The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"opportunity for smart girls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-04, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"opportunity for smart girls"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-04 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

We have reached a point in the game that a woman can assure herself of being in the final 3 if she plays smartly. If any of the woman can bring 2 of their friends along, the 3 of them can work with Chris and Chad to vote out the other females. Its not like the guys have many options at this point to do anything but agree to such a plan. Then the woman can vote out each of the guys (assuming the guys don't keep winning immunity challenges) and the 3 smart girls will find themselves in the final 3.

Having said that, I don't see this actually being pursued by this group of woman. I can't see what 3 woman would create this alliance. Twila and Scout can work together with the guys, but they need 1 more to make this work. Eliza won't join up with Scout and Julie and Twila don't seem to trust each other anymore. LeeAnn and Ami would never join a male alliance. Especially since they think they are currently in the dominant alliance.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: opportunity for smart girls Krautboy 11-12-04 1
   RE: opportunity for smart girls smokedog 11-13-04 2
   RE: opportunity for smart girls Flowerpower 11-13-04 4
       RE: opportunity for smart girls alwaysintruble1 11-13-04 5
   RE: opportunity for smart girls PepeLePew13 11-13-04 6
       RE: opportunity for smart girls kingfish 11-15-04 11
   RE: opportunity for smart girls esquire 11-15-04 7
       RE: opportunity for smart girls Krautboy 11-15-04 8
           RE: opportunity for smart girls esquire 11-15-04 10
               RE: opportunity for smart girls Brownroach 11-15-04 12
 RE: opportunity for smart girls Nashter 11-13-04 3
 RE: opportunity for smart girls JohnMc 11-15-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-12-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
1. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
Esquire, I had similar thoughts last night watching the show...

The tides seemed to start turning when Leann selected Julie to share the reward. They seemed to bond and were shown dancing in camp, as Scout observed that she may have been knocked down a few notches in the pecking order.

It appeared that last night Scout made the decision to make her move. Twila, seems to trust Scout, and Ami may decide her chances are better with the older women than with the others.

Add to that Snewsers spoiler that Leann goes the week after next and it appears that the women's alliance does in deed start to fall apart this week.

Since Leann and Julie have been edited as new allies, and since we know that Leann goes the week after next, we might speculate that Scout and Twila take Ami and vote with the men to break up Leann and Julie.

Julie this week, Leann next week, and then the three "smart girls" have got the two men right where they want them.

This is supported by the rumor that an "older women" makes it to the final three. Scout is one of the "smart girls" and it appears that this is the week she makes the move that gets her to the end...

Krautboy

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-13-04, 03:36 AM (EST)
2. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
I can see it going that way. Ami is a player and probably has her finger on the pulse of her tribe. She stated last episode that a) she could be a target (immunity) and b) that the women may not be a strong as she thinks. So she has a decent read on things.

Also, she can STILL make her earlier comment of 'no women's alliance has ever held up' by making the Final 3 with her new pals.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-04 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

KB, I love the sounds of your speculation! I would love to see Ami make the realization as to what is indeed happening around her. She seems very clever and focused and I believe this could happen. I just hope that she is not blinded by the idea of keeping an all women's alliance to the end...if she is, she'll never make it. I think Eliza is a scrambler, but I don't think she is studying all the possibilities to get where she needs to get, the end game.

I am hoping that somehow Chris figures out a way to make it to the F3, perhaps critical IC wins might just get him there.

ETA: If Ami comes to the conclusions of joining in with the older gals, Twila and Scout, and joining forces with the men to vote out Julie/Leann/Eliza, then the girls can oust the guys, and Ami is much more superior to Twila and Scout challenge wise, I think mentally and physically....KB, you have figured out a way for her to definately make F2, now let's just see if she can figure it out as well!

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
5. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
I just hope that she is not blinded by the idea of keeping an all women's alliance to the end...

Although I agree that Ami is a clever player, I think you've got it correct here. I can't see her agreeing to vote with the guys, at least not until there is only one of them left. Somehow I don't see her taking the chance that two guys might beat her out to end up as the F2, it would kill her to see that happen. She'll most likely cling to the girls allinace too long, and will cost her the game.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
6. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"

>Add to that Snewsers spoiler that
>Leann goes the week after
>next and it appears that
>the women's alliance does in
>deed start to fall apart
>this week.

I'm still on the fence on whether it's a young'un like Julie going in the next episode or if it's Chad in keeping with Ami's desire to get all the guys out first -- but it's worth keeping in mind that Snewser backtracked on his Julie pick two episodes ago after he put her up as the boot a couple weeks in advance, so we shouldn't have Leann's boot the week after next carved into stone. To do so would result in less of an effort on all of us in truly 'spoiling' the show and leaving stones unturned.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 04:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
Hear hear. It's really an idle exercise fitting a scenario around a preordained result.

11-15-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"

>Add to that Snewsers spoiler that
>Leann goes the week after
>next and it appears that
>the women's alliance does in
>deed start to fall apart
>this week.

Why does everyone seem to think that if LeeAnn goes next week that the women's alliance falls apart. It seems just as likely to me if LeeAnn goes next week, that means that the one remaining guy wins the immunity challenge and the girls have to vote out one of there own.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
If one of the two guys goes this week and the remaining guy wins immunity next week, Leann would seem to be low on the list of boot targets...

Ami would be a target because she's a challenge threat. Eliza and Scout would probably target each other before Leann. Julie and Leann have become buddies since the RC. Leann seems secure in her alliance with Ami, Eliza and Julie. The four of them would more likely target Twila or Scout.

Leann doesn't appear to be a likely target in the scenario you've laid out. Am I missing something?

Krautboy

11-15-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"

>
>Leann doesn't appear to be a
>likely target in the scenario
>you've laid out. Am I
>missing something?
>

Your not missing anything. I am just saying that the last remaining guy winning the IC next week is something that would lead to the voting out of a female without the premature collapse of the all girl alliance and that is a scenario that no one seems to be mentioning. Although it seems that LeeAnn is not on the chopping block, we are sometimes surprised with the developments of the game during an episode (i.e., the Lisa boot)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
I agree we should consider that if Leann goes in Ep 11 it could result from some dynamic that we haven't seen yet. It could begin with the breakdown that's apparently starting this week or it could be something that doesn't enter the mix until Ep 11.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Nashter 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-13-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
3. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
It appears that Eliza would do what she need to do to stay in the game. Also Twila and Scout are smart enough to reel "Eliza" in and cast differences aside and remember when it gets to final 2 you want to be with someone who is hated.

However, I wouldn't overlook Ami as joining the men with Scout and Twila.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-15-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: opportunity for smart girls"
Good idea, but it could also blow up in your face.

Let's just say that Scout decides she wants to take Ami out. She gets Leanne and Julie together and says, "Let's join up with the guys to get rid of Ami." It doesn't even matter which 3 form up at this point.

They go to the guys. Chris and Chad both say, "We're in."

All the guys have to do at that point is go back to Ami and say, "Listen, we know for a fact that they want you out. We'll vote with you to take Scout out. Just keep us in the game."

So then Ami goes to the other girls. The whole thing blows up in Scout's face, and Scout gets the boot.

I'm saying all this to illustrate that Survivor is not about the game of alliance making; it is a game on the subtleties and the art of alliance making. You can't just expect that because you have an alliance that it is solid. It is only solid for one round of voting.

Let's say that Scout's plan succeeds to get rid of Ami. That leaves 5 women and 2 men. Should be the 3 women in alliance plus the 2 men. But the men are still floaters, and can team up with the 2 women not in the alliance to break up that alliance. So the "smart girls" all of the sudden weren't so smart, and their alliance didn't make it to the end.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •