The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"

Originally from Branford, Connecticut, John Kenney attended Branford High School, where he played basketball, lacrosse and baseball. He then attended college for two years at Northeastern University in Boston, where he studied Media Arts and Design.

After college, Kenney moved to Manhattan, New York to pursue a modeling career. While there, he also modeled in Paris, Milan, Korea and Miami. Approximately two years ago, Kenney relocated to Los Angels and most recently worked as a mechanical bull operator at a saddle ranch bar. He aspires to teach art and film and considers himself an artist, particularly with computer graphic design. He has previously worked as a construction worker and an x-ray technician.

Kenney describes himself as friendly, warm and a people person who at the same time is very competitive. John enjoys playing basketball and hiking and is most proud of the fact that he has traveled so much and met so many people in his young age. His hero is his mom because she works hard and enjoys what she does. His primary motivation for being on SURVIVOR:VANUATU is to win the money but also "the experience of doing all this crazy intense challenge stuff that although may not be enjoyable while I'm doing it, will be amazing to look back on." He also believes that he can be the Sole Survivor because he has the ability to read people well.

Kenney is currently single and living in Los Angeles. His birth date is September 26, 1981.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... RealityRyan 08-17-04 1
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... MattyMax 08-18-04 4
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... MattyMax 08-25-04 7
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... KObrien_fan 08-17-04 2
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... emydi 08-18-04 5
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... seahorse 08-17-04 3
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... Ra_8secs 08-23-04 6
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... cuon10 08-26-04 8
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... Mr Canuck 08-29-04 9
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... Capn2patch 09-04-04 10
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... PepeLePew13 09-04-04 11
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... MattyMax 09-05-04 12
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... Mr Canuck 09-05-04 13
 yeesh I_AM_HE 09-05-04 14
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Ke... cqvenus 09-06-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-17-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
yum... that's all I've got to say about that. He seems a little camp from his pic and profile... I wonder if we have our third gay cast member this season?

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-18-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
Yeah, he blipped on my gaydar.

I wonder how he's gonna meld with the other members of the tribes. There seems to be a strong Republican/Nascar/NRA/Christian/Military constituency this season.

Also reminds me of the first boot from Amazon, (it was Ryan, right?). Even if he's just extremely metro, He's gonna have to make some fast friends or stay way UTR on this tribe of manly men. (assuming that the tribes really are gender based)

MM

08-25-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
So after watching the contestant videos, I don't really think John K. is gay anymore. I do, however, think he's a total tool.

MM

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
Since there are 2 John's, I suggest we start calling this one "Skinny John", it fits and he may end up being one of the first boots especially if his tribe loses the first challenge which looks to be agility based which in a male vs female match-up, tends to favor the females.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
And when he does get the boot.....

Oh my God, they killed Kenney!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Blatantly stealing material from other boards since today....

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 07:57 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
I wonder if he is a future presidential candidate.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
This is just typical mainstream media bias. Has MB filed for "572" categorization?

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-26-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
I agree with mighty max. TOOL. 6-day survivor.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
After taking an X-ray look at this contestant, something interesting showed up on his Wife Beater.

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-04-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
Story from SFever. or access it here.

Branford native could be next 'Survivor'
By: John Rook , Staff Writer 08/30/2004

BHS graduate selected from thousands of applicants to be on CBS's hit show starting Sept. 16

BRANFORD- Television will be looking to crown a new star this winter, and a Branford native may just be rising to meet that challenge.
John Kenney Jr., a popular former Branford High School athlete, was named this week as one of the 18 contestants that will face off this fall on CBS's popular hit show Survivor: Vanuatu. Kenney, 22, was selected from a crop of thousands of applications submitted to the show after applying early in 2003.
"It has been an amazing and nerve racking last few months," said Catherine Kenney, John Jr.'s mother. "This is a wonderful thing for John because he is just so people friendly. He is just comfortable being a people person."
Kenney graduated from BHS in 2000, where he played a wide range of sports, including baseball, lacrosse, basketball and football his freshman year. In fall 2000, Kenney enrolled at Northwestern University, only to quit school right before graduation to pursue his dream of being a model.code for closet
"I have always pushed with my kids that the money doesn't matter as much as being able to say that you love your job," said Catherine. "There isn't a lot of money in what John is doing, but he really doesn't look at it like a profession. He looks at it like an adventure."
In early winter 2002, Kenney moved to Los Angeles, where he immediately began landing modeling jobs at major publications. So far Kenney has had tremendous success modeling for such magazines as Abercrombie and Fitch, and the profession has allowed the 22 year-old to travel the world.
"He went to Korea, he has traveled in Europe and every time he comes back he tells me how lucky we are to have what we do," said Catherine. "He has an amazing appreciation for what it is to be an American citizen."
Now, Kenney will be vying for the ultimate jackpot; a $1 million prize to the person who can survive the physical and mental challenges of one of America's favorite realities shows. Though the series has already been shot and the winner decided, don't expect the Kenney family to divulge any information.
To ensure that no secrets are revealed ahead of time, CBS forces both contestants and family members to sign a series of confidentiality agreements prohibiting what they can and cannot say, even to friends. If anyone violates those agreements they can be sued by the producers for up to $50,000.
Due to that, the family, which includes Kenney's father John Sr., an East Haven police officer, brother's Mark and Craig, and Catherine, has been hesitant to talk with anyone about the show.
But even without that agreement, Catherine would be tight lipped. She has no idea what happened on Vanuatu and she doesn't want to know.
"I just wanted to know whether he was physically and mentally okay," said Catherine. "Besides that, I didn't want him to tell me anything. We are just going to watch it on TV and be as surprised as anyone. We are really excited."
Kenney's whereabouts will be kept secret until he is removed from the show or the show ends, but Catherine did say he is planning on going back to school.
Now, however, all eyes will be focused on the television screen and what could happen.
"We are obviously very excited. Everyone will be watching to see what happens, including me," said Catherine. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for John and we know he made the best of it."
The first episode of the show will air on Sept. 16 and is set to run through the winter.

-> All of a sudden he can afford University after having made no money as a model?
-> Judging by the body language in some of the vidcaps, he appears to have struck a frienship with Brady.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"

>"I have always pushed with my
>kids that the money doesn't
>matter as much as being
>able to say that you
>love your job," said Catherine.
>"There isn't a lot of
>money in what John is
>doing, but he really doesn't
>look at it like a
>profession. He looks at it
>like an adventure."
>In early winter 2002, Kenney moved
>to Los Angeles, where he
>immediately began landing modeling jobs
>at major publications. So far
>Kenney has had tremendous success
>modeling for such magazines as
>Abercrombie and Fitch
, and the
>profession has allowed the 22
>year-old to travel the world.

>-> All of a sudden he can afford University after having made no money as a model?

University is not *that* expensive, and also, see the quote above, he "had tremendous success modeling" so there's a direct contradiction there in the article between what it says about tremendous success and his mom saying "there isn't a lot of money in what he does." I think he does well enough to be able to afford university if he can travel the world and appear in Abercrombie and Fitch. I think you could win $20,000 and be able to pay for 3 years of college with that. His mother also sounds like the type to step in and pay for an education considering John's still young at 22.

Good find, Capn. I do have a little doubt about the accuracy of this article because not only does it contradict about John's success but also it says the family can be sued up to "$50,000" for breaking the confidentiality agreement. Try $5,000,000.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

09-05-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
Ok, well, this article has bad info.

According to CBS, Kenney dropped out of NorthEASTERN university after 2 years, not out of Northwestern right before graduation,.. Big difference... also Northeastern is a five year program, so if he dropped out two years later he only really completed 2/5 of it.

I'm pretty sure CBS is right, because it says "He then attended college for two years at Northeastern University in Boston", which is where Northeastern is. (Northwestern's in Chicago)

Also, when is 'early winter, 2002'. Is that January or November?

If he did well, he wouldn't be headed back to school, he'd be doing MEDIA, this guy is a Model, and he'd wanna be the next colby or elizabeth.

MM

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-05-04, 07:10 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"
Maybe he'll appear in a commercial for the 5-blade-razor... I'm surprised nobody thought of that one yet!

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-04, 08:43 PM (EST)
14. "yeesh"
Just saw a promo on TVGuide channel...the guy actually said he didn't want to try out for the show, but was recruited when he went to audition for some other CBS show.

Now I'm not sorry at all that I ranked him dead last based solely on his name. He'll continue the fine tradition of other players that don't want to be there, like Gabe and Osten

The Fanatics Love List is back!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - John Kenney (John K)"

can't tell you guys how many times i read this as john kerry. lol.

this dude is SO gonna osten. who's starting the quitting pool on this guy?

~ cq

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •