The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amber/Rupert F2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-04, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amber/Rupert F2"
The final 2 will be Rupert and Amber - Amber wins it all

Point 1 we have Tom's Episode 1 comment "This is a game for the big boys". At this stage that points to either RUPERT or Tom (or in theory both of them in the final 2). But I think it's Rupert based on point 2, and not both of them based on point 3 & 4.

Point 2 we have Rupert's exuberance at the S7 reunion. His entire demeanor was that of a winner - Not of a 3rd-5th place finisher. At the point in time when they filmed the S7 reunion I think it's clear that Rupert made it to the Final 2, and in his mind atleast, he still had a good chance of winning the $1,000,000.

Point 3 we have Rob's comment that he want's to get the girl and the $1,000,000. He get's his wish with Amber being the other half of the final 2 (and the winner of the TC vote).

Point 4 we have MB needing to justify the inclusion of Shi Ann in this game. This is suppose to be a game of All Stars. The only time I've seen any indication Shi Ann had a clue about what was going on in the game, was when she said Amber's going to win this game if everyone's not careful. By showing us this comment, MB justified Shi Ann's inclusion as a player with a deep understanding of just who the power player(s) are. This points to Amber as the ultimate winner.

Point 5 we have MB's editing of Rupert this time around. After the positive edit he was getting in S7, He's been taken down a few notches in S8. IE. He hasn't been given winner editing this time around. This is to justify his loss to Amber in the final 2.

Point 6 we have Jenna's comment in Episode 1 saying that it's the girls game now. Given Jenna's editing so far, I can't see her winning. It's one think to give a player negative editing as a manipulator like Hatch and Brian. It's something different to give a player negative editing as a whiner, and self appointed food police. If we think Jenna's comment about this being the girls game now is relevant, then it will be the only other girl left (Amber) who takes the game.

Point 7 we have Rob's brother Mike saying don't trust anyone, and pointing out Rupert specifically as the snake in the grass and don't trust Amber. Rob and Mike had something like 24 hrs to talk strategy. And the only 2 players they talked about were Rupert and Amber? There is a reason MB showed us Mike/Rob talking about Rupert/Amber. It's because they are the final 2.

Point 8 we've seen Amber play this game twice now. We assumed Amber was picked for this game because after Elizabeth, and Colleen turned MB down she was next in the "cute girl" pecking order. But I find it interesting that this is the second time she has aligned herself with a player in what could be described as a variation on the good cop/bad cop routine. If this is actually strategy as Shi Ann indicated, and not just luck/editing it would easily explain why under the radar Amber beats provider Rupert.

Point 9 we have Rob's editing as a great player. But we've had great editing before with players that were fun to watch but never even sniffed the final 2. Rob being edited as a great player only means that MB thought the audience would find him entertaining - right up to the point where he's voted off.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 HuskiesFan 05-02-04 1
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 kyoko o 05-02-04 2
   knock against Amber mavsfan 05-02-04 10
       RE: knock against Amber Woogie 05-02-04 25
           RE: knock against Amber PepeLePew13 05-03-04 29
           RE: knock against Amber atimberger1 05-03-04 32
           RE: knock against Amber emydi 05-03-04 33
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 thumper2 05-02-04 3
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 babalouie 05-02-04 4
       RE: Amber/Rupert F2 JsHappi 05-02-04 5
           RE: Amber/Rupert F2 PepeLePew13 05-02-04 7
               RE: Amber/Rupert F2 Flowerpower 05-02-04 8
               Rupert's appearances - May 2004 udg 05-02-04 11
                   RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 Drive My Car 05-02-04 14
                       RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 Loree 05-02-04 15
                           RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 HuskiesFan 05-02-04 21
                       RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 JsHappi 05-02-04 17
                           RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 zazzy 05-02-04 18
                               RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 babalouie 05-02-04 19
                                   RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 Drive My Car 05-02-04 20
                                       RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004 udg 05-03-04 27
           RE: Amber/Rupert F2 mavsfan 05-02-04 12
               RE: Amber/Rupert F2 PepeLePew13 05-03-04 28
                   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 babalouie 05-03-04 43
           RE: Amber/Rupert F2 lilRED 05-03-04 36
               RE: Amber/Rupert F2 atimberger1 05-03-04 46
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 AngloFile 05-02-04 6
   how do they make F2 mavsfan 05-02-04 13
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 butthunder 05-03-04 42
       RE: Amber/Rupert F2 atimberger1 05-03-04 44
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 tinybubs 05-02-04 9
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 flower 05-02-04 16
 Alpha Gamma Delta sorgee 05-02-04 22
   RE: Alpha Gamma Delta MDSkinner 05-02-04 23
       RE: Alpha Gamma Delta sorgee 05-03-04 38
           RE: Alpha Gamma Delta Gingerman28 05-03-04 41
               RE: Alpha Gamma Delta emydi 05-03-04 45
                   EXACTLY sorgee 05-04-04 49
   RE: Alpha Gamma Delta Flowerpower 05-03-04 30
       RE: Alpha Gamma Delta okaloosajohn 05-03-04 31
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 Flipper 05-02-04 24
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 ILuvJeffP123 05-02-04 26
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 Brownroach 05-03-04 34
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 JohnMc 05-03-04 35
 Medication TenPin 05-03-04 37
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 texcanldy 05-03-04 39
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 DoodleBug 05-03-04 40
       RE: Amber/Rupert F2 bdemoney 05-03-04 48
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 atimberger1 05-03-04 47
 RE: Amber/Rupert F2 samboohoo 05-04-04 50
   RE: Amber/Rupert F2 calamityc 05-07-04 51
       RE: Amber/Rupert F2 blusparkle 05-08-04 52
           RE: Amber/Rupert F2 atimberger1 05-08-04 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-04, 08:14 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Mavs...I fully agree with all your points. I especially like Point #9.

Point 9 we have Rob's editing as a great player. But we've had great editing before with players that were fun to watch but never even sniffed the final 2. Rob being edited as a great player only means that MB thought the audience would find him entertaining - right up to the point where he's voted off.

Rob has been edited to win it all, the puppetmaster, if you will. There is no way he will win. I believe it is all a set up so that when he falls, we all go YAHOO!It makes for good TV.

In point #8, you feel that Amber can beat Rupert by using her UTR and "cute girl" tactics. This makes sence, but don't you think that her direct connection to Rob may hurt her? Rupert is an all round likable guy and may win votes that way.

I personally hope that your theory is correct. I have always been a fan of Rupert and would love to see him in the final 2. Do you remember the cut on Rupert's arm in the finale of S8? That still has not happened. It could be a clue to watch for as the next episodes unfold.

kyoko o 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Mavs....sounds like 'magical thinking' to me but heah, I'm a Rupert fan, and if you believe in magic..............

05-02-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
10. "knock against Amber"
<< but don't you think that her direct connection to Rob may hurt
<< her? Rupert is an all round likable guy and may win votes that
<< way.

Her connection to Rob may be a strike against her, but she didn't build a basement in her beach house. Too, while the players have said 'Rupert caught the fish, Rupert can eat all the fish if he wants.' I think several players are going to resent Rupert for rubbing their noses into his "food provider" status. I don't think most folks care to be reminded that they are dependent on others for their food. I can see Ruperts 'provider' role being a strike against him - or atleast not a help.

A possible final vote could be

Lex - votes Amber (holds his ouster against Rob - not Amber. He had a few more days to develope bonds with Amber than he did with Rupert. And I don't expect him to be impressed with Ruperts fishing ability.

Kathy - votes Amber (also holds her ouster against Rob - not Amber. She also had a few more days to develope bonds with Amber than she did with Rupert. Too, given a choice of giving the cash to a male or female - I expect her to go with the female 9 out of 10 times.

Shi Ann - votes Amber. She's alreadys shown that she respects Amber most as a player.

Rob - votes Amber. He want's the girl with the $1,000,000.

Alicia - votes Amber. She like Kathy, will probably vote for a woman to win 9-10 times. This is more iffy, than Kathy, but I remember in S2 being suprised by Alicia's vote for Tina, and her comments at the time made me think Alicia was voting primarily based on gender. Colby didn't have a chance to get her vote, and neither will Rupert.

Tom - votes Amber. Voting against an old hag like Mamma Kim, or Soozan is one thing. But when they voted out Jessie in Africa, Tom couldn't bring himself to vote against such a cute young thang (he voted Clarence), and he won't vote against Amber either in the finals either.

Jenna - Ok. Maybe she votes for Rupert.

So it ends up 6-1 Amber.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-02-04, 10:35 PM (EST)
25. "RE: knock against Amber"
Lex - Amber
Kathy - Rupert
Alicia - Amber
Shii Ann - Amber
Tom - Rupert
Jenna - Rupert
Rob - Amber

Possible 4-3 win. I don't see Kathy voting for Amber because though her anger is on Rob, Amber was the one that approached her and made agreement to her not Rob. I'm not sure about Tom though, much as his pronounciation. lol...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-04, 06:03 AM (EST)
29. "RE: knock against Amber"
I'm with you on the Tom voting for Rupert part... we've seen some good bonding going on with them, and if Tom gets booted 5th by a 4-1 vote then he might not be quite so warm and fuzzy towards the Robfadda (and by extension, his minion Lamber) for orchestrating his boot instead of teaming up to get Jenna or Rupert out with a 3-2 vote. Ergo, in this situation, it's a no-brainer to me that Rupert would get Tom's vote.

atimberger1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-03-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
32. "RE: knock against Amber"
I disagree, I think that Rupert will win in pretty much any case unless it is against rob, and then only because rob was a much better strategist. This is how I see the votes going if amber is in the F2 with rupert

Lex - Rupert (I don't think that he respects amber's play very much, so unless she is the one directly to out rob, showing supreme strategy, I don't think he'll vote for her.)

Alicia - Rupert (pretty much definitely, she is not really known for her strong thought based decisions, she works from emotion or plain to see fact. Rupert blatantly does the most around camp, and amber is the closest aligned to rob, who is not alicia's favorite person)

Kathy - Rupert (need I say more)

Shii Ann - Amber (she likes rupert, but envies amber's game play ultimately winning her vote)

Tom - Rupert (besides the fact that he's a bigot, which rules out an amber vote, he will be angry rob would toss him over for her, and of course there is his famous quote "this game is for the big boys," which may or may not mean something, but definitely shows his thought process)

Jenna - Rupert or Amber (Her vote will be dependent on how she leaves the game. Jenna is two faced, plain and simple. She tries to be your best friend, but she can hate you two minutes later. Besides all of her unwarrented rupert love is kind of suspicious to me. I mean who repeatedly wants others to give reward to someone besides themself. I realize a loving sweet person would, but those people just don't play this game. It is definitely done with a second purpose, which shows she isn't as attached to rupert as we may think. In addition her statements saying rupert doesn't know how to strategize, show that she may think amber better apt to play the game.)

Rob - uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! wait I think I got it ....... AMBER. (do I need to explain why?)

so there you go, it really wouldn't matter how jenna voted, it would be a Ruppie win 4 or 5 to 3 or 2. Either way he wins.

Now that I'm done fantasizing about how a good season of survivor would end, I'll get back to work.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
33. "RE: knock against Amber"
FWIW, and I wish Rupert was in the F2 too but , Lex would vote for Rupert too, remember he called Rob, Amber's errand boy, so no love lost there. Shii Ann likes Rupert too

emydi

thumper2 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
I totally think you have something...it all sounds logical! I think Rupert is doing an awesome job and I hope he wins or atleast is in the F2. How do you think Amber and Rupert will get there? Do you think maybe Amer wins final immunity and she knows she cant beat Rob so she take Rupert?
'Point 7 we have Rob's brother Mike saying don't trust anyone, and pointing out Rupert specifically as the snake in the grass'
Has anyone noticed all the 'snake in the grass' scenes? I tape the show and i know the last two weeks they have shown little clips of a snake slithering around....kinda wonder if maybe its Rupert???

babalouie 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Unlikely but, who was Rupert's best friend in PI? Balboa the snake....

JsHappi 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-04 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-02-04 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

bablouie... I have been trying and trying to figure out what that snake represented. Its on ALL time. I thought it was Rob that was the snake in the grass as he is, well, a snake in the grass. BUT, you are so right... Rupert loved his snake Balboa in PI.

I am not convinced this is whats going to happen but its by far the best theory I've read that doesn't follow c1 or snewser's predictions.

I wont hold my breath but the arguement is getting very convincing! Probably the old timers here will discount this as fantasy, but its at least well thought out and probable which is good enough in my book. WTG mavsfan, at last something interesting to think about!

ETA Although I do have to mention that Rupert's official website has him scheduled to make some appearences at some dinky places through May and June...so we know he doesnt win, it would be stupid to book now and as for F2, wouldn't he get better appearences? I don't know. But the arguement is fun at least!

05-02-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"

>ETA Although I do have to
>mention that Rupert's official website
>has him scheduled to make
>some appearences at some dinky
>places through May and June...

You got a link to this? I've looked around for Rupert websites and can only find unofficial ones through SirLinksalot and Google.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
For you Pepe, anything! Here's the link: www.rupertb.com

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-02-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
11. "Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
http://www.rupertb.com/schedule.html

05/29/04 | (AM) Indy 500 Festival Parade - Indianapolis, IN | Personal Appearance
05/29/04 | (PM) Hoosier Park Race Track - Anderson IN | Autographs/Photo Op
05/30/04 | Indianapolis 500 Race | VIP Guest
05/31/04 | Wild Adventures Theme Park - Valdosta, GA | Autographs/Photo Op
06/04/04 | "Fore the Kids" Celebrity Golf Tournament - Indianapolis, IN | Personal Appearance
06/07/04 | International Deli & Bakery Show - Washington, DC | Autographs/Photo Op
06/11/04 | Lincoln Central Benefit Dinner - Columbus, IN | Autographs/Photo Op
06/12/04 | Lincoln Central Carnival-East High School - Columbus, IN | Autographs/Photo Op

UDG

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 06:51 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"

I don't know that the Indy 500 would be a dinky appearance, it's a pretty big deal.

Interesting spec on this thread, but I still don't see Rupert in the finals. Stranger things have happened.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
We've heard more than once that Rupert ended up angry with Rob. Why would he be angry with Rob if he makes it to the F2? Rob has to outlast Rupert for Rupert to be angry at him.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 09:06 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
We've heard more than once that Rupert ended up angry with Rob.

If Rupert makes it to the finals, maybe the reason he is so angry with Rob is because Rob lied to him. Rob had promised Rupert that he would take him to the finals, but Rob broke the promise to Rupert ( an just about everyone else). Rupert had held on to that promise and not lobbied to kick Rob off when he could have. When it was time for Rob to stab Rupert in the back, obviously close to the end, it too a lot of wheeling and dealing for Rupert to save his own a$$. I am sure, since we have seen the personality of Rupert, he took it all personally and was angry that Rob lied to him.

Just a theory....

JsHappi 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
>
>I don't know that the Indy
>500 would be a dinky
>appearance, it's a pretty big
>deal.
>

My husband said the that its a big race, and laughed at me for calling it dinky... sorry, racing is not my thing.. but the deli and bakery show is dinky!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-02-04, 08:10 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
The deli and bakery show sounds like a national suppliers' show--where grocery store buyers,bakeries, restaurants and other food places would attend. These trade shows can be huge.

Maybe Rupert is looking for a sponsor/commercial endorsement at the show?

05-02-04, 08:30 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
As much as I want to see Rupert win it all, I'm not sure he does.

As for the appearances at the deli & bakery show, it might be helpful to him and the boys he mentors. Maybe he hustling up some funds, scholarships....there's even a blurb about sponsorship on the IDDBA home page.

I also thought it interesting Tom is the only other survivor member's photo on the site thus far.....

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"

You have to remember that Rupert was offered these appearances before any of the sponsers knew where he finished. They weren't booking the Winner of Survivor, or the 4th place finisher, or the 6th place, they were booking a player in All Star Survivor.
Just that he is a local guy who is on a high rated TV show was enough.

Win or lose sometimes these appearances are pretty lucrutive for the Survivors, also if they are involved with a charity, the appearances can really help the organazation.

I don't think the appearances or how big or little they are gives any clue to where he finishes the game. It's interesting, but I'll bet if you checked they all have things lined up for after the finale.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-04, 04:40 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Rupert's appearances - May 2004"
I totally agree. I was just providing the info.

UDG

05-02-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
<< Although I do have to mention that Rupert's official website
<<< has him scheduled to make some appearences at some dinky places
<<< through May and June...so we know he doesnt win, it would be
<<< stupid to book now and as for F2, wouldn't he get better
<<< appearences?

Note - The appearance schedule starts 3 weeks AFTER the final TC and most are local (Indiana). If Rupert finished 3rd-5th I think he would be available to start doing local appearances virtually the day after the Final TC. The 3 week lag makes him available to do the CBS publicity tour - assuming he's final 2 and possibly the winner.

Why would the possible winner even 3 weeks after the win, be scheduled to do dinky local gigs? - 1st, I don't think I'd call the Indy 500 a dinky gig. 2nd, several of the appearances look to be youth related (He is a mentor for troubled youths). 3rd, it's hard to say no to folks from your home town.

05-03-04, 05:58 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
I think this is NOT indicative of where Rupert finishes because there's much more of a buzz around Rupert, much more than for someone like Sandra and Lillian, so it could be that Rupert just kept time aside for a few weeks after the finale with all the stuff going on -- and SeeBS could also have mandated that he isn't allowed to do anything non-SeeBS related for two or three weeks afterwards. I'd submit that more people would want to get a piece of Rupert in let's say 4th place than they would for Lamber or Jenna as champion, but not as much as Rawb if he won.

It'd help to know what the immediate post-finale schedules were for past winners/final 4ers to see if they also had a 2-3 week gap in between the finale and their first public appearances.

05-03-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
All I can say about Rupert's webpage is that it does have links to Survivor PI and Allstars. It's the actual logo, ehich he would need permission to use.

Do the other contestants have web pages were they are allowed to direct link with the survivor logo?

The ndy 500 is a pretty big deal. He's listed as a VIP. Whether it's to honor a hometown boy, or if he is the winner, who knows??

As for the snake, I am divided on what it means. balboa was Rup's best friend on PI. This season, didn't somebody say "who's the snake? Shii-ann? and they answered "No, Rob is"
Hmmmmm.

lilRED 37 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
New to posting, but have been reading (and enjoying) your posts all season. Two things.... Does anyone know if snewser's ever been wrong, and two didn't someone say earlier this season that Rupert's editing in the opening sequence singled him out as possible winner, Something about his picture being in the film frame which is different than everyone elses???

Also nice pickup on the snake, They have been showing that a lot, I could easily see that pointing to Rupert.

05-03-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Darn right good pick up on the snake

IN FACT

don't we have a recent conversation btwn two brothers blatantly calling rupert a snake!!!!!!!!!! (Rob and Mike)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! food for thought

AngloFile 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"

You make some good editing points, but a big question remains for me: how would they end up getting selected for F2, since either would be a hard opponent to beat? this means that one or other wins immunity in the F3. If Tom is in the F3, taking Amber/Rupert might make sense, as Tom seems quite well liked. If Jenna is in F3, I think either A or R would prefer to be in F2 with her. If Rob is in F3, it's more debatable depending on how well he can play up his "hard game playing" strategy, but I would think he still might be a better bet than either Amber/Rupert given his jury enemies (and A would probably take him given the chance, regardless). So it seems that this F2 points to a Rupert/Tom/Amber F3, which itseld looks unlikely, given the power vote of Romber and the unlikeliness of the other 3 joining forces.

05-02-04, 06:26 PM (EST)
13. "how do they make F2"
I've never been very good at understanding the motivation of players. Who would have thought S7 would end up Sandra/Lil? That S6 would end up Jenna/Matt, S4 Neleh/Vecepia, S3 MammaKim/Ethan, S2 Colby/Tina?

A possible Scenario:

Scenario 1) Rob seems to have a deal with just about everyone (Sounds like he's been taking lessons from Brian Hedick). But keep in mind the recent theme has been that everyone is paranoid. So, everyone with an alliance with Rob starts to question it and start looking for another deal - even Amber. What was the criticism about Amber is S2? - It's That she failed to realign when she knew she was holding a losing hand. So this time she's learned her lesson. She isn't sure about her alliance with Rob, so she decides to realign with Jenna and Rupert. A/J/Rup vote out Rob then Tom. Leaving a final 3 of A/J/Rup.

At the Final 3 Amber or Rupert either one win and follow the trail laid down by Colby/Lil - take someone you like to the final 2.

Scenario 2) Rupert has immunity. Both power couples lobby Tom. Tom tells A/R he will vote Jenna. (Tom also tells J/R that he will vote Rob).

Rob/Amber think Jennas is really in their pocket and the 3 together can in a blindeside vote Tom out now, and Rupert out next. Oops, Jenna instead votes with Rupert against Rob (they thought Tom would vote with them). This gives us A/R voting Tom, J/R voting Rob, Tom voting Jenna. 2-2-1 tie. Tom knows he's been sold out by A/R and in the revote joins J/R to vote out Rob. Next TC Tom is toast. Amber votes against him because he betrayed her and Rob. J/R vote against Tom because he had lied to them and tried to oust Jenna the week before.

At the Final 3 Amber or Rupert either one win and again follow the trail laid down by Colby/Lil - take someone you like to the final 2.

This is just a couple of possible scenarios. I never thought Lil would win an immunity challenge but she did. I thought Colby would face Keith and he didn't.

WHY will it end up Amber/Rupert? Ask me again in 8 days, I'll know more then.

butthunder 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Amber against Rupert would be the most fascinating f2 but I agree, I can't imagine anyone choosing Rupert to go to the finals against and if Rupert won immunity, he would surely take Jenna over Amber. The interesting question is who we he take to the final; Amber or Rob? Tough choice but I would guess Rob.

So I'm not sure how it could be a Rupert/Amber final two.

05-03-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
I actually think, that amber may bring rupert, if she realizes how quickly she's gonna lose against rob. If rupert, rob, amber final three, Amber WILL NOT win against rob I don't think. Even though the others have gotten beat by rob in a bad way, they will ultimately respect his game play and give him a mill. Amber is smart enough to realize this, and also to realize that rupert is not the best strategically, and that jenna is the brains of that alliance. Therefore strike jenna off the list, who wants to go against someone with the same strategy as you, right, bc then you are on even footing. Tom, will already be gone most likely so he doesn't even come into the picture. This added with the fact that if she does oust rob, that puts her strategically so far ahead of rupert in the votes, it may be a good move for her. If she was smart enough to do it.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-04 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

Point 2 we have Rupert's exuberance at the S7 reunion.

This has been bugging me a lot lately, Rupert was way to happy at the S7 reunion and that was just several days after S8 finished filming. Maybe I'm just looking for hope since I'm a fan of Rupert, or that S8 isn't as predictable as it has been to this point.

A nice alternative to the spoilers, and you make some good points. Hope you're right that the spoilers are wrong.

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be in there sitting next to you saying "Dang! That was fun!"

flower 97 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
If amber wins, I'll be more disappointed than when jenna won!!...she just sits back and rides in on jerris' back and now more successfully robs' back!! rob deserves it more than she does, he's working his @ss off and doing all the dirty work, while she just smiles and looks pretty!! rupert has managed to be a strong player without stabbing everybody in the back like rob! rupert should win this!!

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-02-04, 09:19 PM (EST)
22. "Alpha Gamma Delta"
Rumor has it that Amber has recently donated a "sizable sum" to Alpha Gam. I haven't been able to confirm how much, but it has been a topic at many of the alumnae meetings.

"Sizable sum" is the terminology that has been used by headquarters. Amber had to get a "sizable sum" from somewhere. I'm guessing she gets it from Survivor.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 09:50 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Alpha Gamma Delta"
>>Rumor has it that Amber has recently donated a "sizable sum"
>>to Alpha Gam.

Do you have a link to this rumor? I have not seen this and would find it interesting.

05-03-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Alpha Gamma Delta"
This isn't a rumor in the sense that I read it, but rather that it was the topic of discussion at an event I attended on April 17 for our IRD. (That's International Reunion Day for all of you non-Alpha Gams.) A list was read of recent donors and Amber's name was read along with the amount of "sizable sum." At the time I didn't think anything of it, but as time has gone on, it clicked in my head that she had to get the money from somewhere...

I then talked to a couple of fellow Alpha Gam alums in different parts of the country and the same list was also read at some of their IRD meetings. (Most IRDs are held the 3rd Saturday of April, but not all groups do it on that date.)

Anyway, all I have been able to confirm with International Headquarters is that she has filled out the paperwork, but that the donation has not yet actually been made. Everyone is being very tight lipped about it now. I was told that they will not release an amount until after the transaction is completed and that if the donation is changed to "anonymous", no details will be released.

So, all I have is an afterthought based on a list that was read across the nation at various Alpha Gamma Delta IRD events.

I've been around for a few years and I'm not known for posting junk. I just wanted to throw this out there to everyone. All I know for sure is that Amber is making a donation to her sorority.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Alpha Gamma Delta"
Unless you can predict the future, it would be hard to know that Amber wins the million and has enough money to make a sizeable donation to Gamma Delta since the final vote will not be revealed until around 10Pm on Sunday, May 9.Only then will she know if she has the bucks. Only the producers know who the winner is at this time and unless someone spilled the beans to Amber, she will not know if she has enough money for the large donation until then along with the rest of us.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Alpha Gamma Delta"
But if Amber is in F2 she knows she's winning at least $100K and I think the other prized were doubled so, $200,000.00.

emydi

05-04-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
49. "EXACTLY"
For Amber to commit to a donation, I think she would have to be in the final 2.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 06:33 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Alpha Gamma Delta"
Rumor has it that Amber has recently donated a "sizable sum" to Alpha Gam.

....and Darrah has been seen around town sporting a new Hummer...

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Alpha Gamma Delta"
To go with her new boobies, of course!

Flipper 53 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 10:29 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Hi - I apologize if this has been addressed in another thread, but I didn't see it, has anyone mentioned, discussed or analyzed the print ad in this weeks Entertainment Weekly magazine for the Survivor finale?

The names of seven of the survivors are printed on the beach by the shore, with each name in a star. Jenna and Shii Ann's names are in stars closest to the water and partially washed away. A starfish is the left of Jenna's name, a seashell to the right of Shii Ann's name. Below those 2 are Tom and Kathy's name below the logo with a prominent first row (or bottom row, depending on your perspective) with Rob - Amber - Rupert's names in stars in that order. Some type of shell or mollusk is just inside of the star with Rob's name.

I know this could be random p.r. for hyping the finale, but I thought the choice of names was interesting (and possibly tied in with the weird fade-in order of the booted survivor's in the promos?) for example, Kathy's name is there, not Alicia's, who made it into the final 7, Jenna's being washed away like Shii Ann's, and most importantly for this threat the Rob/Amber/Rupert listing at the bottom. Rob's name is marked with that shell, Amber's prominently in middle - with Rupert's name on the other side.

Just thought it was worth a mention, in case anyone else thinks it may be a clue.

Flipper

"It wasn't sorta, Jeff"

ILuvJeffP123 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-04, 10:36 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
I just re-watched the last episode and there is a shot at the end of TC when they are walking out after the vote that could also back up your theory.

If you watch closely there is a shot of Amber and then of Rupert that if very telling (it may be Rupert then Amber, I can't remember it exactly). I, being a big Mole fan (original not celebrity) always look for telling clues that may lead to the something. I thought this was interesting but put it out of my mind until I saw this thread.

MB could be thinking ahead with the editing!!!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

Point 5 we have MB's editing of Rupert this time around. After the positive edit he was getting in S7, He's been taken down a few notches in S8. IE. He hasn't been given winner editing this time around. This is to justify his loss to Amber in the final 2.

I disagree with this assessment. If Rupert were going to be in the final 2 (whether he wins or loses) I think MB would have given him an edit more similar to his edit in S7.

MB knows Rupert was hugely popular with the general audience going into All Stars, and if Rupert were actually going to be a contender for the million this time, I believe MB would have structured much more of the A$$ story around him. While he might edit Rupert a little less over the top than in S7, he'd give the audience more of their beloved Rupie than we've been seeing, so that everyone would be biting their nails to see if he could in fact pull it off the second time.

Rupert's dullsville edit means he's just hanging out until he gets voted off, imo. Besides which, Rupert has been pooh-poohed as a "player" by pretty much everyone. I don't think this is just misdirection. Shii Ann has been practically screaming that Tom and Rupert are going to do nothing to improve their situation.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-03-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
So between mavsfan saying that F2 is Amber and Rupert, and the clown saying that F3 is Amber/Jenna/Rob, I just don't know what to think. My mind is just spinning right now, because they both have very valid arguments.

(And that is why I tolerated the last 3 weeks of boring predictable Survivor - because the end is going to be exciting!)

One safe conclusion, though, is that Amber wins, and that Tom is NOT F3.

Here is my other safe conclusion and more than obvious observation:

The power couples are Romber and Jupert. Tom is the swing vote, and is relying on Rob and NOT his work buddy Rupert to take him to F3. Amber has tried to make sure that Jenna doesn't work Tom to get rid of them. So while Tom could be a swing vote, he won't be. He will be ditched to let the real playas play.

So the winner is Amber - next weeks boot is Tom, and places 2 through 4 are going to be fun to watch.

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
37. "Medication"
Point 2 we have Rupert's exuberance at the S7 reunion.

Well maybe Rupert was finally diagnosed for his mood swings/depression and he was flying high on some anti-depressant.

TenPin

ya never know

texcanldy 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Please be kind since I'm still new at this but thought I would throw this out. I found something at sucks that made me go Hmmmm.
I was reading Shi Anns interveiw and this was in it,Question: Who do you see yourself staying friends with from All Stars?
Shii Ann: Quite good friends with Kathy, Jenna M, and Ethan. But my personal favorite will be Rupert. I can't wait to see him at the finale. He was truly sweet to me but we didn't see much of that on the show..........

to which the poster there asked the same question that I was thinking....Does this mean she doesn't see him in loser lodge?

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
That very thing is being discussed in the "Shii Devil Chat" thread.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Although I would not mind it at all, I honestly don't see a Amber/Rupert final two.

First, Snewser has Rupert (and Tom) with a thumbs down.

We also have SA's interview staying that she tried to mix things up and yet people seemed ok with fourth or fifth place. I believe this refers to Tom and Rupert.

Also, as has been pointed out in the editing thread by VS and others it seems that Rupert will be voted out fourth.

Even if all of the above is not true and Rupert ends up in the final three with either Jenna/Amber or Rob/Amber (assuming Tom goes this week) why would it end up he and Amber in the final two?

If he wins final immunity he would pick Jenna over Amber to come with him to the final two, since Jenna is his original alliance partner and she has ticked off more people than Amber.

I think the same goes for Rupert picking Rob over Amber as he will know that Rob has burned more bridges than Amber.

So that leaves us with Rob, Jenna or Amber picking Rupert if they win final immunity. Which I just do not see happening.

Rob would pick Amber or Jenna over Rupert in the final two. Reasoning-Jenna is easier to beat than Rupert, or Amber is his girl.

Amber would pick Rob or Jenna over Rupert in the final two. Reasoning-same as above.

Granted I could be wrong and end up watching Amber and Rupert in the final two, but I highly doubt it for the reasons listed above.

05-03-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
While I agree that is a good catch, it could also just be bc they haven't been able to see each other since they got back. They may have or may not have been in loser lodge. I commend your catch, but unfortunately have to say logically it could go either way so can't draw a conclusion from it.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Rupert would have to have one heck of an immunity run to get there, and could win some "respect/survivor" votes in doing so. Also, during one of Saboga's TCs, Rupert made a statement to the effect of "wanting or hoping to do better this time around for his family." It's been a while, so I don't recall the specific quote. I thought it was kind of late for a "key statement" but wouldn't that be something if it was.

Samboohoo

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-04, 00:10 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Based on all the threads now, there isn't much doubt about Amber, but I am still curious about the #2 position. The Other Site Picks thread was just sure Rupert got IC this week, and I was waiting for that, but he didn't, and yet he is still there. Probably wishful thinking, but I would like to see him place higher than Jenna.

blusparkle 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
Pretty much new, however here are my thoughts....

I am pretty sure that Amber is in the final two, but also wondering who will be with her. Right now my line of thinking is going against the grain in thinking that Rupert will be in the final two with her.....(wishing).
Looking over this thread again and the others and at the other boards and now I am beginning to think that it could be so.
The Ew article over on Phoenix, when talking about Rupert it says that Jeff said "the only way Rupert can make it to the final two is with immunity, it could happen" says Burrnet, "Rob struggles to beat Rupert in water challenges, so Rupert has every chance to get himself to the end."
I don't know how to get the article pic over here, but this is the addy
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S8EntertainmentWeekly/S8ew0514finale08
Also, in the article it has quotes from him about the other players, thought that it is funny that there is only one or two others that he mentions about having the possibility of going to the final 2/3...(it has Tom also so at the time it was the five)...and those tow are Rob and Amber

The IC that we are seeing in the vidcaps apparently isn't water it is a maze, so maybe he somehow gets to the final 3, and that is water, wins immunity, and takes Amber to the final 2 (wishing again)...and then there is the snake.

And it has also been stated that Rupert is one mad mofo at Rob in the end, was thinking along the lines that there is something else that is not being shown/speculated.
I know that they only have IC's during the final 4, but its also been stated that the game is going to change somewhat, could this be it, having another reward and then the promos showing only the reward thus far? I know its way out there but....just thinking and hoping for an appearence of Rupert in the Final

05-08-04, 08:43 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Amber/Rupert F2"
if we all had our way, Rupert would definitely be in F2

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •