for her to get into cahoots with Rory and it never happened. Now we've been waiting for her to jump ship and align with the men...I'm thinking that this flip flopping from Eliza is just never going to come to fruition. I'd bet that if Scout flips loyalties to the men with Twila, Eliza will stay firmly planted with the original Yasurs, Ami/Leann/Julie. I'd love to see her do it, but at this point I'm doubtful.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-13-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
I don't know why so many people keep referring to Eliza as the flip-flopper. She only flip-flopped once when she was on the chopping block and wasn't confident where Dolly was voting. She gave LeeAnn and Ami her word that she would vote for Dolly, and from what I've seen from Eliza, she is loyal to her word. Eliza is in the Top 3 of the Yasur alliance with Ami and LeeAnn. Scout has shown much more of a willingness to flip-flop than Eliza IMO.

Julie also shows willingness to flip-flop. When her and LeeAnn came back from reward, Eliza ran up to hug Julie and Julie passed her by. She's going to try and distance herself somewhat from Eliza to move herself up the food chain.

Also, the only 3 players being edited to play a smart game are Chris, Julie and to an extent Twila. We're shown Twila learning how to play the game as it goes.

In addition, some feel Chad is not a possible target yet because his prosthetic leg has not been capitalized on yet. Personally, I don't think it will. Through the editing, MB has made us not feel sorry for Chad, but has edited him to be able to blend in even with a handicap, and not let that handicap hinder him in anyway. That is what I believe Chad's story is; a motivation for those with handicaps to be able to fit in.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
3. "Agree"

>In addition, some feel Chad is not a possible target yet
>because his prosthetic leg has not been capitalized on yet.
>Personally, I don't think it will. Through the editing, MB
>has made us not feel sorry for Chad, but has
>edited him to be able to blend in even with
>a handicap, and not let that handicap hinder him in
>anyway.
That is what I believe Chad's story is; a
>motivation for those with handicaps to be able to fit in.

I agree with this. We saw this same editing with Christy in the Amazon -- she told her group in the first episode about her disability (just like Chad did), then it wasn't a focus of discussion again the rest of the way. Sure, we saw little bits along the way such as when Christy read the letter from home and she commented on her frustration at trying to fit in and we saw Chad laughing it up with Chris about the slip of tongue "get a leg up" but neither were a focal point in the episode.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
Doesn't anyone think that Elize is edited to win? Seriously.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
That's a possibility. She's been fighting to keep in the game practically from the start, she's a scrapper. On the other hand, she has to talk to the jury before they vote, her nonstop verbal run-ons would probably work against her then. She may seem to have it under control, but under the pressure of the jury she may well revert to form.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 07:46 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
I think that both Chris and Eliza are getting editing that is indicative of them together in the final 2. They both had to overcome great odds early in the game to save themselves. They both are smart and know how to play the game. Eliza wears her heart on her sleeve more, but these 2 characters will start burning people left and right until they get to the end, together.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

11-15-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
Eliza's Episode nine edit seemed a lot like Alicia from Allstars, but I'm starting to think that her over all edit is more like Jenna Lewis from allstars. She's having to overcome so much and may end up going very far.

In addition, I remember her quote from a pre-game promo "I am willing to do whatever it takes to go all the way." People with that attitude, usually do go very far.

So I'm expecting her to make it to final 3 (like Jenna L) and possibly final 2, but will not win. I can't imagine her beating anyone in the finals.

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-04, 09:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Eliza's Edit"
Honestly if she does make it to the Final 2 with Chris, i have a feeling she might just be able to pull it off.

We all know Ami is a all-female-all-the-way type, so she definitely would get her vote, i believe she might be able to sway Leanne and Julie to vote for her.

Chad, Sarge is a no brainer.

Now, the question is Twila and Scout. Twila may seem fit to vote for Chris...but so far, she seems stuck with the women so we might never know, but im rooting for a Chris vote.

So, that leaves us with Scout. Now - though she may a few "misunderstandings" with Eliza, i would however not be suprised if she does vote for Eliza, simply based on the gender issue. OR, it might never happen and Scout votes for Chris.

11-17-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
9. "Ami's vote"
I too thought Ami's vote at Final Tribal would be predictable... she would vote for the female if it came down to male/female Final 2. But as we are starting to see Ami's personality come out, I'm beginning to believe that we will not really know where Ami's vote will go until we see the circumstances surrounding her boot. I can imagine her bitter reaction to being screwed over by Eliza or any female that makes it further than her at Ami's expense. If a female in the final 2 was an instigator in getting her voted out, then she may very well vote for a male in Final Tribal out of spite.

Here is my Final 4: Twila, Chris, Eliza, Chad(and yes, I realize I am the last SurvivorBlows DAW that thinks Chad has a fighting chance)

4th - Twila, her flip flopping will get her far, but at this point she is expendable, and none of the final 4 will side with her to create a tie. It will be a 3-1 vote for Twila.

3rd - Chris, before the Final Endurance Challenge, Chris will plan to take Eliza to final 2 and Eliza will plan to take Chris to the final 2, only because they will both agree that Chad Chris has a "leg up" on them with the sympathy vote. This possibility has been set in the early stages of Survivor editing, and I believe this is where we will see it serve it's purpose. However Chad will win Final Immunity and vote off Chris (because he will think it easier to win over Eliza)

2nd - Chad, his sympathy vote issue would make his winning too obvious, so as it turns out he doesn't win the sympathy vote. Plus, history shows us that the person PICKED to go to final 2 rather than the person who wins Final Immunity, has a better chance of winning. (The only Winners of both Survivor and Final Immunity were Vecepia, Brian, and Jenna M)

Winner - Eliza, Would get the vote of Twila, Julie, Leann, and Ami

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •