The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
1. A tribe deals with very grim conditions as one castaway has a tearful meltdown after finding maggots in the tribe's food.

2. A wild chicken wanders into the Yasur camp and sends the hungry tribe into a frenzy as they try to catch the chicken with a machete.

3. One Survivor tries to take advantage of tensions between two tribemates after a loss at the Reward Challenge.

4. Two castaways think they are the swing vote, leading to a very unpredictable Tribal Council.

Thoughts:
1 is Yasur. This "food" could be from an RC win. Maggots would seem to indicate that the food is old. Are we talking about another buried chest?

Based on 1, I'm guessing they don't catch the chicken in 2.

3 is Lea, maybe? Clearly Rory is upset in the preview. Is it from the vote or the way someone handled himself at the RC? Clearly Lopevi loses the RC based on the combination of 1 and 3, though.

If history is any indication, the person thinking they're the "swing vote" is often the target (i.e. Christy). I don't know if we have enough info to speculate on who this might refer to, though.

Fester

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... bdemoney 09-17-04 1
   RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... cuon10 09-18-04 7
 RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... KObrien_fan 09-17-04 2
   RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... pinchy 09-17-04 3
   RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... Witless 09-17-04 4
   RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... nailbone 09-17-04 5
       "Bowhunter" pinchy 09-17-04 6
       RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... PepeLePew13 09-18-04 9
   RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... cuon10 09-18-04 8
       burly girls vs. bowheads, who's the... pinchy 09-21-04 10
           oh come on sorgee 09-21-04 11
               RE: oh come on pinchy 09-21-04 12
                   i never said sorgee 09-22-04 14
 RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... tribephyl 09-22-04 13
   RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly... KObrien_fan 09-22-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
1. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
1. This has to be the Yasur tribe. I don't think men are going to break down and cry over maggots in their food. Definitely a female sort of thing.

2. How fun will it be to watch the women try and scramble to kill the wandering chicken........can't wait! Hope they get it.

3. I agree with you Fester, that it looks like the men will lose the reward challenge. As to who is trying to stir things up I think it might be Chris. Just a hunch...

4. My guess is Mia and Lisa are the ones who think they are the "swing" votes, which may be why they are slated to leave sooner than later.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-18-04, 09:44 AM (EST)
7. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
I am pretty sure that in the previews for next week it was eliza crying over something about the food, it may have been mia, but I think it was eliza. The person was hot, sweaty and looked to have dirt or something on their face. Also, at the rate Eliza's mouth is running, she could be the next boot. I am guessing on her and Dolly as the possible two. I am thinking Sarge may be the one taking advantage of two people on the next survivor because Rory had 1 vote against him and it was Brady, so he may use Brady and Rory to divide the group, or Brady may take advantage of Sarge's and Rory's apparent disagreement, but I believe it to be those three. And remember that Dolly has no problem breaking a chickens neck.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
2. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
1. It's the women folks that cry over the spilt maggots, but it seems a little strange to me since they have no rice supply, so they must leave something out...how long does it take maggots to appear? Could they have won some food in the RC and have the maggots appear so soon afterward?

2. Sounds hilarious, and reminds me of Boston Rob in the Marquesas.

3. I think the pot stirrer will be our FBI gent Brady.

4. 9 women divided into young (Eliza, Dolly, Mia, Julie) and old (Scout, Twila, Leann, Lisa) leaving Ami as one of the 2 potential swing voters, maybe Lisa fashions herself part of the young group and a possible swing vote too?

2004 A S S
Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
agree that Lisa considers herself part of the younger set, perhaps a foolish mistake. It's gonna get old hanging out with Eliza... how long can Lisa keep that fake smile going anyway?

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
>1. It's the women folks
>that cry over the spilt
>maggots, but it seems a
>little strange to me since
>they have no rice supply,
>so they must leave something
>out...how long does it take
>maggots to appear?

It takes maggots eight to 20 hours to emerge from eggs in warm conditions; my guess is that on a tropical island, eight hours would be enough.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
3. I think the pot stirrer will be our FBI gent Brady.

I'm leaning that way, too. Wasn't he the one that voted for Rory rather than Chris?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

09-17-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
6. ""Bowhunter""
Hee hee, just found something funny... so, if the bowheads (read "pretty girls" and young studs are the first to go, guess which young stud is there to capture bowheads? JP "He is the Vice President and the webmaster for the Long Beach Bow Hunters Club"

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-04 AT 09:56 AM (EST)

>3. I think the pot
>stirrer will be our FBI
>gent Brady.

>
>I'm leaning that way, too.
>Wasn't he the one that
>voted for Rory rather than
>Chris?

Yup, and I'm thinking along the lines of Brownroach's theory that maybe Brady was set up into voting for Rory so the old bunch wouldn't tip him off that they were planning to get rid of the young studs one-by-one. So, now Brady is pissed at being left out of the loop and he sees that Rory is pissed at being voted for ("classless") so here's an opportunity to stir the pot and get Rory and some other guy teeing off on each other in an attempt to deflect attention away from him as the "outcast" in being the only one who didn't go along with the two voting blocs for Chris and for Brook at the first TC.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-18-04, 09:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
I am guessing the swing votes to be Julie and Lisa, but funny enough, Dolly is hanging with Scout, so you never know.

09-21-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
10. "burly girls vs. bowheads, who's the swing vote?"
OK, we know that the next episode will come down to one swing vote between the b's- burlys and bows. Yeah, CBS is making a big deal that there are two possibilities, but I think we can figure out who it actually is. Right, Dolly is getting voted off according to all reliable sources...

So, bowheads are outnumbered somehow, who defects?

obvious Bowheads
Dolly, Eliza, Lisa,

obvious burlys
Twila, Leeann, Scout, Ami (Scout and Ami, not necessarily burly, but they work hard).

that leaves Julie or Mia as the swing, I think in this case it's going to be Julie.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-21-04, 08:25 PM (EST)
11. "oh come on"
dolly herds sheep. that's burly work. IMHO, she's more burly than bowhead.
(and for jeez um sake read her profile. she's burly.)

09-21-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: oh come on"
sorry, the fact that she can't pull off the burly chick routine without doing a lick of work, and that this is "really tough" for her AND that she seems to hang out more with the sorority bunch, means she goes next, case in point. Also, I heard that she has only been a "sheepherder" for less than a year, inherited her gramps farm... you know how cbs likes to play things up... come on?

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-22-04, 06:45 AM (EST)
14. "i never said"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-04 AT 06:49 AM (EST)

that she doesn't go next. in fact, since you brough tit up, i think that she does go next.
i'm just stating that her job selection and the activities that she lists make her more burly than bowhead. end of story.
(geez um, if you have sex, but it's only been "for less than a year" you still don't call yourself a virgin... the time factor is irrelevent.)

i had to edit to add that even if she hangs with the bowheads, she still isn't one of them. and because of this they won't fully align with her. group dynamics 101.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 03:21 AM (EST)
13. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
1. A tribe deals with very grim conditions as one castaway has a tearful meltdown after finding maggots in the tribe's food.
2. A wild chicken wanders into the Yasur camp and sends the hungry tribe into a frenzy as they try to catch the chicken with a machete.

Although it's been stated that a maggot can appear within a day.
My bet is that the food supply the women have already collected, is the maggot infested food.
My thought moreso leads to a reason the women should win RC. Because we see them with maggoty fruit, then we see them chase a wild chicken. Whether the get it or not is not really important because trying to split a "very lean" wild chicken between 9 women will be ...um... unfruitful? No, Unfulfilling!
Ah this is why we cheer for the women when they finally go to RC and win it.

3. One Survivor tries to take advantage of tensions between two tribemates after a loss at the Reward Challenge.

Well if the women win then the men are left to do some good oldfashioned cut-throating.
Although there are reasons for seeing Brady or Lea being our "advantage taker", I'm more likely to believe that it will be someone like JP or Bubba. Both of them are seen discussing "dangerous" behavior. My thought is that one of these guys see's a chink in the others armor and tries to sully the name of their alliances. Giving us two guys to contemplate come next Thursday.

4. Two castaways think they are the swing vote, leading to a very unpredictable Tribal Council.

As far as this thursday is concerned the women seem to be the losers of the immunity. So it must come down to 2 women who think that their vote will be a swing vote. Now add in a scenario like the end of Lex's witch-hunt, resulting in Kelly fleeing to the Samburus and Brandon temporarily shacking up with the Borans, to boot her. Kelly thought she was going to be the swing vote, but the Brandon swing vote was the "real" swing vote.
A similar situation may come in Ep.2.
Most likely Dolly starts whining about the food and her nights sleep, and missing her flock. Prompting a fellow bowhead to call her out on her whining. At which point Dolly announces her intention of becoming a swing vote. This prompts some burly girl to become the real swing vote, side-up with the bowheads (temporarily) and vote out Dolly.

At one point this would seem unbelievable. But, it can happen.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
The ABC is here!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 07:03 AM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS Misdirection for E2: "Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs, and the Old Bunch""
Although it's been stated that a maggot can appear within a day.
My bet is that the food supply the women have already collected, is the maggot infested food.
My thought moreso leads to a reason the women should win RC. Because we see them with maggoty fruit, then we see them chase a wild chicken. Whether the get it or not is not really important because trying to split a "very lean" wild chicken between 9 women will be ...um... unfruitful? No, Unfulfilling!
Ah this is why we cheer for the women when they finally go to RC and win it.

I had considered this scenario as well Tribe, but still came up with questions. I have heard from the men that they have coconuts and plantains around. I haven't heard of what other fruit may be on the island, and the ladies may have access to something else. Flies lay eggs on flesh that is already exposed or decaying material, that is what the maggots feed off as they grow.

Either way, it is very clear that the women had thought life would be so much easier after getting fire, and now reality is setting in and they realize "this is tough".

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •